What was his plan for if Batman actually killed Superman and then doomsday was released with nothing to stop it?

What was his plan for if Batman actually killed Superman and then doomsday was released with nothing to stop it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/91IZfMWoQtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope for a better director in the next film

He still had loads of kryptonite, Batman stole just a chunk.

He was hoping the average capeshit viewer wouldn't think that much.

>implying autistic people have plans

He never believed Batman would be capable. Lex always thought himself superior to others.

He's insane, his plans don't have to make sense.

He's got Darksied's backing (which is some shit we needed to know) so letting doomsday fuck over a couple of cities why he flew around collecting the McGuffins (more shit we needed to know) Would be 'part of the plan'. Then he shows up with kryptonite missles or some shit and enjoys head pats from the guvornmint while secrectly preparing to become Darksied's representative on earth.
Fuck you Snyder stick to music videos you hack.

>yeah well Doomsday is killing us all but that's OK because at least a filthy xeno isn't polluting the earth by trying to save our lives

>Batman kills Superman
>turn off the Doomsday making process
Huh. Really makes me think.

He figured Superman would just kill Batman on the spot since its mother's life was on the line. Pretty simple. Shit thread.

Why did they write Lex Luthor like he was the Joker?

They're both similar characters. One is an insane criminal with mad science tendencies, the other is a mad scientist with insane criminal tendencies.

Retrieve the kryptonite and gather the Justice League himself, saving the world and therefore becoming the Superman

> Implying that Luthor is actually a mad scientist who act like the Joker

Too much Snyder for you buddy

This movie was Lex Luthor's origin story. In previous Superman movies they show Lex Luthor grown up and as a particular character, this movie was just showing you how he gets to that point.

> Gather the justice league

> He Hates metahumans

U fail

because zack snyder is a hack

>He's got Darksied's backing (which is some shit we needed to know) so letting doomsday fuck over a couple of cities why he flew around collecting the McGuffins (more shit we needed to know) Would be 'part of the plan'. Then he shows up with kryptonite missles or some shit and enjoys head pats from the guvornmint while secrectly preparing to become Darksied's representative on earth.
How were we supposed to know this?

It's very easy. In his hubris Lex didn't believe that Batman would be capable of doing his job: killing Superman.

Out of the 3 answers I got, this seems like the most believable one.

Alot of the 'final' draft of the script never made it to production and the few scenes that did, like Lex talking via shady alien tech to a deep ass voice, got cut. You have to watch the God's Only Special Snowflake Director's Extended Edition and sit through a ton of horrible commentary before it gets talked about.
It's not worth it.

To be fair, Lex's hate boner for Superman gets the better of him every other week. And he has a fair bit of crazy in him, too.
youtu.be/91IZfMWoQtg

The better question is how did he co-ordinate with Batman to have his "kidnap Martha and release Doomsday" plan on the same night as Batman's "fire up the Batsignal to get Superman to come fight" plan?

Did he text Batman and say, "hey finally got Martha u dun ur weapons and stuff yet? 10PM 2nite work?"

>and then doomsday was released
then he wouldn't be released until Darkseid or one of his minions came here.

Doomsday was released upon his creation. He hatched. Regardless of what happened with everything else Doomsday was gonna come outta that thing.

nope

Yup.

nope, you're correct. My bad.

Clearly Lex assumed he was going to have more control over the creature. He didn't expect it to try to pound his brains out the moment it saw him. Like its creator, Doomsday has serious daddy issues.

>Clearly Lex assumed he was going to have more control over the creature

Why would he assume that when the kryptonian computer decided to create a monster that he would have control over it and what indicates to the viewer that he assumed this?

Blood of my Blood.

Born to destroy Superman, his Doomsday.

And Luthor considers hiiimself the Anti-Superman, and probably thought the creature would have some sort of sentience.

Or maybe it just overreacted when it say Clark near him and tried ot punch Lex.

>a hack

Snyder is a genius for picking Jesse Eisenberg and portraying Lex as a Google/Facebook hip exec. Eisenberg should have gotten an Oscar for his performance

fuck the haters

Creating the unstoppable rage monster out of spite was the point when he stopped pretending and went full comic book Luthor.

This, senpai

>dude let's create a monster and let it kill people to show the people why it's all Superman's fault
ayy lmao

it's sad this people who unironically call this garbage a masterpiece

Neither of you understand the movie, kill yourselves.

