Reminder that this is canon

Reminder that this is canon.

I hope Rebirth will reverse this dumb retcon

It made Freeze into a good character

Does the context imply that he never had a wife? Or that his mania had him latch to multiple women since then?

Who cares, he's a shit character regardless.

Captain Cold > Mr. Freeze.

>Turning a tragic husband into a creepy stalker
>good

Eat shit.

They're good for different reasons desu, not really comparable.

He's latched onto one woman. Here, Nora is a woman who was frozen decades ago. Because Victor Fries is obsessed with cold, he became obsessed with her and deluded himself into thinking the BTAS origin was real.

Most things Nu52 changed should be changed right back.

Yeah and it was great. if there was anything beyond one great BTAS episode i'd get the bitching

I liked them both. The new version is more novel.

Oh no, a single great episode from a cartoon series isn't canon in the comics. Get over it,

Post-Crisis fags are awful

It was the one thing that made Mr. Freeze different from every other Batman villain. Now he's just another nut. It's a damn shame.

If it was Marvel that made this change, everyone would agree with you but since DC is the golden poster child this is a fine change

It doesn't work beyond a single story

Wasn't she his mother instead?

I will never not be mad about this. Its an excuse to keep reusing Freeze because LOL HES CRAZY. DC can eat a dick

>it's okay for poorly written moments to be canon

oh what?

Get fucked DC you don't know a gift when it's dropped into your lap. Even literally fifteen years later that plot is THE defining Mr Freeze scene for me. The shot of Mr Freeze knelt before her at the bottom of the ocean was iconic.

Haha no.

No, that was just another stupid thing they did.

I'm sorry, but how do you figure? I'll admit that this was a good twist. But that's all. It's way harder to work with and removes any sympathy you might have for the character.

> Mfw captain cold is now the better dc ice villain

Batman Beyond

Mister Freeze was barely a character before that episode numbnuts. It became his canon origin. Everything about NuFreeze is insulting

Just as Johns planned.

I really like his old origin but it never made sense for her to be frozen FOREVER, he'd have to get lucky or finally save her. But that means no more Mr Freeze so that's not great.

Someone should just have fucked up and accidentally or purposefully unfroze her, and let her die while Freeze swears murderous vengeance.

And he dies in that episode.
Those are your 2 choices, you kill him off or you make him a full villain.

In his comic origin, he accidentally shattered Nora while fighting Batman. Some hack brought her back with fire powers in the mid 00s.

I'm hoping that part of the 10 years that were stolen involved his marriage to Nora. There was a big emphasis on lost relationships, I hope this was one of them

Before he was a tragic villain falling into evil because of his genuine desire to do right by the love of his life. Now he's just LOLCRAZY like every fucking other Batman villain.

I think a better progression would have been Freeze realizing Nora would never get better, so he eventually gets delusional trying to relive happier memories with Nora in odd ways, literally trying to freeze a moment in time. That way you have the wiggle room to keep using him but still give him some sympathy. This change? Hes just a crazy asshole who fabricated love and does selfish things

reminder that is happened

>Lenny "muh sister" Snart saying those things
Uh huh.

But that was Flashpoint, user. Where Lenny was a heroe of sorts

>Penguin should still be a criminal informant for Batman
>Freeze should be with his cured wife or at the very least in a Wayne lab working on her cure
>Riddler should be a P.I. with his not murdered daughter
>Harley should seek professional help
>Ivy should be going Captain Planet on corrupt corporate types that covertly violate laws ranging from bribery to genocide to plunder the planet's resources
>Joker should be dead
>Two Face never made any god damn sense in the first place and is a shit character
>Why the fuck are they making insane cannibal Killer Croc a fucking hero of the downtrodden?
>Why the fuck haven't we gotten a heroine Clayface Annie yet? Fucking everyone remembers that episode! There's 50 billion Clayfaces at this point, seriously what the fuck?!?
>Joker should die and stay die
>Catwoman and Batman should have married 5ever ago to prevent other retarded ships from entering canon even momentarily
>Fat Waller is best Waller and exploding heads instead of disabling in literally any other way is 3edgy5me
>What's the deal with all the lesbians and bisexual chicks in Gotham? I mean seriously, god damn. Is it some sort of reaction from all the toxic chemicals villains spray everywhere?

>Pshh, nothin personnel kid
People like Cold too

Arkham City.

>Why the fuck are they making insane cannibal Killer Croc a fucking hero of the downtrodden?
Because it's actually interesting, being a generic monster is boring. Also, not the first time they did that.

Why's his helmet made out of hexagons?

You mean Arkham Knight DLC. That was some sweet DLC story-wise

>In his comic origin, he accidentally shattered Nora while fighting Batman.
That's honestly how it should be, and then he delusionally thinks Batman had done it. Also why does DC have such a boner for Snart over Freeze?

Freeze no pun intended is literally a cold, killing machine. No wacky plots or maniacal laughter. He just shows up out of nowhere for something, with an unbelievably dangerous weapon and then vanishes again once he's gotten it or failed.

>muhh status quo

No, a major part of the plot was Joker commissioning Freeze to make him an antidote by kidnapping Nora, and Freeze fights Batman in order to get him to save Nora in return for the antidote, which Joker steals.

>That's honestly how it should be, and then he delusionally thinks Batman had done it.
But that's worse than the current angle.

Yeah, I knew that. I was referring to user saying that Freeze works as a single story. That plot was sweet too tho

Redemption for the generic monster goes out the window after he eats someone without giving a fuck (unless he goes through a tortured as fuck phase).

