Breaking Bad or Better Caul Saul

Breaking Bad or Better Caul Saul

which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dXDQ1LqukY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Breaking bad.

Better Call Saul

Anybody that says BCS is trying too hard.

>bcs
literally nothing happens: the show
>breaking bad
literally everything happens all the time: the show

Saul is still Breaking Bad which is awesome but it just doesn't have the "oopmh". Breaking Bad was a constant adrenaline rush but BCS is so slow and, kinda boring.

I'll never get the appeal for Better Call Saul. It's as if they took all the filler from Breaking Bad and made an entire show out of it.

And it's not like Breaking Bad didn't have its fair share of filler, nothing really important happens 90% of the time.

they're really not in the same vein unfortunately. but comparing seasons at this point, breaking bad went full scale multi-million dollar cartel meth production in season 3. better call saul is just getting around to creating saul goodman. i kinda wish better call saul would speed it up some, but i think the rest of this season will be extremely juicy.

Everyone loves BCS the most when it reminds them of BB. That should answer your question.

honestly i watch it for pic related. getting backstory on mike is awesome and nacho brings in a new vibe among the cartel. really nacho is the only one breaking bad because he's got a good job working with his father.

better call saul has been more consistent than breaking bad ever was. when I think why it honestly has to be that there are no annoying characters like the skyler

one of the few things holding back bcs is mike. he is just too indulgent and fan servicey for my taste.

Breaking Bad is infinitely better. One of the best tv shows ever made, Better Call Saul is just an ok drama. As a huge fan of BB who couldn't believe it when the rumours about a Saul spinoff were true I wouldn't have believed I actually got bored of it and stopped watching.

BCS is going to build up to be even more of a wild ride than Breaking Bad. They're going for the slow buildup and the huge payoff.

Once Saul Goodman's practice starts for real and he's a total crook, BCS is going to be a rollercoaster.

That being said, I like BB a lot and I enjoy BCS a lot currently. But BCS is going to be crazy as it progresses, mark my words.

Did this really used to be on netflix? I thought I watched it on amc.

Saul's backstory is interesting but it should've been handled a lot quicker. Season 1 dedicated to a loser hustling is ok but I want to see Saul Goodman handling cases other than WW, not his family drama with a tinfoil autist.

It's AMC but netflix handles worldewide distribution and brands it as "their show" outside US. Has the netflix logo before episodes and everything

That'll be the final season which'll line up with "Gene's" future life.

I don't want 3 seasons of buildup for one season of Saul. It doesn't just have to be before the events of BB, Saul had other customers on the side for a long time.

>fight me
chuck is the new skyler

I don't think you could get more than one season of Saul; I think it'd be too similar to BrBa - a morally sliding man learning to be a career criminal.

BCS.

Much of BB sucked. Season 2. Every Skylar episode. Everything about BCS has been gold.

Better Call Saul is pretty shit. I can't imagine recommending it to anyone who isn't already a breaking bad addict.

(You)
>which is better?
Better Caul Saul
It has nearly zero pleb bait. Vince was given a lot more leeway and it shows.
go back to ledit

what a pleb
you probably didn't understand "Fly" and called it filler

really liked BB but BCS is more better. 100% invested in Jimmy although I know where it all leads.

Sorry chads that there's not enough shooting and killing and general bad-assery for you

Thats the trouble with it, BB without a doubt attracts people with the preference for more action/fast paced story telling. Give them BCS, and all they get is a drama. I don't mean to make a stereotype of anyone, but typically people who are into fast paced stuff aren't interested in drama.

BrBa Seasons 1-3 > BCS > BrBa Seasons 4-5

>good job working in a sewing factory
I guess it's a good job if you're used to sweat shops

BB was more entertaining, but BCS is far better written.

First seasons of BB were a slow burning drama though
one of my normie friends quit after season 2 because "it was boring"

Breaking Bad by a long shot. Better Call Saul is only watchable because of breaking bad. It would not work as a stand alone. It's a drop in quality. Tons of pointless filler. It should have been condensed to no more than 2 seasons.

Breaking Bad is what gave normies a reason to watch it, but it didn't take long for it to stand on its own legs as a great show.

Some of the Mike/Gus fan service is unnecessary though.

patrician detected
breaking bad fan service is the worst part of better call saul
chicanery was the best episode in this season and it had no BB shit

I didn't know people disliked "fly" before checking the internet long after. It didn't stand out to me in a bad way. A good unique episode and a change of pace.

