Mfw people have to argue about which Star Wars movies are the best instead of just enjoying all the awesomeness

>mfw people have to argue about which Star Wars movies are the best instead of just enjoying all the awesomeness

They're just okay at best.

>awesomeness
How is this relevant to a film's artistic merits?

I've never even seen a Star Wars movie

Film hasn't been art for at least a decade.

But now the majority of them aren't even good

>Star Wars
>Awesomeness

Grow the fuck up. I don't even know you, and you still disappoint me.

>awesomeness

reddit

Watch more film, bud.

Come to your senses, pal.

the last one was the best

You made this exact thread earlier today

and we decided return of the jedi was the best one

they're all shit

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- S. Pegg
>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- G. Lucas
>"SW ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood. It created the big-budget comic book mentality."
- P. Schrader
>"A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness
>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg
>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- W. Friedkin
>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- A. Jodorowsky
>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

what a bunch of pretentious faggots

>After the Storm (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2016)
>Inside Llewyn Davis (Coen Brothers, 2013)
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Andrew Dominik, 2007)
>Antichrist (Lars von Trier, 2009)
>Hell or High Water (David Mackenzie, 2016)
>Manchester by the Sea (Kenneth Lonergan, 2016)
>Wiener-Dog (Todd Solondz, 2016)
>Youth (Paolo Sorrentino, 2015)
>The Great Beauty (Paolo Sorrentino, 2013)
To name just a few from the past decade.

Okay you're right. Inside Llewyn Davis was pure gold.
But television has been better recently that film.

>thread about Star Wars
>Justified pic
fuck you, I want to talk about Justified
Tim best boy

why doesnt Tim get a spin off

So this is the newest forced meme?

WELL AS I LIVE AND BREATH IF IT AIN'T MY OLD FRIEN RAYMOND GIBBONS!

WE IN A REDDIT THREAD

I almost saw After The Storm in theaters and now regret my missing out intensely.