Samurai Jack Adult Swim

Thoughts on new, darker season of Samurai Jack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtBkVYfqvM
adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Adult Swim's best cartoon in ages.

Cool idea. Jack was always a bit hampered by the PGness making it so Jack could only slice up robots or kill dudes in subtle ways. The original show did really well to work around that limitation, admittedly.

He's a got dang samurai. Cutting down fools is in the job description and it'll be nice to see him cut down fools.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M

I like that they won't have to rely on robots for violent fights now.

I don't like that he'll wear full body armor, ride a motorbike and use a gun.

But here's hoping it's good nonetheless.

hype af senpai

The original premise was good enough; it was tailored to fit what was stablished by the network as acceptable without actually feeling constrained, and they explored creativity and sophistication in other areas of the format instead of obsessing about what they could *not* do

It's fine they've got more leeway now, but I hope they're smart enough to develop a logic *expansion* of the tone instead of a full retcon

pretty sure it's going to be exactly the same with the addition of language and gore, they've always talked about how they would love to make it bloody and more adult

real question:would they have Jack fuck Ikra if they had a tvma rating?

>an action adult cartoon
Is this heaven?

The original really was already super badass even if it wasn't explicit, this should be great and I can't wait to see how it ends

I just want to see Genndy not fucked over for once, so I'm glad with anything I see from the new season.

It's Genndy baby
And if he's really made good with CN here's hoping he gets another [AS] show after this is done

>Yfw [AS] SymBionic Titan

Good money says he ditches that shit when something calls him back to his true path and he finds his sword, end of episode 2 is my guess

DON'T MAKE MY HEART GO

Yes please!

Not enough blood.

Sup Forums is going to watch this once, call it edgy garbage and then wait a full year before they start posting how it was 'praised throughout the board.'

Screencap this

I was happy with the show's cancellation because it meant Aku would reign forever. I don't want to see him finally defeated,

Jack killing people seems out of character

Dear Sup Forums user
please stop making me jizz
k thnx bye

If I remember, during the episode with Mad Jack, Jack sliced up a group of bounty hunters in a bar

We've loved Jack too many years for that to happen.

>Screencap this
No.

Genndy is the head of this project, isn't going to be edgy just blood and Jack can say swear and probably more sexy aliens, this is want Genndy probably want the most

>and probably more sexy aliens, this is want Genndy probably want the most
What are you trying to say?

Did you watch the show user? Because let's face it Jack dosen't kill people in the original because of the Network all that "robots" bounty hunters where sentient enough to be alive.
>Lulu...sweet thing.

We all know what Genndy likes when he design female characters

And all of them exploded.

I remember watching a deleted scene where someone was shot in the head with blood spilling out, it was at a far distance however so you really don't see anything. I think they always wanted to incorporate some violence/gore into the original but couldn't, for better or worse is up to you.

Guys I have good news about Sym Bionic Titan
It finally got a complete series dvd release
In Australia

Will they start prasing it before its dying in the ratings or after it's cancelled?

what about "The Princess and the Bounty Hunter" ware he kills three of the four Hunters that ambush him

cant find anything on what youve just said, source?

My mistake, I believe these were used but edited in the final release.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtBkVYfqvM

Do I have to watch the original series if I want to understand what happens in this series, or is it more of an episodic type of show?

>cancelled
it's only 10 episodes to finish the story and they're making all 10 of them no matter what. it doesn't matter how well it does

It's an episodic type of show but you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching Samurai Jack.

The series is episodic (in that you can watch it in any order because there's little direct episode-to-episode continuity) but it's a rich world with a lot of different characters and settings and in this there will undoubtedly be callbacks to past events and lore and such that you'll better appreciate having seen it.
Also the original series is really good I don't know why you wouldn't just watch it if the continuation interests you

There's really no way to tell since it isn't out yet. The new season (5) is going to be serialized and is solely intended to wrap up the series. However, the original four seasons are episodic, so you need to watch the first three episodes to understand the status quo. Then there are episodes that introduce characters that may return in season 5.

Samurai Jack is worth watching in its entirety, but if you absolutely REFUSE to do so, seek out some of the better episodes because they are truly fantastic.

