BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

cause fuck meritocracy

donald trump is a fucking IDIOT

Maybe Bill should take a look at the disparity between men and women when it comes to spatial reasoning and logic.

"As long as this agenda is not somehow forced up my anus,
I don't mind"
-My dad

SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! SHILL!

He's not wrong but he's not right either.

I'm fine with that as long as females are going to match the numbers of their male peers rather than take their jobs due to affirmative action.

Then tell them that. We ain't stopping them.

I'm not sure if there's specific fallacy for this, but it resembles the fallacy of division, saying that what is true of the whole must be true of the parts.

Why?
What benefit would society have in regards to that?

whatever man. theres no problem with instilling positive confidence in girls..

this is hoenstly an example of good encouragement. only a woman or /r9k/ user would twist this into some shill saying that literally 50% should be scientists..

because that jsut aint gunna happen.. motherhood gets in the way.

>we want to
who is "we" here, faggot? god, i hate these liberal atheist """scientists"""
also
>girl scientists

(Holding a medical replica vagina model) Bill: Women have a vagina and that means their opinions count more than yours. (Points at different parts of the model with a pointer stick)

(Announcer) VAGINAvaginaVaginaVAGINAvagina

>Half of the humans are girls and women, so we want half of the prisoners to be girls and women.
>and coal miners
>and janitors
>and school dropouts
>and the homeless
>and workplace fatalities

Oh wait I forgot, feminism is about equality so we're only allowed to care about making women's lives even easier.

This sexist piece of shit, STOP TELLING WOMEN WHAT TO DO

Where are calls to make half of men school teachers and nurses?

*half of school teachers and nurses men

lets make half the mothers men as well!

Bill Nye the SJW Guy

nobody gives a fuck about what you want Bill.

If they earned the right the be a Engineer or scientist by merit and not by their sex then good for them. If you think think they should be engineers or scientists simply because a large percentage dont choose to be then you can fuck off.

He has a BS from Cornell. He's not stupid but he's an engineer not a scientist.

half of all bill nyes should be gassed

Funnily enough, womyns make up ONLY 47% of the world population, there is on avg 106 men for every 100 womyn. Check mate!

>half the humans are girls and women, so we want half the workplace deaths to be women

He's right, and Bill is a big advocate for education, I love him for that

The problem is they just don't continue in the sciences or engineering as they grow older

They should , but they don't

Blacks are 13% of the population, so we want them to only commit 13% of crimes.

Works both ways, Bill.

At my university, the only engineering course that is more than about 15% women is "environmental" """""engineering""""".

No maths beyond the first year, nothing more than basic linear algebra and high school tier calculus. Then it's all essay writing and talking about your emotions and volunteering with brown people to help them build wells.

I figure, the fewer women there are in any given discipline, the more serious the discipline. Right now I'm doing post-graduate structural engineering research and there are about 4-5 women out of around 100, and they are all Iranian/Chinese.

and more than half of women don't care about those career paths, at all.

I'l never understand this "let's sacrifice our pool of the best to suit some retarded ideological stance based quota for no gain whatsoever", especially from the fucking science community.

Well, over here in the Netherlands, the amount of guys and girls in the beta subjects is equalizing.

It is working. You just gotta start all the way in primary school and keep going through secondary school.

And we all know how shitty American primary and secondary education is.

The most destructive part of this kind of thinking is the degree of which it will fail, but the left will push even harder to achieve an ultimately unachievable goal (unless they literally will FORCE women to become scientists).

Women naturally don't find science and compelling and interesting as men, this is supported by basic evidence, so why do people like this still strive for such a ludicrous idea?

There are more women than men on this planet and that has to be the most retarded statement I've ever seen.

No wonder NASA didn't want him as an astronaut.

>Cornell
>The safety school for those rejected out of actual Ivy League schools

BILL NYE THE KEKOLDS GUY BILL NYE THE KEKOLDS GYE BILL BILL BILL

Half the humans are boys and men so we want half the mothers to be boys and men.

Also, there is an interesting study about how women in advanced 1st world countries are less likely to go into STEM fields than those from 3rd world countries.

Given all the freedom and choices, women (I think it was in Norway) chose to go into nursing and childcare at increasing rates. Totally baffled the researchers, but it comes down to women being more free to choose to pursue careers that they feel most naturally inclined towards. Whereas in 3rd world countries, they are pushed towards high paying well-respected jobs.

The most destructive part of this kind of thinking is the degree of which it will fail, but the left will push even harder to achieve an ultimately unachievable goal (unless they literally will FORCE women to become scientists).

Women naturally don't find science as compelling and interesting as men, this is supported by basic evidence, so why do people like this still strive for such a ludicrous idea?

Exactly

He's just trying to teach kids
It's fucking Bill Nye, everyone shitting him are Minecraft idiots that didn't grow up with him

And that's encouraging

Because at the end of the day, he's right, we need more scientists and engineers

SHILL NYE, THE MARXIST GUY!
(diversity is a property of immigration)
SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! SHILL!
SHILL NYE, THE MARXIST GUY!

Wouldn't want him to be the Science Guy, now would we....

Only a shill would think he said exactly what he said? You're a dumbass. He directly said he wants 50% of the scientists to be female.

>study mechanical engineering
>

Half the garbage men and coal minors too? Fair is fair. And men should be half the nurses and school teachers too.

He's the science guy, not a scientist.

>that means we have to beat the Fuck down out of white male children now so that only the good ones we want have a shot at life

>SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! SHILL!

What if women don't want to be half the scientists and engineers?

