So have been rewatching the Friday the 13th series and just finished "Jason takes Manhattan" and now I want to just...

So have been rewatching the Friday the 13th series and just finished "Jason takes Manhattan" and now I want to just talk about the series here with you guys.

So what do you think? Do you believe that there is something to Crystal Lake more than Jason? Perhaps it is the lake itself? or even the Necronomican

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xu43SbqQMAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What'd you think of Manhattan? Most underrated one imo, only 4 and 6 are better.

Trying to shoehorn supernatural nonsense into the series nearly killed it off...which you'll see soon enough in next movie.

"Jason Goes to Hell" is the worst movie in the series, somehow even worse than the one after it which includes a trip to space and a mecha Jason.

Honestly, you could've stopped after 7 and missed very little.

I want to say Manhattan was definitely the best of the post-death Jason, but only for the over the top cheesiness of it all. it kind of goes back and forth between that and 6 for the post death movies.

Jason X is one of the better ones in the series if you have a sense of humor. Jason Goes to Hell is trash though.

Most of the movies are good if you have a sense of humor, Jason X is just stupid and cheap looking. Looks like a scifi television movie.

Final Chapter and Jason Lives are the best I think.

Manhattan had a lot of potential and it could have been great had Paramount not forced them to cut the budget and stay of the cruise ship instead of spending more time in NYC.

The Necronomicon is in Jason Goes to Hell. That movie is absurd but I enjoy watching it for how stupid it is.

Not a fan of Jason X at all. I find Parts 1-3 a bit mediocre - they just feel like mildly entertaining generic slasher movies. Parts 5 & 7 are ok for what they are.

Freddy vs Jason has its moments but is mediocre overall. The reboot/remake also has some good stuff but overall is pretty lousy too.

Part 3 is my personal favorite, but overall I think 6 is the best.

9 is horrible though, worst of the series. Even 5 is better.

Why did they make Jason look like shit when unmasked? I know he is a zombie by this point, but still...

I think it had to do with him being under water for so long. I don't hate the look, but it's not one of the better ones.

>best of the post-death Jason
So I assume you haven't seen Jason Lives?

I haven't seen the movie in probably a decade but didn't he get acid in his face right before that?

>being this autismo about shit flicks made only to seperate horny teens from their money

youre hopeless son.

>Part I
Classic albeit derivative slasher. Considering the absolute tidal wave of forgettable slashers that came out during this time it must have done enough right to remain memorable.

>Part II
Not really straying much from the formula laid out in the original, still an above average slasher.

>Part III
Bonus points for picking up immediately after part II but the surprises were really running thin at this point. Began to ramp up the viciousness, the chase at the end was relentless and Jason took a beating. Personally, this is my guilty pleasure because I didn't realize it was filmed less than 10 minutes from my house...which I discovered while hiking and coming across the abandoned set. Funny story: years later a lost hiker came across the cabin (which was built specifically for the movie) and tried to start a fire in the non-functioning fireplace. Whole cabin burned to the ground but the barn is still there.

>Part IV
Objectively the best film in the series. Took everything the first 3 films laid out and executed it to perfection with a ton of unique little flourishes. Arguably among the best slashers of all time. Lots of characters but it does a good job of getting the audience to care about them. Doesn't really drag anywhere and the effects are flawless.

>Part V
Admire them for trying something new but nothing was going to top V. Felt like they realized this too, so they threw in as much tits as they could to compensate.

>Part VI
The franchise tries a new direction (over-the-top frankenjason) and this time succeeds. Also, this was the first big(ish) budget for a Jason movie, so it looked really good. Comedy went through the roof, so it's a bit polarizing for some.

>Part VII
Violence was neutered. Bigger budget with some good fx shots & Jason looked great. Introduced a supernatural element was interesting but not really sure if it was effective.

>Part VIII
Budget destroyed what could have been the penultimate Jason sequel.

Everything after that was awful.

>Necronomican
Evil dead & Friday the 13th crossover when?

Most of the movies are irredeemable shit, and the good things about them tend to be ripped off from other shit anyway

2 > 4 > 3 > 1 > remake > FvJ > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > Hell > X

2 is only my favorite because of how much I fapped to Teri as a kid. FvJ is rated so high becaues it's dumb but much better than we deserved given how bad and forgotten both series got by that time. 5 is rated above 6 because tits. Tit nostalgia will always win for me.

Thanks for the rundown user, I'm going to watch these with some friends soon since I saw part 2 once when I was a little kid and need to see the rest

Just finished the first three films myself, downloading 4 now, seems I'm in for one more treat then just downhill.

Post the tits in question please

What's the one with the hitchhiker getting knifed in the neck while eating a banana ? Is that part IV?
Anyway it definitely was my favorite when I was a kid, me & my brother must have rented ot a dozen times at the videoclub back then.
Manhattan is objectively one of the shittiest but again nostalgia makes me like it.
That said I thought Jason goes to Hell was pretty cool though lots of people seem to shit on it.

