DC board meeting

>DC board meeting
>Batman is our most popular hero so he is the one that should get most of our attention and support
>Other heroes aren't shown to the general public so most people don't know them
>Next board meeting
>It looks like the general public really only seems to like batman, because of this we need to promote him and give him the most support

They do promote other characters, people just bitch when they don't support MUH FAVORITE CHARACTERS.

Case in point people bitching about Cyborg, Barry, Hal, etc.

>Sir, it looks like The CW show, The Flash is the most popular show in CW history
>If my sources are correct sir I believe he is apart of the Batman universe, maybe we should give him more attention outside the comics
>I see your point
>We should give him
>his own cameo for a batman dad team up book or possibly even a line for the batman vs not batman movie
>Good going sir, you are showing how diverse and rich the batuniverse is

You mean as a side kick to batman for an issue/movie/episode?

No, he means people bitch about every other character because they're not the exact version of the one they like. Or they're "taking up space" for someone they like.

* Cyborg is an interesting new member for the JL, but he's mostly ignored (especially by Sup Forums) because he takes up J'onn's space

* Barry is intensely hated for taking Wally's place

* Hal is hated for being the poster boy of the Green Lantern brand instead of any other legacies (and they, themselves, would be just as disliked); same can/will be said with Baz/Cruz on Green Lanterns

* various Batgirls; various Robins; lots of people are autistic enough to literally not support a book just because it doesn't star their favorite Bat-family member

* You could even argue Wonder Woman gets a little bit of this, for her background getting changed in the New52 and people responding negatively to it (which may/may not be justified)

>culminating in Batman v. Batman

I bet DC could get people who don't normally read comics to check Midnighter out if they advertised him well

>He still thinks that the DCYou books failed because of advertising
open your fucking eyes and see that the normal costumer has shit taste

>Batman v Cyborg: Booyah Begins
>Batman v Shazam: Electric Boogaloo

Is he right?

this applies to every DC hero

>most popular show in the CW history
Literally means diddly squat

Why do casuals loe batman but hate superman exactly?

You are the casual.

You are the idiot confusing Casuals with normies.
Casuals HATE Batman.

>Nightwing
Like DC would ever give that character focus in a movie, lol.

let's forget all the animated movies, tv shows, movies that had nothing to do with Batman

I liked how DC Nation had two non-batman related shows (Green Lantern and Young Justice) but then threw it away for Teen Titans Go and another Batman centric show that they ended up abandoning. (They didn't even air all the Beware the Batman episodes)

They could have kept up the streak by staying away from another Batman show to make something unique.

>shows fail and get replaced

Green Lantern maybe I guess. It had a satisfying conclusion. But their was such a high demand for Young Justice Season 3. Especially with that ending, it was definitely not a failure.

And I said that even If they did replace those shows, they didn't have to do yet another Batman show and could have done something else instead.

>which is then continued in "Batman v. Batman, Turkey", complete with a climactic Bat-boat chase scene on the Batman River

>You are the idiot confusing Casuals with normies.
Out of context, this statement fascinates me. I mean this in total sincerity, what would you say the difference between a casual and a normie is?

>WAAAAH WHY ISN'T MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER THE ONE IN THE SPOTLIGHT: The Thread

some writers tend to make superman way too op which makes the character boring because the golden age supes/ allstar supes/ etc can k.o. almost all of his villains without much effort. and that makes the whole story a little less interesting. That's why they don't go full superman anymore NEVER go full superman.

also batman is more interesting because he has to know everything about his enemies and always be prepared because any goon with a gun or a knife could kill him. also his stories tend to be darker and more detailed.

casuals don't hate Supeman is just that WB can't make good products with him.
Same with pretty much every other IP they have.

>Same with pretty much every other IP they have.
WB have pretty much been "walking fuck ups - the studio" over the past few years. Imagine the shitstorm that'll happen if their Harry Potter spin-off doesn't do as well as expected

People just forge that even Batman failed in the public eye with Batman & Robin.
Or that Green Lantern and Superman Returns happened.

