I didnt read this ( because I have a sane mind And Im not a shill) but those who have: is it better or worse than the...

I didnt read this ( because I have a sane mind And Im not a shill) but those who have: is it better or worse than the garbage that was the first?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?79247-Civil-War-II-2-SPOILERS!!!
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reading a book makes you a shill?
What?

>Responding to people seriously when they say shill

??????

Civil War had many flaws but had its good moments. I for one mostly enjoyed it, although I know it's a matter of personal taste.
Civil War 2 is an unmitigated pile of crap.

I thought the first started out okay with the first issue but got worse with every subsequent issue.

Civil War II started out bad and got worse and more nonsensical so far (and probably will continue to do so)

I don't think you know what a shill is.

in the first civil war they had a good idea, the first issue with Nitro blowing up was good, but they didnt/couldnt think of a good tory for the good idea.

Here they dont even have a good idea

Civil War, for all its flaws, was written by a real comic book writer. Civil War 2 is written by a complete hack.

1 started out okay and still managed to have some good issues evrry now and again.

this started out bad and shows no signs of getting better

Worse. At least Civil War's main conflict made sense. Civil War II's conflict so far has been "Tony Stark fucks everything up because he's an is an idiot who blames a kid for his friend's death because he provided intel for the mission" and will soon be "Carol becomes fascist for no reason".

Worse. Which is surprisingly upsetting yet hilarious. I'm not quite sure what to feel really.

So far it's definitely worse.

CW1 had awful writing, but at least the premise made sense. In CW2 the whole premise doesn't even make sense and relies on several major characters being retarded.

Worse for several reasons.
1) The FCBD shows the deaths first, then Issue 0 develops the dead characters, and then issue 1 has the deaths happen off panel. Why was this written this way?
2) The original Civil War at least had a memorable moment each issue. Issue 1 had the explosion and Cap escaping with the jet. Issue 2 has Spider-Man unmask. Issue 3 had the dirty handshake and reveal of Thor. Issue 4 had the death of Goliath. Issue 5 had Peter outrunning the T-bolts villains. Issue 6 had the Punisher blast Goldbug and whats his name. Issue 7 is the final battle.

You might not like Civil War, but you know every single scene I just mentioned. We're 4 (kinda) issues into CIvil War II and the most memorable thing is Missile to the Tit and Rhodey getting punched. Nothing else of interest has happened.

3) The argument is flawed. HEAVILY flawed. Tony's hate of the future seer is mainly cause Thanos killed Rhodey, and yet they don't address things like "Why not let the villains kill a few civilians then act?" or time travelers or any of that.

4) At least the first Civil War had a ton of cameos. This one is just the ANAD lineup.

It was okay - not the most clever setup. Bit contrived with the escalation and conflict - but a fun read.
By the way, if you find you no longer appreciate these comics, perhaps you've grown past them and should find some other passtime? I mean, rather than just whinge.

I'm assuming 0 was supposed to be published first.

But still, it's got its problems, too. Like Doc Samson suddenly being alive with no explanation.

And the real world answer should be.
>>Get a future sight thing.
>>If it's a disaster, prepare for it.
>>If someone is gonna do some crime, keep a watch on them, or give them a warning.

That should be the end of the debate.

100% this.
Especially since in a comic they already showed Spider-Man doing just that. He followed a guy that Ulysses predicted would kill 2 people, then arrested him the moment he broke into his ex-girlfriend's house with a gun.
They're creating a false dichotomy between Carol and Tony: be a fascist or don't use precognition to save any lives ever.

>Like Doc Samson suddenly being alive with no explanation.
I feel that's Bendis' "clever" jab of "Don't take the deaths too seriously"

I really hate this event because there is no originality to it. It was slapped together purely to be an event, which yes, this happens all the time at Marvel, but this feels like the most laziest. From the publicity deaths (3 already), to the premise that doesn't make sense, to the bad plotting (the sides are drawn at issue 4 - 5) to being so much smaller in scope. Why are the heroes even picking sides? The first one made sense why they were forced to fight, but this one is clearly Tony being a little bitch and Carol probably taking things too far. But for a shit ton of heroes, they shouldn't care about this.

