youtube.com/watch?v=ygXD7nY9AOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Django

No thanks, I like staying at Mariotts or Hiltons

High Plains Drifter
The Searchers
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
The Hateful Eight

Just saw Shane because it caught my attention during Logan. Great movie.

Go Mustangs! :^]

Once Upon a Time in the West
Fievel Goes West

Once upon a time in the west makes it to my favourite, every time I think about it then I want to put 3 hours aside and watch it again. Then it's The good, the bad and the ugly. I haven't watched as many westerns as I want to. Need to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is pretty damn good.

Shane
High Noon
For a Few Dollars More

>gif.
FU

>Once upon a time in the west
So fucking slow. There's about 1.5 hours of movie stretched out to nearly 3. A good editor could have saved it, but the released version is shit.

The Wild Bunch

Also
Not really western but The Treasure of Sierra Madre

This. Although I personally prefer El Dorado (probably out of nostalgia).

Fistful Of Dynamite
Assassination Of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford
Magnificent Seven (1960)
Young Guns

>Fistful Of Dynamite

Objectively terrible movie and the moment every sane person dropped Leone as he let his political views influence his work/art.

Butthurt spic detected

Kind of enjoyed the Gary Cooper ones, High noon, the Westerner etc, thought they'd be pure cheese but they're actually cool

This isn't a great Western, but it's so corny I love it.
The Train Robbers is good too.

> people keep unironically posting The Searchers

Unforgiven.
God-tier script. Everyone should watch that movie.

this is peak Leone

FPBP

Isn't No Country considered a modern western?

Is Hell or High Water in that same category? Curious how it is.

YOU LABEL ME
I LABEL YOUAHHH
AND I DUG THE UNFORGIVEN

Truly the best western.The poop jokes were hillarious.

I don't know, but I'm a sucker for clint eastwood westerns

The original True Grit
Pale Rider
Unforgiven
Hondo
They Died with Their Boots on

For a Few Dollars More is underrated.

>gatling gun

I unironically love that movie.

original Magnificent Seven and pic related

the thing about "modern westerns" is that the western genre literally means its setting is the wild west. That era basically ended with the Spanish-American war

This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I'll read all day, made all the worse by how pretentious you sound.

If you really don't get how its pace, which admittedly is a pretty slow fucking burn, builds the tension (which isn't even really all that slow, because, I don't know, there's actually a reason for all of that?), then I just don't know what to tell you.

the ranger the cook and a hole in the sky

they dont make films like this anymore

idk I'm a Marriott rewards memeber.

Nene Western recommendations, bros. So far I've seen:
The Assassination of Jesse James
Once Upon a Time in the West
Hell or High Water
Unforgiven
The Outlaw Josey Wales
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Hateful Eight
I have High Plains Drifter, Tombstone, True Grit, Blazing Saddles, 3:10 to Yuma and Shane on my watchlist. Anything else?

The Shootist if you're looking for a feels fest western.

also not sure why that DVD cover doesn't mention that Jimmy Stewart is also in this movie

Would you call Easy Rider a western?

The Searchers

fpbp lol

How the West Was Won is my favorite western movie.
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
Hang Em High is great too
Treasure of the Sierra Madre is not quite a Western in the traditional sense, but it's great nonetheless and is in that setting.

Grim Prairie Tales.
It's not so much a western as it is a campy spooky movie. But I really enjoyed it.

Bone Tomahawk

>Pale Rider

My man

Slow West is a great modern effort. Super bleak and barren.

I WISH I WAS IN THE LAND OF COTTON

Gramps here. I never see The Long Riders mentioned in these threads. Very Underated.

Jeremiah Johnson

This was my all time favorite movie for a long time. It just has a great soul

High Noon and The Wild Bunch are two of my favorites along with most of Clint's movies such as The Outlaw Josey Wales etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLRlY46ttfE

>''Dying Aint' Much of A Livin', Boy''

A fist full of Dynamite..It's also called Duck you suckers, I think they changed the title at some point for some reason. It's GOAT though.

I like Pale Rider, from what I recall.

Dead Man is underrated.

I really need to watch The Wild Bunch.

It does share some of the same tropes though. Enough that they could be considered westerns.

Exactly what I was thinking

>A Fistful of Dollars

Probably the best choice for modern viewers who might not have the best exposure to Westerns.

