What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30R3C3FFRE8
adultswim.com/videos/moral-orel/beforel-orel-trust
vimeo.com/54203934
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some damn good writing, I tell you what.

A happy marriage.

An animator masturbating over the groundbreaking concept of a closeted gay man existing

The deconstruction of the stereotypical churchgoing family, while still being very true to the purpose of religion and keeping one's faith even in adversity.

Yeah call me when you've finished Alone.

Then we can talk.

Shut the fuck up Boco.

I actually binge watched the whole series. I was not fucking ready for season 3.

Yes sir...

None of us were. Fuck man, that soundtrack though.

Got me into the Mountain Goats.

Between that and the story, this series was totally worth the time it took to watch it.

Shame we never got to see some of the storylines flourish.

FUCK ADULT SWIM

SEASON 4 WHEN

I'd listened to the Mountain Goats here and there prior to watching Moral Orel but nothing hit me as hard as No Children in Numb. That whole sequence (and episode) was fucking perfect

Did you watch Beforel Orel and the "lost" episode, too?

youtube.com/watch?v=30R3C3FFRE8

Did you watch Beforal Orel? I really liked his bonding with his grandad.

I heard Season 3 is darker than the first two. How dark we talking?

morel oral season 3 episode 1

People die

I wish I could say I'm an Orel, but really I'm a mix between Clay and Bloberta.

It's like night and day Sup Forumsmrade

Spoiler free version: It delves deep into the worsts parts of the worst kinds of people. Depression, alcoholism, abuse, etc. It's definitely a drama that doesn't pull any of the dozens of punches it gives you, as opposed to the first two seasons being light-hearted satire. You'd probably feel shit harder if you grew up with your parents fighting all the time.

With spoilers version: The abuse Orel faces is shown in a way with almost zero comedy to take away from it. One of the side characters is revealed to be a psychologically broken woman who is terrified to trust people, lives with disabling PTSD, and wants to kill herself. Alocholism is shown in a very brutal light. Lots of people feeling completely dead inside. But the ending is somewhat happy and optimistic despite all that.

I AM DROWNING
THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND
YOU ARE COMING DOWN WITH ME
HAND IN UNLOVABLE HAND

I HOPE YOU DIE
I HOPE WE BOTH DIE

Literally the only episode ive seen is the one where Orel jacks off on a bunch of people while they slept

Dont give me that shit

AND I HOPE YOU DIE

His wife was so shit she made him go gay. Alternatively, she made a gay guy fuck her, so there's that.

>I haven't even watched the thing you're talking about, but you're wrong

don't you have a tropes vs. women episode to be making, ms. sarkeesian?

I didn't realise these two were a thing. I just watched Abstinence since you liked it, but now I have to find Beforel Orel somewhere.

Do you mean the one where Orel doesn't want to sin by wasting his sperm so he uses a frosting bag to inseminate women while they sleep?

adultswim.com/videos/moral-orel/beforel-orel-trust

The Evangelion of anime.

Yeah the show took a drastic and dark turn. Would never have seen that coming from the first few seasons.

Alternatively, if doesn't work, try this: vimeo.com/54203934

Actually starts at 1:00

Damn, I really wish we saw Orel's grandfather in the series. Shame that there's probably not going to be any more episodes.

The Eva of western animation you mean.

But yes that would one way to put it.

The greatest season of any show to ever air on Adult Swim

I was Orel when I was younger, but I'm more Putty now

Saw him in Clays flashback episode.

There was a series of episode planned for season 3 that had Orels grandfather having to move in with them, then dieing and Orel becoming depressed by it.

I wanted to die when I first watched it. But I wanted more

The show was about the facade that religious puritans put up and how they're really living lies and breading hate and self loathing. All this without actually being anti-religion or anti-traditional family in the end, if you watch the whole series and see how Orel turned out.

Has anyone checked out Trent, a side project Dino is doing?

It's a musical comic with songs by Scott Adsit, and Dino plans on making it a feature some day, giving it the same Season 3 feeling even

so are you supposed to hate Clay or pity him?

So dark that it didn't get the other 3 seasons they wanted.

A fucking great song is what you just heard.

>people actually feeling bad for the nurse in Alone

How the fuck would I know, you idiot?
I'm not your mom, I wasn't looking over your shoulder when you watched whatever you did.

Why would you ask such a retarded question.

Skip dumb, it sucked

> Being anti-traditional family
> Bad

nice try

I pity and hate him.