Why haven't you watched this doco KINO Sup Forums ?

Why haven't you watched this doco KINO Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvLsslFEv7k
theredpillmovie.com/screenings/buy-rent-stream/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

T-THEY STOLE OUR WORD!

It's illegal in my country

What shit hole do you reside in?

What do you mean? You haven't watched it, have you?

Australian theatres are dropping it
here are some smug retards trying to interview the director about it
youtube.com/watch?v=xvLsslFEv7k

cassie is so cute. there's an interview where she can't pronounce anonymity, and another where she can't pronounce ostracization. i think i love her

Aussie here

Our media and news networks are just as left-wing biased as usa

yeah her interview on the project is just as bad

>MSM
>left wing

kek

saw it. wasn't as revolutionary as people are trying to make it seem.

>your movie is shit and mysoggyknees
>didn't even watch it
Jesus Christ, even CNN would at least watch the movie so they could take scenes out of context.

It's literally the first mainstream film to talk about men's issues.

Even just mentioning "hey, our boys are being abandoned in education and society is happening and a very bad thing" is controversial shows how fucked up things are.

fucking christ that was bad

Thank fuck I don't watch any free-to-air here at all.

I always thought that UK was the country of the freedom of speech, opinions, etc. since it's the anglo who invented liberalism.

UK is Orwellian as fuck now.

i get that, but it's not like it's an eye opening jaw dropping documentary directly correlating feminism or men's rights to a solution. it just shows how feminism is screaming loud enough to mask the voice of men's rights activists. it's like bowling for columbine; michael moore wasn't looking for a solution for mass shootings or quelling illegal firearm use. he just made a movie that examined the american gun culture. it wasn't revolutionary despite the concise flaws it points out in american culture.
just because it's controversal doesn't mean it's good. blackfish is a pretty much god tier examination of sea world's abuse of animals and unprofessional approach towards their trainers. it spun controversy to a level that made some people boycott sea world and its subsidiaries. but nothing ever happened to solve the issues pointed out by the movie. tilikum lived in his tank in solitary confinement until he died in january of this year.

>inb4 documentaries can't be revolutionary
exit through the gift shop is a shill of a flick and generated both love and hate for banksy himself. because of that documentary though, street art as a whole benefited immensely. without it, we would never have known about an art subculture that has a global breadth of influence on the art world.

>be american
>be male
>be born
>be circumcised
>have 1 in 7 chance of being zombiefied by ritalin as a child
>be forced to sign up for the draft if you want normal citizens rights
>be 99.99% of military combat deaths
>have 11 times more chance of dying at work
>be 77% of homicide victims
>have to pay on average double the taxes women do
>have 50% chance of being divorced
>have 85% chance of losing child custody
>be 97% of alimony payers
>be three times more likely to be homeless
>get double the prison sentences women do for the same crimes
>be more likely to be raped in prison than a woman is on the outside
>kill yourself at 5 times the rate that women do

>UK
>Australia

fucking hell, that was embarrassing. I haven't watched free to air in years, and after seeing this I'm glad.

because its not on torrent

Exit Through the Gift Shop emphasized the commodity fetshism of the art world and in particular "street art".
Street art was a big deal before that film came out, the absurdity of Mr Brainwash taking off after the film was again an inside joke against the whole established art world.
If anything the Doc killed street art by highlighting it as a "trend" in art so blatantly.

Perhaps I am alone in my foreknowledge of street art before the film came out but street art was a growing Art medium since the early 2000's. To say this Doc benefited street art is deceptive because the overall intention I believe was Banksy showing us how fucking stupid people are for buying shit that's created for free...on the streets. Also how easy it is to copy paste a style of art and become popular through piggy backing of some names hence mr brainwash.

So what will you do about it?

Fuck trump and fuck white people

There are great scenes where you see her feet

>>be forced to sign up for the draft if you want normal citizens rights

wait wut, amerikeks do this?

I think he means mra stole the word redpill.

Yeah, all dudes sign up for the draft. they send you a card when you turn 18 and you send it back.

That news show doesn't deserve to exist. What an embarrassment.

>expect it to shit on men per feminist status quo
>instead feminists shit on it for not shitting on men
And anyone who actually watches the movie wouldn't have a problem with it either way.
Why are people so prepared to be assblasted?

fucking hell

I'm really ashamed to be Australian right now.

I don't think any of these feminists even watched it. The documentary highlights the issue of feminists crying so loud to the point where MRAs are humiliated and ridiculed for pointing out men's issues...and the feminists are proving that that effect exists from their reactions and actions taken against the documentary.

