HEEEEEECTOOOOOOOORRR!

HEEEEEEC-TOOOOOORRRRR!

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!UxUCmKJQ!D_yBYS5jfGkp6B75BH9FOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes?

May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds

no one was actually rooting for achilles, right?

Beyond the beaches of troy is immortality. Go take it, it's yours.

if he didnt want to die, he shouldn't have killed his brother. what a freaking moron

I was rooting for Hector, but the Troyans absurd faith in omens and gods made their defeat well-deserved. You just can't go full retard like that.

>Troyans absurd faith in omens and gods made their defeat well-deserved
the greek gods exist in the iliad and the only omen that counts is to fight for your fatherland

WHAAAAAAATTT!!!!!!!.....we're busy

Achilles is an actual demigod in the iliad so not rooting for him is sort of a lost cause, but I don't think you're supposed to really pick a side between either during the fight.

>2011
>not supporting Achilles
>ishygddt

I really disliked him, but I couldn't really root for the side that caused a war by cucking a king for a quick pusy. I suppose I rooted for Sean Bean.

Must suck to see your strong son die while the limp wristed fuckboy lives on.

Or use his brain and fire thousands of arrows at Achilles rather than risking everything in hand to hand combat.

Iliad =/= Troy (2004). Two completely different things. In the context of the movie and its narrative/the way the characters acted etc, is what I meant with my comment.

Seize tongue or see it forever removed in the mines, you Greek fuck!

>I suppose I rooted for Sean Bean.
Yeah, Odysseus was /our guy/

>Still no Odyssey starring Sean Bean

well he still needs 7 more years to be back, duh.

Someone got that screencap from Sup Forums where someone would dress up as Achilles and scream HECTOR HECTOR outside of his house?

TORRETOOOO

I got so fucking hyped watching this scene in the theatre as a kid. Chills, literally.

Btw, if real Troyans got the chance of engaging such warrior as Achilles while he casually showed up on their doorstep, they'd shoot him the minute. So that scene was weird; also, beach scene. The movie was quite messy.
James Horner (RIP) soundtrack was amazing, though.

Should one consider reading Illiad? Heard its a hard read.

>Troyans

What is this?

It's a very easy read. Not a native here and I read it in English easily. And yes you should read it and after that read the odyssey

When in doubt, get the audiobook

Americans

Odyssey is better.

Troyans were people from Dardania (west coast modern Turkey)

What? What do want?

>Troyan

>EnglishEdit

>NounEdit

>Troyan(pluralTroyans)

>Obsolete form ofTrojan.(native or inhabitant of ancient Troy)

Here in Italy we have to study Iliad and Odyssea at school, guess we are pretty lucky, since they are both amazing

No it's not

i was

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>gets btfo in melee combat
>needs his brother to back him up in what was supposed to a 1v1
>uses a bow exclusively for the rest of the movie

How did such a man cuck Menelaus?

It's basically an ancient version of dragon ball z.

Cus he was fat, old, and probably had a small weiner

If you catch up with the Iliad you'll have a hard time not picking up on what a similarly feeble cuck Menelaus is. God that's an excruciating scene from the movie though.

>ow my ankle

Because classy women don't care about brute warriors.

how did Hector cope with having to be one of the only star players on the Trojan side and constantly besieged by Achaean "heroes"?

I love this movie

FAATHEEEEEEEEEERRRR

Honestly I don't know why some women go for very feminine men. You'd think that a strong and assertive man would be more attractive than a soft and "pretty" man, but in many cases you'd be wrong.

tell me how many of those heroes names are still in use in the west as much as hectors name was

ajax, agamemnon, achillies and of course the big one odysessus, poor lonely hector

This.

BTC

>shoot Achilles with arrows
>win the war
>everyone bitches about 'muh honour' for a bit until they forget.

Hector wasn't honour bound to fight him anyway. He killed his """"cousin"""" fair and square in combat.

>yfw da bears win the superb owl

greeks would still have won, depriving troy of hector was a solid win for them tho, hector was in a total catch 22 he can refuse and destroy his own armies morale or fight and lose and deprive them of their best general, he's fucked either way

Especially since the pussy son caused his brother's death

Why would their army lose their morale by killing the greatest Greek warrior who stupidly walk up alone to within arrow show of their walls?

It's not like they have any other choice but to fight anyway, they need to either fight of be killed

in the film, not the legend, in the film hector is literally the only smart guy behind the wall, priam is going nuts paris is a pussy and old general is old, the entire army/city look to him they think he is equal to achillies, by not fighting he admits that achillies is better and rumors of cowardice pop up, and that sucks for morale

Nah reading is for nerds watch some kino

>a woman had a chance to have 2 kingdoms literally go to war over her.
>Dead men everywhere
>blood flowing like rivers
>"heros" fighting to the death
>Attention whoring to the point of "launching a 1000 ships" for her
>all she had to do was bend over for some pretty boy faggot
Yeah, I wonder why she went for him.

>Not naming your firstborn Diomedes.
Why are you a pleb, user?

One gets over the prose varrier very quickly, you're going to end up loving it if you like reading in the first place.

That movie could have been so good if the visual design wasn't so fucking ugly and they had included the entire god plots as well.

You understand Helen was just an excuse to invade Troy, which had a very good geographic position

Troy & The Iliad are both set before a time when concepts of nationality were as established as they are today.

Troy was a seat of power in a region, and the "greeks" were an allegiance of tribes from the area that would become Greece a long time afterwards.

No.

>pusy
ridiculously based

The soundtrack is schizophrenic as hell. You get the same triumphant music for both sides turning the tide of battles and driving the other back.

He didn't have long to write it though iirc, so fair play. The original score was apparently awful.

Not everyone shares your preference in men.

Not a hard read at all. It's not very long either, you could probably knock it out in a day or two.

Just get a good translation. I've myself quite enjoyed the Fagles one, here's some epubs with his translations of both the Iliad and the Odyssey.

mega.nz/#F!UxUCmKJQ!D_yBYS5jfGkp6B75BH9FOg

also yeah , but both are still incredibly influential and really fucking amazing cornerstones of western civilization. Absolutely read both of them.

>Like the generations of leaves, the lives of mortal men.
>Now the wind scatters the old leaves across the earth,
>now the living timber bursts with the new buds
>and spring comes round again. And so with men:
>as one generation comes to life, another dies away.

>>Not naming your firstborn Mary Sue.

Diomedes was a guest-starring faggot from his own dumb epic franchise.

VA EL BALON

PERO CON LA AGUJA

The Iliad isn't in the top 10 of the NYT because the world is full of prosefags.

the question was why would she go for a weak pretty boy in the first place.

you realize that story is about a poetryfaggot stabbing a prosefag cause they didn't get along, right?

Athena was.

Funny how Hector is an even bigger coward in Homer's poem, literally running away from Achilles for days

You can't get along with a prosefag because he has a shit taste in literature.

I will cut out you're eyes, tongue and ears. You will walk the underworld blind, deaf and dumb. And all will know "This is Hector. The fool who THOUGHT he killed Achilles."

I don't even know exactly what the fuck kino means, but if that line sn't it.. fuck kino.

i'd stab you irl poetryfag, I really would

fight me IRL, bro. I'm already writing a poem in white verse to read in your funeral, faget.

I've got an epic tale all written up and ready for the publishers, should make a packet, stay made poemfag

Hector deserved it he killed his boyfriend