ITT: Adapted characters that are better than the originals

ITT: Adapted characters that are better than the originals

>Hot Spot

Didn't he have a different name in the comics that was "too controversial" for modern audiences? Like Jihadi or something.

Joto which is like fag in Spanish.

the only good incarnation of Jan

Regardless on your opinions of the actual character, "Slade" is a lot cooler of a name than "Deathstroke" in my opinion.

>Didn't he have a different name in the comics that was "too controversial" for modern audiences?

"Joto". Which is meaningless to non-Mexicans and didn't need to be changed for the English version.

But the Teen Titans cartoon was super PC and played it safe wherever possible.

>We can't call him DEATHstroke! That name is too violent! We don't want kids to hear the word DEATH! It's scary!

So Slade it is, then.

Didn't they restore his name to "Deathstroke" in most of the foreign dubs?

It was only the English version of TT that thought the name "Deathstroke" was too intense for kids or something.

No.

Brazillian here, it was Slade everywhere.

And Slade is better than Deathstroke.

Did he even do anything?

He had his own episode where he had to fight Madame Rouge

bump

imo the name Slade is more threatening than Deathstroke. The latter sound like it tries too hard

i guess he's a flamer

You know it's true

I agree. It sounds like a combination of Snake and Blade.

Only because the way Robin pronounced it, he could make any name sound sinister.

You first.

Nah, she has two now.

I just wish they didn't kill him off

Pretty obvious.

Are you saying you actually like comic Hot Spot or are you just saying cartoon Hot Spot is worse?
Either way your taste is questionable. Comic Hot Spot's only good moment was sacrificing himself, then that got undone.

Is there even any contest? Antman-616 is a cunt.

his name was Joto, which in Swahili means "Heat", but in Spanish means fag

B A S E D B U C K
A
S
E
D

B
U
C
K

I didn't even care for Bucky in the comics but I cannot wait for MCU Bucky to take the mantle of Captain America from Steve. Hell, he may even be capable of lifting Mjolnir and everything.

this whole series really is better than the comic

For what basically is a High School AU, this game has some really likable characterization. I love that they turned Brian Falsworth into a superpowered gay James Bond with wacky tech. Why don't we have a solo series like that?

I was blown away by how shitty the original characters were. It's really the first time I've ever experienced something like that. Whenever someone asks me about Static Shock, I always refer them to the cartoon.

>has fire powers
>his name is Spanish for fag
That's pretty funny

Why did he still have a red star in the movie if he wasn't a Soviet agent?

Seems really weird to make him Hydra, but then not bother to change the obvious Soviet imagery.

Her. or pretty much anyone Timm/Dini touched.

Make that three.

Except Wonder Woman. Or John Stewart. Or Hawkman. Or Catwoman.

With characters like Tony, Hank, Wanda, T'challa they show the flaws of those characters without ever losing sight of their humanity and that they are at their core good people.

The comics just make them into psychos or villains for shock value and then end up with a mess.
Ironically, the MCU, who you might expect to be more wreckless and unsubtle due to the time constraints of the medium, are in fact more considerate of character and nuance than their comic book counterparts.

That show also had best Deathstroke.

>Antman-616 is a cunt.

pymlas is pretty much what id expect an older pym to act like. dont see how hank is a cunt though

Falseflagging.

Slade is a much cooler name than Deathstroke desu

Actually, he was both. It is likely he was part of a cooperative agreement between the Soviet government and Hydra, as his handlers at the beginning of Civil War were Russian and Natasha knew of him.

The Russian angle was a lot more fleshed out in Civil War. Still canonically Hydra, but wearing soviet uniforms, in a Soviet bunker, in a Soviet territory, speaking Russian.

It doesn't take a lot to extrapolate that Hydra had cells within Russia that they used to create the Winter Soldier program. Origins and imagery are preserved.

I disagree

...naw son. king was a fucking G

My thing is, it made his identity being a mystery kind of... Awkward.
>WHO IS SLADE?
>He's some guy named Slade. Slade Wilson.

Who names their kid Slade?

I liked her character a here a hell of a lot more than Oracle or Batgirl

Artemis and the Sportsfamily from YJ

Tom Kenny Plas is my favorite Plas

I'll give you that for sure. King was a Mary Sue like all recent Reds in Sentai.

I always thought that was the next logical step for Oracle

Yamato isn't a sue, but I'll give you the rest

100%
Young justice also made red tornado amazing

>That episode where tonnes of superheros had to fight and the guy who hosted it took all their powers

me too, user

and Robin went full Batman on him in the end too if I remember right.

Technically a different character but I've always thought Toxin a better take on the whole symbiote idea compared to Venom or Carnage

mary sue has lost all meaning, hasnt it?

whos self insert is he?

Have you guys ever read Jack Cole Plastic Man? Literally GOAT- especially Golden Age

But this Plas is fun and quirky, like this stories.

>this
his

Don't get me wrong, I woukd love to see more Tom Kenny Plas; however, those Golden Age Plastic man comics are so absurd and amazing, I love them, as a character he is slightly different but the stories are just amazing

Alright, I give them a look.

Also this

I want more hero Carnage

They barely did shit with him

The original Young Justice comics did a way better job with him

>mary sue = self insert

I'd redirect you to tumblr but even they know more than you.

I really like the comic version. I loved when he would hang out at the comic shop to play tabletop games and how he'd use his powers a lot more creatively. One time he put out a fire by using his powers to change the oxygen molecules in the air into ozone.

I thought Plas was suppose to be a straight man and not fun and quirky, actually.

Isn't that a region from the Pokemon games?

Marvel Adventures Jan was fantastic.

That's elongated man, actually

Fuck you King was great

The gayest of all regions.

Actually he's right, when Plastic man isn't a DC character he is more inclined to be a straight man (who is creative with his powers and very funny sometimes) in a very bizarre world that doesn't quite make sense. It's like if he showed up to a party late after everyone drank the magic Kool-aid and he also had a partner in the comics, Woozy Winks

doesnt match up with the definition

Especially the character design. I was super disappointing when I first saw how Cyborg actually looked in the comics.

I don't know. Hoenn was pretty gay

they used the Soviet imagery to fuel conflict and hide the Hydra ties

Shit tier taste.

Kalos was literally based on France. But ORAS followed XY so I guess Hoenn unfortunately couldn't help but adopt some of it's faggotry.

Exactly, Deathstroke sounds like a what a 12 year old would name his OC to make it sound adult and cool,.

got to the 3rd and 4th seasons.

Losing his body was cool, but that episode just didn't work. At least his first 2 were great.

616 is the comic continuity. He's saying Douglas' pym is better.

Hydra infiltrated the Soviets just like they infiltrated SHIELD.

This "Hydra" sounds really good at infiltrating.

i know. i was saying that if 616 pym were to age, he would be like douglas. im curious as to why hes a cunt

They've infiltrated GCPD

So you're saying they're good at working their way into places their not wanted, no matter how tight the security...I have a job for this Hydra group.

He was great until everyone started worshiping the ground he walked on

>give secret six bane the coat

Oh baby.