What's Sup Forums's honest opinion of him?

What's Sup Forums's honest opinion of him?

he had the balls to end his show when he was done with it so he's aight in my book

Quack!

He dropped a seriously QT3.14 that loved his work because he thought he was too popular to have a pleb for a girlfriend

That's some serious hubris

>when he was done
Not really.
There was lots of loose ends.
He ended it because it was expensive and unless you make megamillions, you get cancelled

he's a gun grabbing, homo-loving, illegal immigration supporting, #ImWithHer aligned jewish liberal hack manlet who alienated his entire staff and bungled a promising cartoon because disney wouldnt bend over backwards for him.

i hope his next cartoon is a flop. i hope he kills himself.

This is a honest opinion thread, not a strawman opinion thread.

He's got petty family issues he won't resolve in person, and so he projects onto his fictional characters instead.

Faggot who had the potential to create a sweeping, Wagnerian epic and ended up producing fart noises in a bathtub.

>wasting 2/3rd of the series on your stupid unrequited Lauren Faust crush
>not giving us three seasons and ending with Dipper heroically slaying Bill and saving mankind after which him and Candy hold hands and walk off into the sunset together
>also Mabel dies of a debilitating brain aneurysm

he's at it again, and this time the "white guy" part isnt even shooped.

why does this liberal puke hate white people so much?

Except that he ended his show because showbiz was hard and exhausting, not because he was finished. Which can be obvious to tell with how out of the large cast of characters, only one (debatably two) got character development, important questions weren't answered (and still probably won't in the Journal), mysteries that were set up fell flat with a shrug, and the pacing in the second season being noticeably rushed and all over the place.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the homogeneous nature of blockbuster videogames.

Sup Forums takes a shit on him, but they will rush to see his next show either way, even if to just see if it's shit or not.

That being said, ending felt rush, he definitely wanted an out.

He seems like a great nice guy despite some annoying views.

He made a overall great but flawed series and is one of the best original Disney series in awhile

7.5/10

He was just pointing out that every protagonist looks the same in those games, don't make this a political thing

I'm going to believe you, I've never watched the show myself I just know it ended and in western cartoons that's fucking rare

>i hope he kills himself.
why haven't you done the deed yourself?

Privileged people like to look down on other privileged people like they ever had a hard time in their life. Instead of, you know, producing content that could change this or doing things to affect the outside world, but nah. It definitely helps to take potshots on the internet of all places. That's where it really matters!

Didn't old Sup Forums have a image with a TON of 'Western Character Design' choices on it? Basically saying EXACTLY this?

I want Neo-Sup Forums and Sup Forums to leave.

How do you mistake Adam Jensen for the other two? He is a cyborg.

I liked it when Frank West looked like Dan Aykroyd

Better ending:

>Bill makes a deal - he will return to his own dimension and humankind is spared, but he must take Mabel as a sacrificial offering
>he warns Dipper that giving up his only sister will he a difficult decision and he must think it over long and careful...oh wait, that was real hard
>Bill takes Mabel back to his own dimension and keeps her as a sex slave for the rest of eternity

Which is funny because the majority of people in his show were white. With the token friends and everything too. Why didn't YOU add diversity in your show Alex?

A person I know nothing about, other than that he made a very good cartoon series.

Screw you guys. I actually thought the ending was perfect

Even better ending:

>Bill kills everyone on the wheel with the exception of Ford, who's solid gold from the neck down, and Dipper, who's chained up in his Sock Opera suit.
>Bill then forces Ford to watch as his nephew is molested repeatedly.
>Dipper toughs through it believing that eventually a way to defeat Bill will become present.
>Bill then takes over the world and dimension while keeping Dipper and Ford as slaves.

>The End.

Why does Sup Forums suddenly have a hateboner for Mabel.

Here, let me fix that for you.
>takes Mabel to an alternate dimension where he attempts to court and mold Mabel in to a model cultist over the course of many many dates n wild adventures

It was, but complainers are always endlessly vocal.

But I take it he has no problem with the grizzled black guy that EA made the face of a WW1 game for some reason?
He really needs to get off Twitter, it's lime every other tweet he sends makes me hate him even more.

Why not? She's a complete jerkass through the entire series and gets away with it because the resident braintrust is a cuck nu male who believes girls can do no wrong.

I'll say what I said last time. Why do you guys think that that heavily flawed ending was perfect?

Cry more emo kid. People disagree with you. Get over it.

i dont have access to an electron microscope.

Ending could have been worse.

