"It all came from nothing"

>"It all came from nothing"
>"There's no evidence of God"
>"It's all a random accident"

How can anyone seriously be an atheist at this point? An agnostic, sure, but a full-blown "There is no God" fedora-tipper? There's just no excuse except for a personal hatred of God.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoW8Tf7hTGA

Not necessarily, but why would a personal God be a more valid explanation than any other hypothesis?
True.
>It's all a random accident"
Probably yeah. Imagine if there were an infinite number of universes and a small fraction had the necessary constants to give rise to life, ours would have to be one of those Worlds since we're here talking about it.

define "nothing".

define "God".

>"It's all a random accident"
define "random".

>How can anyone seriously be an atheist at this point?
Because we're all rational adults with no need of infantile ghosts and demons haunting our world.

You're a huge faggot

lack of anything

Agent of Administrative power.

Random is a selection of preprogrammed options varying results.

True said britbro. People can no longer denny awesome power of Perun!

>"Humanity seems like a good idea. Let's create the Sun, Earth and so forth and make them."
>"Oh, and an incomprehensibly vast, distant, dangerous and sterile universe alongside that."

why not a deist?

atheist rely too heavily on science to answer questions, they can answer questions on "what is", but not "what should be"...

>Hurdurr durr things cant just come from nothing fucking atheist fedora tippers
>Huh? God? Well yeah he was always there you fucking idiot
I mean I'm agnostic here but I'm fucking sick of this autism tier fucking argument from religious people, "Oh something can't come from nothing, unless its my god of course" fuck off retard

I don't hate god.....just the idea of god.

The problem is that most humans cannot escape from the god=special man wizard equivalence.
If the Universe itself IS God, then by all means. There is a God.

It just doesn't give a flying fuck about us, it cannot give a fuck about anything, we are not special for the rest of the universe, we are like a nanosecond of shit.
And all of this is still not a reason not to enjoy life (and hate the jews) :D

yea i'd say atheism is just reluctant nihilism. Rationalizing can only explain so much but if we talk about how it all started its just as convoluted as a big man in the sky. I'd say both sides are wrong in their own way and the creator has no interest in our daily lives.

>Atheists believe we all evolved from Rocks

It really is ridiculous when you think about it OP. The most ridiculous point is that they dismiss their own sentient - conscience mind as proof that there is a God, or an uncreated creator. no self-worth makes them think these unnatural thoughts, or as you say, have a personal hatred for the creator.

>"There is no God" fedora-tipper?
Look, there are plenty of gods. Literally thousands of them. So there must be some reason you don't believe in Ra or Zeus. Odin created the world, so did Gaia and Pan Gu. You have a creation god? Great, toss him in the stack with all the millions of others.

>There's just no excuse except for a personal hatred of God.
There's just no excuse in the current year to imagine one, either.

Perfect, thank you.

The christcuck shilling was getting on my nerves.

That's what creationists believe, fuckface.

Edicated people accept the singularity as the origin of the universe.

You have incredibly shit standards for "proof".

so you are saying your infinite expansive conscious/sapient mind is nothing. the miracles you see around you everyday are easily dismissed. out of the cold expanse of space/time, this blue marble is happenstance that random occurrences caused. we evolved from rocks that appeared out of nowhere basically?

Yes, self conscience. That`s it Sherlock, we cracked the case.
Stupid scientists couldn`t see it. But alas. we have self-conscience and therefore there exists a Christian God.

How can you not see the logic behind this Sup Forums ?

I am now a Christmissile.

>we evolved from rocks

Literally how the fuck do you come to this conclusion, religionfags?

Straw men, straw men everywhere.
There is no other way to prove something that has yet to be proven by either side.
But Sup Forums is beyond reason. They will attempt to prove to you that, which not even the "creator" itself has thought of.

how so?

> "It all came from nothing"
Quite literally it all came from "nothing".
but it all hangs on what you define "nothing".
is "nothing" this literal negation of "anything".
or "nothing" is just a synonym for "unknown".

> "There's no evidence of God"
again, depends on what you call God.
If "god' is a white old man sitting in the clouds, then no, no evidence.
but If by "god" you mean, our nature, our common environment, the universe, (as many greeks and many more since did) then just look around for as much proof as your ever going to get.

