Has reading superhero comics made you a better person, Sup Forums?

Has reading superhero comics made you a better person, Sup Forums?

YES!!!! It made me much more welcoming to socially progressive ideals. I don't even resent taking care of my wife's son while she's out on dates anymore.

Honestly, yes. Didn't have any fucking friends as a kid, so I just kinda read comics. They taught me how to overcome my obstacles and be more than others expect of you. It really stuck with me.

yes

Legitimately taught me to be more accepting of gays and transexuals by reading a bunch of Morrison stuff

Not by a longshot. I think I would have turned out less jaded had I never picked up this hobby, if only by a very small margin.

Tony the Tiger has probably made more people better humans than comics

no
I was already a great person. Reading comics is just a way to entertain myself. But I can see how it can provide rolemodels to those who have none.

Imagine little superheroes my head telling me what to do

no

Yeah, I started exercising because of Captain America.

nice.

I have something kinda like that, but It's just an imaginary Superman floating behind me. He doesn't say anything, just watches, but when I do something good or help someone, he smiles. That thought of him is what makes me do the right thing in situations when the easy thing to do is nothing. I can't bear to disappoint him.

I dont know.

>Legitimately taught me to be more accepting of gays and transexuals by reading a bunch of Morrison stuff

Simon Hanselmann's Megg, Mogg, and Owl taught me gays and transsexuals are as fucked up as the rest of us.

Me too, thanks to Batman I am much more socially acceptable and welcoming of PoC.
#NeverTrump

>Tony the Tiger has probably made more people better humans than comics

No, he's made them into degenerates.

The Tony the Tiger account gets harassed on twitter all the time as has to rebuff constant sexual advances.

The Chester Cheetah account loves all the attention though.

>gays and transsexuals
There aren't really any gay or transexual characters there in Megg Mogg and Owl

I want to paint him green and fuck him into a stupor.

Yes, for a while anyway.

I started really getting into Superman about halfway through my first semester of college. Seeing how close Clark was with his coworkers, his friends, and his family made me feel guilty as fuck about not having a job, so I immediately went and got set up at the first gig I could get on campus and really gave it my all each day I was there. It was some pizza joint, so sometimes I'd get a free pizza, and when my room mate was feeling bummed (more than a few occasions, the dude was kind of a wreck of a person), I'd give him the whole thing and try to give him life advice and shit.

I also stopped lying out my ass all the time. I kinda started sticking to a "what would Clark Kent do?" formula for not being a shithead, and that really came into play when it came to lying. I mean, I wasn't chronic, but I quit saying "yeah man, I've got all A's" to my dad and started saying stuff like "Well, I didn't do so well on this test" or "please don't kill me for not doing well on this test."

Speaking of dad, I actually started hanging out with him again, which I hadn't done since middle school. We went hunting and hiking, and I'd sit out in the garage with him and just talk about life. This also led to me doing hella chores/yardwork during breaks and such.

Hell, I even stopped being a shithead while gaming. I mean, I would still ragequit and stuff all the time, but I stopped calling engineers autistic faggots for putting their entire nest at spawn.

Anyway, this whole Superman-y behavior set bled into my love life too, when I started dating my last gf. I treated her like I imagined he'd treat Lois Lane. I was always looking out for her, I tried to make sure she wasn't drinking too much, and that she was studying and treating her folks right. I took her camping, and she even got to go on a family trip across the country with us so my pals could all meet the girl I loved. 'Course, that all went to shit when she cheated on me each day for a month.

Honestly I didn't read many comics before getting on Sup Forums, and getting on Sup Forums has coincided with a sharp sharp decline in my mental health and ability to get shit done school wise. So.... no.

I can just imagine you sitting up in bed with your head in your hands, your wife/girlfriend consoling you, telling you ED happens to a lot of men and it doesn't make you any less of a man, and superman just staring on, frowning.

Not really. I've always been a softie who believes in doing good just because I can.

tl;dr

Shut the FUCK UP boco

A Superboy falls in love with a reporter girl.

Unable to confess, Clark Kent is gifted by a Mxyzptlk with Lois Lane's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as he tears through the fabric of time and space in order to get to the reporter girl from another dimension. Equipped with their darkest, most private secrets the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of TRANSDIMENSIONAL LOVE.

Is Sup Forums is pathetic and desperate to have anything of worth attached to their name you need to wholesale rob Sup Forums's accomplishments?

I think it made me question why things are the way they are a bit more. Superman saves the day all the time but things never get /better/ same shit happens in the real world all the time. It just goes to show you that people a fundamentally horrible and want to live in misery. I'd have took off to Daxam or something years ago If I was him.

Yes sir...

I fell in love with Cap as a child not only due to how average he was, but how his impossibly strong spirit and sense of justice carried him. I think that's kind of a beautiful lesson for a 10 year old to learn, that if you love something that much, you could be Captain America too