The ending was kind of weaksauce especially after all the ultra-edgy fanfics I read where Bill has raped and murdered thousands.

Same should be said to you. The ending wasn't perfect and the story was barely even told. The sooner you except this, the sooner I can stop saying the same shit over and over again.

go to bed manzi

>suddenly
It was a slow build but it ended totally justifiable.
She was always the "quirky one who didn't take anything serious when they fucking should".
That's annoying enough.

But when she pitches a bitch fit when Dipper chooses to go with Ford rather than stay with her, that was too damned far.
If she cared at all about Dipper, she'd have let him go. Adventuring with Ford was literally his dream come true.

And then there was the time where she had the world ending MacGuffin and traded it to not-Satan so that she could have more fun.

Selfish through and through.
And never got any sort of consequences for it.

Nah, it was great.

>Bill taking Dipper as his pet sex slave

OFFICIAL GRAVITY FALLS SHIPS POWER RANKING

1. DipperxCandy
2. DipperxNMM Pacifica
3. RobbiexMabel
4. DipperxWendy
5. MabelxWaddles
6. SoosxDipper
7. DipperxPacifica in other episodes
9001. Pinecest
9000000000000000000000000000000000000000002. BillxFord and other retarded ships
9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003. Grenda paired with anything

The ending was weak and not because it lacked edginess, but because we've seen Bill be so much more threatening.
Like when he first started his invasion, he was scary as fuck.

But once he gets his upgrade and shit, he attacks people by physically assaulting them.
Like you could avoid him by running fast enough.
That's lame.

Candy has zero personality and can barely speak.
Pacifica much better ship
Everyone knows this.

He's a cuck.

Alex is literally as much of a nu male kek as that guy who used to run Sup Forums...I forget his name. You know who I'm talking about. He dated the Tumblr bitch...

>Billford so low

Shit taste man that was practically canon.

I miss the daily Mabel breakfast threads.

He's alright, don't agree with everything he says but I still like him. Not sure why people keep making threads about him though, his drama level is pretty low and it's not like he's currently got anything out.

Then tell what was great about it.

>he had the balls to end his show when he got tired so he rushed the ending, ruining his original plan
FTFY.

I'm not sold on the idea of him developing a show on Fox. Yeah he has more outlet there for adult content than Disney, but Fox for whatever autistic reason won't greenlight anything that doesn't conform to the Simpsons/Family Guy format.

Why? there is a lot of reasons of why the ending is shit.
Why is great to you?

He's a dude with good ideas, a lot of talent and potential but absolute shit work ethic and talks too much shit he can't back up.

He comes up with an amazing story with plenty of potential character development and mystery, burns the fuck out by the end of season 01 because he's arrogant enough to try to do fucking everything himself and has to be cajoled into making just a season 02 when Disney gave him the thumbs up for three seasons total.

Instead of making season 02 as amazing as he could have made it, he gave it his all until half way through the season upon which time he promptly threw the rest of his fucks in the toilet and gave us the inchohrent mess that was season 2B, all the while hyping us up with interviews hinting at a much more deep and complex story line and certain character developments that never fucking happened.

Then he has the balls to whine about how people were hyping themselves up for nothing and how things totally ended exactly as envisioned before finally admitting in a later interview that he just didn't give a shit.

To wit he's an example that aspiring showrunners should aspire NOT to be. All the talent in the world doesn't mean shit if you're not willing to put your all into it from beginning to end and not squander opportunities given to you.

Yes executives and networks can be bs and tiring, but they gave him the thumbs up for multiple seasons and passed on the last one while not even having the grace to try to finish things well to the end when other shows have gotten much worse treatment and would have killed for his chances.

Tl;dr Hirsch a hack

It was exceedingly fun, and incorporated the bulk of their adventure thus far. I'm sorry you aren't able to enjoy it, but it is really your problem that you choose to be unhappy about one of the best shows made in years.

Why is dipper x candy so popular? Never fonished season 2, got about halfway. It sounds cute, cute ships are the only ones I like.

It isnt
That ship is almost dead after NMM

Okay, so you're just a troll. Cool.

He's not wrong, just a dick.

Only if you have shit taste and likes rushed and inchohrent shit.

>Ha-ha fuck all these generic shooters with white guys as the protagonist!
>Oh but who's hyped for the new Zelda game?!?!?

This is the type of shit I would expect from Kate Leth's Twitter.

Bam Margera is Sup Forums now?

It wasn't. They vaguely hinted at it in the shorts and half of one episode, only for that same episode to throw it in the trash can.

