Why did this movie garner such rave reviews?

Why did this movie garner such rave reviews?

"Another Marvel success! The formula works!"

I saw it, and it was just kind of okay. Not as good as Ant-Man or Winter Soldier.

Disney BUX

It's safe, it's mediocre, it doesn't offend anyone. Your standard Marvel fair that normies eat up.

Cause its really good.

Sorry you got triggered because it doesn't have your characters of choice in it. Short of Winter Soldier, its the best MCU movie.

Because taste differs.

It was nice.
Though be prepared for the thread to be taken over by mad as fuck fanboys of other dead franchises.

Whatever conspiracy theory everyone else is accepting this week to make me pretend to be intelligent and part of the group because I can't think for myself and scared of being thought different.

It was the Avengers sequel people were waiting on. Ashame it had to come at the expense of any character development for Bucky.

>co stars in 2 movies
>doesn't even get his arc resolved and literally gets fridged

Smh tbqh

But X-Men Apocalypse was shit on.

Because now characters are getting attention in team-up movies.
It's no longer only about their appearance in solo ones.

So, for how many eons do you think the DCasuals will be salty about this?

But user everyone knows Disney owns RT

What? That's not a good reason for Bucky having no clear motivation to take over as Cap after Evans dies in IW. Marvel can't into plot or pacing.

No one mentioned DC until you. Damage control much?

They are the ones who are legitimately angry at CW.

It's a great movie.

You forgot to add the new Alice movie.

Add Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Alice 2.

Because it was a good capeshit movie.

But I loved Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, but I could still enjoy the Marvel movies. Civil War was good, but not great. It only had a few good scenes and was a little slow at times. Not to mention the other problems.

Disney's pretty good at picking and choosing which of their movies to bribe critics with, yeah.

Oh, this will always be an argument on Sup Forums. Even if Justice League ends up being amazing, they'll be just as sour. Hell, they might be more sour with a decent movie to point to.

Maybe we should wait for Infinity War then.

Because it's good and a milestone of storytelling in film.
To spend over a dozen movies building an empire in a story and then grounding it in a very humanistic way just to let it crumble.

It's a movie that wouldn't work if you didn't care about the characters, or atleast know about them, but it delivers for the hundreds of millions of people that do.

>Not to mention the other problems.
Oh, do go ahead.

At least Disney is smart enough to bribe critics, instead of buying RT and getting cucked by your own website.

how dare you

yeah, they only bribe critics to give good reviews to the good movies they make

We are going to go full /x/ before just accepting that critics have had a hate-boner for Snyder for years now?

Ugh. I'm on my phone right now and have them written down on the computer. I've got bad memory at times so only big important things, or very memorable ones are easy for me to remember. I'll do it though if you really want me to.

The better question is why did Force Awakens?

It was a decent movie about characters that everyone likes and it was midly serious.
At this point people just want to watch those characters doing shit because that's the thing they like.
They could do a movie about the average day of the Avengers' life and people would love it.

"Why do you hate this movie?"

"SNYDER IS A WHITE MALE!"
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

What? There are gonna be like 30 characters in that. Them wasting 3.5 hours worth of movies and not resolving his personal issues was a huge blunder. Its why TWS sucks.

But Caribbean 4 was better than 2 and 3.

Not really.
Pirates 4 was just an uninspired and phoned in Jack Sparrow spinoff.

That actually is a better question, and I didn't even hate TFA.

It was filmed beautifully, acted averagely, and written terribly.

Because the hype for it was inmense and it wasn't as horrible as the prequels.
Hype affects a lot people's opinions on something, it has to be really bad for people to accept that it's bad, and if it is, they'll start yelling and saying that it's the worst piece of shit ever made.
I wasn't hyped for TFA, and when I watched it I thought it was a 6/10, but I know what it feels to finally get something you've been waiting for years.

Yes because until BvS the dominant "theory" was they're all just Donnerfags despite literally not a single review even mentioning Donner.

Progressive Points. The real reason BvS did poorly was because Batman branded a sex trafficker and that triggered a lot of people because they're afraid it will inspire people to go after them.
:^)

John carter wasn't a bad movie. Shame it gets shit on so often.

because it was good

And what will you say when critics shit on Wonder Woman?

A more personal movie about characters that people like and that have been around for years now.
That's all there is to it, likeable characters.
Hell, the entire MCU exists because people like Tony Stark.

Probably that it sucked. Worst case scenario: it's bad and audience/critics love it. Then they might copy its style for later movies. It's basically random whether people like or dislike a movie; it has nothing to do with the actual quality.

I honestly can't wait for that movie.

Gadot is going to get exposed hard. Why has no one noticed literally every movie she's "starred" in has flopped both commercially and critically?

I think it's flop will have more to do with the fact that a week before Pirates of the Caribbean 5 comes out, and a week later Transformers 5 does.

