Don't cheat on my wife

Don't cheat on my wife.

I only saw up to the first episode of the second season. How's this show stood the test of time? They don't reflect on current politics do they? Can I just turn this show on and stay away from any politicking of current events or elections? I liked the first season when it was totally fictional. Loved him as a vague figure touching on broad political corruption and shit, I don't want any specific jabs at current real political figures. Feel like every show and movie these days want to make a statement, I just liked it when he grabbed power and shit.

Yeah the show really doesn't force any political statements for the most part. the problem is now just the writing has gone to shit. the newest and worst season yet is just woman power bullshit

Stop watching after Season 2.

Post-S2 is like a completely different show. It's essentially fanfiction at this point.

Did they fire the original writers or what?
I dont understand how can that big of a drop in quality happen.

Not sure. It just seems like they had a very clear arc for the first 2 seasons, then had no plans for after Frank got elected. Should've stuck to 4 seasons.

Wow

Basically this.

>S06 ending
>HELP HELP THE PRESIDENT HAS FALLEN

Woah...

>the newest and worst season yet is just woman power bullshit
Is this a 'Sup Forums doesn't get the point' thread or a 'Sup Forums ruins the thread again' thread?
I un-ironically can't tell the difference.

why did cuckoldry work so well in this show is it because frank still held all the power

It's a psyop to convince southern men to let Jewish bulls impregnate their wives

it's an awful show that goes nowhere

If you're actually defending the fourth and fifth season, you are the problem, not Sup Forums

He sure showed him who is the alpha of the house!

>work so well
it didnt. this whole convoluted plotline with claire is what ruined the show. or at least put the final nail in the coffin

Robin Wright became a producer on the show, and was too retarded to understand why people liked her character. So instead of remaining the ambitious and morally ambiguous head of a newly multinational NGO, she decided she needed to become and actual politician.

Flash forward to the end of season 5, where Frank realizes its important to have someone outside of the official political sphere,
and resigns to become the ambitious and morally dubious head of an international NGO. It's fucking idiotic.

>My turn

S1 and S2 are decent enough, but once he actually becomes president there's nowhere to go from there and it's just Frank being a massive dickhead to deal with his problems rather being a subtle manipulator who acted like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

Show would have been a lot better if he remained the man behind the man, running the country from the shadows rather than actually being the POTUS.

The "Frank speaks to the audience" bits are still really good, but they become a lot rarer in later seasons.

seems like you missed the point friendo
season 4 and especially 5 are objectively bad, you can defend them if you want and blame "muh Sup Forums boogeyman" but its true. You just look like an idiot here.

Is this real? Why is there so much cuckoldry on tv these days?

Way too much virtue signalling and girl power fan fiction in the later seasons.

Does the cuck plot line lead anywhere? Stopped around ep3 s5.

At least Frank's cheating had reprucussions in the earlier seasons, now it's just their to show how powerful Claire is, I guess?

Writing was in the wall when Frank had the threesome with meechum.

>Frank was the one leaking information to the press to bring himself down
>Doug confesses to all of Frank's crimes because he's such a cuck sycophant
>Claire poisons Tom and then fucks him to death because that's totally the most sensible way to murder someone in a way that won't be traced back to you

THIS FUCKING SEASON

does this actually happen?

does he actually tell his bull not to cheat on his wife?

>my turn

INTO THE TRASH

Yeah, Tom fucked some tour guide against a lectern. Frank has a go at him for it. Also, Frank fucks his (male) fitness instructor who promptly becomes obsessed with him.

I stopped watching this after season 2

What the fuck am i reading ITT

Is this some new kinda meme or did they actually make all this stuff happen in the show

like poetry

>every side character rallying around Claire because MUH FEMALE PRESIDENT despite her being clearly just as monstrous as Frank

It's like the writers really thought Hillary was going to win.

Would the show have been better if Conway had won and the focus moved to him?

>Doug is replaced by a female version of him to do all the Underwoods' shady shit

Yes. Conway is perfection in male form

Re-watching season 1. Fuck Claire. Fucking bitch killed the watershed act just to get her goddamn shipment of filters.

it didn't it was shit

Is Kevin Spacey's acting sub-par or am I too pleb to appreciate it?

Here's what I mean. Whenever he intimidates someone, I don't feel very threatened. His tone of voice and body language feel artificial, like something he drilled and practiced, but there's no emotion behind it.

Stamper, on the other hand, is one scary and determined psycho.

But maybe Spacey is metaacting? His character himself is a politician, who practiced delivering those lines and I just can't tell the difference.

I want a Doug backstory. Not about his drinking, but his relationship with Frank and why he's so loyal.

>Also, Frank fucks his (male) fitness instructor who promptly becomes obsessed with him.
wtf was the point of this?

>Does the cuck plot line lead anywhere?

no, you can completely cut his character out of the show and it would have no effect on the plot

They better not fucking make claire the main character and put frank in prison for next season. I will personally murder robin wright if this happens.

I fucking love Doug
Michael Kelly is one of the highlights of the show.

No, Spacey is an overrated ham
Doug is the best part of the show yeah

she is way more powerful than doug

Conway just getting unceremoniously deposed off-screen because of the GIVE ME THE MOTHERFUCKING CONTROLS freak out was pretty shit. I was assuming whatever the fuck he's not telling people about that rescue mission he did would be what sunk him in the end.

Him in the dark using the VR set as a PTSD aid at the end of the episode hit me right in the feels though.

Stamper was pretty scary in the early seasons, then the Freudian mommy issues and unexplained sycophancy to Frank just went on and on and I just found him more depressing than anything by the end, even after he'd straight-up murdered someone for the Underwoods.

She's straight up some sort of Illuminati type. She just appears out of no where, has top clearance despite not being a politician, has the ear of every single government on the earth to the point of brokering deals for everyone, and has a private black-ops network. The whole time she was on screen I was expecting her to mention a friend who smokes too much.

The guy knows how to be intimidating as fuck desu. If he was a little younger he would be the perfect Adam Jensen, he's even got the voice for it.

Kevin Spacey is a world class actor, it's metaacting, disregard the MAGA/cuckposters