Penny Dreadful

Is this any good?
If not why?
If so why?

1. No
2. Directionless, mostly wasted potential, lots of arcs that get no conclusion

It might be, if you can get through the first five or six episodes without dying of boredom. I personally couldn't, so I don't know if it gets good or not.

Was one of the more captivating tv series of the last few years. Was telekino for the most part but not without its flaws (there was one forced plotline in S3 which sucked) and the ending, though wrapping most things up was unfortunately rushed.

But there's so much to like. Visually, it is very impressive and the acting was incredible. The Vanessa-centric episodes were my favourites and the ep which centred around her and Rory Kinnear's character was incredible. It was pretty much a two person play in which they acted circles around every other show on at the time.

Also, there was a small but dedicated following here on Sup Forums that made for some for some great threads and lively discussion. I miss u bros.

I watch it for based Eva.
Dalton is good too.

Josh Harnett's character is useless and that fat Frankenstein faggot is unbearable but it has it's moments

Third season is written like dog shit.

>this
trust me when I say this OP, the ending to this show gives nothing but massive blue balls for what should have been had the shows creator not got bored and decided to end it

this, well done show all around

Yes
I like the setting and the actors were good, storyline was pretty decent too I though. It ended abruptly but this show will also give you a lot of boners.

>that fat Frankenstein faggot is unbearable

He was the most kino character

Season 3's second half tanks the entire series. Eva Green isn't nude enough to make it worth watching in the end.

Dorian Gray was the most useless character in the show
It's like they just toss him there for the LXG audience in the first season

It pissed me off, he could of been cool if they didn't make him pussy whipped. He didn't even seem that self absorbed, he should of been vain as fuck instead of constantly trying to impress Eva greens character and then Frankensteins bride or whatever the fuck.

This. He should have been a pompous dickhead that borders on villainy but can't really commit to it.

A lot of plebery here, it's britishly paced and has themes that don't thrill children especially.

Good people chewing up the scenery if that's your thing.

boring

nothing particularly original in terms of the creatures/classic characters

This. I started watching it expecting horror stories per ep or a supernatural whodunit but it's just a badly-written soap opera.

>Being british is tossing in unneeded gay scenes, tossing in completely useless characters that never pay off. Ruin what could have been a great season 1
>continue to waste the show with exception of 1 or 2 episodes next season and the entire 3rd was an abortion from start to finish

Pretty decent acting, but the story got so shitty in S3 I had to stop.

Eva Green tits are always nice.

1ST season is good till it goes off the rails and becomes an exorcism show. i lost interest in s2 after that.

>Josh Harnett's character is useless
Was the character itself useless or Josh's acting was just terrible ?
Cause i really like Josh Hartnett and want to watch the series because of him and Eva Green

Bit of both, really.

>lying on the internet

watch the entire exorcism sequence between him and eva green, it literally put the show on the map

Eva did that well enough on her own. Josh is ok.

Was he bad ? i remember watching most of his movies when he was still fresh and hot and enjoyed almost all of it particularly 30 days of night and Hawk Down

the user is lying, a lot of people tuned into that series because of him he just doesn't like him and isn't honest about his bias

Did you forget the part where he kicks everyone out of his house in what amounts to a "This is getting too militant SJW for my liking; BORED NOW", and betrays Lily for acting too much like a stupid mortal?

I like him just fine. There are just far superior actors in this show.

Yeah I remember but to little too late imo. He should of been the epitome of vanity and self absorption, it's what makes his painting so fucking ugly.

Just watched an exorcism scene between him and Vanessa, he's still great.

You see what I mean about the other user's bias? he's trying to play it off but that's problem, not his acting. If anything his acting has gotten better since he lost leading man status

its was a good show def worth a watch if u like steam/mud/hobo england
but for me it was a bit of a let down
1st couple episodes where they gather the "crew" give the vibe of "csi 1890 britain"
it had the director, the girl, the muscle, the doc etc
i was sad to see the entire 1st season was just 1 tiring chase
i gave up mid season 2
>also
we'll never get a spinoff of peters trip to africa or the witches life in the hut ;_;

yes, and no, people bitch about the ending but I think it was better to end t where it was, theirs an episode in s3 that might be some of the best television ever produced

Anyone else think the writers didn't think far ahead with the new season?
>Season 1
>Van Helsing shows up mid season
>expecting epic battle between him and Dracula
>randomly killed by Frankeinstein for no reason in the same episode

>Season 3
>Final boss shows up, it's the real Dracula
>Catriona Hartdegen befriends Vanessa
>expecting HG Wells time travel shenanigan
>she turns out to be a vampire hunter
They literally just swapped Van Helsing with her

>I think it was better to end t where it was

it's pretentious film wannabes like you who ruin film and tv for the rest of humanity

>Penny Dreadful
>it's gothic horror
>Marvel Noir
>they're penny dreadfuls
The world is really fucking stupid.

I think most brit writers are gays or girls who don't care about plot/story but focus on relationship drama.

it was the show was already starting to drag they clearly didn't know what they were doing out side of vanessa and wolfmans stories, it was her story it finished, can you imagine them having 3 more seasons without her? it would have been shit, theirs more then a few arcs I would have liked to see resolved, but i'd rather at least one get a good ending then endure years of mediocre shit

The guys who hate the show stopped watching and don't care about the ending. The gays and girls who like dragging relationship drama (to them it's not dragging they love talking about every little detail like what she said how she said it and what she wore while she said it) and continued watching the show are the ones who complain about the ending. Clearly, they would love 3 more seasons of the same.

so plebs, eh don't care it was honestly the best ending possible after all the stupid shit they pulled

So I watched this when it came out, I caught up with S2 and started on S3.

What the fuck is the point of Dorian? In S1 he was there to give Vanessa something to play off, but in S2 his story has no fucking relevance to the plot what so fucking ever and now in S3 he's just there to cuck Victor.

What was the point of him?! Is there some big reveal coming?

no he's pointless, so s dr jekyll btw, the only story that matters is wolfman and venessa

his introduction scene was kino
speaking in soliloquoy

they waste alot of good characters with cheap on screen deaths.

they fuck up the entire story season 3 retroactively

some shows are too good to let themselves be perfect.

considering centuries of material of each character was available to exploit.