Finn

Do you like this guy ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J96krLj5SMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Non-racist, non-faggot here

I did not like his character. He was annoying as fuck and not funny at all even though he was intended to be.

I liked John Boyega in Attack the Block, and I think he's a decent actor, but the material he was given for TFA was shit. The character sucked, not him.

This, amigo

>Non-racist
>didn't like the character

Is there more we should know?

Yeah I like him. Hopefully less jokes in the new movie though.

Definitely my favorite character in the film. I liked the fact that he was a normal guy, just like Kylo but not an edgelord. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next film.

He's alright.
Hopefully him and Poe get developed more.

He was very likable.

Boyega has an amazing charisma and is just so clearly having a good time with his role

I'm not racist but the idea of seeing a subhuman monkey nigger man in my space movie was just too much for me so I had to boycott it.

Liked his character because he was the only one that wasn't COMPLETELY 1 dimensional (if close).

Every other character was a rip off of other characters from the series (Rey), or the best in the world at what they do and never really out of their depth (Rey, Han, Poe).

The only scene in the film even remotely good was him trying to use the light saber in the duel. Actually had some tension, he did a good job.

Other than that not enamored with the new movie, but I'm an un-pleasable 27 year old who preferred the old movies so I'm hardly the target market and will likely never be satisfied.

Yeah, liked him due to the fact he was more human than Rey will ever be. He had faults and tries to overcome them unlike some other that will not be named again just seems to get everything right first time round.

Only thing I liked about TFA. Until the last third when his entire backstory is retconned

Fuck off, Lando existed in the original trilogy.

Loved him. Loved his arc.

>having a good time with his role

This is what retards consider an important trait in an actor.

I liked his character but I wish they spent a bit more time building up him going rogue and leaving the first order.

Finn was a charismatic enough everyman. He held up well against most of the shitty characters in terms of presence.

However, he was a terrible character for what he was meant to be. They created a brainwashed from infancy Stormtrooper turned hero who defected and instead of making it a difficult story of discovering how it is to be his own man, interact with each other, and heal his incredibly skewed morality, they made him the nice and goofy everyman. One minute he was realizing that he could be more, the next he's watching others just like him with the same potential as him getting killed and whooping in excitement over it.

They completely pushed his background, the most interesting part of his character, to the side and made it not matter or affect him at all. So Boyega was charismatic with what he had and Finn was likable, but his character was complete shit.

Just read the comics, goy.

He was ok, seemed more like a real character rather than a Mary-sue like Rey and his budding bromance with Poe could lead to some cool hijinks.

Looking forward to more though, needs work but a decent start.

I'm not sure. I think I liked him, but that could be just because I was expecting much worse. The trailers had lines like "I was raised to do one thing... but I have NOTHING to fight for", which made me think he was going to be some broody tortured edgy faggot, but then he turns out to be goofy comic relief, which is better.

He was a better character than Rey, that's for sure.

And Lando was based as fuck.
One of my favourite characters.

I have seen a interview of this guy, he was lively, talkative and a cool guy.

Unlike his character in the movie who sucks.

>I liked John Boyega in Attack the Block

That film is genuinely underrated

>I'm not racist
>Proceeds to say a bunch of racist shit

yeah he was pretty cool actually.

>Stormtrooper brainwashed from childhood who had his whole world turned around by breaking the mold
>Becomes nothing more than goofy comic relief
>Better
user, what?

>WHO TALKS FIRST
>YOU? ME?
line that ruined star wars

That was ad-libbed by Oscar Isaac actually and they decided to keep it in the movie.

nah man I don't think there shouldn't be comics for an integral part of a movie.

*i don't think there should be comics

>forgetting a line
>"""""adlib"""""
lmao not even the star wars trivia is good

>that's the joke.jpg

I love Boyega because he's a damn good actor.
I love Finn because he is nothing special. He is an everyman trying to survive all of these extreme circumstances that are beyond his capabilities.
He is Jack Burton without the inflated ego.

But that shit doesn't work with the background they gave him. That's the problem. Funny everyman doesn't work without ignoring everything potentially interesting about how his backstory affects him. Which is exactly what TFA did.

All of this would be just fine if Finn was some regular joe who accidentally got caught up in all of this. But he's not.

I liked him because his character wasn't flat and it was an archetype not covered in the previous six movies. Coward who learns to stand his ground. His humor was a little broader than what the franchise typically displayed though.

I loved the jokes.
Finn: We'll use the Force.
Han Solo: That's not how the Force works!
I had a genuine laugh at that, with the exchange between the wide-eyed Finn and the crotchety Han.

I like Boyega, but Finn isn't a very good character.

>But that shit doesn't work with the background they gave him.
Why not? Stormtroopers are the ultimate non-entity in the SW universe. They are below droids as far as story importance.

Fucking racist

You're dumb, that was a great line. Reminded me (any most people) of something Han would say.

Han and Finn are completely different characters and the original trilogy had enough integrity to not break the fourth wall by implying there is a script to follow.

he only looked good because Daisy Ridley was so bland in comparison imo

Poe said the line, not Finn.

>break the fourth wall by implying there is a script to follow
are you being facetious or are you actually retarded?

The character was the one acting facetious, saying that line when he was about to be executed. It was dumb and ruined the tone. I realize star wars is light hearted but the empire is never treated like that because it's fucking dumb and juvenile.

I dug fin but I have to agree.

God you are stupid.
Poe says the line because Kylo is being silent for a few moments and Poe is a smartass who wanted to basically give a big middle finger to Kylo by demonstrating that he wasn't scared of him and didn't take him seriously

How the fuck are there people are stupid as you in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=J96krLj5SMg

He's cute.
Apart from that, it's not that surprising to see black storm-troopers (the original supply must have run out since the Clone Wars), but a lot more to see him go from Empire to Rebellion almost instantly without any development. But that's not the worst of the movie, at all.
The actors is good enough.

There were far worse problems in this movie than just a black character who was actually one of the ok parts.

>le awkward xDDD
anyone who defends this line is a child not even worth talking to.

>the fedora is strong with this one

Yes.

this

Finn is probably one of the worst characters in Star Wars, his character is stupid as shit and makes no sense

I hate that line so much, plus the way Harrison Ford delivers it makes me cringe everytime

I honestly barely remember him doing anything or really standing out.

>seems not cut out for stormtrooper life
>doesnt want to fire his gun
>40 minutes later murdering stormtroopers with abandon
really felt out of place and out of character. he grabs the saber and just shanks troopers. doesnt he know them? i imagine him running up to that one trooper like "AYO JEFF FUCK YOU NIGGA" while he stabs him.

I thought Finn was the best of the three leads we got in the movie but he was not a good character by any means.

He was just the only turd with a piece of corn left in it.

it was his first deployment and he realized they just kill innocent people

So he's a hypocrite