What the fuck

>i get that, but it's not like it's an eye opening jaw dropping documentary directly correlating feminism or men's rights to a solution. it just shows how feminism is screaming loud enough to mask the voice of men's rights activists. it's like bowling for columbine; michael moore wasn't looking for a solution for mass shootings or quelling illegal firearm use. he just made a movie that examined the american gun culture. it wasn't revolutionary despite the concise flaws it points out in american culture.
Has it occurred to you that you don't think this documentary is anything special because you already know the subject inside and out? Sup Forums is not the intended audience, normies are.

So most Feminists are massive fucking retards. I never would have guessed.

I did, and it's actually really good and eye-opening. I'm a lefty, but I've always considered myself just an egalitarian and thought MRAs were just the male version of feminists. Seeing this film and then looking further into MRAs made me realize that the men's rights movement isn't nearly as bad as feminism is.
Seriously, go watch this. It's on Amazon Prime now I think, or you can stream it elsewhere.

Also pic-related is an actual quote from the movie. And it's not some tumblr SJW, she's a really important feminist leader.

Holy fuck that is stupid.
All this delicious irony and it's so far over their head it might as well be the moon.

What a fucking embarrassment

Anybody who has ever wondered why there is a men's rights movement or can't understand why MRAs and feminists don't get along needs to watch this film. The director was a feminist who wanted to expose MRAs for being misogynists, but once she learned about MRAs and feminists she stopped calling herself a feminist

Oh wow do we have the director of the Matrix in our thread?
kys, "red pill" was being used before Sup Forums even existed.

Sweden?

They even debunk that notion that only women get beat up in domestic violence situations. Women are *slightly* more likely to be the victims (33.3%) than men (25%) but feminists act like "lol men getting beat up whatever"

I honestly believe this movie is a huge tipping point I'm the gender wars. It's finally bringing these issues mainstream, and normies are learning that men have issues too and that feminism is a load of shit.
This is the beginning of the end for feminism.

>trying to validate your poorly educated view this hard

woah... so this... is the power of drumpfkins

theredpillmovie.com/screenings/buy-rent-stream/
in case anybody wants to find out where you can stream it

what are you talking about? The film is getting mainstream coverage of serious and important issues that have never received mainstream coverage before. It is giving attention to a movement that has previously only been subjected to lies and slander in the media. It's exposing feminism, a popular and influential movement, as the hateful cult that it is. This is absolutely groundbreaking and will have HUGE impacts.

This. Feminism can't recover from this. Men's rights is going mainstream, feminist bigots are exposed for what they really are. Feminism is about to crash hard

I'm a Bernie Bro who very reluctantly voted for Hillary. Warren Farrell, the leader of the men's rights movement, endorsed Hillary and donated to her campaign.
Hillary was extremely sexist though, so yeah a lot of people who support gender equality were obviously put off by her. If she ran against anybody but Trump I wouldn't have voted for her

because the feelings police wont let me watch it

the video diary stuff was shit
and it didn't really have any substance - I heard a little bit about most the issues and didn't get any new insight by watching that documentary

I saw it, was pretty hard hitting for me and made me think less of Freedom-Land. Things aren't nearly as bad in the UK for men.

>Things aren't nearly as bad in the UK for men.

lol

yeah sick one, have a bump

This SJW shit has penetrated far deeper into America than any other country. It is the birthplace of it, after all.

anglos are about economic freedom

>In a traditional German toilet, the hole into which shit disappears after we flush is right at the front, so that shit is first laid out for us to sniff and inspect for traces of illness. In the typical French toilet, on the contrary, the hole is at the back, i.e. shit is supposed to disappear as quickly as possible. Finally, the American (Anglo-Saxon) toilet presents a synthesis, a mediation between these opposites: the toilet basin is full of water, so that the shit floats in it, visible, but not to be inspected. [...] It is clear that none of these versions can be accounted for in purely utilitarian terms: each involves a certain ideological perception of how the subject should relate to excrement. Hegel was among the first to see in the geographical triad of Germany, France and England an expression of three different existential attitudes: reflective thoroughness (German), revolutionary hastiness (French), utilitarian pragmatism (English). In political terms, this triad can be read as German conservatism, French revolutionary radicalism and English liberalism. [...] The point about toilets is that they enable us not only to discern this triad in the most intimate domain, but also to identify its underlying mechanism in the three different attitudes towards excremental excess: an ambiguous contemplative fascination; a wish to get rid of it as fast as possible; a pragmatic decision to treat it as ordinary and dispose of it in an appropriate way. It is easy for an academic at a round table to claim that we live in a post-ideological universe, but the moment he visits the lavatory after the heated discussion, he is again knee-deep in ideology.