I only knew it was disliked because a friend told me he hated it. I found it to be a great way of showing the tedium Jesse was enduring in a way we could walk a mile in his shoes.

Breaking Bad was far better written and concise. It was the classic rise and fall crime story.

Better Call Saul is normie redddit tier fan service that does nothing but milk the success of breaking bad. Saul Goodman was only interesting as a side character. Give him an entire show and it's completely weakened his character. Only pleb-tier faggots say Better Call Saul is better.

I always wait until a season is over before starting (with any show) so I don't read the week-to-week reactions. It's been a few years but IIRC I liked how it showed them getting more and more stressed about their whole situation and their lives. To tell you the truth I didn't even notice it all taking place in one room because I was enjoying the tension.

>To tell you the truth I didn't even notice it all taking place in one room because I was enjoying the tension.
I felt the same way
>reddit spacing
you have to go back

i've been rewatching breaking bad lately and skipping 2/3 of each episode which is skylard or cancer appointments
i forgot how much filler there was

suppose BCS was on first. there would be no buildup, no accolades, no Emmys every year. Hell, it would probably not get made at all. If it did, it would be cancelled mid-season.

So there is your answer.

it's not a sew shop, they do upholstery dude. bit of a difference.

That's a meme made up by faggots from reddit like yourself. It's called writing in paragraphs you uneducated nigger.

kys

BCS Mike scenes > BrBa > BCS Saul scenes

>there are retards on this website who format their posts in annoying ways just to avoid being called reddit

Better call kino

>knowing how reddit spaces
you have to go back

>That's a meme made up by faggots from 8pol
FTFY
>implying reddit spacing isn't the annoying format
you don't need a line break after each sentence. Paragraphs exist for a reason.

>knowing how to spot a redditor makes you one
YOU have to go back

Found the pleb.
BCS is pleb filter. Anyone that likes BB over BCS needs to go back.

I only watched BB for 3 and a half season.
I'm more into BCS purely because I want to see how he eventually becomes Saul from BB
i think you need to have seen BB to truely appreciate BCS
>that scene when jimmy has to watch fring's goon in the restaurant
fuck that shit was good.

BCS is a pleb filter in a sense that it attracts pretentious fags like you to praise it for "muh slow burn". BCS is boring as hell, nothing ever happens and no amount of smug elitism can change that.

Breaking Bad by a long shot.

The first episodes of BCS are actually in the same tone and really cool to watch but it then end up with two stories that have almost zero in common and which takes fucking forever to get anywhere.

5/10 will still continue to see BCS but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to do it this way.

>Breaking Bad was a constant adrenaline rush
You obviously don't remember the first 2 seasons

I was expecting them to make him basically play Vas all over again, but I like the direction they took him. Sucks he was barely in the other seasons

this
BB was slow burn at first until they had to appeal to the lowest common denominator to secure funds

BCS is has way too much padding, the second season didn't need to exist.

This 3rd season I almost didn't watch but it's actually been alright, I just wish they hadn't gone down the "reel in the normies with weekly cameos" route.

The show would have been much better off if it was just a James McGill lawyer drama with no Breaking Bad tie-ins, it's disappointing that the plot is geared towards him becoming Saul Goodman.

Mike and intellectual Mexican guy are good characters but they're so far disconnected from the main plot, it's 2 parallel shows in one now. I'm sure most of the target audience is bored of Jimmy and Chuck now.

>mexican intellectuals

>the second season didn't need to exist.
WTF
season 2 was pure kino
>Jimmy and the Wolf
>Jimmy being unable to fit in the office and developing what would later be his Saul look in an effort to be as obnoxious as possible
>Jimmy's ability to exploit the fine print
>Chuck hiding from him the fact that their mother asked to see Jimmy
>Kim showcasing her skills
>Chuck's deceiving chops, ranging from underhanded compliments to tricking Jimmy into a confession by faking his own mental illness
>Jimmy's creativity when it comes to bullshitting with Playuh and the videos made to titillate the senses
>Chuck feeling cucked by Jimmy's charm and trying to emulate him by telling a joke to his wife that falls flat

It was an amazing season, only a BB pleb would say otherwise. Oh wait, that reddit spacing in your post means I shouldn't have bothered writing this. You are probably on ritalin to treat the ADHD that prevents you from enjoying BCS so you can't capture the nuance and think everything is filler.
I called it back in the day, "nothing happens" memesters are redditors. Maybe try the works of Michael Bay, they're more likely to suit your tastes. Specially the Transformers saga, plenty of explosions for you to enjoy.

