What are some good iconic cape vehicles?

What are some good iconic cape vehicles?

heh

I'd argue the Batmobile itself isnt iconic, the concept is, as the Batmobile never has one distinct, iconic appearance or set of abilities.

The 66 show, Burton movies and the Tumblr are instantly recognizable to anyone, though. And even if it hasn't had a consistent design, people are mostly able to tell it's a batmobile from shared design cues.

>regurgitant sprayer

>I'd argue the Batmobile itself isnt iconic, the concept is, as the Batmobile never has one distinct, iconic appearance or set of abilities.

This guy isnt a retard and knows what he is talking about, not like other dumbasses

Its kinda weird to me that the most iconic element of the comic Batmobile, the bat face on the front, is rarely replicated outside of comics, especially the comics. Where as the comics tend to avoid using the movie/show batmobiles(maybe due to royalty rights?) and keep the bat face tradition alive. Even Frank Miller incorporates the Bat face in his ark Knight Batmobile, albeit heavily stylized. Its interesting to me that people who are more fans of the comic themselves than the media, including comic creators themselves, have a completely different idea of what the batmobile is, where as people who only really focus on other media tend to default to the Burton one or the BTAS one.

I don't know if it's "iconic" but I've always liked the X-Men's Blackbird jet. I always preferred the older version, though, which is basically a converted Lockheed SR-71 outfitted with VTOL engines and expanded passenger carrying capacity. Pic-related is the newer version, circa 1991/1992.

I cant tell if this is a sarcastic remark or serious.

Just because some details differ doesn't mean that the "Batmobile design" isn't iconic. You draw a black car with spiked wings on the back and that alone will instantly make anyone think "Batmobile."

That is to say nothing of the Burton, West, and DCAU designs which are incredibly iconic in and of themselves.

the new Batmobile is the BTAS Batmobile with the batface.

I love the batface.

The big bat face is radical as fuck. It's really weird how it never made it into any adaptation other than The Brave and the Bold cartoon, it's not really a case of comic book silliness, it's a big slab of metal that can be used for ramming and deflecting bullets, it makes sense even in the grittiests contexts.

>Just because some details differ doesn't mean that the "Batmobile design" isn't iconic. You draw a black car with spiked wings on the back and that alone will instantly make anyone think "Batmobile."

Except thats really only ever a feature in live action batmobiles. Most batmobiles are souped up supercars or convertables, only a couple notable models have wings on them. The most iconic piece of it, the one most seen on comic iterations is the Bat-Face-Shield.

>All these traced sports cars
Boooooo, how can an artist be this creatively bankrupt?

>a Ferrari isn't iconic because there are various models

keked and checked.

>Batmobile can be a 1930's convertable or a literal cast iron dick and balls (1992)

>Comparable to differing lambo models

Because the original description for the Batmobile was just that, just a souped up sports car a few years more advanced than other cars. It makes sense that comic wise, it'd reflect then-contemporary cars.

'89 Burton and TAS are still my favorite, they're big, intimidating, and they look tough. You even get a bit of that bat face if you look closely enough.

I disagree. There a couple of distinctive iconic designs.

the fact that it HAS multiple, entirely unique and distinct designs that look almost nothing alike is EXACTLY MY POINT.

You have no idea what iconic means.

Spiderman isnt iconic. Superman is.

The idea of the batmobile is iconic, but no batmobile is truly iconic

Kinda funny but fuck the haters anyway, the Invisible Jet is fine. The only real issue with it is that it's redundant whenever WW can actually fly, which is why I'm an advocate of taking away that power from WW permanently.

All the dipshit Superfriends jokes are dumb once you really think about it and the advantages a fucking invisible jet would have. It's a fucking superpowerful invisible jet.

Just because it looked ridiculous in Superfriends doesn't make it actually ridiculous. It's like Aquaman.

>Spider-Man isn't iconic.

The Mooncopter is underrated

The Pym-mobile is pretty neat too. Hank can't help but unconsciously create insane visions of mad science only fit for the hands of a super villain, even when he has innocuous intentions.

