New Suicide Squad poster

New Suicide Squad poster.

I wonder when we're getting the final trailer.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EricVespe/status/743881575708798976
collider.com/suicide-squad-reshoots-david-ayer-batman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All that poster has to do is glow under black light and it'd be 100% Spencers.

it looks like something from the asylum

Big big DC shit is dropping Tuesday

Maybe Skawd like Justice League reveal photo

Final Suicide Squad trailer will be in July, maybe in front of Tarzan

>Eyeballs near Joker
>he has at least one henchman with a giant eyeball mask

Pottery

The movie itself doesn't look bad.

But christ this marketing is painful.

>them green arrows

>Big big DC shit is dropping Tuesday
This guy, who was also invited to visit the JL set, tweeted: "Gonna have a ridiculously in-depth series of articles about an upcoming tentpole flick hitting the site Tuesday morning. Stay tuned!"
twitter.com/EricVespe/status/743881575708798976

>Every single promotional shot of Slipnot is the same one

HE gonna die

I noticed that too! Goddamn cockteases.

Worst. Heroes. Ever.

>Joker, then Harley, then Woll Smoth.

I bet Will realized this wasn't going to be HIS film long before they refilmed a half hour of Leto.

>Waller: "I'm stuck in this shit with these clowns."

That is one ugly ass poster.

Guess we'll see if he plays Deadshot or Fresh Prince of Bellevue.

I love this poster but it's jarringly tone-deaf to the first trailer
The marketing makes SS look like it wants to be two different movies

I like it.

Do you mean the one with 'I started a joke'?
I believe Ayer said that teaser wasn't meant to represent the final movie (which is why it wasn't even supposed to be officially released).

God I am so ready for this movie.

It being a part of the DCEU and all still has me worried, especially with the reshoots WB forced, but that could be a good thing.

I'm cautiously hyped.

Guess he learned since Django Unchained.

It has only ever wanted to be one movie friend,

plz give it moneys

This.

Is the movie going to be a gritty villain driven action movie, or a slapsticky deconstruction of superhero films?

That trailer was basically from several weeks of shooting for die hard fans and was never meant to be released. The director said at the time the film was actually quite fun.

It's going to be a an ensemble trying to chew scenery and be the next quippy Heat Legend.

You know this in your heart.

>it wasn't even supposed to be officially released

Yeah, people forget that it leaked and WB only released it to at least give people a clear view.

They didn't ever release the Comic-Con Man of Steel trailer with Thin Red Line music, which I think was the best one. Not even on home video.

>especially with the reshoots WB forced
WB didn't force anything. Ayer said:
>"If they don’t like your movie they tend to not want to invest in it. If they love your movie, they give you what you want. And I don’t think there’s any director that finishes a movie and says, ‘Wow that’s perfect, that’s what I really want it to be.’ Every movie I’ve ever made I wish I could go and grab some additional stuff and that’s exactly the chance I got this time. It’s like getting a new car but you get fancy rims and a new stereo.”

>Steve asked Ayer if the reshoots are adding bits and pieces here and there or if he’s adding a significant new set piece, but the filmmaker was tight-lipped about specifics, only saying “all of the above.”

collider.com/suicide-squad-reshoots-david-ayer-batman/

I wonder if Ant-Man had come out that year, we'd be getting an Atom movie instead.

I'm hoping a lot of the grimmy darkness that was present in the first teaser is still present in the final movie but supposedly there's always been a lot of dark comedy as well. These posters kinda reflect that.

People keep on making that comparison but that is stretching, imo. Even for all the success Marvel had with that movie. Even for all of the ways WB has fucked up with the DCEU, I really don't think they're necessarily trying to emulate GotG.

They don't need anymore trailers. It's a month and a half away.

WB "leaks" more than a colander, they need to quit pretending that all this stuff is unofficial instead of a marketing ploy.

Every trailer has been less dark than the first.

Could be just PR bullshit but if he's not bs-ing then I'm hopeful.

>I wonder if Ant-Man had made more than Man of Steel, we'd be getting an Atom movie instead.

Fix'd that for you.

It was literally a cellphone video leak, broheim

What leaks are you referring to?
The teaser was recorded by people in the audience, I doubt that was a' marketing ploy', especially taking into consideration the statement they released afterwards.

It's basically just DC saying, "We need the Deadpool/Guardians of the Galaxy audience!"

I like the juxtaposition between this movie's marketing and the marketing for BvS. Like, one was focusing on drama and stakes, and this one is like "COMIC BOOKS."

>I really believe that stuff gets shown in front of a large crowd, in the age of smartphones, with no intention of it getting around online.

Ok, whatever works for you I guess.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

BvS failed at delivering either, so wish this thing luck.

>It's basically just DC saying, "We need the Iron Man audience!"

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

>Marvel invented humor
>Marvel invented soundtracks
>Marvel invented antiheros
>Marvel invented selfdepreciation
>Marvel invented references

Reddit invented you

I genuinely don't know what to feel about it, honestly. I don't have faith in DC's movies at all, but at the same time, I just want more movies to go enjoy. I honestly hope this one is good.