>Tit nostalgia will always win for me.
Then I strongly suggest you watch Sleepaway Camp 2, maybe the slasher with the most tit shots in it ever

>or even the Necronomican

Technically yes. The Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics say that the Necronomicon gave power to Jason and keeps helping Freddy back into the mortal world so that it can cause more suffering and fear among mankind.

Jason is a deadite, Freddy's assisted by deadites.

Already happened, see They're alright. The art is bad in a surprisingly tolerable way if that makes any sense and the story's zany, but it's fun and we finally get to see classic horror's iconic hero beat the living/undead shit out of its two iconic villains.

I thought everyone loved Jason Lives.

Easily my favorite Friday the 13th movie

>"Jason Goes to Hell" is the worst movie in the series
Bull fucking shit, its a iffy f13 film but a damn good body swapping horror film with a great cast.

You people are delusional, 8 is fucking awful by FAR the worst of the series.
Worst make up for Jason, most missed opportunity, most misleading selling point, most asinine nonsensical ending.

>Even 5 is better.
Nothing wrong with 5 besides Tommy being a near vegetable for much of it.
Fuck ton of kills, best nudity of the series, among the best final chases.

Because they are retards, part 7 had the best make up of the entire series and was the 1 movie were Jason was scarier with the mask off and so it makes this garbage even worse.

>Worst make up for Jason

get the fuck outta here

It's not my favorite, but I like it a lot nonetheless, which I'm pretty sure is the most common sentiment. People who don't like it are probably just contrarians.

> 6 > 5 > 9 > 7 > 2 = 3 = 2009 > 4 > fvsj > 10 >>> 8
Only reason 4 isn't equal with 2, 3 & 2009 is because I personally didn't like the cast as much.

Outfit & body he was ok, I was talking face-wise...

why doesn't he rape the girls haha

Oh 1 goes right behind 10 for me.

BEST JASON

Jason Lives is tame. No nudity. Tame gore. Bunch of kids.

Was at a horror convention recently that C.J. Graham and Steve Dash were at. Someone had a Roy Burns figure for sale with a sign saying "Get it signed by real Jason actors" and I got a little triggered on the inside.

Is it implied his mom committed all the murders in the first movie?

>implied

Have you watched the movie

Implied? No, it's expressly stated and even shown. She tells the audience that she did it all too in the final monologue.

Final Chapter is the best Ft13th -- and probably my favorite.

>2 > 4

While I don't agree with this -- since I would switch them -- I can appreciate someone liking 2 that much. It has an eerier vibe -- especially with the shrine with Pamela's rotting head.

Jason goes To Hell is a fun 90s horror movie, but shoe horning Jason into it was a mistake. Nothing about that movie feels anything like a F13 movie. It was a fully written and greenlit standalone horror film, but then they got the rights to Jason and lazily wrote him into it at the last minute.

If you go into Jason Goes to Hell with no preconceived notions it's great, imo. Just recognize that it totally fucks the lore and compartmentalize it apart from all the others. I him early think if it was a standalone film it would be seen as a quality 90s horror gem alongside From Dusk Til Dawn and the like.

It sucks that Jason Goes to Hell has one of the best looking Jasons but he only has like 5 minutes of screen-time.

I can appreciate experimenting with the franchise, but you're right: it didn't feel like a Ft13th movie.

Unmasking Jason AT ALL was a mistake. It should've remained always a mystery.

Part 6>Part 3>Remake>Part 1>FvJ>Part 2>Part 4>Part 5>Part 8>Goes to Hell>Part 7>Jason X

Honestly though, the only film in the series I dislike is Jason X. I know you're supposed to find it funny, but it just comes off like people didn't care. Half the kills are off-screen or boring, and the series was never really stupid enough to warrant a sequel in space.

As to OP's original point, there was a Friday the 13th comic, I think called Bad Blood, where it showed Crystal Lake in colonial times having problems with a Native American slasher who was disfigured and had his family killed by trappers. The Native American slasher's kills mimic Jason's, which sorta just implies that Crystal Lake is an evil place that compels people to go crazy. Kinda like the Overlook Hotel minus the ghosts. I kinda like the idea of it just being a haunted setting, and Jason is its most powerful avatar.

>Everything after that was awful.
FvJ is great schlock you pleb

Manhattan is legitimately awful, even within the confines of the Friday the 13th franchise. The whole film is an exercise in wasted potential.

If it had a bigger budget, it might have been decent but they tried to do it on a shoestring and it resulted in an embarrassing mess.

Was he gonna kill the loli in Part VI? Why did he hesitate?

There was a bunch of fuckery going on behind the scenes from a shitty producer that ended up fucking over the movie. The original version delved pretty deep into the Jason mythos and his family but a lot of it was cut and re-written.

No 7's make up was even scarier then the hocky mask.

>Do you believe that there is something to Crystal Lake more than Jason?
One of the comics had the lake be some sort of The Grudge where all the rage of dead indians ghostfucked the place up with Jason as its vessel or something.

>Part 3 is my personal favorite
>Part 3
Happy to see 3 gets some love.

This is after he had acid thrown at him though, probably a little less messed up before that.

Not my favourite Jason film, but this is my favourite look.

Pre-mecha Jason from Jason X is a great look also.

