Why weren't black women properly represented in this movie?

This film contributed to the erasure of the black female.

harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a9992873/wonder-woman-black-women-erasure/

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/film/nina/simone-zoe-saldana-casting-light-skin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>being this fucking insecure

Fuck do you care what the skin color of a fictional character is? Is having more black Amazonians going to put food on Laqueeshas plate or put Latrevious through college? No bitch, it has no real world significance. Just enjoy the two hour distraction from the real world like the rest of us, god damn.

It never ends...

>black women cant have empathy
>black women cant be strong

??? This article is so blatantly racist. Are liberals this blind?

Friendly reminder that black people played a huge role in WWI, and Sup Forums is currently sponsoring revisionist history to hide that emerging fact.

Wonder Woman contributes to this Sup Forums propaganda by restricting the use of black characters to only the one fictional location in the movie.

> More black women in WW
WHY WASN'T WONDER WOMAN BLACK

> Wonder Woman is Black
WHY WASN'T WONDER WOMAN THIS OTHER BLACK LADY SHE'S BLACKER

muh gravel trucks

doutzen is in this? :3

>WHY WASN'T WONDER WOMAN THIS OTHER BLACK LADY SHE'S BLACKER
Kek the sad part is I can see that happening

>goddammit Diana there must be a thousand enemy troops down there! We'll never win!
>*Gadot looks into the camera*
>Just like Golan Heights
>*guitar riff*

>>Just like Golan Heights
Why not "South Lebanon"?

Holy G_d Patty Jenkins, tone it down.

Because they lost.

>come in to fight racism like a SJW I was
>see your post and laugh
Damn...it's a real good one

It literally has happened already. People were complaining about Zoe Saldana not being black enough to play some role a while back. That's why engaging with these people at all is such a fucking mistake. There is literally nothing you can do that'd ever satisfy them, because ultimately their issues come from deep self-loathing.

I recall reading articles criticising her being green in guardians of the galaxy. They were hiding her "blackness"

Sjws were insufferable but the alt right ruined browsing the Internet.
Why do you people follow sources that trigger you deliberately?

jewish people don't care about representation when Israel is starring, they don't want them in the movie. hollywood is racist as fuck.

why wasn't gal gadot's forehead properly represented in this movie?
this film contributed to the erasure of the jewish female brow.

telegraph.co.uk/film/nina/simone-zoe-saldana-casting-light-skin/

This. They will never stop until they've bullied their way into the lead roles of every film despite only being 12% of the population. The only upside is that it will lead to a film industry crash since the Chinese will stop buying our movies.

>"We want prominent woman roles in media"
>Woman lead
>"But she's white what the hell is that?"
>Nonwhite jew cast
>"That's still white"
>Black woman cast
>"Not black enough, you think we're stupid?"
>Blacker woman cast
>"Straight? How heteronormative"
>Gay Black woman cast
>"Still using biologically gendered people? How disgusting"
>Trans black woman cast
>"Gender is a social construct"

Seriously, where does it end? I coulda've kept going

>isolated Greek island has a bunch of blacks on it
>diversity fetishists still complain because the representation wasn't "proper" enough

>the Chinese will stop buying our movies

This is going to happen anyway, Hollywood has lightening in a bottle.

We hate black people, but not black movies. Like how we hate America but not hamburgers

T.chink

You're pretentious.

I feel like I'm going crazy.

What black movies do Chinks even watch?

I seriously doubt Ching Liu has watched the Friday film series.

how come?

WHERE WERE THE QUEER HANDICAPPED AMAZONIANS??!!?!?!?
FUCKING ABLEIST MOVIE INDUSTRY!!!! REEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE AND THIS IS MY ONLY OUTLET REEEEEEEEEE PLUS I FIND IT EASIER TO MAKE PRETEND FRIENDS THIS WAY BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE TO PUT IN ANY EFFORT!!!!!! EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS, BUT I WILL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE IT IN THIS FUCKING NOMINATIVELY CIS DOMINATED HETEROGENDERED NORMATIVE PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ONLY PLEASE HELP ME >:::(((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE I FOLLOW SOURCES THAT TRIGGER ME ON PURPOSE LMAO

You must have missed the last 5 years of Hollywood productions.

Because you've learned this mindset here and you wouldn't utter any of this shit irl.

Why weren't Eskimo women properly represented in this movie?

You would think that but yeah I actually would

You joke now, but this kind of shit will happen.

That's nice. This sites insufferable now because of people like you regardless.

>Why weren't black women properly represented in this movie?

Aren't they all in the Kangz movie about super niggers?

protip go make your own movie you can put all the sheboons in it you want.