That looks nothing like Bam Margera.

Different user here

I agree that the finale is lackluster, it never mentions Blendin again, it has that way to happy ending, Bill was basically fucking useless once he got into the real world, etc.

But it was thrilling to watch, as bad as its flaws are, its still fun to watch. It has decent action, emotional moments, etc.

Could've been worse desu.

I will admit the rock version of the theme song played in the finale is retarded as fuck though

She posted in GFG that's pretty untumblr.

Kind of want to shit on his living brain now.

>But it was thrilling to watch, as bad as its flaws are, its still fun to watch. It has decent action, emotional moments, etc.
And waifus. Especially waifus.

I love Red Green.

If he really didn't want to go political then he should have worded his argument better. But he didn't, he knew exactly what he was saying, which is not enough people of color for him.

I legit started to cry when Stan had his mind erased in the finale to bad it got ruined when it turned out to be a total cop out

Except Zelda at least has a different style? It's not a problem that they're white it's a problem that a lot of them are extremely generic and similar.

It's not even a boner. It is cold, icy malice. No arousal, just a desire to see that character die; whether it is brain painted across a wall, neck broken at the bottom of a gorge, or food poisoning, I just... HATE Mabel.

Also Kristen's vocal performance is kind of weak compared with Bob's Burgers.

Scratch out white guy, and he has a point.

What happened to happy-looking people. Cuphead was the only game i was looking foward to in E3

I think Mabel doesn't really play into her strengths that well.

The point was that Link was white, it's that Zelda's been doing the same fucking thing forever. Nintendo finally catching up to what studios have been doing for years by adding a jump button and an open world doesn't mean it's going to be some revolutionary title in the Zelda franchise.

It's like criticizing shooters for being same ol' same ol' grimfests but then saying, "I can't wait for Pokemon Sun and Moon!!!".

>which is not people of color enough for him
what did he mean by this, Sup Forums?

Because gaming has gotten big enough where people don't want games but rather interactive movies.
Serious shit always sells more

Hirsch is still fag for talking shit about Deus Ex. One of the few revivals that actually fucking worked

>The point WASN'T that Link was white*
Typo.

Also he wouldn't quit ramming his crushes on Lauren Faust and his own sister onto us.

>his own sister onto us.
Yeah, he must realize that by now, right?
Mabel is supposed to be his own sister, but everyone sees how clearly there is some undertext there.
Everyone but him, apparently.

You could say that for literally anything else though. E3 or whoever he's bitching to has a signature. Deal with it.

Reminder that Hirsch dates his storyboard artists because they look like his childhood crush.

Why would he want Faust? She sucks the life out of men. Just look at Craig.

If it was just one little thing he hinted at in 1-2 episodes that would be ok, but when you waste approximately 25% of the show's entire run on Dipper trying to get in Wendy's flannel shirt...yeah.

>he dumped Manzi for her
Bravo, Alex.
Bravo

>E3 or whoever he's bitching to has a signature.
These are all different companies dude.

they both aged together, craig just overworks himself to the point where his eyes start looking kinda crazy.

They both look around the same age to me though.

Is that why Wendy is flat, perfect and has no character? Because she's based on his crush? He really is a fucking hack

There are lots of colorful shooting games. Just because they weren't demonstrated at E3 doesn't mean Alex has a point. Overwatch is one of the biggest shooters around right now and it's just fucking Pixar with guns.

Also he outright said no, Dipper will never get with Wendy she's supposed to be an unachievable love. Which is basically him admitting with resignation that Lauren will never be his.

There are not many games with an elf protag sir.

Didn't Alex allegedly work 16 hour days and sleep in his office which was also filthy and filled with trash and he also went days without taking a bath?

Fucking disgusting.

>Pointy ears negates you being a straight white male.
Yet it didn't stop people from wanting a "female Link".

They dedicate an episode to sink Wendip and then suddenly bring it back because something something.

>But when she pitches a bitch fit when Dipper chooses to go with Ford rather than stay with her, that was too damned far.
>If she cared at all about Dipper, she'd have let him go. Adventuring with Ford was literally his dream come true.

Did you miss the part where she realized that was a mistake and apologized to Dipper for being selfish? Or when Dipper realized that he didn't want to miss out on his family or having a childhood out of his own volition?

I think the difference is that Zelda is one franchise, of course it's going to have similarities. Shooters however are a genre and so have lots of different people and companies behind them but most shooter games don't try anything visually different. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that they're in such a rut.

With a couple of shots I'll fuck him