> "It's all a random accident"
again, what do you mean by random?
Random relies on an understanding of what is "not random" or "ordered".
Random, implies no order. The universe is Exactly the opposite in reality. Its "laws of nature" are consistent, by definition.

> "lack of anything"
then by logic you can deduce than its impossible for anything to come from nothing.
Your using absolute terms we can't define.
next step would be then:
can you define "anything".
And does this include this we have not defined yet?

> Agent of Administrative power.
Who says this is the definition of "God"?
If it is, you can't prove the diffrence between.
"Not acted yet" and "Never going to act".

> Random is a selection of preprogrammed options varying results.
"God doesn't throw dice".
If you roll all this back, and play, it would all happen EXACTLY the same way.
no idea what this really says about free will. but there you go.

>why is creationism more valid explanation?
THATS THE POINT
For the last 20 years or so creationism has been the laughing stock of the scientific community
atheists on Sup Forums keep acting like creationists are the attackers
atheists are the attackers and they've been winning for years just by saying
>you believe in RELIGION?
>lol what is this the dark ages?

meanwhile there is absolutely 0 logical reason or evidence that makes creationist explanations of the universe any less valid than atheist explanations
it's only discounted on the simple basis that it's religion because religion is stupid
why? because its religion and "magical sky faries don't exist"

Considering God wasn't created there is literally no problem with saying this. We have real world examples of this being a very real possibility. Matter cannot be created either, so how does it exist? Always has, same as God.

>why not a deist?
Because there have been millions of gods and no one believes in them anymore. Accepting such and obviously fabricated answer pushes us farther from the truth.

>atheist rely too heavily on science to answer questions,
No, that's false, too. We can suspend our disbelief, use our imagination, fantasize and daydream all we wish. However, the people who cannot disengage from such irrational have broken from reality and are suffering from a kind of delusional psychopathy.

>they can answer questions on "what is", but not "why"
No, it just puts out a nonsensical answer to prevent us from following our natural curiosity and really asking the WHY question.

>typo/autocorrect
was that really a 6 sentence response to a typo?

Still not proof.

No one is saying "it came from nothing", non-religious people are saying "we don't know how the universe started, and the assorted middle eastern shepherd theories are probably not correct - let's wait until a more reasonable answer presents itself"

fucking moron

It`s always the easy way out.

>"Well gosh, I can`t think of a way x can be possible so another entity I worship must be behind it, it is the only logical way."

We have not achieved that much as a race in the scientific fields to jump to philosophical conclusions like that.

it's your belief, you should explain it.

as i understand it you believe:
Nothing->Rocks->single celled lifeforms->humans

so please fill in the gaps for me, what are the steps inbetween rock and humans existing?

Well shit, not a native speaker, but both of us understood each other very well to avoid pointing out typos as logical arguments to prove a point.

first of all, checked. second of all, your entire argument of "depends on the definition of what 'is' is." is grade school level retarded.

i'm sorry it messed up your translator program there. it really does amaze me that we are now 3 replies (over 10 sentences) into a type discussion though. is this the level of intelligence of ALL latvians?

>it all came from nothing

I don't see what's so controversial or confusing about that statement. Is it really unbelievable?

>Atheists believe we all evolved from Rocks
Evolution hypothesises that organic matter formed from proteins and amino acids that eventually became complex enough to constitute life. Evolution then ensued to create all life on Earth, perhaps more than once. Take in mind this happens over billions of years. How the universe was created in the first place is likely a mystery we'll never answer, but it's just as likely to have always existed than for a god to will it to be. We can predict what the universe was like milliseconds (or so) after the big bang and prove science by observing nature and the universe. A god is not so easily proven. Consciousness is NOT proof of a god because of it's inherent nature. Consciousness could simply be chemical impulses in your brain, or it could be a soul, it's not something we've absolutely proven. Besides you can only be "certain" of your own consciousness, everyone and everything else could just not exist or they could have no free will. We may never know some stuff however a god doesn't fill that gap, it just relabels it with another unknown. (I'm actually agnostic but I prefer science and rationality to religion and emotion)

Reminder all atheists ultimately believe in steady state theory and push it whenever possible.

Christian priests proved genetic inheritance and hypothesized the Big Bang. Atheists take all the credit and claim they disprove God.

If you truly rely on intellect and reasoning for your stance there is no possible way you could be an atheist, and no possible way you could subscribe to ancient interpretation of the unknown.

