No Marvel or DC superhero from Earth could defeat him in an armwrestling match

No Marvel or DC superhero from Earth could defeat him in an armwrestling match.

Cartoon powers are the greatest power of all.

truly the grates hero

Nah, Obelix' powers have limits. I think he had to get an extra sip sometimes in order to lift something really heavy. Superman-class characters could do it.
It'd be a fun match though.

Those superheroes, they're crazy I tell you.

tell me more

Obelix. Needs to do something about his weight, but otherwise a good dude.

Didn't they have an army of Superman clones in the comic once?
The one where they were fighting the evil forces of manga, I mean nagma?

Are there any complete english scans of asterix and obelix?

It was them that user realized, he had fucked up.

>I think he had to get an extra sip sometimes in order to lift something really heavy.
I don't remember anything like that in the classic books.
Usually if Obelix thinks he's drinking magic potion it's just them giving him water or something to fool him.

Can't remember if it was in the book, but in the animated version of Asterix and Cleopatra he needed a drop in order to escape from a tomb.

I remember one story where Obelix finally got some more magic potion, and due to weird magic shit it turned him into a baby

In the comic book, Getafix gave him exactly 3 drops so he could smash easily through a pyramid's door.
Though Obelix remarked that the result was not different than what he usually does.

There is no other pair of characters that could have accomplished all of the 12 tasks of Asterix. Prove me wrong

>Run faster than Asbestos, champion of the Olympic Games
>Throw a javelin farther than Verses, the Persian
>Beat Cilindric, the German
>Cross a lake/esist to the Isle of Pleasure
>Survive the hypnotic gaze of Iris, the Egyptian
>Finish a meal by Calorofix, the Belgian
>Survive the Cave of the Beast
>Find Permit A38 in "The Place That Sends You Mad"
>Cross a ravine on an invisible tightrope, over a river full of crocodiles.
>Climb a mountain and answer the Old Man's riddle
>Spend a night on the haunted plains.
>Survive the Colosseum.

>Implying Superman wouldn't wrestle him to a standstill and then use his laser-vision and telescopic sight to fry a boar perfectly, making Obelix lose concentration as his stomach begins to rumble

Holy shit, you're right.
I really should see those new Asterix comics.

Ugly little fuckers.

Yeah that was the example I was thinking of, actually. They have smug looks on their faces, plus as you said it had no effect, so I can't help but assume they were pulling his leg.

>Superman would kill an animal in order to win an arm wrestling competition

Lex for prez 2016

He'd use his superhearing to find an old boar that's about to die from a heart-attack.

Or Batman would kill it so Superman wouldn't have to compromise and thus unravel into another injustice spectacle.

Is Superman even smart enough for all that? I mean, he's got all his crazy science bullshit up in his Fortress, but he never came across as a particularly clever individual.

He's as smart as the writer needs him to be.

One of his recurring villains can only be defeated by tricking him into saying his own name backwards. Another is a mad scientist that built a time machine out of some spare parts in a Prison.

Superman can be a cunning bastard when he needs to be. And very often, he does.

he's not terribly clever but he can think at super speeds, like Action Man
AMP IT UP

That issue was so bad.

Yes manga is evil and needs to be destroyed by the alliance of superior European and American entertainment but still...

Yeah but the quality is so-so.

They cheated on the ravine, they never crossed using the rope

Couldn't The Flash do all of those alone? Speedforce is one hell of an answer to pretty much anything.

Cunning and smarts are two different things though. A fox is Cunning but not smart enough to choose to not be a fox. Street smarts can keep you alive while science smart can kill you because you don't know how to boil an egg

That's "Asterix and Obelix All At Sea". He also turns to stone in that album. Remember kids, don't overdose on magic potion!

How would he reacts to "The Place That Sends You Mad"?
And while I'm at it, to Calorofix the Belgian and to Iris, the Egyptian too.
Not saying he couldn't do those too, but it could be fun to watch.
"The Place That Sends You Mad" could really stop quite its share of superhero though.

>not smart enough to choose to not be a fox

No, but this guy might.

Sounds like a translation of a saying in another language.