Snyder is a hack. He's trying to force a philosophical debate that doesn't fit into this movie. You could try to argue that superman is all good but he's nowhere near all powerful. So this little speech of Lex is right. Which is a problem because you're supposed to disagree with him. Now maybe you could say that the critical flaw Lex is making is making superman out to be a god when he isn't but that's literally the same thing Snyder has done with both films.

jfc. he isn't a god he is perceived as a god by humans.

sometimes i ask myself why i even bother explaining BvS when its been countlessly discussed here several times. it really gets tiring doing this

>AHHHHHHHHHHHHH MUMMY THE RED CAPES ARE FALLING!!!!!!!! YARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

>He still had loads of kryptonite
No he doesn't.

he was already fully formed, how are you going to pull the plug when he comes out the same minute the time limit ends? that's like trying to abort a pregnancy when the baby is halfway through the vagina

ebin response

that bugged the hell out of me. He had to have saw the symbol in the sky, told his goons to fly to Kansas which takes 3hrs. kidnap her and take another 3hrs to get back. This excludes all the time to and from the airport in a car or helicopter so total maybe 7 & half hrs to set this whole thing up. Was Batman standing in the rain for 7hrs waiting for Superman to show up? that's gotta be some commitment

s-sorry user

Why did Batman waste all that time and energy fighting all 30 of the goons in charge of guarding MARTHA, when he could have just broken the window and snatched MARTHA from the 2 guys in the back room and then left before anyone had noticed?

Superman is not a god. Superman is not all good. Superman is not all powerful.

He is clearly depicted as flawed. I am not even sure what lex was trying to accomplish. The movie might as well been about him being upset at usain bolt because he runs faster than most.

>DARKSEID HELP ME

He simply wouldn't have released doomsda..

>sometimes i ask myself why i even bother explaining BvS when its been countlessly discussed here several times. it really gets tiring doing this
This answer doesn't work when Snyder can't go 5 minutes without making religious parallels. Sorry buddy but you don't spend half your time trying to create visual links between superman and jesus and then say "oh but he's not god, he's just perceived as a god by humans".

Good question

>10 seconds to animation
>if man wont kill god, the devil will do it
>"3 large lances jab into the sac containing doomsday, electrical arcs reminicent of frankenstiens monster light the room and flood out of the ship"
The simile of human abortion does not really hold water here, as an embryo is animated (read alive) long before the birth.

You think he ever entertained the idea of Doomsday, a creature that he personally created, not obeying him? I kinda doubt that even occured to him. He wasn't exactly the most mentally stable guy around, you see.

On some level it takes a genius to write a script where the villains plan is this fucking stupid.

no fucking shit, how far behind are bvs fag?

He knew about the flash, aqua man, wonder woman and the kryptonite spear.

Not to mention his connections to apocalypse.

>On some level it takes a genius to write a script where the villains plan is this fucking stupid
>On some level
>Where the villains plan is this fucking stupid.
>Where the villains plan is
>It takes a genius to write
>On some level it takes
>A script
>Where the villains plan is this
>On some level it takes a genius
>Is this fucking stupid

>enter thread
>ctrl+f "Diana"
>nothing
>ctr+f "Wonder"
>One hit. One fucking hit.
>took over four hours for it to get mentioned

The DChads are right. This movie really is too smart for you brain dead fucks.

doting over zods body quoting Icarus, and later refering to him as "blood of my blood" really played to his daddy issues
if Clark had died, im not sure if Lex would have stopped the procedure, or let doomsday run amok to garner defence and rebuilding contracts. He was definately surprised when doomsday tried to strike him.

I stand by my statement tripfag, there's too many problems with Luthors plan for a normal person to have come up with it. Average guy might have come up with a plan with one or two flaws, takes a genius to come up with the dozens of problems with Luthors plan.

The thing about Luthor in the movie is that he wanted power and before the appearance of Superman power for him was knowledge. That's why in the movie Lexcorp is essentially Google/Facebook on steroids.

But after the appearance of Superman, though? Being the smartest and most knowledgeable guy in the room didn't cut anymore. Lex felt small and inadequate. There's a reason he's a skinny and awkward fuckboy in comparison to Superman and Batman.

So the whole movie is Lex trying to drag Superman through the mud so Superman can be seen as a fuck-up and trying to find something, ANYTHING that can give Lex the feel of true power. When he gets his hands on the alien ship with all the cool information he pretty much goes nuts. The kryptonite wasn't essential anymore. He could create his own Superman, made out of his blood, a part of himself. He could be essentially a god. And later he pretty much sells the world in exchange of revenge/escape/more power.

So I've come to the conclusion that BvS had some interesting ideas but did such a profoundly awful job at conveying them that they may as well not have been present at all, and that the film would basically have to be remade from the ground up to properly represent them properly.

I want to hear what concepts and ideas you see in it. I want to see how well they match up with mine.

The way they shoved in Doomsday in order to have some big bad guy to fight together was fucking awful. You can tell the script was midway through rewrites and they decided to shoot it anyway.

I think you know that's bullshit so fuck you

The actual problem is that people were accustomed with characters doing exposition on their real motives and shit, thanks to the MCU movies, where everything is made clear.

MoS and BvS, though, have the characters mostly lying to themselves and others. You can only really understand them by seeing what they do or show in comparison to what they say. You've to piece things together.

This is something that modern audiences accustomed with much more simpler cape movies couldn't deal with.

