Voltron: Legendary Defender

Talkback Thread #17: Do Not Sexualize The Paladins Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kG2tAAj0X-4
youtube.com/watch?v=yTpYiCEvgbE&t=511m0s
obscene-sacura.tumblr.com/post/145928265867/it-was-a-great-night-but-next-day-lance-almost
hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/autumnsacura/432321/Voltron-Legendary-Defender---cute-Haggar
archiveofourown.org/tags/Voltron: Legendary Defender/works
fanfiction.net/cartoon/Voltron/?&srt=1&r=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If we don't sexualize the paladins than what can we sexualize?

Ginger butler and the rock people.

The entire Galra empire.

>Norman Reedus played himself in that one filler episode

other human beings, who may or may not want to be sexualized

fucking cancer, yet again

Are you forgetting where you are, user?

Here's a (you), since you are fishing so hard.

New episodes when? December?

So who's the Castle mole leaking all the info to Haggar? Shiro? Keith? Coran?

shut up and talk about Allura's cock

Shiro's arm maybe? Since it's weird Galra tech.

>filler
What did we get out of that ep? That Alteans make it a rule to help everyone and the Galrans are bad news for a lot of people? That Lance is ruled too much by his dick? Hunk has a crush on Rock Girl and also isn't as much of an idiot as he seems?

Most of that could've probably been addressed in less than half the time or put into other episodes really.

Haxus and Thace aren't too bad actually.

Nah, they're not. I like quite a few of the villains designs, there's a couple who could definitely get it.

Maybe those two are going to come back? But yeah a lot of the characterization in that episode felt like it was retreading old ground. We already know that Pidge likes robots, Hunk is good with tech, and Lance is a perv. And the actual Balmera episodes did a better job of selling Hunk being less of a coward anyway.

It furthers the political bickering subplot between the military and the druids, that each is acting against each other to curry favour from Zarkon.

Maybe Yeun can get all the Walking Dead people to do guest spots. He's known them for years.

Pidge and Allura /ll/.

Shiro's ass and balls visible through his tight suit.

Pidge and Lance getting it ooooooooooooon.

It also established how Prorok commands differently from Sendak. For some reason, I can't see Sendak using bounty hunters.

Prorok seems a slightly more reasonable guy than the other Galra commanders we've met. Still probably a bastard, but a bastard you can cut a deal with.

Voltron needs more of that great 80s synth in its music:

youtube.com/watch?v=kG2tAAj0X-4

So far the music hasn't been great.

I can only hope it's Coran so they'll get rid of that buffoon.

I also like that Zarkon isn't a total idiot who kills his commanders all the time just because they screwed up.

Yeah, his comments about pardoning them seemed to indicate that, but who knows. He may claim a "pardon" then wreck their ship after getting the lion. With his vocal disdain for the druids and the possibility of his second in command Thace letting Voltron go on his command, he comes off as more underhanded.

you know what would be kind of messed up?

If the Galra soldier that brought down the shields really was Lotor; it's just that his dad forces him to maintain that form because he's ashamed that his son is half-Altean. in reality, it's because his actual pretty boy form reminds him of his mother too much.

So he's been stuck looking like a batman Sasquatch for thousands of years.

I'm not sure it was Prorok's command to lower the shield. His last command heard onscreen was for the ships to concentrate fire on the lions/ship. Which is what he wanted to do to begin with, wipe them out with superior fire power. I think Thace (the subordinate) was acting either on his own or on behalf of someone else.

It was probably the Castle corruption brought about by the Galra Crystal.

He killed that one guy who failed to catch the Paladins on Earth.

He opened fire on his own ships and HQ while he was fighting Keith.

Did he?

That's very possible. I need to give the show another watch through to catch some more of this stuff. I just breezed through it really quick.

I wonder if Shiro dies not because the Galrans wreck his shit, but because Haggar gets ahold of him and finishes the process of converting him into a Robeast Kaiju, and the rest of the heroes are forced to take down their beloved commander as a Mercy Kill.

youtube.com/watch?v=yTpYiCEvgbE&t=511m0s

Reminder this is Shiro's future when they trash the Black Lion so they can give Voltron the "mid season upgrade" they mentioned before.

Maybe Shiro dies in battle but they retain him as a character on the show by preserve his consciousness in the memory tubes like they did with King Alfor. He's too valuable as a character and knows too much for them to just throw him away at this point, unless it's late in the show.

Yeah, this guy.

I thought he had him turned into a Robeast.

He was dragged away, I don't recall him being executed.

Well, it could be interpreted as he was gonna be executed, since Zarkon made some comment about weakness being an infection that can't be spread or something. But it's also likely they sent him off to the druids to be experimented on.

#GarlaLivesMatter

That's a lot more likely scenario. Even if they're not good enough to do what Zarkon asks they can still be made useful some other way.

Why is Shiro so cute?

Because he's actually a nice guy, and fun. He's not super serious all the time.

I'm more noticing how sinfully tight his clothes are.

That one Alien chick who tied Lance to a tree.

allura

obscene-sacura.tumblr.com/post/145928265867/it-was-a-great-night-but-next-day-lance-almost
Already done.

