twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HI OP

is this almost where kimiyo has a brief run in the skwad

twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/743297603798851585

twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/743278098137784320

this cover is so weird for Suicide Squad

this is almost a Gene Wolfe title; I wouldn't put that past Ostrander at all

Dr. Light is looking pretty uguu~~

I don't understand the hype either, and it's not because I don't do DC. I'm pulling stuff, Rebirth just doesn't have any wow-factor the way DCYou did.

I'm glad, of course.

delicious

I hope it's like this for a lot more LCSes

I want CW2 to get fucked in the ass hard

He'll be the first to admit that he has idiosyncratic numbers etc., but still ONE CAN HOPE that event fatigue is real

also, his comments about Marvel being shit to deal with on the retailer side

I'm going to assume it was Batman

Damn. I expected Batman and the main Rebirth issue to do well, but to see the whole line go gangbusters? That's crazy.

Light looks weird, but I'm instantly into Toon Waller.

>Rebirth just doesn't have any wow-factor the way DCYou did.
No one brought them.

Those of us in these storytime threads and on Sup Forums in general loved DC You, but yeah they sold like shit everywhere else.

The real question we can take bets on with respect to Marvel is: who gets reverted and when, where it comes to 'classic' characters in roles.

I need to find where I put the betting pool doc since I cleaned my desktop off, scheisse

>but yeah they sold like shit everywhere else
RIP

>Rebirth just doesn't have any wow-factor the way DCYou did.
Lotta people would disagree with you
Even just Ollie and Dinah meeting and fucking is enough for people to buy it, even if it were shit

He already referenced C.S. Lewis.

Rape time?
Rape time.

>who gets reverted and when, where it comes to 'classic' characters in roles.

maybe more classic teams but a lot of the classic characters are around. Hydra Cap and Thor are maybe the exceptions and SamCap but Tony, Vision and Wanda, Peter Parker.... tho we are losing hulk and hawkeye

yknow really it's a Bendis test

Wolfe's more obscure than Lewis; way better writer, too. But he did go for mid-level obscure Lewis, at least

I've seen some people who I don't think quite got how much appeal Ollie/Dinah has even for people who aren't oldfans

I know it does, but I can't imagine ever reading those bulletpoints and saying "this is why I will buy this comic." Otto's really strong, but Percy doesn't engage me.

More or less the same way I could shrug my shoulders off Team Briefs refusing to read good stories because they're upset about costumes. I show up for the stories, is all.

I've finally started to see some Rhodey pushback

Offtopic but I've been looking at the reviews on facebook and there's this one guy who's been commenting on all of them saying how the new book sucks and they should have used Connor Hawke instead. Like literally every review he has a comment saying that the new GA should have been Connor Hawke

What is Dr Light's favorite food?
Grapes

Lol, bless his heart, that's a ship that's been sailed for a long, long time

Man this issue is a reaction image goldmine.

>Connorfags
Those exist?

While I'm all for Connor getting attention, GA is Ollie, plain and simple.

Since Conner is white about a third of the time, this run could be a Conner run if you have bad eyesight.

Weird Connor never took off. liked every 90s legacy

Cass
Wally 85
Linda
Kyle

There is no character who is unloved.

Rebirth going well in its first 3 weeks is expected isn't it I mean even the New 52 took over at the beginning.

it is when the drops start happening is when everything falls apart.

Harper Row

Does anyone besides Slott even like Alpha?

Off topic but I was at a company seminar today, and it was the first time one of these retail companies flat out told us to scam people, no beating around the bush. I found it pretty funny.

Marvel has been treating customers like they're idiot cattle, I'm glad it's getting thrown back in their faces with this and the post Secret Wars relaunch. People aren't going to just eat up renumberings and movie cash grabs when they're this transparent.

Civil War II might as well say "these chumps will buy anything" on the front cover.

It didn't have to take off like this, I think. There was room for this to go quite badly wrong - so a strong fan response is nice.

I wanted to like Connor but he always bored me, Ollie was way more vibrant

There are definitely Harperfags

Connor was such a Chuck Dixon character even if technically Puckett created him, and like many Dixon things, he didn't seem to last without Chuck at the helm.

>GA is Ollie, plain and simple.
Agreed

Yeah and DC has most of the big sellers in June so July and August won't be as impressive
Like I'm expecting DC to take like 8 or 9 spots on the top 10 in June

I'm wondering how low sales will go since double shipping months usually have lower sales

Someone out there is a fan, anons.

these faces are WONDERFUL

With a side of rapeseed

>Chuck at the helm.
Steph lasted

Jesus christ Waller, you're melting.