It's seeping over here. I'm hearing more and more 'white-male' slurs, and the tranny worship can only spread like incurable disease.

Oh sweetie, no.

>Palace Kino
So are you faggots the ones who invented that shitty meme? Not surprised

Why is this trash being spammed here? Is it viral marketing?

t. butthurt white knight

Judging from this movie, Canada is the worst. Some of those people at the anti MRA protests weeeeeew lad

Canada, especially Toronto, is very bad. And Australia had several theater showings of this movie shut down by feminists.
UK is more mixed, MP Phillip Davies just got reelected despite being publicly anti-feminist and regularly talking about men's issues. He even convinced Parliament to recognize International Men's Day.
Also, Prime Minster Turnbull (Aussie) and Trudeau (leaf) are feminists, and Obama was too.
Regardless of your views, to is a groundbreaking documentary and is one of the most important docos of the last decade. It's pretty popular, #1 documentary on Google Play for several months. >drumpfkins
Actually a ton of MRAs are liberals, a lot are even former feminists. And this movie was made by a feminist (who stopped being a feminist after making this).
Drumpfkins don't own the phrase "red pill"

when you register to vote you register to fight at the behest of the globalists.

I watched it

it spends a good amount of time making a very strong case for real issues being left unadressed by mainstream feminisms, and takes great pains to say "just because there are some crazies associated with men's rights, doesn't mean it should be dismissed out of hand" and finds worthwhile, defensible points in objectively reprehensible attention whores like Elam.

Then it immediately falls into the exact same trap and starts perpetrating the exact same bullshit that it claims MRA's are the victim of, by trying to paint all of feminism as a monolithic evil and demonising its proponents.

They specifically show that even an abbrasive, questionable public figure like Elam who trades on drama has some points of interest to offer and then when the time comes for them to show who's on the other side of the debate they present them as absolutely indefensible trolls.

The movie disappointed me in that way, because it ensured that the genuinely necessary conversations it claims to want to start (about men in the legal system especially as relating to parental rights, for example) will continue to be ignored by association.

what did you think about it, OP?

Childless versions the documentary. I got better stuff to do like drive my lambo and sniff gal gadot's underwear

back to leftypol

lol what?

Perfect Description. Well Done.

>feminism
>not evil

Because 'men's rights' is something that isn't being challenged right now so why do I care?

I honestly think it's a good thing that no one cares about men complaining. It reinforces my sexist views that we still have traditional gender roles and should abide them. Men shouldn't complain about stuff and women shouldn't be useless whores.

When you ignore the complaning men it just gives strength to my prejudice.

Do other countries not have forced conscription? Cuz yeah in the US males still have to register. It was last used in Vietnam, where things of men were forced to go for simply for being male.
All part of our male privilege!!!

Why are jews so evil?

>things
= thousands

OP here. I disagree since she does interview many feminists (from Ms. magazine and such). It's just that everyone she interviews on that side comes across as way less sympathetic since they are either shrill or smugly dismissive of anything MRA in general. Or the one guy that thinks MRAs are all misogynist assholes despite seemingly never having a conversation with them to hear their grievances. The thing you have to understand is that liberal causes (and conservative ones too to be fair) are dependent upon money from both independent and corporate donors so a lot of these information peddlers have to adhere to a certain narrative in order to exist. No funding, no organization, and Mr. and Ms. Feminist loose their jobs.

The MRAs who hate women are extremists. The feminists who are anti-male are leading feminists. Katherine Spillar and Michael Kimmel, two of the feminists in the film, are big names and not extremists SJWs by any means. All feminist organizations are anti-male. I live in Canada, where our feminist PM just said that he's giving almost all foreign aid to women, while men/boys get nothing, and feminists celebrate it.

Look at the reaction to this film from feminists. It's a hate movement user. It's not fringe feminists that are the problem, the whole movement is shit

she has pretty eyes.

Many countries have forced military service which often lasts up to a year without any real pay.

I don't know user good thing you're here to fight them

Luckily feminism and men's rights are largely irrelevant issues in society, which is why politicians almost entirely ignore them

>she

lol, hope you're being sarcastic

Shalom.

You're an idiot.

Feminism is cancer.

Wait until you're old enough to have children and you realize that if your wife leaves you, she gets the kids

Is this movie about Laci Green and how she took the redpill?