Ramones one of the best Western villains and the grimdark nature of the massacre showed how sadistic him and his family really were.

I always hated the Ned Kelly inspired standoff ending though. Bit too on the nose to how 'fantastic' the The Man With No Name is meant to be...

>buzzards gotta eat. Same as worms

>go to Best Western
>only westerns they have on demand are musicals and Wyatt Earp

Hang em high is nice.

>INNNDDDDIIAAANNNSSSS

Could argue that it is but personally they weren't heroes/anti-heroes and there really aren't any villains. The politics of it drown out most of the adventure anyway.

anyone who posts just a frame of a film and not the title in a recommendation thread is literally nothing more than an autistic 12 year old trying to look cool to his anonymous internet peers

Hell on Wheels is pretty kino

Reverse image search, Grandpa.

good fucking choices lads. Always nice to see good taste on this board. I'll add...

McCabe & Mrs. Miller
The Great Silence
Stagecoach

>when the few dollars more remix kicks in for the Dark Tower trailer

jdimsa

BW+'s are bretty gud and reasonably priced.

FPBP

OP BTFO

soniamproud.jpg

Beast of Hollow Mountain
Valley of the Gwangi

Name a single western with a better soundtrack

what the fuck is the point of doing that when you retards can just say the name of the film?
literally the only reason for posting just a frame is to look cool, and trying hard to look cool on an anonymous image board is the height of autism

Only one that hasn't been mentioned is The Revenant.

I'll always love the bait and switch scene.

Two mules for sister sarah

anything not by an italian or quentin tarantino

Fuck yea.
This prostitute is on the run from her Mexican pimp, so she dresses up as a nun and makes Clint think she's all innocent and shit. It was pretty great, and i'm not even a big fan of westerns.

This and Joe Kidd are underrated as fuck Clint westerns.

Worth a watch? I liked The Wild Bunch.

I mean, I'm going to watch it anyway. I just want to read some anons'' comments on it.

How the West Was Won

youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZPy-7BzSw

It's a great show and definitely love when AMC actually puts heart into a show instead of Walking Pleb. AMC introduced me to The Rifleman with Chuck Conners.

I'm still pissed Low Winter Sun got fucked over and The Killing was fucked because they sold to Netflix.

Boss Nigger, of course!

Well, at least its opening theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygXD7nY9AOQ

Pretty fun blaxploitation, too. Fred the Hammer Williamson is always great.

>ywn take the herd out to Montana with Woodrow Caul and Gus McCray

y live

Clicked on thread to start posting hotels.

Fuck you.

>that fucking snake scene with the irish kid dying

Fuck he didn't deserve that and Diane Lane or whatever her name was that played the prostitute was perfect. Steve Buscemi caught a knife for trying to fuck that chick.I still haven't finished watching it.

Wasn't she running from the french?

I remember watching TCM late one night and watched this movie called Run of The Arrow about a former confederate joining the Sioux. I can't remember but I think I watched Nevada Smith and he had a qt indian waifu then left her but I might be thinking of some random movie.

>The Wild Bunch
also The Rifleman TV shows written by Sam Peckinpah.

They were going to fight the french I think? Really should rewatch it because my memory is fuzzy and Sister Sarah's theme is a great Morricone song.

Johnny Guitar

Sabata (original)
Death Rides a Horse
>underrated Lee van Cleef kino

Duck You Sucker
Pat Garret & Billy the Kid
Geronimo (Walter Hill)
Lonely are the Brave
The Long Riders (Walter Hill)
>underrated/sleepers

Hatfelds & McCoys
>this Costner vs Paxton miniseries is the best Western of the last decade, easy

It's a gd shame that QT will never make a straight-up non-political Western. Imagine Pulp Fiction with saloons and brothels, kino. Basically Red Dead Redemption

My fav neo-Western is Dead Man, that Neil Young score, that Viking funeral. U-Turn is also interesting, as is Southern Comfort

Nice, I'll check em both out, trust your judgement. It's weird there seem to be only 20-30 good Westerns, and Clint is damn near in all of em. Saving John Wayne filmography until I'm old af

Hang em High, another Eastwood classic

Keoma.

When I watched Hell on Wheels after I played Red Dead Redemption I felt it.was the closest thing imo.

Hang Em High is a great movie but the ending was clearly open for a sequel that never happened.

Enjoy them user and when you get through watch Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Eastwood even though it's not a western.