This is the perfect image of Spider-Man

This is the perfect image of Spider-Man

Todd McFarlane is the perfect man to draw Spider-Man and his world

>I like pinups, not comics
Okay OP.

Pretzel man pretzel man does whatever a pretzel can pretty good with some salt and maybe some cheesy dip look out here comes the pretzel man

Sorry still a fan of the iconic, classic design

Todd is literally one of the worst artist to ever draw Spider-Man. His art gives me actual cancer

Before anyone scoffs at this user, he's talking about Todd's rigidity.

Every panel is a pinup, always, and panel to panel motion is generally terrible.

No wonder I like his Mary Jane.

>I like his Mary Jane
The man can't even draw faces right. His Mary Jane was fucking awful to look at. God it was a blessing whenever Erik Larsen dropped on Spider-Man to rid people of Mcfarlane's cancer esque art

I like both of these designs because spider-man has more traditional proportions, instead of being big headed and skinny.

That's actually awful.

His MJ is the hottest and best MJ

No it factually isn't.

His MJ looks like she has actual down syndrome along with any character he's ever drawn.
If you honestly think that then you have shit standards and you're exactly the kind of loser who faps to Shad, mspaint, or edited pictures of cartoon characters.

His MJ along with every other human he's drawn is ugly as shit

What is it with McFarlane today thinking that adding lots of little dashes and scratches means it's more "detailed"? Especially in places that don't need the excess detail.

Nope. Have you seen how he draws MJ?

Like I'd rather suck Eric Larsen's dick because his art was 99 percent more tolerable and bearable than Todd Mcfarlane's.

>tfw replying to OP before reading the thread

Sorry to break it to you, user, but you have shit taste.

You have shit taste bitch

The OP picture is, factually, Escher as fuck. His lower body is perpendicular to his upper body.

Too bad he's a huge moron.
Most of the Image founders were hacks, sadly.

Is Spiderman's outfit black or blue here?

Yeah it actually is sad. Real disappointing honestly

At least there were a few good things out of early Image. Giffen and Kieth really stood out.

Uh why is he a moron

And Todd McFarlane is a cool guy, even Korn Disturbed and Pearl Jam worked with him

That drawing is advantageous

>Uh why is he a moron
If you ever meet him, he's not the brightest bulb. But if we're just talking publicly, he's used the Savage Dragon comic as an unprofessional mouthpiece to talk shit in the past several times. Best example being when he literally pulled an "I'M MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER, BLONIC!" on Neil Gaiman for "bullying" Todd.

Dude's just very childish and simple minded, which is a shame.

>And Todd McFarlane is a cool guy, even Korn Disturbed and Pearl Jam worked with him
>Working with someone means they're cool.
What? I don't care if you like Todd or not, what kind of logic is that?

Larsen's issues of Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man are great.

Revenge of the Sinister Six may be my favorite 90's Marvel comic

Any version of Spidey that isn't a 100lbs twig is great.

No.

He came out of the gate swinging with Johnny Red Beard in terms of pettiness

Well, Todd is still better than Ramos.

It's a world better than Ramos.

Don't even like Ramos but no. He isn't
At least Ramos doesn't start spamming lines everywhere and can at least draw tolerable faces.

What's the point in having proportianate strength of a spider if you look like manlet Hulk anyway?

>Uh why is he a moron
You have no idea what Image Comics are, do you? Let alone their early history.

>And Todd McFarlane is a cool guy, even Korn Disturbed and Pearl Jam worked with him
>Korn
>Disturbed
>Pearl Jam

Yeah, clearly the most talented partners possible. Some real high standards there.

>proportionate strength of a spider
Whether he's a dyel or has the physique, or is even the same weight as fucking Kingpin, when he can lift 15 tons he's still got the proportionate strength of a spider.

I heard that travis charest is as much an arrogant asshole as alex ross, also he's the one who evolved best of the group, like, jesus man

I was pretty young when Savage Dragon started, so I'll admit, I don't know what you mean. Context?

>are
Don't you mean "were"?
They're decent these days despite some fuckery among the upper echelons.

Romita Sr is the best Spidey artist.

You're certifiably retarded.

Johnny Red Beard is John Byrne who hated the Image guys back when they were at Marvel because they were the new stars and his time was ending

He actually wanted to take them to court over the character, or some other joke at his expense, but Peter David talked him down

Lol you're the fucking retard here. Todd's art is way worse than Ramos and you're a fucking moron if you think otherwise
At least Ramos' problem is having a style many don't fucking like as opposed to just being downright fucking awful like Todd is.

Fuck off and go masturbate to your down syndrome Todd McFarlane faces that look reminiscent of that one furry comic about the 7 deadly sins.

>Todd's art is way worse than Ramos
You're also certifiably blind. And assblasted.

lol ok
If you could prove how Todd's Spiderman run or any run made after Todd's art went to shit is better than Ramos then go ahead. Instead of being such a whimsical memer

Lol you mean Ramos just taking stylistic liberties as opposed to Todd Mcfarlane just having shit art his entire run

I like Todd's art, just not his comics after a certain time. One he started Spider-Man he got really stiff way more so than Amazing or his DC work. Todd was more interested in drawing than storytelling by his own admission. That's why Spawn really takes off when Capullo comes aboard

It's shit art

>Blue, not black
>Not web-pits

Too bad it hasnt killed you yet.

I agree OP. Todd McFarlane is THE reason I got in to comics.

OH shit its the Todd Mcfarlane defense force. It's like Todd is actually reading these threads himself
Like that one issue of Spawn where he meets all the DC and Marvel heroes in a layer of hell. It's a crazy place we live in

Is that Black Terror?

Uh, or he's flexible?

I mean, i know you're 600 pounds and resemble Blob more than you do an actual fit person who gets regular exercise and has natural flexibility like Spider-Man, but gymnasts can do this kind of thing.

Too be fair he didn't even write that issue. Dave Sim did

No that's Mister Bones. Starts as a villain becomes a hero. You can see through his skin so he looks like a skeleton and he can kill with a touch

Thats quite clearly Black Terror

shame it hasn't killed you yet