Problem was only people who were already reading DC were into DC You, it wasn't drawing new readers like they hoped, and some of the more... I'll say "traditional" comic customers were alienated by the changes.

I remember Dixon saying something like nobody but him could write Stephanie right so he would disagree with you there

Steph got treated pretty badly for quite a while, though, right? Like, drill to the head and shit?

>Wolfe's more obscure than Lewis; way better writer, too

Wasn't impressed by what I read of Book of The New Sun

>Comically incompetent light

I can dig, beats Mr Rapeman

Oh war games.

Except Geoforce

Murdered to set an example (the reasoning at print was that Leslie would do whatever it took to show Bats kid sidekicks were a bad idea), dead for a few years until they finally lolnope'd.

that last panel is a perfect reaction image

Wolfe is pretty good IMO. OP is referencing The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories and Other Stories, give that a shot.

BotNS is...tough in spots, there's parts I still don't get, but so many of the individual passages are wonderful and there's one of those So Very Wolfe things where you hit a revelation at the end that makes you realize you have to completely reframe how you read the entire book.

There really isn't any way for Connor to come back right now, is there?

Are you kidding me? The Geo-Force meme was started by his one fan in the world

Hello Storyteller.

I need to fix my sleep schedule.

>The Devil vs Mrs. Waller
My money's on Amanda.

We will see if after people are able to take books off pull lists and the hype of a launch

I remember it was #3 or #4 of the Nu52 most books took like 50% hits and then went under their pre-Nu52 numbers.

I am glad they are doing well, well kinda I don't really care because I am getting the perfect superhero comics I want from other places right now so I don't need DC for anything and I kinda find the whole thing really crass.

How do you know I'm not the Geofroce fan?

no dude it was always ironic

Pull him from an AU, and/or pull a Future Trunks. EZPZ.

Do we have a canon age on Ollie?

Connor was really only doable because Grell let Ollie get well into his 30s. And now Babsgirl is 21, right? I can never quite get into this version of her and Dinah being so close, as opposed to Canary/Oracle working so well.

Nothing about Rebirth has blown me out of the water so far, sure. I'm kinda looking forward to Ostrander's one-shot, and to Mother Panic and Shade the Changing Girl from Young Animal.

In one of Percy's pre-Rebirth issues Ollie said he was 25

Nothing has made me go WOW, but very little has made me go WOW in the past few years either, so I'll take "genially readable" over "fucking trashfire". On the positive end of the Jurgens Scale.

That name is still funny to me because of the Seinen Magazine in Japan that has it.

>AU
CONVERGENCE
O
N
N
O
R
WHEN
H
E
N

It's really fucking weird now that I'm older than superheroes that I grew up reading about.

lol

superman books holding strong as demonstration of the Jurgens Scale

Hey man, March Comes in Like a Lion and DMC.

Jokers Daughter

Fitting, since Jurgens is most famous for being a Superman man.

But I am patient. I'm willing to sit and see the currents drift in a direction I'm more into, and then hope something aligned with those can be brought into being where it wasn't possible before (e.g. readable JSA)

Coincidentally, Jurgens is Jurgening at the the top of his game right now with Lois & Clark and now Action Comics. I've been impressed with both despite despite thinking they were gonna be boring, nostalgia pandering crap.

Sometimes on /tg/ I post recommendations for nonexistent obscure games that I make up in my head. This feels like that. I love that Geo-Force user though. It's fine to just like a character.

Orlando, Yang, and Jimenez better bring it on their titles cause poor Supes is comfortable with mediocrity

>Did you ever waltz with the Bogeyman on a hot sticky night?

How old was Ollie at the beginning of new 52.

and Berserk it is a good magazine for that stuff.

Oh fuck off, Superman was good and way better than Batman
>delusional Kingfags will defend his weakest work to date

Everyone has a fan somewhere, I promise you.

Sometimes I think of that time I saw a guy tweet at Robinson about Earth 2 who was upset about Terry Sloane being a villain because Terry Sloane Mr. Terrific was his favorite character

OH BOY, TIME FOR BEST LIGHT

go shitpost somewhere else, nobody mentioned Batman.

Bless his heart.

It's this feeling that got Miller to write Dark Knight Returns when he turned 29 and realized he'd soon be older than Batman.

wait is the punch that ostrander uses in Suicide Squad the teen titans villain?

Let's take it as a good omen.

That face could have come right out of an old "SLAP A JAP" WWII propaganda poster.

nu52 made everyone's age goofy. like 23 year old wonder woman

>29 is old
haha just fucking kill me

and finch drew her turner-18

Good thing DKIII exists or else Miller might actually live longer than Batman did in DKR.

H-he IS going to, isn't he?