All this 'diversity" and "inclusiveness" and nobody even bothered to fucking ask the women what they want?

Explain this Bill

So because half the world is women, half the engineers and scientists should be women? Why? What about choosing the most qualified candidates, men or women? What if 90% or more of those qualified candidates are men? You'll actually sacrifice quality and solid work for literally just vaginas, Bill? If so, you're actually slowing the process of mankind's advancement. Seriously, you're a detriment to the progress of mankind in the fields of engineering and science. Get your head out of your ass.

Let people like Bill Nye serve as proof that just because you might be experienced in the realm of engineering/science, that it does NOT equate to you being logical.

Ever heard of forced labor dumbass? What are you some kind of sexist?

He's not saying incompetent women should be let in at the expense of men. He's trying to motivate the girls that have the capabilities to be competent to enter a STEM field instead of something else.

Well I'm trying to convince them to take their clothes off. Stop the cockblock Bill.

One more time user, I didn't quite get that

That's stupid as fuck.

I recommend you ignore bin posts, most people here do.

Unless on your side it's still there?

The same "argument" can be made for

> Sewage pipe cleaning
> Coal mining
> Roofing
> Asphalting
> Pest control
> High wire maintenance
> Every other dirty, difficult, dangerous and effectively civilization carrying occupation

but somehow I NEVER see feminists demonstrating next to the exclusively guys who breathe what is basically poison, while repairing the high way on the hottest day in summer.

Thats not how shilling works, leaf.

This thread is about Bill Nye.

Why only engineers? Nursing is a very vital profession, and pays very well, yet 90% of nurses are women.

Why don't we want half of all nurses to be men? When will we change our hiring practices to remedy this problematic issue?

Wouldn't you want ALL the engineers to be smart people, instead of either sexes?

This fucking thing where we are to force certain jobs or institutions to take in either gender is fucking retarded. But we already know this.

You guys are cool.

>men are four times more likely to commit suicide, we want to reduce the number of male suicides
oh wait

The problem is: pick up any engineering course. Any. At the best case, the proportion male to female will be 3:1. But at the best case. Most likely it would be 8:1. So, how the fuck can we have half the scientist's and engineers to be woma? Aren't you supposed to be an engineer bill and do simple math?

Yes, by encouraging them to get into it, not by filling quotas.

There is no such thing as gender fucboi

Ok, fair enough, but then why not enter something else? Why enter a STEM field if they don't want to, even if they have the capacity to do it well? They should do it just because they're women and they can?

What percentage of engineers should be trans?

>male or female
>genders

How can people on twitter be so uneducated?

no he's a communist, trying to subvert america. Presumably with dosh from soros

I mean, I get he's trying to help women into the field, but why? Who really cares if there's more men than women? Does that bother anyone? If it does, isn't that ironically the sexist part?

There can't be trans when we're talking about the biological sex. Either way, trans are generally retarted and can't be engineer's

And half of the brick layers to be girls and women.
And half of the grunts to be girls and women
And half of the lumber jacks to be girls and women
And half of the sewage workers to be girls and women.
And half of the garbage collectors to be girls and women.
And half of the orange pickers to be mexican girls and women.

Enjoy your equality.

No they shouldn't. It's their choice idiot.

Leftists believe this though. Everything past 13% is racism.

God damn it Bill just die or make your fucking TV show again.

God nerds piss me off and I am one.

>bs

wow it's fucking nothing, he can't even teach at college.

women in general are less intellectually equipped for these fields.
Parity would imply the loss of more capable candidates

Half the humans are female, so half of all plumbers should be female.

If this is true we need fights and duels back.

I hope you are enriching those Iranian/Chinese hos

>tfw I'm as qualified as Bill
Actually scratch that, more qualified since my education is extremely recent. I doubt he can do literally any actual engineering anymore.

He's completely wrong. He wants to defeat meritocracy and introduce social engineering. Rather than, yknow, be scientific, and recognise that there are biological differences between men and women.

>Because at the end of the day, he's right, we need more scientists and engineers

do we? I'd say we have a shortage of tradesmen right now

Kek lets just start forcing women into these fields they have no interest in.

>Implying they legitimately think there's any other way

>if girls don't go into sciences because they want to we should force them to

No

You must believe science when it comes to global worming. But reject science when it comes to the biological facts of gender and sex.

>bill nye the AIDS guy.

What would that change? In what way would it be better to have a 50/50 split of genders in a specific work field?

Well if you're autistic I can see why you might grasp that from the quote.

Maybe Bill Nye should be replaced by a female version then, you know, so young girls have more female role models?

nah it's mot from the quote, it's from seeing it actually in practice though

True liberalism is dead

>Yes, by encouraging them to get into it,
Nigger we've been doing this for years. Women simply are not as interested in STEM as men are. The only way to accomplish that 50% figure is either forcing women into STEM degrees, or forcing men out of them. Both are tyrannical.

>a fucking leaf
kill yourself

Intellectualism doesn't make you smart

Msc here
>Bill never had to write a thesis
It's a funny kind of feel

But women never will achieve as much in science through their own talent. The higher someone's testosterone levels, the greater interest they have in understanding systems, which is basically what science is all about. And men produce twenty times the amount of testosterone as women. They just can't compete. Just like women can't compete in the men's Olympic 100 metres.

Equality of opportunity > Equality of outcome

Fuck the left.

This. He needs to step down as meme scientist and let an empowered womyn take up the bowtie.

There's like ten meme scientists and most of them are men. Neil deGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku can stay because diversity.