Shit, I always forget that the Russos are black trans-lesbians

There was nothing particularly progressive about TFA, unless you're really old or really retarded.

I hate Tony Stark as a character. He's so annoying. But even I felt bad for him after his fight with Cap and Bucky.

They pay for good reviews

TFA wasn't that progressive.
I mean, apart from having a female Mary Sue, there wasn't much.
Finn was just a non-CGI Jar Jar Binks.

>one week after PotC 5
>one week before Transformers 5
What was WB thinking? Do they want the movie to flop?

They can't really move it.
They either fight those, or they fight against Furious 8 and GOTG2.

maybe they're hoping Disney will forget to pay off critics for PotC?

Finn was too competent to be JarJar.
He was more of a Luke than Rey was, that's for sure.

Yeah that would be even worse.

>implying Pirates won't make a ton of money even if it gets shit reviews

>competent
He didn't do much, apart from acknowledging the fact that you don't need to be a jedi to wield a lightsaber, he was just kind of there.

Remember when WB Capekino was the 800 lb gorilla everyone was worried about scheduling too close to?

Pirates 4 made more than a billion at the box office and it has a 50% on RT.

That's a big gorilla, btw

And it was still shit

In your opinion, perhaps.

No, TDKR is pure kino.

TDKR is a masterpiece compared to MoS and BvS though.

Name a popular movie that Sup Forums thinks is good and got proper reviews in the last five years.

That's because
A. Disney is killer at overseas distribution
and
B. No one was making better Pirate movies at the same time.

Deadpool.

The leads were adequate, the script was uneven, and the SFX was more expensive than it needed to be. But the marketing sucked so hard and the title dropped "of Mars" for silly reasons, I don't think the director was at fault there.

Drive

TWS and...

Yeah, only TWS if we're talking about Sup Forums and comic book movies. GotG and Ant-Man were well received here at first, but now there's a lot of contrarians who say they're shit.

I said more competent than JarJar Binks, then I compared him to fucking ANH Luke-- I'm not saying he's Lois Lane in Man of Steel that for some reason has a major purpose in every scene.

The only junior cast member more useful than him was Rey and she was a Mary Sue, so you need to choose which hill you want to die on, bruh.

Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Deadpool
if you are talking capekino

That sure makes me feel supergrim

Zootopia I guess? I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure, but it looks alright to me.

>Name a popular anything that hipsters think is good

>memepool
>good

Zootopia isn't liked, it's just furshits latching onto the lates shit they like, just like they did with Undertale months ago and FNAF a year ago.

It deserved them.

PotC 4 rested entirely on Depp's Depping after Legolas and Knightley left.

But with his string of underperformers I don't know if the world still wants more Depping

it was good

The thing that made PotC work is that the main characters were Legolas and Knightley, while Jack Sparrow stole the show with his scenes.

It's the same as with Quicksilver in X-Men, he has fun scenes that steal the whole thing, but a whole movie focused on him would kill the ''magic''.

That's probably why they brought back Orlando Bloom for Pirates 5.

>Civil War was a decent movie, but so downbeat, overcrowded and open-ended, I didn't draw much entertainment from it
>X-Men Apocalypse is a mess that noone involved with cared about
>BvS is made by Snyder

>Deadpool was Reddit the Oficial Cinematic Picture
>Suicide Squad is pandering to edgy teenagers so hard it's basically the Watch Dogs 2 of games
>nothing is known about Dr. Strange

>and the SFX was more expensive than it needed to be
That's not our problem, now, is it.
It exists and looks fantastic. I don't care about Disney marketing.

Mostly because it's trendy to like it. Why do you think /co likes it? Because normies do.

There's no consensus in Sup Forums idiot, Marvelfags liked it, DCfags hated it, and Foxfags only exist during the week after a X-Men movie comes out.

>Suicide Squad is pandering to edgy teenagers so hard it's basically the Watch Dogs 2 of games
That has me worried. Also is it still PG13?
>Deadpool was Reddit the Oficial Cinematic Picture
Now even I think you're just a cynical fuck.
Deadpool movie was ok. At least it was mostly true to the source material and actually had a decent X-Man character in it that wasn't Wolverine.

>they brought back Orlando Bloom for Pirates 5.

Well that's better.

>That's probably why they brought back Orlando Bloom for Pirates 5.

>PoTC5

There's a fourth?

Welcome to 5 years ago.

>Not bribing critics for a Brad Bird Movie
your insane logic makes no sense

Huh..

>330 million
But m-muh ultimate cut...m-muh capekino...

Well the movie is the third movie in a series films about Captain America and around the 12th marvel movie.

I get why Apocalypse was shit on, that shit marketing and awful promos.

I get the problems with BvS.

But CW isn't really 50% better than both.

But CW only has 2.5 points more than BvS and X-Men.

+50% isn't a rating. A movie could in theory have a 100% rating and still have all the reviews be "It was pretty okay."