>Jimmy and the Wolf
You mean Peter and the Wolf?

>defending reddit:the show by calling critics Reddit browsers
>nuance
S2 undid the development of the first season and established nothing new as it ended pretty much back where it started. Stop being pretentious.

ayy good taste senpai
nope, I mean the episode when the guy tells Jimmy there's 2 classes of people, wolves and sheep

have a nice video
youtube.com/watch?v=_dXDQ1LqukY

Gloria > Kim, but not by much

The season went over your head. Before S2 we didn't know Saul was a guy who had a nice job with potential to become a partner and quit because he didn't fit.
Also I've been calling out the ADHD redditors since they came here to shitpost, and Google proves me right in my assumptions.

I disagree tbqh

Will reddit ever recover from this?
BTFO
T
F
O

REEEEEE WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL STUSSY
HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT

beats having him marry Nikki only for her to divorce him after 15 years for no good reason

TODAY I HURT MYSELF

>all these BrBa plebs

The absolute fucking state of this board

TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL
we're probably getting raided by reddit's Sup Forums

the idea that Vince might finally turn Jimmy into Saul in this season terrifies me
after that there's nothing to watch unless they dedicate the whole show to his life as Gene

BCS of course.

BrBa is literally plebbit-tier and is slow and boring. Whereas BCS is a fun grounded TV show and Bob Odenkirk is a god tier actor.

He's not bad looking. He has a good jaw line.

BB is objectively better if only on acting talent alone. I love Bob Odenkirk but he is no Cranston. He's primarily a comedic actor, not a dramatic one. That said he's played the role very well.

Also all these memes from BB showing up like a rollcall is really tiresome, definitely making the show more and more a pale imitation of BB.

>BrBa is literally plebbit-tier and is slow and boring.

It's a bald guy redecorates his living room and sits there watching it dry episode.

>JESSE LET'S COOK
>YO, SCIENCE, BITCH!!!
>I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS AND I'M THE DANGER

Literally the entire Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad is reddit incarnate.
>I fucking luv science XD XD

I agree, but at least its better than watching someone perform manual labor.

It's not to be honest. Besides BCS is the most grounded law tv show out there.

>Besides BCS is the most grounded law tv show out there.
This is true. I can't imagine a show that would make me want to be a lawyer less.

Zero flash and glamor, it's like Boston Legal in reverse.

Breaking ur Mum m8

Well I'm a lawyerfag IRL and that's how it works. Maybe except for forging shit but all that bullshit selling and talk is correct at least that's how I do it.

Manual labor are the only good Mike scenes

Why did they love that old geezer's card game so much? Is there even good money in bridge?

No one is going to give an honest answer to this because they're looking back at Breaking Bad while Saul is still fresh. I rewatched BB last year before the second season and honestly it was a lot weaker than I remembered. The second season especially was god awful and meandering. The shows are moving at about the same pace but the characters in Saul are more interesting. I'd have to agree that they really need to pick things up and get going. Bob and John aren't getting any younger.

Breaking Bad is far better so far.
But Better call Saul is still better than most TV shows

Reddit call saul

This, bcs is a snoozefest.

i loved that episode of Saul where Mike had Kidney stones for 35 minutes

Better Break Saul
Bad Call Saul

Better Call Saul is slightly less popular than Breaking Bad so I feel more comfortable and elite saying that as an answer. Also there are less violent scenes so that means it is more mature.

Better Call Saul. At least in its current iteration. Once it starts to go full Breaking Bad, which it'll eventually do, I may find myself losing interest.

Better Call Saul because it's like Breaking Bad before they decided to turn into Sup Forumseddit meme hustling reddit pander groupthink trash(everything during and after the last season with gus)

>Better Call Saul
>a show with character progression, great cinematogrophy and well thought out concepts that relies on an organic advancement of the story rather than having it crammed down your throat at 100 miles per hour

>Breaking Bad
>i am le danger
>jesse we need to cook
>DAE skylar? Lol dumb slut
>los pollos hermanos
>lol look at me hector
>walt was bad all along lol

THIS BOARD IS FUCKING TAINTED WITH REDDIT FUCKING LEAVE REEEEEEEEE

Nah quit being an underaged faggot. Watching foreign films is trying too hard.

>knowing what's characteristic of reddit
Go back

__ ____ __ ______

Better Call Saul is the show for adults
Breaking Bad is for edgy teens who need copious amounts of exposition

Breaking Bad, but BCS is surprisingly good for a prequel.

gbtr?