The character stops being interesting when it becomes inconsistent as fuck.

Why give a shit when there is fuck all grounding the character in any given motivation or emotion?

>The character stops being interesting when it becomes inconsistent as fuck.
That's a problem with 99% of characters in cape comics.

There's literally nothing
NOTHING
about "Deep Freeze" or "Subzero" that undermines "Heart of Ice". The only thing that milks his story too far is "Cold Comfort", and The New Batman Adventures ruined a lot of stuff, so that's not exactly surprising.

>he eats someone without giving a fuck
Ever since the New 52, he only eats people who kind of had it coming, never innocents.

It's a single story that gets broken up in a few acts. beyond SubZero there's not much you can do with the character, his story is pretty much over.

Two-Face is great, go fuck yourself

Well, if you're going to be that broad about it, then I guess I can't argue with that.

>. Also why does DC have such a boner for Snart over Freeze?

No one does.

It's just Johns trying to push that shitty character. The new52 shit has been rumored to be sugested by Johns, it's not a funny fan theory, it's literally a well known fact that Johns get triggered by Freeze, the guy hates freeze, there's a pretty well known anecdote that now has been exagerated. the Cold REEEEEEEEEaction of Johns:
Fansasked Johns to sign a Freeze image calling him Captain cold as a joke, and Johns gets mad and doesnt sign anything and tells the fan to fuck off.

That was the original story, the Sup Forums version is hat Johns started to scream, insulted the fan, stormed into his office and refused to go out, asked for hundreds of Freeze comics to burn them and became and became cold pepe.

I like the Cold pepe version more

notice every example people point out as it "working" are just retellings and nothing that works in the long term to keep him compelling beyond the origin

>citation needed

>What's the deal with all the lesbians and bisexual chicks in Gotham? I mean seriously, god damn. Is it some sort of reaction from all the toxic chemicals villains spray everywhere?
Gotham's a weird town, after a while you stop caring about any sort of anomaly that isn't actively causing you harm.

>Also why does DC have such a boner for Snart over Freeze?

because he's just better

Dr Manhattan stole his Waifu.

>Also why does DC have such a boner for Snart over Freeze?

>insert master of absolute zero may may here

Cold has never been good.

Is there a list of comics to read for New 52-Current Killer Croc?

Reminder that Mr Freeze has sex with prostitutes that look like Nora per Batman 700

Why choose to be wrong like this? Even for a meme it's not worth it

>unironically liking Captain Reddit

not particularly. His villain's month one shot is the one you want to read. He also made some appearances in Eternal and Catwoman that were decent.

>His villain's month one shot is the one you want to read.
What's it called? And do you know which comics in Eternal and Catwoman he appeared in are?

Why there haven't been any mr. freeze time traveling stories yet?

People says that he will be only batman villains that will survive/outlive most of his villains. Or hell, Make him weather wizard.

Tragic Villain > Madman - any day of the week.

This new Freeze could take steps back toward noble, maybe. But it seems like he's not a priority. Folks much prefer the joker pulling faces off people again.

>let's make him a discount Weather Wizard since making him a discount Cold didn't work

flawless suggestion

Psssh........... nothing personal, Freeze.

Batman #23.4: Killer Croc #1

Thanks.

>canon
>Mattering in comic books.

Only Johnsfags like Cold, Cold has always been boring. WW and grodd are the superior villians, but cold? the guy is shit.

>have event where characters are hunted down
>the hunters are masterful assassins each sent to a target
>their one weakness is cold
>send red hood, starfire, and arsenal to protect Freeze from his assassin
what do you expect

I wonder if the user working on this ever finished it.

Reminder that what makes Mr. Freeze great and his defining character trait holds him back from ever having any actually good stories because he's le 'sympathetic' villain

OP's image was an attempt to fix the character

Real talk Johns is a literal Pepe when it comes to his faves. Barry, Hal, Leonard, Sinestro, etc. He got all his favorite characters on the Justice League by the end of the run, fucking sidelining J'onn to make room for Cyborg.

It's why I love him. He has the same husbandos as me.

>Sup Forums pretends they never liked Captain Cold episode
Ok Sup Forums. Never change

Are you stupid?

The 52 is over

Cold was never among the most popular rouges

That you call it "The 52" illustrates that you don't understand anything really

Though it is strange the exact same memes are being used that were in the injustice thread...

And it failed because there weren't any good Freeze stories after this one happened and not for lack of trying.

We all know Mirror Master is #1 but Cold is like top 3 at worst

>m-muh tragic villain!!!
>le tragic villain = good character meme

Fuck off

>>Two Face never made any god damn sense in the first place and is a shit character

Holy shit fuck off. Your post reeks of being a fucking secondary.

That's not how you spell Captain Boomerang.

>implying he wasn't better before.
but it was really personal.

Hey it is the same shitposter! What the injustice fags stopped biting? Kek get a life

I don't really like Boomerang that much outside of Suicide Squad but he was so GOAT there that it's hard to bump him down a lot.

McCulloch is good all the time.

Blaming a lack imagination on the character's origin is a poor argument. The character wants something that another character doesn't want him to have. Changing situations, opportunities, other interested parties - a proper willing writer could apply themselves to the established framework without such drastic changes.

ma nigga

Captain Coldsteel shouldn't be on the League but Hal and Barry definitely deserve it.

>but Cold is like top 3 at worst

No, the series and Johns have pushed the character a lot. But he wasnt even top 3 ice characters in DC

>Not top 3 ice villains
That's bullshit and you know it. What has Icicle and Chillbane suddenly grown in popularity overnight?