/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Post E3 Hangover Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorglasgowart.tumblr.com/post/124165111645/every-day-at-the-steven-universe-office
youtu.be/GuSYA7-ea2Q?t=100
youtu.be/12_EjQKJH98
youtube.com/watch?v=Jrb0hNit01s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's the reference sheet - also all links have been updated.

Crossover with publisher/company-tans when?

>No Toon Disney Tan

Why? It was literally the best channel.

>nick-tan has no freckles
Please recetify this post-haste

What about ABC3?

Someone request this

>No Toon Disney-tan
>Jetix-tan doesn't look like a blood sucking parasite that latched onto Toon Disney-tan
>a parasite that filled her with the poison of RADNESS and mutated her into Disney XD

Cartoon Hangover-tan is always either drunk or hungover. Has no idea what a consistent schedule is and whatever you do NEVER lend her money - it's not worth it. She'll never pay you back. And when she says she's going to buy food because she's starving she instead goes off to buy books full of random cartoon facts.

So can anyone give me a good summary of E3, especially the Nintendo stuff? I haven't seen it yet.

no one is sure what happned, this was weird E3

I know this is late as fuck but i really like nick-tan's design. It perfectly fits the look and feel of nick or at least when i used to watch it growing up

Nintendo wasted everyones time. all they did was show pokemon sun and moon and the new Zelda game. I mean they both looked good, but thats it?

Kids WB-tan is too cute, wish she/he has more fanart. Even lewd ones at least ./spoiler]

-tan is actually -chan in cutesy or baby talk

"Channel-chans" sound funnier

doctorglasgowart.tumblr.com/post/124165111645/every-day-at-the-steven-universe-office

She's probably in her preteens

Nick is my favourite one here, fuck that's a great design.

Pretty good design, although I figured she'd be more robotic

It was actually a pretty good E3

Don't let Sup Forums shitposting change your mind

When they get their thing sorted out

Man, I'm so amazed that our Channel Tans really so much better than their knock off Comic Publishers Tans.

Its like the creation of Channel tans was made in the same way that MCU, whith a slow start focusing in the main 3 and developing the others with time.

Comic tans feel like DC movieverse; rushed to catch up with our project, poor designs, Poor characterization and over crownded with characters since te beggining.

On the last thread we were talking about making CN tan cousin of DC tan. I think that we should explore this, and OUR superior version of DC tan.

Is XD supposed to be Disney Channel's Dippy Fresh?

Repeating a request from last weekend,

/r/ a short sketch of Nick-tan taking off her glasses and letting down her hair, like they do in all the movies that she probably grew up watching.

>mfw i have a colored image of that but it's at my computer and i'm at mobile right now

help

Let's not try to start anything with the publisher-tans
What does our DC-tan look like anyway
We need a DC-Nation-tan too

youtu.be/GuSYA7-ea2Q?t=100

A lot of these aren't channels and are just cartoon blocks.

If those are allowed where the fuck in Fox Kids, Kids WB and One Saturday Morning?

From the Booru.

>If those are allowed where the fuck in Fox Kids, Kids WB and One Saturday Morning?

Just not yet made? If you feel so inclined to contribute feel free to draw tans for these blocks.

The Main Tans argueing where to eat lunch.
>Disney: Fancy Cafe
>CN:Pizza Place
>Nick:Deli/Sandwich Shop.

She's beautiful!

Tooncast-tan, CN-tan's latin american cousin who is definitely one of those "only 90s kids remember" types and pretty much exclusively only watches cartoons from the 90s and early 2000s as well as the occasional old school Hanna-Barbara stuff.

Cool more ref

this makes me wish that Nickelodeon was still worth watching....

>Kids WB
But... she is on the reference

Great design.

He design reminds me to the Red Grasshopper, that's cute.

Thanks!

We can't make our own DC-tan because that would be weird but a DC Nation-tan sounds cool. maybe a hyperactive-fangirl?

Anyone planning to do a CW-tan?

There is one, but you can suggest your own design.

I WANNA FUCK XD IN THE ASS

>Is XD supposed to be Disney Channel's Dippy Fresh?
shit you right, yoto is this true?

>XD
Kill yourself

*Disney XD

Animax-tan where?

No she's Toon Disney's Dippy Fresh. Disney Channel made her to replace Toon and Toon hates her for it.

She is dead
but that's fine because Toonami is much better

She's still alive in Asia, terrible anime dubs and all.

Imagine a cute girl in a china dress with a voice like a choir geek with a cold.

So cute.

>with a voice like a choir geek with a cold
So, Brendan Song?

Wait where's miguzi-tan?

>That 4kids
kek

We don't have one yet.

I thought we're just going to use that girl from miguzi for her tan

sure why not

Make me wonder how was MTV on their The Maxx and Aeon Flux phase.