I'm actually glad to hear their just finally finishing the story instead of rebooting it with a new series except it more darker than the original

when you think about, Samurai Jack was never really cancelled. It got sent into the future

>when you think about, Samurai Jack was never really cancelled. It got sent into the future

>Samurai Jack was never really cancelled
>It got sent into the future

AKUUUU

>w-watch out

>LONG AGO ON A DISTANT CHANNEL I, AKU, THE SHOW CANCELLING MASTER OF DARKNESS ENDED AN UNSPEAKABLE AMOUNT OF CARTOONS
>BUT A FOOLISH TELEVISION SHOW ABOUT A SAMURAI IN THE FUTURE STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME
>BEFORE THE FINAL SEASON WAS DONE, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG IT INTO THE FUTURE WHERE ITS FANBASE IS OLD
>NOW THE SHOW SEEKS TO CONTINUE ITS RUN AND UNDO THE CLIFFHANGER ON ADULT SWIM

Before the final episode was made, i tore a portal in time and flung him into the future where Cal-Arts is law!
Now Genndy seeks to return to the 2000's and undue the future that is Modern CN

Seriously you have to see the show, it is probably the finest series that ever happened to CN.

Will we see the Scotsman is my question. I just want my loveable badass back for one episode, even if he's over 100 years old at this point.

Otherwise really looking forward to the new season.

>Not Stu, the show cancelling master of darkness
YOU HAD ONE JOB.

John DiMaggio still works with CN on the regular for AT so it probably wouldn't be a stretch. Scotsman was basically the only minor recurring character that people cared about.

>where Cal-Arts is law

perfect, now it starts to make sense

There were other minor recurring characters?

Fo shizzle, yo

underrated

What the flying fuck!

Genndy Tartakovsky was a CarlArts student

unfortunately. i find this happens when i try to make uncensored shit
it's like yeah i wanna depict all the violence in the world, but.. you can't just have rampant murder. but you cant really have violence WITHOUT death or you're acting like everyone in the world is on PCP and can shrug off a huge bleeding wound and heal it up later without any hard to draw scarring

that's just because they censored out so much it all fit on one disk

Will Jack get naked again?

Since no one bothered to post it in this thread and it's been posted in all the other Samurai jack threads on Sup Forums this week:

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html

I think it'll be great.

Nice post, I actually felt like I was on Reddit for a moment

This is the hero Sup Forums needs

>MA-LAAAAAAIIIISE.

So best feels episode of Samurai Jack, Sup Forums?
I think Season2 Episode6 hits you right in the childhood. Where little Jack runs around trying to catch crickets. At least we know he's not a unkissed virgin;_;
DAT LONE WOLF AND CUB scene
NO BULLY LITTLE JACK

I think they're gonna tie it into the fact that 50 years have passed and that he's become desensitized to the violence, how he's become an individual at war with his surroundings as well as his past ideals.

The cameo is one of my favorite moments in the show.

Also Lulu... Sweet thing.

We just got a new season of Venture Bros this year, though.

>I don't like that he'll wear full body armor, ride a motorbike and use a gun.
what

Sources are saying he's getting a motorcycle, doesn't seem like it fits him in my opinion but its not terrible.

It's going to be great

aaaaaaaa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I seriously hope the new voice actor for Aku delivers it exactly like that

He's literally killed people before

I want both The Scotsman and The Guardian to come back, even if it's just for a second. The latter was literally stronger than Aku; he's gotta be in it.

>yfw theres inevitably an episode that homages Seven Samurai where Jack must recruit a team to defend a small village from Aku's forces, where Jack displays his vast tactical knowledge from years of waging war against Aku, while receiving help from either past allies, and/or brand new characters.

Of course

Thats like asking if Jack's hair will come undone, or if they will have more scenes where hes shouting and slashing at the camera with dozens of sharp cuts and all you hear is the sword cutting

100 Trump dollars says the first episode opens with "IN MEMORY OF MAKO IWAMATSU"

>implying Mako isn't going to rise from his grave just long enough to record all the Aku lines

This made me think.

>turning the show to what it was originally supposed to be before censors said no

Fuck yeah

Anyone have those pictures of the original storyboard with Jack holding someone's head?

I just hope they don't shove in "muh mature theme cause Imma grown mayne >:(" and flood the show with lots of language and other "grown up edginess" like rape and whatnot. I expected blood, but I still want it to be Samurai Jack, not an HBO show with an Adult Swim coat of paint.

>flood the show with lots of language and other "grown up edginess" like rape and whatnot.
>like rape and whatnot.
>rape
Don't act like Aku hasn't done it to Jack yet

Aku knows his limits.
Also, Jack's a trained Buddhist monk, he'll protect his virginity until he goes back to the past, if need be.

>implying

BALLS DEEP