Batgirl #1 Lettered Preview

From CBR.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/06/18/batgirl-leaves-burnside-for-singapore-and-okinawa-the-heroescon-batgirl-panel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No interview, though.

Variant by Francis Manapul.

The end for now.

Related link from BC:
bleedingcool.com/2016/06/18/batgirl-leaves-burnside-for-singapore-and-okinawa-the-heroescon-batgirl-panel/

The good bits from that link:

“I cannot talk much about it, but I am drawing a lot of Singapore and Okinawa,” [Rafael Albuquerque] explained. “We have designed a new chapter for Batgirl and she’s obsessed with a legendary hero who is some kind of character from the 1950s Okinawa. It looks like Batgirl, but it is not. The whole arc is about her visiting Asian countries and training to be a better hero who is not in the shadow of Batman. And there is the possibility of a love interest. Maybe.”

“Hope was one of the main reasons for me to do this,” he said. “Initially, my response to the offer was no, because how could we top what had already been done? But, this was scary and challenging for me and as it is her first mainstream work I’m enjoying it so much. Her story showed me there was a way to bring Batgirl into a new journey.”

Cool

My only hope for this run is for Barbara to eventually get a new costume.

I hope.

>that smug face
i hate it already

The costume is the reason why she got all the new attention in the first place so it's not going anywhere.

>IF I SEE THAT DAMN BATGIRL ONE MORE TIME

>Batgirl defending a man

is this real life?

If we go 1000 years without another generic Japanese schoolgirl assassin, it still wouldn't be long enough.

This.

The Burnside outfit is terrible and I want to see something else. I'd love to see a return to the more classic black/yellow look.

the Stewart costume looks so over designed and outdated next to slick streamlined DC rebirth looks.

This.

One of the more sly things Rebirth has done is to tone down the over-design all the costumes went through in the Nu-52.

The Burnside outfit could easily be simplified a bit and look far better.

The cover for 3 made me think we were getting a new Killer Moth and I loved the look. I guess I can deal with Fruit Bat lady for her to idolize. Is this guy she ran into anyone?

has anyone in creative addressed Batgirl doing the "white girl finds herself in exotic land" trope yet?

I don't think there's been any interviews.

The July books probably won't get any for a another week or two depending on when in July they come out

I hope

>Killer Moth as legit Batgirl villain
Fuck yeah

Nixe