EXO SQUAD

This is Xcom the cartoon. I accidentally discovered this two weeks ago and have to say I'm impressed. Over 40 episodes of characters getting killed off and Gundam like mechs. So far I;m into season 2 Ep 20. How did this cartoon fly so under the radar? From my understanding the artists from X-men the cartoon with that guy who voices piccolo. Like many 80s cartoons this was made for the purpose of selling toys. I didn't expect mass genocide and holocaust references every now and then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rR7ktkOEeFw
youtube.com/watch?v=4zG0IBcZM_Q
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Exosquad
conceptsparks.com
youtube.com/watch?v=GZUeiuMOjt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=rR7ktkOEeFw

Bumping cause I want to share this gem i found.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zG0IBcZM_Q

Looks nice

Please give it a watch. It gets very "days of future past" very quickly before going full X-COM in season two.

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Exosquad

This show fucking rules. Used to watch it every morning before school.

Civilian casualties, genocide, biological weapons, concentration camps.. You know, kid stuff!

Damn, this brings back memories. It was pretty good back in the days. Pity it never got a third season.

Thank you.

But there was no blood! have to keep it kid friendly when things and people get blown up,eaten,drowned or crushed.

>Not a Nazi I wear.

>American anime
>gem

The only 'gem' in this case is the one adorned on your anal beads

kys please

>Not Rocksteady

The Jump Troops are fucking awesome.

bumping.

This was always one of those shows that I remember watching but don't actually remember. Are there actual decent quality rips of this or just something someone pulled off a vcr ten years ago?

decent quality but the seeding might be awful. Go for Pirate bays one.

Good to know, thanks!

this is the quality of it.

the toys for this show were awesome.

bumping. The longer the thread it is the more people will watch it.

First season got a DVD release several years ago.

>No ending.
>Really, really, really, really, really BAD animation

>"But the show is good because people DIE!"

What are you, 12 years old?

>"The American Anime"

That tagline is enough to ensure I never watch it.
Holy shit, that is trash.

>never watch it
>Trash

But the character work was phenomenal. The writing was really great. I'm sorry the pictures weren't pretty enough for you.

>The American Anime

Was that really it's fucking tagline or is that a shop?

a shop i hope. its actually fucking good.

Zing!

sure they are.
i still have one, but it's far from being in "collector" condition.

Bumping for animated XCOM

was exo squad based on anything?
gives me a battletech feeling with the mechs

Looks good enough, guess I'll be doing some torrenting tonight.

This didnt "fly under the radar" it was a pretty big deal when i was a kid, ive still got some of the toys and they're still pretty kickass.

Could someone do me a solid and stick the torrent file on a mediafire or something? My tablet is being a shit and keeps telling me the connection timed out when I try to get it from the bay of buccaneers.

Huh, I remember those toys looking better. I guess they were coated with my imagination back then.

This show was my jenga jam.

It's an original thing meant to compete with contemporary anime.

Sort of,

The creators wanted to make an American toon that was similar to Anime so the description is pretty close.

weren't there bigger mech ones with smaller pilots?

Yeah, they weren't all suits. Marsala and Nara piloted a two-seat fire support E-frame.

>I'm sorry the pictures weren't pretty enough for you.

>Animation is the least important part of animation

Yep, you're definitely twelve.

user, while i admit the animation from exo squad is crap, people around here knows best that you can have good stories in mediocre animations that can even make them a memorable item, and stunning animations that are utter garbage and quite forgettable.

I never got into it because Bucky O'Hare and BattleTech were more interesting to watch.

The animation on Exo squad is great. You just don't know what bad animation is. Now, if you were talking about Heckle and Jeckle, and Top Cat, that you could say was bad animation.

>Bucky O'Hare
I mean, it was okay. I just didn't-

>BattleTech
Oh. You're having a lark. Got it.

Exo-squad. Ah, only the $9.99-per-minute- voice of Janyce Jaude can improve on perfection.

>kys please
Why are you asking that user for a kiss, and why have you misspelled it?

For me, it was on at 6:30am on weekdays when I was in elementary school, so I never got to see it. The toys were great and included some battletech designs in their later toy lines.

It's good, but god damn, the designs are awful.

You realize that pretty much all cartoons that weren't by Disney or Warner Bros had crap animation, right? Hell, we were lucky that things like Swat Katz and Mighty Max had pretty decent animation along with their great writing.

What was bad about them? They look OK to me. Or are you the type who judges all the shows by some sorta "everything must be piloted by cute girls" trope? Have you ever read any Sargent Fury from Marvel or Commander Rock from DC? What do you think of The Dark Knight Returns comic? Anything by Kirby? No, war is ugly and so is the equipment used in it. Or is it the flashy 90's colours used, or the Future Clothes and haircuts? Exo-Squad did nothing wrong with the designs.

>no ending
The fuck are you talking about?