Where is the jet intake?

The way I see it Clark is already the flying brick of the team. Im fine with Wonder Woman just leaping really far like Aquaman does. The jet should make a comeback

Not really iconic but Im a sucker for Black Manta's Manta Sub

My nigga

Though honestly I feel like WW should have stronger natural abilities than Aquaman at least.

Same. Thought about posting it.

The original Star-Lord's ally, Ship, who was a sentient Cosmic angel who could alter the appearance of her body at will. She was originally a sentient star who's solar body was destroyed, yet her consciousness survived in an immaterial state until the Master of the Sun helped her to rematerialize and help Star-Lord protect the universe.

Well Aquaman is up there in terms of metahuman strength but yeah I agree Wonder Woman should be a step below Superman.

Here's her werewolf form

RIP ship

And then star-lord becomes a silly space bandit and this never happens. I miss their relationship. Shipping as a whole is complete and total cancer, but I kind of hoped they'd one day have some kind of reunion.

She was written off well enough in the Star-Lord tie in for Annihilation Conquest in the end though.

I contend that at least two of the batmobile designs are iconic. More iconic than most of the other vehicles in the thread.

Visually striking, instantly identifiable, very memorable.

That's a mispost but also iconic.

Also for your consideration of iconic Sup Forums vehicles. The Batwing.

I think he had a fully realized character arc from his early life as the Cosmic defender Star-Lord with Ship to becoming the grizzled veteran we see during the Annihilation conflict, to finally becoming Star-Lord again, but like this. I miss Ship too, and I would love to see them reunited, but at least her death had a significant impact on Peter's character.

Instead of just writing off his past history and pretending it didn't exist, this book actually built upon his history and developed his character from it. With the new Guardians books, it's just blatant slash and burn style tactics in order remold everything without any sense of growth.

Forgot the picture that I was referring to.

if anyone ever gets gotg out of bendis's hands the first thing they should do is bring this back

have her have a really bitchy relationship with mantis and gamora

I thought spiderman was pretty much the most iconic thing in Marvel's entire library.

Can you clarify what you mean?

Can this thread become just ships that we like? Because there is no way I could make the claim that Fantomex's ship is iconic, but I want to post it anyway.

Like, it made sense to get rid of Ship circa Annihilation because nobody gave a shit about star lord or had time to get invested in his talking ship, but now that he's the superstar leader of a movie-franchise superteam, he's (along with the rest of the GotG) a big enough deal to carry a sentient ship again.

>Boooooo, how can an artist be this creatively bankrupt?
So you're telling me a billionaire wouldn't get the latest best car and convert it into the Batmobile?

I like the Black beauty

>he's (along with the rest of the GotG) a big enough deal to carry a sentient ship again.
What's funny is if they had kept Ship during Annihilation the series would've been literally Farscape. It already drew a lot of similarities. But if they do it now, with how shitty nuGotG is, they'll just shit her up.

The 1989 comic book Batmobile is my favorite one on this list. I like a low, flat Batmobile

>ctrl+f
>no bug

You have failed me, Sup Forums.

She really could be resurrected at any time. It's in her nature to be destroyed and rematerialize.

Rover vs Bug, Hank Pym vs Blue Beetle. Who would win in this match up?

I think Hank would win, but Ted would get lucky and escape unharmed.

Only read part of Annihilation, so she's still alive somewhere for me.

Flying aircraft carriers are the coolest thing ever and I wish they were real.

>op asks for iconic
>aside from the batwing, the batmobile and the mistery machine not a single thing is iconic

>Machine that's used to carry a person from place to place
It counts.

The Helicarrier is always a fun one.

I wonder if anyone in the Marvel universe ever bothers to report a UFO sighting anymore?
"That's right, Sir, I saw something bat-shit crazy in the sky!"

Thor's chariot

Actually, the word "prosthesis" is the most apt description...

Bump

Your Mom.