Costume/Design Thread

Post your favorite costumes and designs
Is it me or are skirts ridiculously underutilized in costuming?

I absolutely loved Sin's Skadi outfit.

Skirts are a tool of the patriarchy and have been evil ever since names like [noun/adjective] girl went out of fashion.

That brief period where J'onn had four arms. It had the nice old school martian element to it that I liked.

Skirts limit the ability to draw the character as you can't really draw the character going through any movement that would cause the skirt to fall up or any angle that would show an upskirt. e.g. the character can't fall vertically or be grabbed by the ankle and yanked in a fight without it being sexual.

Even if you're not seeing any more than you would if the character was just wearing a leotard or whatever the fact that it's under a skirt makes it to some extent taboo.

I really like this costume.

It's for the same reason skintight costumes are the vogue. Cloth folds are hard to draw.

Pretty much like all her costumes honestly.

Unf I love this design

Sif's amazing too

Black Manta's design is so freaking cool.

She needs to make a comeback.

Best costume design ever coming through.

To bad nobody will ever use this Cyborg design. I bet he'd be much more popular if they did.

Skirts technically have been tools of patriarchies

Poor Cap. Unfrozen since the 60s and yet still so naive about certain things.

>cyborg with an actual haircut
Holy shit that's so much better instead of his stupid buzzcut

They're over-utilized. Woman wants to appear competent and professional..shows up wearing some bedroom role-play-looking shit that offers no protection and is distracting in a team situation. Bitch shows up dressed like she's looking for a fuck-buddy, not to protect the world.

Looks like shit, he's a CYBORG not BLACK DUDE WITH FUTURE ARMOR. Post the fucking screencap of that one user explaining why the Teen Titans Animated Series Design is the only Cyborg Design to actually work.

Wait...didn't the new run of Cyborg get a bunch of his organic body back somehow?

If they just recolored this into blue and red earlier, so that stupid vagina plate never happened, it would've been great Supergirl costume.

>Starfire's hair will never be this poofy again

I don't get the hate for the plate. I even see people say call it a diaper and I just dont see it.

Though I do think the rebirth outfit is better even though she won't have short hair anymore

Always loved 90's Jean Grey, especially this one drawn by jim lee

Sometimes I'm meh on it and sometimes I think it's awful, changing depending on the artist.

I think a big part of it for me is the bottom part doesn't 'line up' with the blue swimsuit part so it really does look like she stuck a whole new piece of fabric there.

The Teen Titans series design looks like shit.
And cyborgs don't need to look like a Tin Man to prove they're cyborgs.

It shouldn't work, but it does.

How do you fuck up a simple design? What a ugly costume.

That is a great costume. It's like space knight, but fucked-up and changed and edgy enough that it's a perfect fit for Phylla-Vell's weird brand of space crusader/pilgrim/GotG stuff. The asymmetry in it really works.

I'm a sucker for these knightly superhero costumes actually. Guillotine in the CoC comics has a similar, but more boring, design. I guess Faiza Hussein also has something similar. Who else is there?

I dont know
he looks like he could be some mook in a random street gang

The TT cartoon took away so much of her design.

>straight hair
>not tall
>pupils
>rail thin

Why does nobody but Perez seem to understand how to draw her?

That always bothers me the most when people draw Starfire with pupils

Kinda wish they had used the yellow suit for an episode, or at least presented it and had Matt laugh it off as being tacky. But his actual suit is sexy.

Best Mary Marvel costume. Hopefully the white makes a return whenever the Shazamily actually get an ongoing.

>laugh it off as tacky
>can't even see it
>MCU Matt
>laughing at anything ever

Does not compute.

Like, he puts it on and can hear the barely contained laughter of his outfitter.

Also, MCU Matt laughs at ton of shit.

The original MCU Ant-Man suit is one of the very , very few live action suits I have zero complaints about. It has that perfect balance between practical and kind of goofy that gives it a sort of old-school sci-fi vibe while making it look feasible and functional.

The Civil War suit is okay, but the old one is definitely the better of the two.

>cap biting his lips
Thicc

Close but no cigar

god no.

Spider-Man (Unlimited)
Superman (Batman Beyond)
Bane (Justice League Doom)

>not liking poofy hair
how does it feel to be everything wrong with this world?

Best Spider-Suit imo.

I don't care, I whole heartedly vouch for this shit.

I dig the fishbowl helmet and eye symbols

Is this a joke?

Theres a lot I like about this Batman design; the short ears, the rectangular bat-logo, the Arkham style gauntlets/material. I know Bat-suits tend to have their strong/weak points, but this seems like a good middle ground

The mask is very intimidating, makes up for her frame

more female heroes should have full masks

Also hair coming out the back of the cowl is fucking stupid, this is the only batgirl costume I accept

I even like the logo

The old black bolt design

My nigga

Kate's costume is so based.

Both costumes here but especially Dickbats. Easily the best Batman costume ever.

Also this is the best design Lex Luthor's EVER had so far as I'm concerned.

I like Priest's take on the costume better. The gold and black really suits his look. But I do enjoy also his classic simpler costume.

If we're talking Black Panther costumes, then this is the GOAT.

>Power Ranger Panther w/ surfer necklace

The door please.

>the perfect fusion between traditional African aesthetics and modern suit design
>essentially summing up Afrofuturism in one shot
Door's over there, breh. I'm staying right where I am.

Starfire with green pupils is cute and works with her whole deal of being friendly and inviting. And you still have glowing eyes for when she tears things up.

this guy gets it

Shame she was just a one-off. Didn't she get killed off too?

I've always liked Stargirl's costume a lot. Don't ask me why.

You have to keep in mind the Priest costume did this, but also appeared more simplistically complex(If that makes sense). The Priest costume was heavily based on Ashanti styling. With their magnificent gold fashioning.

>tfw you think your original character has one of the best costume designs in all of capeshit but you don't wanna post it because you'd just be shilling for your comic

They need to stop trying to fix Peeg.
Go for it.

>liking your own design

you dont say

That's cool and all but I think I prefer the MCU version. It's more stylish imo, plus I've never really liked solid gold on Black Panther. It looks kinda tacky with the solid black imo.

I didn't design it

you gotta post it now, man.

I want to fused these two together.

>she will never appear in comics again
;_;

Post it you dweeb, why bother mentioning it if you're not going to show it off?

Along with GL, the only New 52 costume design where the extra lines actually make sense.

Best mixture would probably just be Unlimited's mask on Last Stand's body, maybe give Last Stand dark blue gloves. A cape would kind of ruin Last Stand's jacket vibe.

i like unlimited symbol.

But it will look ugly on the jacket.

Its the queerest thing I ever saw. Why not just post it without giving us the backstory? People would have thought nothing of it and rated it normally.

Well ok, if you insist.

Put shorts under the skirt. I've been toying around with more feminine super hero outfits after seeing how Pre Cure make the girls look super cute and girly but still powerful at the same time. Jean Grey can fly and fights psionicly; Does she need to wear a skintight body suit or can she wear a dress of some sort?

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Yeah really, just man up and post your OC my guy.

I think part of it is having a god tier artist during the first run but yeah I too like the yellow lines. It helps break up the red.

The only problem I have with the MCU is I want a mask that he pulls onto his face when shit his the fan. It could have some future tech hardening into what we have now.

Fan art/redesigns are allowed here yes?

The style and all seems cute. The design itself if take out of the style seems like it'd be a bit bland but the style seems so simple that it might be more interesting design when more details are shown.

Sure why not.

This Medusa costume