On the other hand Superman had a TV show that lasted ten years.

Not that user, but I'm similarly curious, and want to take a stab at answering you as a thought experiment.

So a Normie is a normal person. An average person who doesn't care about comic books much at all. Probably knows a few random names, can make a few jokes that reference pop culture comic stuff like Batman and Robin having a sexual undertone, maybe watched Batman as a kid in the first place.

A Casual is to comic reading like a poseur is to skateboarding. I'm probably actually a casual at this point since I'm so lapsed in my widespread comic reading. I don't really know much about the up to date comic scene save for what I absorb vicariously through Sup Forums, and I haven't been reading recent runs save for Multiversity. Casual is perhaps more derrissive than simply saying someone isn't up to date. It's implying faking a knowledge that you do not in fact possess. One manifestation of that might b,e as the previous user stated, the cycle of loving Batman, then being "too cool for him" for X or Y reason, then reading some fucking amazing character defining badass line for the first time and loving him all over again.

You nailed in on the head with normies.

Casual however is just a term used for elitism. For example, lets say someone saw Batman Begins in the early 2000s and loved it and decided to start reading Batman. They bought whatever issue of Batman was out at the time and at some point they were probably clued in to reading some really well known Batman stories from earlier (like Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Killing Jokes), but they haven't read something like O'Neil/Adam's run on Batman. This person who has been reading Batman now for over ten years says they're a big Batman fan, and most people would agree that they are a big Batman fan and are relatively knowledgable about the character.

Then Captain Autism-Personified who has read the O'Neil/Adam's run tells this person that they are a casual because they haven't read this thing. Therefore the person who has read x is the "real" Batman fan while the person who hasn't read x is a "casual".

There are people who are posers. But those people are usually movie fans. They'll say they're really into Batman or Captain America, or whatever but as soon as you start talking to them about stuff in the comics they either pretend to know what they're talking about (because the read some articles or wikis) or they'll flat out say they don't read comic books.

Nearly all movies in the last 10 years involved Batman.

there have been only 2 batman movies in the last 10 years

1 Green Lantern movie and 2 Superman movies too

>Batman v The City of Gotham - Class Action Lawsuit of Justice

The vast minority

There have been 3 bat and 2 non bat but the first nonbat was to promote bat.

that's not true tho

and? if those things did fine there would have been more, stop complaining about companies doing stuff that sell instead while still trying to push other stuff

Last 2 bat movies and BVS

bvs is a trinity movie and set up for the Justice League of course it has Batman in it

with that logic is also a Superman movie so we had 3 Superman movies in the last 10 years

>Batman vs superman isn't a batman movie
>BATMAN vs superman isn't a batman movie

except that's not what I said

Honestly people kinda have a right to do this. Like Cyborg. I don't hate him but he belongs on the Titans and I feel like someone else, maybe Zatanna, should have a similar push.

And Martian Manhunter needs to be in the JL movie instead of Cyborg. Sorry but if anything, MM is to the JL as Cyborg is to the TT. It's practically not even the JL or the TT without them, they're basically a family to each of them.

"Preparation Time"

I would love to see that actually. Just convoluted plans overlapping themselves. Manipulation and deceit; every hero and villain involved, just so Batman can defeat Batman.

>he belongs on the Titans
Fucking this. He's the straight man to Dick's boyish charm. There's a role reversal for Batman's protege from the World's Finest duo of Batman and Superman, with Dick playing the optimist rather than the brooding cynic. The Batman role is somewhat divided between Raven and Cyborg in that sense. But they all belong on the titans because they're the ones who earned that name. Access to the Justice League tech is one thing, and honourary membership for that matter, but I like seeing founding titans have a bit of pride.

It failed to sell toys and that's why it got made in the first place.

I'm hoping it happens in Rebirth with Batman v Ozymandias.

It would be fucking fantastic!

All three of them!

Enough with this meme

>dr manhatan "creates" an ozymandias to challenge batman in a smartest human vs smartest human conflict
>luthor saves the day in the end

could be fun, but it being ozy vs lex and bats saving the day seems more likely