Agnosticism is the ONLY logical position you can take, you should be able to reason that what you know and can observe shows no concrete/direct evidence for the existence of a deity, but at the same time be reasonable enough to realize that there is so much unknown to us about the universe and we can't possibly concretely/directly deny the existence of a higher power either. According to reason, there is both a valid truth to the existence and non existence of a higher power. It is possible there is none, but it is ignorant to deny the possibility one exists.

On another note, taking ancient peoples interpretation of such a higher power and applying it as fact and truth is ignorance in and of itself. By all means trust your belief that there could be an overbearing power, but why are any ancient peoples interpretations correct?

You misinterpret completely the evolutionary theory, there is not a straight line of steps that lead to what we have now, but rather a tree of different chemical combinations that have formed throughout time to create different structures of matter. Rocks are made of certain elements that have bonded, and have nothing to do with the bonding of elements that created the first single-cells. From there it is mutational trial and error over billions of years that has led to the life we have now, Rock's are still just inanimate chunks of aluminum, calcium, iron, but mostly silicon.

Let the souless and wicked suffer pls

>we' re all just inside somebody else' s head.

This is it, right?

It did. Now kys christcuck.

> millions of gods
millions of interpretations. all shit. all made by man.
in reality, only ever one god, the god, God, our Nature.

> WHY question
Why does a tree grow?
Why is the universe here?
There are lots of Why questions that don't make sense in the context of science.

> school level retarded.
coming from a burgerfag this is quite funny.
of course philosophy HIGHLY depends on definitions.

"The universe is ordered, its the mind that is in chaos".
If the big scary universe doesn't make sense to you, is it:
a, the universe is somehow broken, or...
b, its you mind and "muh definitions" that are fucked up.

More than happy to argue a point.
But need to at least make sure what we're both arguing, or it just gets more confusing.

as i've said, depends on the persons definition of "nothing".
Some define nothing as "negation of anything", which means "everything came from nothing" is impossible.

which god should i believe in then? quite a few to pick from 2bh.

i like how the pic you attached implies that denying God and reveling in your own pride means you are the only one who asks questions.

>implying almost every major scientific accomplishment post-enlightenment wasnt discovered by a Christian.

you can thank a lot of Christians for the knowledge you have, pic related. also, i like the tumblr file name. fitting.

Agnostic here, I would with certainty argue that no religion holds truth.

The idea of beings or creators, as possible as anything else, they didn't help form any of the religions that have taken place though. Rich organisations which sate peoples person existential fear and sadness.

Your own.

>he is actually defending it
so atheists believe we evolved from Rocks that appeared out of literally nothing?

/thread

please explain how nothing explodes into something
>creationism isn't better
isn't a scientific argument
science is supposed to have evidence and hypothesis for all explanations and it discounts anything that doesn't have evidence
something from nothing is so far proven to be impossible according to the natural rules of the universe

>No one is saying "it came from nothing"

The religidiots actually claim their god came from nothing. But hundreds of years of being on the defense and having a shit hand of logic cards has taught them to turn the tables on non-beliebers - make them prove there ISN'T a thousand or so gods.

It works occasionally, but then they get their asses handed to them by thunderf00t on youtube.

if that is gods brain then we live on a single brain cell and are destroying it

under this model we are a dangerous infection that if allowed to spread to other cells/planets will eventually grow to harm god

if you love god kill yourself

Develop a 'picture' of the most likely suspect. Go find the suspect.

>we all evolved from Rocks
Only you said this.

Thats the point I was trying to make, if god can always exist so can the singularity that formed the universe, we as humans have difficulty comprehending something having no beginning but it is possible heck its probably the only rational answer

Why don't you believe in some dipshit indian blue lobster 6-armed elephant god?
Take the logic you've applied to the umpteen-thousand other gods and apply it to your own
Of course the existence of god could never be definitively proven or disproven but all these assholes acting like their brand of semitic abrahamic religion that stops at just the right prophet is the one true religion is annoying

the fact that he denies the God of his people, of all people, especially in the west, this blessed civilization the white man has created and gifted to the world... it just screams that he hates himself, he hates his ancestors, he is ashamed of being white... most of all it says "hey i'm 15 and a rebel... take that dad"

>OP conveniently ignores posts like these and simply trolls with shit b8

0/10 thread OP but you're getting lots of bites so keep on posting that bait I suppose.