Take for example Superman in BvS. He tells Lois that he doesn't care what others say about him because it's a bunch of lie, but every time you see him he's glued to the TV watching news about him or feeling frustrated at his job because his newspaper is more worried about chasing dirt on Superman because it is a hot issue instead of paying attention to the awful shit Batman has been doing in Gotham, a neighboring city.

So you can't really take Clark's words at face value. He's lying to Lois and to himself. He's extremely bothered by everything people has been saying about him. But most people would take his words at face value and be confused by his actions.

Basically this movie being a capeshit, specially with such known characters, was a mistake. Maybe if they had created OCs kinda like Watchmen people would be more lenient with it.

How it is bullshit. Explain to me, please.

People perceived him as a god so being killed by some vigilante with a robot armor and a spear and then not being there to prevent the destruction of Metropolis by a kryptonian monster should be enough to make it clear for everybody

Guess who has access to kryptonite and has been warning the politicians to get a weapon against alien monsters the whole movie. Seriously, I think BvS has fatal flaws but you guys didn't get it for real

> the whole movie is Lex trying to drag Superman through the mud

How exactly does creating Doomsday help him slander Superman?

deliberately making character motivations hard to understand is not good storytelling. Even if the plot is complex and full of intricacy, the viewer should not be left wondering why characters do what they do. It's the filmmaking equivalent of going
>here's your test booklet. It's padlocked. Opening the test is a part of the test, and the test actually began 5 minutes ago :^)

bad scriptwriting was his plan

I just fucking told you that once he got access to the alien ship and found all the wondrous things he decided that playing god was much more fun?

By laying that on him, too. He was pretty much the only person alive who understood the Kryptonian tech well enough to use it, so if he said Supes broke in and made a monster, there's no one who could dispute that but Supes, unfortunately he's also the same guy that just ripped a crazy billionair's head off for no apparent reason.

That was shit the first time you posted it and it's still shit today.

>tax relief for the 1%

Contradicted by the timeline of events as shown in the film

No they don't.

This luthur is literally nothing like the real luthur

still relevant as ever

The film isn't presented chronologically, most especially Lex's scenes.

You think he created Doomsday to fucking frame Superman?

Nope.

The Nairomi massacre is what gave him access to the ship and Lex wasn't even after the ship, but the kryptonite and the body. The ship was just a perk. Once he got the ship and got inside, that's when he decided to play god. By then his previous plans were already getting fucked.

There's no real Luthor, sweet-heart.

Not when you ignore every response that's ever been made to it and never alter it in any way.

It's shit, and you're a fucking dumbass to think otherwise.

Except the film shows him playing God before he gets Superman to fight with Batman

Superman fight with Batman had nothing to do about dragging Superman to the mud, but all about him proving that Superman is not a good man. It was all about him proving that Superman was a selfish cunt that could kill someone else for his own personal gain, which was keep his mother safe, and that Lex was the one forcing him do it. Lex had power over him.

Good God, man. Think. He had already dragged Superman through the mud way before that confrontation.

Didn't you watch the movie? He thought Doomsday was gonna suck his cock or something

>kill someone who is threatening your family
>selfish cunt
??????????

Okay and what happens after the fight with Batman? Lex creates Doomsday explicitly stating that he's making Doomsday because Batman failed to kill Superman. Which shows that the point of having Superman fight Batman was not to "prove Superman isn't good" but to kill Superman.

I disagree. Lex never asks anyone for anything that it's not in their power to give him. He asked Clark for one thing: Bruce's head, and he expected him to deliver.

That does more than just drag his name through the mud. It's the culmination of the smear campaign - making him a cold-blooded murderer.

>wants to prove Superman is a fraud
>creates a monster capable of killing Superman
>spends the entire movie giving shit to that senator so they start building some antialien weapons
>he's the only one with the tools to stop the alien monster therefore proving himself right
Stick to baby groot friends

>It's the culmination of the smear campaign - making him a cold-blooded murderer.
Sounds like Marvel marketing department at work

Wrong faggot

Batman was no threatening Superman's family, Lex was. Superman was going to kill an "innocent" to keep his mother safe. Superman was going to do a bad thing for his own sake, not for the good of the world.

Lex never had faith in Batman. He thought Superman would come back with Batman's head in hands doing exactly what he was told.

Basically, by forcing Superman to kill Batman, he'd prove that Superman is not all good like people believed him to be. And by having Superman be killed by Lex's Doomsday, he'd prove that Superman is not all powerful like people also believed him to be,

Now you're getting it. Remember - Lex is the same guy already looking to "brand" the "Justice League." Notice any icons missing?

>a scene where he talks to the senator about how he hasn't changed a single thing in his father's room
>refers to doomsday as blood of my blood

Wow that was hard. Maybe he should have quiped about it when talking to Supes.

>marvelcucks literally didn't understand BvS
Ok that's embarrassing

But Superman went up to Batman to ask for help and Batman instigated the fight by responding with gunfire