I fully believe that's the intent. It's a stupid, old-fashioned way of thinking but they think it's reasonable.

Marvel got good at delivering the Capekiino that keeps filling seats and giving audiences good Feels.

This is DC's movie for 2010. 2 years after TDK and Iron Man.

Nah.

That might just be Adam Beech being incapable of facial expressions.

I thought we all agreed to pretend that didn't happen.

Hot Topic: The Movie is going to be great!

Ssh...ssh...it's okay, DC Friend. We know the abysmal failure of the DCEU so far has got you down, but lying to yourself isn't going to solve anything.

That didn't seem very sincere.

Maybe get Justice League pic Monday before set visit articles...

And wheres the Wonder Woman trialer

He smiles off set

to be fair, Suicide Squad looks pretty fun.

The big downside is that they're adapting the shitty New 52 run with Waypool Quinn.

Shit's the exact same as Bendis Guardians, but at least they didn't get a movie.

It reminds me why the New 52 was such a stupid idea, at least in regards to its' attempts at brand synergizing. WB couldn't get their DCCU off before Cereal King was all "nope fuck you, we're going to start bringing the classic stuff back"

>And wheres the Wonder Woman trialer
Soon, hopefully.

Better than Snydershit.

I don't know, something seems off about Harley.

>"What, I should kill everyone here? OH JUST THE VOICES"

>"I am known to be quite vexing"

>"Yeah, that's probably a good idea, honey"

None of this sounds like shit Harley would say.

Wonder if they're going to portray her and Joker's relationship sympathetically or show it as abusive.

It's a pretty even mix of New 52 and Ostrander's really.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

>None of this sounds like shit Harley would say.
Because they obviously have shown to care so much about keeping their personalities.

Better than damning with loud curses

>captain boomerang is one of the original skwad members
>harley and joker are on top of the poster
>boomer isn't

Show some fucking respect, ye bloody bogans.
Nice poster, though, gonna print it/10.

Because youre the authority on a fictional character's personality and mannerisms?

Find a legitimate complaint instead of tired unsubstantiated "Not muh"'-isms that ruin discussion

>Joel Kinnaman gets billing instead of Jai Courtney or Cara Delevigne

Good

No, I'm not, but I've read Harley for years and she sounds a lot like a randumb edgy character. As if Harley would be surprised by people seeing her changing or mentioning shit like 'the voices'.

Also, I used specific quotes, not muh shit.

Fuck off.

I'm fairly sure deadshot is not will smith in the comics.

>going full Borderlands
You fools, you never go full Borderlands!

>Because youre the authority on a fictional character's personality and mannerisms?

Not even that guy, but most all of us have been exposed to Harley Quinn for years.

We know the difference between Harley Quinn and NotHarleyQuinn.

>"Yeah, that's probably a good idea, honey"
>Doesn't sound like shit Harley would say

That's a stunningly ordinary line to get worked up over. What, should she say puddin? Only Joker is puddin

>Find a legitimate complaint instead of tired unsubstantiated "Not muh"'-isms that ruin discussion

When it comes to adaptations of a character, ONLY "Not muh" has meaning. ONLY "Not muh" has value.

Until DC understands that audiences want to see the characters as they know them, it will continue to fail over and over again.

MoS should have been the wake-up call on that. BvS was the inarguable evidence. People know characters a certain way, and want to see that.

Truly you are the gay blade

>Because youre the authority on a fictional character's personality and mannerisms?

It was in response to a dude getting water. I don't know, it makes her sounds sarcastic in an almost team mother kind of way.

I may be wrong of course. It's only in conjunction with the dumbass "I am known to be quite vexing", and it seems suspicious.

Heat Legend didn't play the Joker as audiences knew him. Was it all death hype?

He actually is

I think they're equally shitty actors, but would prefer Jai if it meant hopes for more Boomer than Flagg, tbqh

Then stick to your funny books and leave the movies to the real comic fans.

It was about 50% death hype, desu.

The joke is the dude with fire powers wants water

Aren't you busy ruining the Justice League, Mr. Snyder?

Sup Forums plz.

Yeah, I get the joke. Harley's response seems too warm, or down to earth, I guess?

Because Jai Courtney isn't well liked no matter how good he looks in the movie.

Floyd has never been a sassy bald black dude with religious scripture written all over him.

That's effortless.

>Heat Legend didn't play the Joker as audiences knew him.

Sure he did.

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie so much?

I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks!

No? Romero Nicholson and Hamill were never about CHAOS and MUH PLANS

I thought you're talking about character, not appearance

Some people are upset that a movie with the unlikely premise of the Suicide Squad is turning into a "Harley's Boyfriend Problems" movie with Batman and Woll Smoth.

Because it's not Disney.

Well, everyone likes him as Boomerang

That's what Assault on Arkham was. And no one has much of a problem with it.

Well, that much is obvious.

Show us on this doll where Disney touched you.

Much of it is Snyder fallout.

If it was an Ayer standalone we'd still have to deal with weird decisions like the Joker tats, but the whole Snyderverse is an albatross for every DC movie from now on until it's over.