I only hope that this time, Marvel tanks at an event and has to change their strategies, but that's too optimistic. Especially when the CBR forums still praises CWII.

t. Benis

>the CBR forums still praises CWII.
no way

And the point someone else keeps making.
>>GOTG come to warn of Thanos coming, Rhodey dies.
>>Tony "He died for the greater good"
>>Ulysses predicts Thanos coming, Rhodey dies
>>Tony "FUCK YOU KID! I AM GONNA PROVE YOUR METHOD IS FUCKING WRONG! THANOS SHOULD HAVE ARRIVED FIRST, KILLED HUNDREDS, AND THEN WE SHOULD HAVE ACTED! They may have died, but hey, at least it's not anyone I know!"

>It was slapped together purely to be an event, which yes, this happens all the time at Marvel,

It does but I think they admitted they had a short time to come up with a premise since the movie was coming up. They probably planned to do something else as an event.

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?79247-Civil-War-II-2-SPOILERS!!!

Tony would probably still vent all of his frustrations on Carol because he has to find someone to blame, but yeah, his whole argument is fucking stupid.

I have no idea what this meme means.

you have to go back

I'm reading this and while there's some people praising it, there seems to be a lot more posts being critical of it.

Back to the future?

>It does but I think they admitted they had a short time to come up with a premise since the movie was coming up.
I get the feeling some part of Disney is presurring Marvel to sell more issues.

yeah they admitted it
>And with that, Marvel had its next big event after Secret Wars. One of the biggest hurdles, though, was time; this conversation occurred not years ago, but mere months. The length of preparation typically required for a major comic-book event was not an option.
>“This was not like [the first] Civil War or Secret Wars, where we planned for a couple of years,” Alonso told The Post’s Comic Riffs. “We’ve been planning this for maybe three or four months.”

>“We’ve been planning this for maybe three or four months.”
Well there's your problem!

No? Why do people always blame Disney for shit that is very clearly Perlmutter's doing.

So little planning they had to put the build up to the event in the event itself so now sides aren't even being picked until #4 and #5

It's hilarious that they even admit it. Makes me think that even they don't want to be doing this

Marvel is already dominating the industry, why rush an event out like this?

Yup. They could use him as an early warning system without going full Precrime.
The conflict makes no sense and isn't even explained as though it was logical.
Tony is just fucking shit up and Carol goes full Precrime like that is the default option.
So we have Two positions:
>Waaah! Muh friend! Fuck everything!
>Never question authority! Security over constitutional rights and the legal system! Abuse of power is not a thing.

They're dominating the industry due to Star Wars, Deadpool, and Spider-Man. The rest of their titles aren't doing so well.

Events is one reason why they dominate the industry because events make money.

And what's worse? We all know that Ulysses will turn out to be some manipulated weapon for some villain so Tony would be right.

He is not right, though.
He doesn't predict a problem. He just dismisses the notion as "wrong" for no stated reason and no position on the implementation.

I'm not generally down on the whole Bendis hate train but when he had Tony and Carol (two characters who have alcoholism as a defining trait that has influenced years of comics) talking about who was gonna pay for drinks after beating down that celestial I definitely thought "what the fuck".

I read here some fans asked him about that and he said it will be a plot point. that it was deliberate.

It's basically Minority Report, except Tom Cruise was likeable in it.
Minority Report War 2 Electric Boogaloo is full of mistakes and fuckups that Story Writing 101 says not to make.

It is written by Bendis. It is going to be a guarantee given that it is going to 100x worse than the original Civil War.

It's mostly Star Wars and #1 issues for Marvel.
Next month will be their highest-selling #2 issue ever, thanks to the Hydra reveal in "Captain America: Sam Rogers" #1.

Civil War at least had a solid enough idea behind it.
Civil War II went full-retard right out the gate

Have we had any real villains shown up in anything that marvel has been shitting out not B list and certainly any A list left that hasn't gone miss understood handsome jerk or mellow out?

I mean jeez the only guy that has been an actual evil fuck has been arcade because I just don't remember any other event with you know a real villain.

Honestly I'm just getting tired of watching the heroes beat each other up over stupid shit.

This can't even looks in the eyes at the first Civil War.