>since you believe in an abstract deity, why don't you believe in a non-abstract and chthonic one?

Think before you speak.

If you're white and love your ancestors so much why do you worship a desert tribe jew god and not the European gods your ancestors actually worshipped? Cuck.

Even reddit is less shitty than Sup Forums nowadays

If you think there is a god then kys retard

scientific theories have testable hypothesis. abiogenesis doesnt. the big bang doesnt.

none of these are testable. fiction. fairy-tales to use their own childlike insults. if we allow non-testable theories... we should get some theories from the alley drunkard, they are equally as valid.

arguing semantics is literally sophist tier pleb shit

Why did God created niggers?
Explain

>it's your belief, you should explain it.
You can't explain anything to irrational simpletons whose cognitive abilities are so severely damaged.

The spectators lurking see on the one side the primitive minds desperately trying to sell their nonsense as somehow believable. They think they've somehow "won" if they keep repeating the answered questions and refusing the correct answers. They're not bright enough to realize how they embarrass themselves.

And on the other side we see the intellectuals who have the ability to think rationally and understand science. They answer the questions with the hope that one day the simpletons will finally grasp the concept and stop embarrassing themselves.

My understanding is that even if there is a god, he's a cruel bastard who enjoys humiliating the belieber-idiots for our entertainment.

>claim their God came from nothing
no. God is an uncreated creator. he always was. beyond times dimension.

please explain how non-living molecules just magically "evolve" to the point where they self-replicate and then continue to "evolve" (because random particles have the need to become more complex right?) until it becomes DNA and then proceeds to magically create life
- this is the current "scientific" explanation (see: RNA world)

and don't give me that
>muh God of the Gaps
meme because science is supposed to use the most reasonable explanation available and creationism is the ONLY reasonable explanation why inorganic molecules would just randomly turn into organic molecules
I don't see why creationist explanations can't be used until another more reasonable explanation is offered

>cuz magical sky faries don't exist
isn't an argument
you don't get to discredit something just because you personally think it sounds unreasonable

Why do I have to explain it? Please explain how nothing explodes into something (but with a magical sky daddy at the beginning).

>science discounts anything that doesn't have evidence

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you literally don't even understand the scientific method. Back to third grade with you.

this is your belief though. it's laughable i agree.

>nothing exploding into something is a testable hypothesis
nope try again

Actually, the Big Bang is testable and falsifiable.

Consider it like a crime scene. We don't need to repeat the crime in order to look at a broken window and get prints off it.

Same is true here. There is cosmic background radiation which is indicative of the Big Bang. However, ultimately the Big Bang was less an explosion and more a singularity that spread out to form spacetime. It wasn't a "boom", more like yeast expanding.

>Evolution hypothesises that organic matter formed from proteins and amino acids that eventually became complex enough to constitute life.

Not the science of evolution. The science only starts when the first species evolved into the second.

This is just further proof that brain-damaged creationists should avoid humiliating themselves in the public square.

Because there's no evidence of a God and if he did exist he would be evil so why worship him

>worship a jew
>worship the father, son, holy spirit
pick one.

I think there's a fundamental aspect of religion people need to come to agree on. That is the language we use when speaking of a god.

The word "exist" has a meaning, it's something tangible, examinable, provable. God requires faith to believe in, as there is nothing about god that is tangible, examinable, or provable, therefor you can't say god exists.

If people can admit to this being a faith based belief and stop using pseudo science to demonstrate their lack of faith, they'd be a lot more noble and respectable.

I believe in god, but I'm not going to sit here and point to trees or insects and say that they're evidence or proof of my inability to be grade-school level scientifically literate.

Notice how atheists like to compare an abstract and transcendental God to past notions of a corporeal deity.

> magic sky fairy
>old man in clouds
>man watching you masterbate

It's almost as if atheism is caused by having a limited understanding of what religious people believe and why they believe it.

hey look it's OP

But evil exists as the absence of a good, so since God is pure actuality he is all-good.

>science doesn't need evidence
>you don't understand scientific method
wew lad
fedorafags these days
why are atheists so ludicrously stupid?

once again
DISCOUNTING AN OPPOSING ARGUMENT DOES NOT PROVE YOUR ARGUMENT IS CORRECT

It's because in the past they were the type of people who could "just believe" with no arguments needed. Now they "just believe" in atheism

careful there ivan, you never know what your apostasy will bring.
>inb4 FSB raid.

you forgot your anime picture

If there are aliens outside solar system
they must be laughing now

Damn dawg,

i'm now a #KikeOnAStick !!!!!!!

