When your nostalgia goggles finally wear off you start to realize how fucking UGLY this show is

When your nostalgia goggles finally wear off you start to realize how fucking UGLY this show is

Steven Universe and Clerence are still uglier, I'm sorry

>it's a shit on EEnE post
Trashed, like the hundreds of others.

I like EEnE, but no, it's uglier than both

Fuck you, it's charming

look at that one eye fucking fallin off his head

fuckin grotesque shit

People like you are why animation is becoming more homogenized

Still, nothing was uglier than anything John K ever did

neo Sup Forums everyone

I think that was intentional user. It's kind of the tone and the theme of the show

Aren't they teenagers? Teenagers are ugly, awkward, and gross. They're like mouthy babies.

the general enviroment of the series is comfy af

More like preteens.
Even more gross. You feel gross. You look gross. And everything is fucking confusing.

It wasn't Rugrats-tier but yeah, it was ugly.

I try'd to rewatch this & got tru 3 episode's & couldn't do it anymore!

I like the way it looks. Reminds me of Sundays.
The guy DOES suck, though.
I thought this was a Sup Forums thing.

It is ugly. That's not a bad thing, and I think was kind of the point. Besides, ugly is interesting!

As I grew up I always thought this was kinda the point. The age group most of the characters are in is the ugly-duckling phase for a lot of people, and really chaotic and strange a lot of the time, so I figured the show just took that and ran with it.

I thought it was pretty ugly even as a kid.

The fact people still liked this show despite all the characters being ugly is a testament to how important the writing in any show is.

maybe it is if you just judge everyone from their appearance you shallow fucking ho

All of those early 3D animations are fucking awful, no matter how awesome it looked back then.

Beast Wars, ReBoot, Shadow Raiders, the 3D scenes in Johnny Quest and Battletech, etc. all aged like milk, animation-wise.

>steven universe
>uglier than EEnE
man, are we watching the same show? At least Steven Universe has cute backgrounds.

I've always known it was ugly, so is Ren and Stimpy. Doesn't really change my opinion on those shows however. I still enjoy them.

God, it's like arguing "GRAFIX" on Sup Forums.

Style is apparently meaningless and cartoons have nothing outside visuals.
EEnE was a great show for it's humor AND it's weird style.
Honestly, it's kinda like Clarence is now. The show is visually hideous, but you get past it cause it's fun and nostalgic with it's childish innocence.

Hell, that's even the argument most people used to use for One Piece, which is absolutely gigantic despite being visually whacky/ugly.
Of course, nowadays the more reasonable issue is it's length

EEnE is ugly as fuck, but context is important

EEnE is also not a show that every attempts to come off as charming or cute...the ugliness of the artstyle lends to the comedy because it's that kind of show

Compare this to something like SU, which clearly tries to be visually appealing with ugly characters...this makes them seem much uglier since the show clearly isn't intentionally being ugly

It's kind of dumb to compare to two, it's like comparing a fast food item that is unapologetic about being slop, but is good at being slop...to a meal presented to you as gourmet but really is just slop

I had the exact opposite experience, user. As a little girl I always avoided EEnE because it looked "ugly". Later in my teens I actually sat down and watched it, and it was fucking hilarious. The art/animation style adds to the humour. You have shit taste.

>As a little girl

>le edgy no grills on 4chins meme

kill yourself

sorry user she probably should have said
>as a little child of ambiguous gender
right

>needing to point out your gender period
May as well use a trip
Kill yourselves newfags

I'm a girl and I don't see a problem with it.

The problem is you're triggering him.

I don't see the big deal either

Shut up faggot, you wouldn't have started this shit if I had said
>little boy
instead.

Do you need a trigger warning next time?

Hi! few things to start off with =] 1. yes I added you because you're a female gamer, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen :P

>being an SJW on Sup Forums
Do you know where you are

Why not just say "as a kid?"

>pointing out a hypocrisy makes you an SJW

I knew Sup Forums had a hateboner for tumblr but this is excessive

I literally wasn't even thinking about that when I typed that post. It was only after I got that intial reply that I realized, oh that's right, using the word "girl" on Sup Forums is a sin punishable by infinite /you/'s. My bad.

You're right. I'm sorry I responded in such a way...I overreacted

But will you date me?

How did this thread derail so damn quickly? Is Sup Forums really so anal about such minor details as gender pronouns?

The ugliness was part of the charm, unlike now where shows are ugly because they cant do better.

As a boy with a penis i agree.

It was a unique style, but I wouldn't call it ugly. Ugly would also likely rely more on grossout humor, which I can't stand.

only on Sup Forums can a god tier show like ed edd n eddy inspire such salt.

>well defined style that isn't cookie cutter CalArts shit
>ugly
Kill yourself, OP.

Nah, I agree OP is a moron but EEnE is ugly....it's supposed to be, they all look like mutants with green tongues and yellow teeth and such

You know, I've thought about it a lot and I can genuinely say that the only ugly cartoons I've seen are JOHNNY JOHNNY YES PAPA and Problem Solverz.
I don't get what people mean when they say a show is ugly. You can't complain about it if you've seen something like those two.

Ugly like the day you came bobsleding out the hole between your momma's legs OP

>food analogies

You can tell it's always the fat fucks who write these

>you start to realize
I knew this from the get-go, it's part of the charm. In retrospect it's surprising that Klasky-Csupo didn't do the character design.

>Why not just say "as a kid?"
Why not just wordfilter all gender pronouns to nigger if you're going to be such a thin-skinned little bitch about it?

Damn who let these beta white knights in?