Now she looks like a kardashian.

Goddammit Shitty Lifeguard user, you made me do this!

Imagine 90's MTV like Daria

>"YOU WANT JAPAN CARRTOONS? I HAVE MANY MANY"
>"SUBTITRES! ENGRISH! I GIVE YOU NO CENSERRSHIP! ARR DAY RONG!"
>"Orrr maybe you want try something a rittle bit....personarl? user, you know what I'm tarking about!"
>"Dose shitty white channerls arr sruts user! You watch them, dey fuck you up asshorr! You watch mee, I ret you fuck me up asshorr if you want...
>"Hrrrm, user. You aren't intrrested in sex? You just want cuddre an watch k-on? Ok, you boss! I wirr make you sushi and manjuu, prease wait a moment~"
>"Yeh I actuarry just get vorunteer voice actorrs from singapore university anime crub, it pretty cheap"
>"haha, western cartoons? you pretty funny user! I rike you a rot!"
>"You good man user! I introduce you to my moda! Her name is Sony! She is very big dearl! She wirr want to pran marriage too!"
>"ahaha, you ain't getting aray~ Ret's go user~"

And then anonymous found himself in a corporate office in hong kong with fifteen kids.

IDEAS FOR COMICS PLEASE!

MAINLY WITH THE 3 MAIN TANS!

Find her in booru.

it's perfect

She went from Daria to a Kardashian? lol

That time Disney and CN had a light saber duel to see who gets the rights to star wars.

>CN-tan duels Disney-tan for the rights of Star Wars
>CN-tan trains for an entire month learning ways of the force
>The day of the fight comes
>Disney-tan doesn't show up
>Instead a mailman comes and gives CN-tan a letter
>It says how Disney-tans dad bought the rights to Star Wars and she can't do shit about it

whoops

Tomorrow is Father's day... I think, could you do more with Papa Viacom?

I sugest to make the Viacon letters brithger. If you are them white, it will still fit good with black baloons.

CN, Disney and Nick watching the E3

dude that is literally giffany

Don't let it end like this!
youtu.be/12_EjQKJH98

We all do stupid things, MTV made bad choices and ended up in a life with plastic surgeries, scandals and shitty reality shows.

This please.
>Nick:Guys, its Mega Meaty Mondays at the deli,All that fresh meat at half price... *Salivating*

>CN:Why don't we go to the Pizza Palace? I hear they have a new thing called "Candied Milkshakes"

>Disney:Ew. My teeth hurt just thinking about it. How about we go get a (insert convoluted coffee name here) at Barstucks!

Cool Jetix, TB.

I love Jetix-tan but what is her story?
what she likes, etc?

>"Channel-chans"
Nah, too weeb

Aww geez.
That shit looks tight.
Nice.

I know the channel is dead but i think a Hub channel tan could had potential.

I love it. Does she also have a pair of those big hands that one show has.

as far as i know, she's a robot

thank you

>4kids
>no Saban

Where's my ranger waifu

It did user. She really did.

I know we haven't got a full-colour picture of her, but I always like to imagine Teletoon as only being black, white, and red.

Reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=Jrb0hNit01s

Last I heard she was basically Disney's answer to Astro Boy. Now that I think of it, they need to fight each other. This has to happen.

DC Nation-tan had a reputation of being late without warning

CN-tan screwed her over without realizing it, or was it WB-sama

How the tans react to you having a cut on your finger.

>Nick: Oh no! We need to get that covered up! I mean cleaned up! I mean dressed down! I mean... *Trips over with the first aid kit and bandage mummyfies herself.

>CN: "Oh shit, we should bandage that." *Puts her mouth on it like Clarence/Gumball would* "[AS]! GET THE FIRST AID KIT!"
>[as](in the distance): "GET IT YOURSELF!"

>Disney: "Really now, you should take better care of yourself." *Pulls out the first aid kit and starts expertly bandaging you* "I-I'm only doing this for you because you'd probably only end up hurting yourself more if I left you to it. Moron. *Avoids your eyes, blushing*

decided to update Teletoon-Tan, add color and fix her up a bit.

>XD
Not XD.

Wait no, that's right.
Good shit user.

Cheerleader

I kind of thought of adding something more robotic a little late into her design. I guess we could use our imaginations and pretend her boots are rocket boots ala astro boy?

Didn't think of adding that while I was drawing her but I dont see why not!

So and so

What other shows has teletoon made?

The obvious Johnny test influences are obvious, but I've forgotten which other toons were outsourced by CN to her canuck cousin.

Whats her face

And the ugly one

Total Drama Island, 6teen, Grojband, Stoked, George of the Jungle remake

I think they made Atomic Betty, too.