Didn't even read look how triggered you are.

So what they're saying is she can't play a role because of the color of her skin? Hmmmm

Fucking summer.

this is exactly why I hate trump supporters and racists. so childish

This. If your parents still pay for your internet you don't FUCKING BELONG HERE.

Isn't it also childish and racist to criticize a black woman for not being "black enough" for a role?

Plenty of other sites you can got to to advocate social justice my man, welcome to a world of different opinions. You might think that this constant demonizing of people who are trying to pander to you as if it's their fault for not getting every last detail in your fantasy right is perfectly normal. I don't

It's obvious that Hollywood needs to just stop trying to pander to the SJWs.

Zoe Saldana isn't black, she's a dark-skinned latino. She also chooses to date white men exclusively, so she's probably a racist too. Do you think she's a good choice to play Nina Simone? No, of course you don't. It's just Hollywood whitewashing to a different degree.

I'm pretty fucking liberal but even this shit makes me roll my fucking eyes.

The author gets mad the black amazonians are portrayed as strong ffs

That's nice. I've been here since 2012 and feel that I don't want to read your mock political sarcasm on a board about television and film. Leave.

Fucking summer.

I don't see how this board could suffer because of political oriented threads.

Then I don't even know why you're on this thread also stop saying 2012 like it's impressive

buzzword

Blockbusters which black leads are rare, but Rush Hour. People I know love Samuel L Jackson and Morgan Freeman. Rap is pretty popular here too.

So a Latino can't play a black woman but people celebrate when Hermoine is cast as a black woman for that stage play. Basically "fuck whitey"

Television and film

Television and film are more politicized than ever and that's not Sup Forums's doing
>since 2012
cute

Is Latrevious an actual name? I'm not american.

I'm here to say you should leave.

Hermione is a fictional character, you retard. Nina Simone was a real and proud black woman. Not some Dominican/Puerto Rican mutt who's practically white.

>Y'all childish
>Posts weeb reaction image

>The first Black woman we’re introduced to is Diana’s caretaker, a representation which hits the Mammy trope on the head.

But both mother figures in the movie were white?

Jesus, what a piece of shit article. Imagine being so completely self-absorbed you single out a bunch of black extras amidst completely identical background characters and attribute every single one of their actions to latent racism. How do these people manage to even get through life?

likewise, but what would be the point of kicking everyone out if you end up by yourself yelling into a void?

> call someone a Dominican/Puerto Rican mutt who's practically white

Well as long as you're not racist.

>end up by yourself yelling into a void
lefties are nihilist, the void shuit them well

Did they blamed Roman Salute for it?

Then I would go back to talking about television and fucking film

>posts on an anime image forum
>complains about anime
huh

but you are posting in this thread instead, when you could instead open the catalog and hide threads you don't like, or filter specific words

>Expecting black women in a movie that centers around Greek mythology and WWI

I know this is bait and I'm not denying black people contributed to WWI but c'mon, it's fucking WWI, Western Europe was decimated by it

>WW
>Greek mythology

>I didn't watch the movie

>multicultural feminazi with JEWISH accent who were created by the God as best weapon against Alien invasion are Greek Mythology
>t.amerifat

exactly, is greek mithology by americans for americans, sold to the whole world by capitalist jews

WE WUZ GREEX AND SHIET

>zoe saldana isn't black, she's a african descendant born in latin america, therefore she's hispanic

>I'm an Irishman born in Boston, look at me, I wear green and drink booze haha

Americans, ladies and gentleman.

Is that it? Ok

This movie didn't represent us pedophile faggots either. I'm sick of all this loli shit with girls, it's boring. Bois is where it's at, and movies never represent us. Fuck that

Meet the writer.

Which explains everything.

>white people shit to on you for being x and therefore non-white
>other people who are x shit on you for not being x enough

Being multiracial/multicultural is the best way to see what tribalist fuckbags people can be. People talk about being inclusive or racism not ba thing but everyone loves putting people into boxes as either "part of my group" or not. I'm Puerto Rican and look white and go through the same shit all the time. People going "You're not a real Puerto Rican because you don't look or act like what I think Puerto Ricans should be". Oh and of course the people who love to take it upon themselves to obnoxiously tell me what I am are black females.

True OP. They are over represented.

The main character is a fucking jew. That's more black than white.

I can see why she's so angry

Why do you people feel the need to make a thread on every article you find regarding black people?

"black women erasure"

Because most normal people don't give a fuck about black people. End of story.

Did black people exist yet during World War 1?

she's CUTE!
Do you guys think she's into white bois?

this is my first thread containing an article on here desu

she's hideous