Is it just me or is there a bit of a Halo vibe from the Galra tech? Especially the ships.

Must be all the purple. Who's the mech designer for the show?

The interiors remind me of the Decepticon warship in Transformers Prime a lot.

So did the Alteans have a whole fleet of those castle ships before they were defeated by the Galra?

If they did it would really beg the question how the hell did they loose?
Sure they didn't summon Voltron at the time, but that castle ship has shown to be able to take on multiple Galra ships, not to mention any Altean soldier is capable of perfect infiltration and also strong enough to rip space steel apart bare handed.

Well the Galra have the druids. Who seem to have the power of the fucking warp at their command.

Keith: I'm going to be the hotblooded rookie with something to prove.
Lance: WOOOOOOOOOOOnoticemeShirosenpaiOOOOOOO!!!
Keith: Okay. Maybe I'll be the sassy one who has his own personal stake in the fight.
Pidge: Hey, guys. I just wanted to remind you, that I'm not really in this for your revolution, but to save my family. Peace!
Keith: ...maybe I can be the one with the Love Interest.
Hunk: Hey, Keith. Check out this card I'm gonna give to Shay. It's a picture of me , but on the back it says, "Thank you for spooning this."
Keith: God damn it, Hunk.

I'm really curious where they get their powers from and if they're even the same species as the other Galrans.

I wonder about the Galrans too. Like how this guy and Zarkon look different from the fuzzy Galran dudes. Are they all even the same species? Is Galra just the name of the empire?

>Haggar messes with Allura's portal
>They all end up in Slaanesh's pleasure palace.

Isn't Shiro a bit too perfect? I mean, the guy hardly has any flaws, and even then there's a reasonable explanation for those.

I cant help it, Pidge is C-C-Cute, Cute! I want to tussle her hair and call her four eyes, machining her think I'm bullying her and then surprise her with a reach around and tell her she is brilliant!

He has severe PTSD.

Not every character has to be cripplingly incompetent or a stupid asshole. He's fine.

>Must make lewd NSFW Haggar a meme!

hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/autumnsacura/432321/Voltron-Legendary-Defender---cute-Haggar

He's a basket case pretending he has it more together than he does for everyone else's sake. I expect he'll unravel a bit more next season.

funny you don't post the CS Carrriers because that's what hit me straight out off the bat when i saw the ships all decked out in purple lighting with the lower piece sweeping back at the bow

I wonder why penis ships are so fashionable.

They're aerodynamic and penetrate giant vagina wormholes really well.

easier wormhole access

>I expect he'll unravel a bit more next season.
Same here. We already started to see the cracks in his seemingly perfect persona during S1.

I don't think he's perfect so much as his brotherly nature makes him look good as a supporting player in other characters' arcs like Pidge's. He's a better leader than anyone else because of his experience but he's clearly not good enough to keep Voltron from getting bodied anyway until one of the other Paladins comes up with something better.

Great now where's the whyboner lewds of Zarkon?

Most likely all that talk about his robot arm and how its the strongest part of him will lead towards something. Possibly he'll lose it or be forced to take it off which will keep him from being able to pilot anymore, and Allura will take his place, and his character arc will involve realizing that he can still be there for the team even if he can't fight.

What are the odds of a time travel episode?

Is it me or does Sendak look like Tatanga from the Game Boy Comic by Valiant Comics.

if this was aired weekly, would you still follow it after the first episode?

though I'm just salty that my internet is on and off potato mode and I'm stuck at episode 7

probably, I didn't really get hooked until episode 4 but i need something to fill the void in western animation left by Korra

Finn the Human is now officially with a non-eldar space elf monarch with shape shifting powers.

Sokka is also now with his moonfu

Any decent fan fiction out? I have a craving for more Voltron.

Who is the most good-looking Paladin?

archiveofourown.org/tags/Voltron: Legendary Defender/works

fanfiction.net/cartoon/Voltron/?&srt=1&r=10

Have fun.

Pidge.

The music reminds me a lot of the Dynasty Warriors soundtrack. Cool but forgettable. I could totally dig some 80s synthwave in here.

>Lance seems conflicted the whole time

Working on it.

Why doesn't anyone talk about her sky dive from the Balmera finale?

best girl

I think it'll get torn off when he's stranded and alone with his lion. Lion then builds him a new one with a built in Bayard lock or something.

so I had a idea to salvage Keith.
listen
Keith is A girl
or
a galra spy
or Allura's half brother, or the descendant of him
or secretly the leader of the rebelion
or the son of Hagar
orShiro+Pidge son from THE FUTURE

I like the last idea

Don't fucking do this to me you faggot; I didn't want these emotions this morning.

And now I ship it...thanks for making me a faggot too.

Gao

I want her to become part of the support staff. Show ends up having a Star Trek backend.

>It's fanart of the entire gang
>They don't draw Coran

Poor guy.

Enough with the Druids!

Where are all the Galra Warrior Women?

From the way Allura looked in the armor we may have seen a few already just not picked up on it.

I mean she didn't put on a voice during her talk with the other Galra dude so they may be actually quite common.

nani