>found some radiation
this is extrapolated into the outlandish theory that you present as fact to millions/billions of children? there is no proof to any part of this story you weave.

>depends on what the definition of "is" is
yeah, it's secondary school level arguing. what are the odds considering the flag.

Well since religion is rooted in Philosophy you would have to define those words to explain them to lay people.

And nothing stops both of them from existing. Perhaps they are one in the same. The singularity cannot be observed. Neither can God. It's very possible this singularity people wish to use to say hur dur there is no need for God is in fact God.

>Atheists believe we evolved from rocks that appeared out of literally nothing
It's called atoms fusing together to create heavier atoms. As for the genesis of life from inorganic matter, it's just a believable that a sufficiently complex molecule could become living naturally, likely through combining with other molecules to create "life" than a deity just "poofing" it into life.

>almost
I've never met an atheist (and they all tend to be former Catholics for some reason) that had a correct understanding of the Bible or any religion for that matter
they just quote memes like "God hates shrimp"
without understanding what's actually being said by the verses they're stupidly trying to make fun of
Meanwhile I've met many Christians who understand most of the popular religions out there and Darwinism
Idk why people think its okay to argue about something they know nothing about
I don't argue about cars because I don't know anything about them
No intelligent person would argue about a religion without studying it first
and yet atheists do it every day

shit

>If you truly rely on intellect and reasoning for your stance there is no possible way you could be an atheist

Billions of people in millions of cultures and societies over tens of thousands of years all had gods we no longer believe in today.

This is solid historical evidence that all gods are made-up, imaginary, fantastical campfire stories.

>Agnosticism is the ONLY logical position you can take
Agnosticism is irrational. Non-belief does not require belief. If English is not your second language, have someone who speaks English explain this to you in your own tongue.

>we can't possibly concretely/directly deny the existence of a higher power
We don't need to. Just like we don't need to disprove that teacup and saucer floating in space.

>Rocks are made of certain elements that have bonded, and have nothing to do with the bonding of elements that created the first single-cells.
That's false too. All living beings return to the soil which eventually becomes sedimentary rock which sometimes releases minerals and elements back into the biosphere. We eat salt. Salt comes from rock.That salt goes back to the earth in our dust/ashes. Every mineral and chemical in our bodies does the same dance over and over

>God created flora and fauna and gave man dominion over them.

>atheist explanation for how life was created is no more valid than creationist explanation

> non-living molecules just magically "evolve"
molecules DO get built up and broken down over millions of years. creating all kinds of "complex" mixtures of molecules.

some molecules can "self replicate" under certain conditions, things like plastic, some salts.

> continue to "evolve"
in a complex mixture of molecules, those that are more stable will stay around longer, they have a higher chance of forming more complex molecules.
This is a very basic form of evolution.

If you put all the basic building blocks for a cell in a box and shake it, eventually you WILL get a working cell.
improbable is not impossible.

>you can thank a lot of Christians for the knowledge you have
For centuries the Christians tortured and put to death atheists. Of course every scientist claimed to believe in Jebus even if they really didn't because then there ideas would be buried with them

>Didn't read past the first two sentences so didn't realize I'm supporting evolution and am agnostic
Evolution would actually start at the time of "abiogenesis" because that would be the first evolution of life, which would then continue to become more complex and evolve.

>irrational simpletons
man, you fell hard for the atheism means intelligence meme. i highly doubt you've had more science/math schooling than i.

it just amazes me that such a self-proclaimed intelligent person like yourself would immediately dismiss his on consciousness as nothing special.

You're likely a troll based on your tone but I have time to kill.

The concept of "radiation" is that it "radiates" from a source. Light is radiation, it is emitted from lamps and the sun and other such bright objects. Stars and black holes give off x-rays and radio waves. All these things have sources.

Cosmic background radiation is literally everywhere. If you could see the full electro-magnetic spectrum, the night sky would glow faintly from this shit.

Where did all this radiation come from? Why is it everywhere and distributed evenly, and not just around stellar matter like x-rays and radio waves? Answer: long ago there was a VERY bright object.

"Let there be light". That's Big Bang theory.

>tortured and put to death atheists

t. reddit