The 2009 remake did the coat thing much better.

yeah no

Tbf, you're not wrong. I forgot about the 2009 film.

Underrated kino coming through.

Fuck Marvel and DC, this is the cinematic universe I want.

>there will never be a Freddy v Jason v Myers v Ash

Just kill movies.

Top tier mask.

Yeah I like the way it makes him look like a looming harbinger of doom that he actually is.

No idea why the cancelled the sequel they announced a while back. Would of been great timing with the new game getting popular...

looks way too fucked up even for a mangled zombie, also... are those two noses he's got here?

No

God no

2009 is great right up until he kills the first group of kids. I liked that it was set up like you're being introduced to the characters you're going to follow around for the next 2 hours, then they all die 20 minutes in. The part with the guy in the bear trap was satisfyingly brutal.

It's all downhill from there, though.

Agreed that FvJ was ten times better than any of us expected. FvJvA was my dream movie. Evil Dead is my favorite film. I'm hoping that with the new show Evil Dead is popular enough to maybe bring back the movie idea.

I don't think Myers would fit in, though. He's a bit outclassed in that fight and too similar to Jason. I think Freddy, Jason, and Ash would be perfect, but if they really want to bring in another movie baddy maybe something more like a straight monster would be good. The Jeepers Creepers monster might work. Maybe Pumpkinhead, but I don't think he's well known enough.

>I don't think Myers would fit in, though. He's a bit outclassed in that fight
I don't see how, he is more resistance to injury then Jason, Jason is a zombie, Myers hasn't actually ever been killed despite taking just as much if not more damage then pre zombie Jason took to kill him.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xu43SbqQMAo

Damn I don't read comics but I might read that one for based Ash.

Whats the jump off point where horror series jump the shark? I'm thinking movie 4

Part 9 was so bad that Jason X retconned it. You should always put 9 at the very bottom of any tier list.

It varies. Friday the 13th jumped the shark with VIII.

Hellraiser did it with IV.

Halloween did it after H20

A Nightmare on Elm Street did it with 6.

You can't pinpoint it with accuracy.

I wish they mad him bald in the movie though. having the hair seems so out of place.

This is what faggots think. You're not a faggot, are you?

>jason goes to hell is not him going to hell and fighting demons
DROPPED

Reminder that the scene you posted ended with him going into a coma for a year, while Jason shrugs off similar barrages like they were nothing (See Jason X where the future security officers open up on him with machine guns).

Probably Part 8, to be honest. It's essentially a bog-standard Friday the 13th movie, but in a new location. Seems like the point they started running out of good ideas.

Part 3 is like, the proto-typical movie in the series. Nothing weird, no gimmicks, just Jason killing a memorable group of campers.

>Unironically likes 9
your bullshiting

Part 9 is fine as a horror film, just kind of a shit Jason film. It's at least not as fucking insulting as Jason X is.

best kill

Grimy Jason is really cool looking. It's my favorite hockey mask Jason.

This is exactly why I don't like the remake's design.

Anyone else fucking love the remake? It's basically F13: Greatest Hits edition with slick production values.

>Remake the original f13
>Jason is the killer and not his mom

At least it had GOD TIER sex scenes

It's shit.

It's not a remake per se, it's more like what this guy said . They basically combined elements from the first four movies. I like it a lot.

I don't think he was going to kill the actual kids, he was just more curious than anything. Like he saw a child and reverted back to being a kid again.

Honestly, it's probably the best slasher remake out of that weird craze. It changed just enough to make the formula feel fresh, while not changing things so much that it no longer feels like the original. It fits right in alongside the original series, and I'm sad there was no sequel.

I liked it much more than I expected.

That was actually one of the concepts for Freddy vs Jason that got tossed around.

And he would've killed them easily if he wanted. He didn't.

Yeah, I'm under the impression he never had anything against actual kids, just the teenagers and adults who wronged him.

In fact, I'd be mad if they ever changed the story line in a new movie and he killed children. It would be out of character for him. Unless the kid was like trying to fight/kill him like Tommy Jarvis.

The actor for the 2009 reboot was a great choice, hopefully they use him again if they ever make a sequel.

Same reason Kane Hodder refused to shoot a scene with Jason kicking a dog. Jason may be a relentless murdering pyscho but he's not an asshole.

Well he's basically mad at teens fucking like his mom in the first part.
Just jealous he never got some I reckon

>it's probably the best slasher remake out of that weird craze
The 03 TCM was better but yeah it is up there, My Bloody Valentine also.

The Hitcher remake was also surprisingly good.

He tried to kill Tommy Jarvis in Part IV, also he killed that 15 year old girl in one of them and even an unborn babby in Part III. He also killed the dog in part 2 and was scripted to eat a dude's pet rabbit.

So Zombie Jason isn't an asshole but Alive Jason was.

Tommy I'll give you, but I don't remember that 15-year old (and besides, teenagers are in his kill range) and he had no way of knowing that girl was pregnant.

Best Girl

Can't take this series as anything but garbage (except when it embraced the hokey) after seeing psycho and Halloween, it just ripped off those shamelessly

Hockey Jason is a goddamn Myers ripoff

Best girl in worst movie