>MRAs for being misogynists

As a Doctor, I can confirm this.

I have a friend who is a lawyer and they told me that the gender bias in custody is a total myth. The bias is actually on employment. Keep crying, bitch nigger.

Because they feel powerless.

I too have anecdotal evidence. My friend is a lawyer and says that the gender bias in custody battles is true.

Until the Vietnam War draft American men who could be drafted who weren't even old enough to vote.

But we're supposed to feel all bad that women weren't guaranteed the right to vote until 1920.

>Then it immediately falls into the exact same trap and starts perpetrating the exact same bullshit that it claims MRA's are the victim of

Not true. Feminists have established credibility that goes largely unquestioned exactly for the reason you think is "bullshit," they coalesce into a monolithic order and demonize their opponents. The kino in question has no ability to demonize them back because it doesn't represent an unquestioning social order. The order has been questioned. That is "the red pill."

what I'm saying is the interviewed feminists are treated completely differently than the interviewed MRA's

The MRA's who hate women are indeed extremists, but Elam is actually one of those extremists. It's not something you'd know just from watching this movie, because the doc (constructively) chooses not to portray him as an unhinged and hard to deal with person, but instead focuses on the parts of his position that make sense.

When they go to the feminist side of the table, no such concessions are made. They try to portray themselves as just looking to open a dialogue, but disproportionately choose not to allow the viewer to see the equally real issues that attract people to feminism in the first place. I think this is counterproductive, because it means any viewer who consider themselves feminists feel unrepresented in this portrayal and see it only as an attack.

I actually am saying exactly that the movie does a good job of pointing out that MRA's are treated as a monolith, and demonized, and that this isn't conducive to a healthy dialogue. I'm 100% in agreement.

What I'm pointing out, though, is while they're making that point they literally make the same mistake towards feminism. People aren't drawn to these groups, Men's Rights or Feminism, by trickery; they find their way into them because they perceive issues in their surroundings and want to work towards addressing them. Until both sides can accept that of each other, all "debate" around these things just sounds like point-scoring and name calling. What was most disappointing was by taking this position they ensure that people who are already MRA's can nod their heads and ask "why don't those people see these obvious problems" and people who are already in the feminist camp can shake their heads and dismiss this as another propaganda attack and in the end we're all just sitting here with the very same problems never actually entering the mainstream public discourse.

This is a movie about men's issues so the discussions with feminists focused on that, and the fact that feminists (not just extremists) want to sit down discussions of men's issues, refuse to admit that men have real problems, and that men are also raped/abused.
Feminists and MRAs agree on women's issues, so the film focused on what they disagree on and why they are enemies: Because MRAs support equality and feminists don't

Stop with this false equivalence, the film portrayed both movements the way that they are. MRAs are not against women's rights but feminists are against men's rights

>Reddit Pill

As true as stuff like this is I hate seeing it.

Because it reminds me how much the world sucks.

This
>Brother tries to preach me the Redpill gospel and tells me about the threads on reddit
>Flip through a Redpill book he has
>"Act like an asshole and who doesnt care and women will flock to you. Act more macho than you are so you can intimidate other men."
Kooky shit.
He was an alchoholic for years who had just gotten out of jail, so I guess he gets a pass.

There's no false equivalence being made, I'm just talking about what the movie is doing.

It says
>MRA's aren't just a bunch of detached and dellusional men
>MRA's have legitimate points that need adressing
>MRA's get treated like a big group and refuses to acknowledge the legitimate issues it raises and it is destructive to the public discourse

which are all important points to make.

unfortunately, while making it, it also makes the very same mistake and treats feminism like a big group and refuses to acknowledge the legitimate issues it raises.

If the point was to get people talking to each other so we can finally actually start talking about these issues with the intent of fixing them, then this was a mistake.

If the point was to just create another piece of media that will widen the divide between people's discrete experiences to open the door for point scoring on an issue that should be universal but instead will be politicized so it can be exploited into Yet Another Us Versus Them "Debate"™ then job done.

My disappointment with the documentary came from assuming they were trying to do the former and coming away with the impression they were shooting for the latter.

The legal system's issue when it comes to parental rights is real and needs to be addressed.

The problem of public resources and support groups being disproportionately available to victims of abuse and the like is a real issue that deserves to be addressed.

I think both those issues are deserving of a movie that can actually be used to raise awareness and affect change, and I was frustrated that this one came so close but took the easy path so readily.

t. bluepilled cucks

I'm not used to seeing actual discussion on Sup Forums. This is jarring!