Not that guy, but they really did do a cliffhanger. The sapes lose, the humans are pulling Mars back together, and then some biomech ships show up in space and cause trouble and click- roll credits it just ends. Of course Exo-squad was very loosely adapted from the hit anime Robotech. E-S did their own thing, just hitting the main points from Robotech, but the show wasn't renewed for another season so no resolution on the Exo-squad Invid angle.

>Like many 80s cartoons this was made for the purpose of selling toys.

Then why was I watching this in 93?

>just hitting the main points from Robotech,
>Robotech.

This series is more proof that Harmony Gold is a cancer to anything it touches.

Robotech was huge at the time and they managed to somehow just crush it.

Do any of the hairstyles in ES seem normal to anyone? There's a lot of big hair or buzz-cut sides. Or mixing them both.

That was actually pretty normal for 80s hair. At least they didn't wear jams or parachute pants.

>Gundam like mechs

Not even remotely.

Because it wasn't made in the 80s. But if you liken it to G.I Joe in that the more suits that were in it the more toys they could sell.

Also holy shit i thought my thread would be well dead by now.

Netflix series when?

Matthew Marcus knew how to anime

I had some of the toys from this show and they were awesome, I'm not sure I ever actually watched it though.

I never seen this cartoon in Europe.

>American Anime
>American
>Anime

I won't watch this shit just on principle.

I'm still pissed to this day about it. I hope we get some kind of soft reboot or continuation some day.

>Exo-squad was very loosely adapted from the hit anime Robotech.
Incorrect.

I own all of these, minus Alec. Also have Maggie in the big Repair E-Frame, Nara, one of the Jump Troopers and a few other. All in near mint condition.

Rita and Kaz are the main two I still want to get my hands on.

If you like Avatar the last Airbender, you have no ground to stand on.

I had every one except for the Neo-Sapien Amphibious Assault E-Frame, which I could never find at any toy store. I'm pretty sure it must've been recalled because stupid kids put it in the bathtub or something.

Although, I guess now that I have the internet, I could look it up and find out for sure.

A weapon to surpass metal gear.

My god. I remember all these toys. The spring loaded missile launchers. The clicking gatling gun. Trying to desperately get the action figures to grip on the handles. So cool.

They were my brother's toys.

Too bad the action scenes were terribly animated and drawn out. Plus, season 2 was crap.

>Too bad the action scenes were terribly animated and drawn out.

Yeah, as much as these defenders are trying to insists that animation isn't important to an animated series, when you have an ACTION cartoon and the animation is god awful, it's pretty hard to appreciate the action.

....it's beautiful...

are these from a game?

Bump

No, it seems to be somebody's art portfolio. Sure is cool, though. There's a website on the image. conceptsparks.com

youtube.com/watch?v=GZUeiuMOjt8

>Was that really it's fucking tagline or is that a shop?

pretty sure its a shop; only time i ever seen it.

cool thanks!.

Got it at my moms house still... batteries even still work, I'd have it at my place but i simply dont have anywhere to put the damn thing

bumping.

>The American Anime
The show itself never claimed that. It was some stupid neckbeard term used back in the day for whatever reason.

>I can't appreciate cartoons older than me because I refuse to understand how hard it was to balance budgets in the days before digital animation
>I also don't know what cel animation was
You probably also hate old movies because they're not in color.

bumping for those who never seen the show.

"The American Anime"?

Are these niggaz serious?

>kys

Hotly memed, kiddo. Hotly memed.

Remember this was back in the day where anime wasn't the complied concentrated cancer infesting the west, that happened with pokemon.

I wonder what would have happened if Captain Harlock had become as popular as pokemon. There were fewer mechs than Exo-squad, and bigger hair.
>This far into an ES thread and no-one's arguing about cloning slender blue-skin neo-sapian girls for harmless ownership.

If you enjoy EXO Squad, you might want to check out BattleTech: The Animated Series.

>neo-sapian girls
They wanted to advance humanity and I assume the neo-sapian thing was a government scheme and not corporate. Shame cause of pokemon it taken me years to actually try Harlock.

I'll give it a watch. Also bumping again to up the awareness on Exo Squad. If the thread dies I hope this reached enough people to add more to the seeds and spread the availability. If I didn't discover it by luck I don't think they ever would be threads about it.

bump

IIRC the ending is kind of weak, but yeah it's definitely one of the best cartoons of its period.

Battletech was a LOT worse than Exo-squad though. And those goddamn awful 3D scenes...

>If I didn't discover it by luck I don't think they ever would be threads about it.
Don't flatter yourself. You're not rescuing this show from obscurity, if that's what you think. The show is already very well-loved by its fans, it's just that you haven't seen them in this particular board. You're only going to put other anons off by your tryhard approach. Let it bump organically.

On a related note did anyone ever actually see Starcom on TV as a kid? I have heard of it but never saw it back in the 80's and did anyone have the toys that went with it. Is this a good watch, Sup Forums?