This is a storyboard from all grown up

this is a storyboard from all grown up

Other urls found in this thread:

kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/142251040454/bad-jubies-network-pitch-storyboard
lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rugrats_"Incredible_Storyboard_Jam"_(1998_Banned_In-House_Comic)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Storyboards always look less ugly than the actual show

This is a storyboard from steven universe

Is she sitting on a table?

LOOK AT THE FIRST GOD DAMN PANEL, GUYS.

Batman intro storyboard.

If it's fake, it's a damn good fake.

If it's real, it's very messy for a storyboard.

If you really want to be sure, you'll have to find the person who drew it.

Damn I love storyboarding. It's what I'm trying to break into for tv and film.

>color storyboards

it's cool looking, but man it looks like it uses up a lot of resources. or at least more than what's necessary.

I can practically hear the music playing while I look at these.

This is the show's opening, it's going to be seen hundreds of times, it better look good. A more detailed storyboard (and one that's broken down so perfectly) goes a long way to make the animation better.

Literally the most hypest opening of any show

Not Sup Forums but here's some storyboards from Kill la Kill
1/2

If you've ever done boards for a show being animated overseas you'd know just how far they can stray from the mark.

retakes retakes retakes.

For something as important as the intro I can 100% understand Timm getting this as tight as possible.

If you're reffering to the shading they use it because of lighting. If they do it during the storyboarding process the animators and colorists don't have to loose even more time with the hastle.

2/2

why storyboard live action

What were these things even supposed to be?

Like, police zeppelins or something?

why are you even doing this? you said yourself it's not Sup Forums.

God damn anime fags in almost every thread daily
>"not Sup Forums but..."

>Vroom!
heh

fucking weeaboos ruining Sup Forums

>If you've ever done boards for a show being animated overseas
Have you?

Incredible

Yes. Two shows that were both animated in Korea. If the boards weren't perfectly on model the animators would draw directly to what was laid down or basically just go back and trace the model sheets making everything look lifeless.

You're a former storyboarder?

Tell me more...

What the fuck does it say on the side?

>it's a I'm too young to have a baby episode

when you're doing a show entirely in-house, making each episode the week before it airs, you don't have a lot of time to worry about storyboards before drawing the actual frames

What shows? If you won't say that then are they currently running?

Yes

Sometimes writers submit storyboards, too. Although that looks more like a joke.

pic related. Ohba's storyboards for bakuman.

How does one get into storyboarding?
Is it always so polished and background-heavy?

someone post the bad jubies

kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/142251040454/bad-jubies-network-pitch-storyboard

This shit?

I feel up to the task now.

>he was nice enough to put one of their hats back on

>That gintama episode that was on storyboard form

Well, for starters, there are two types of storyboarders. The traditional type are kind of like a middleman between writers and animators. Their job is to figure out how each scene should look and put it down on paper in an easy to follow way. The second type is kind of a writer/storyboarder hybrid where the middleman is cut out, but emphasis is usually placed on the writing abilities over the storyboarding. As a result, the storyboards, and by extension the animation direction, tends to suffer.

For the former, it depends entirely on how well you can make an easy to follow storyboard. The ability to predict things that Korean animators could mess up, for example, is vital. Also notice how the backgrounds are detailed enough that you can get a sense for where in the shot the characters are supposed to be (see the PPG reboot for examples of things like the Professor walking onto a table because the scene direction was bad).

The later, you need to have the same skills, but you don't really need to be as good at them. Sequential storytelling ability is usually what they look for first and foremost.

If you want a job doing either, I suggest you start by studying professional storyboards and try doing your own. To actually break into it, you need to keep your eyes open for an opening. To get a job on a pre-existing show, they usually make you storyboard a scene from an older episode as a test to make sure you know how to clearly express all of the movement with still images. I don't know what they make you storyboard on a show that's entering production (you probably need prior experience for that).

Either way, it's pretty doable if you're dedicated and can draw.

Oh jeez he's melting

Link? Last thing I knew about that did that was Gumball episode were they didn't want to sellout for money

I don't remember the exact number, the series is like 300 episodes so far. I'll look for it.

Thanks for the info, user.

>I suggest you start by studying professional storyboards and try doing your own.
I feel dumb for not thinking of this. I've mostly been leaning on what I learned in my film classes. Do you know any good caches of this sort of stuff, or am I best off just sort of googling around?

Would you mind taking a look at some stuff and letting me know if I'm way off the mark?

I won't say which shows because it will reveal who I am and then people will say I'm just trying to get attention. But no, the shows aren't running anymore. They were for Cartoon Network and Disney TV. And yes, former boarder. I quit to do freelancing.

This is the Rugrats storyboard jam.
lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rugrats_"Incredible_Storyboard_Jam"_(1998_Banned_In-House_Comic)

-_- dude

i love this
>FRED FLINTSTONES HOME
>my little c-word even though he says bitch earlier
>tommy looking evil for no reason in the second panel
>tommy having some sort of seizure for no reason in the second bottom panel

Do we know your name?

This is because it was claymation of course.

>i wont say
>...because...
saw that coming

...Is there a way to contact you?

Oh shit. Are there anymore storyboard jams out there?

>that link
So some of the animators actually drew and passed around pictures of stu doing angelica? Damn, that's hardcore.

stop

>God damn anime fags in almost every thread on this anime website

there's a board for that kind of animation, stop cherry picking terms and being a dick about it to instigate

In addition to storyboard jams, there's also a tradition at Nick for whoever's in charge of the show to write a "final episode" script as a joke. They apparently range from the main character going crazy and killing everyone to the world being destroyed by aliens. Bye Bye Beavers is the only one that's ever leaked, to my knowledge, and only because Daggit and Norbert's VAs did a recording of it for fun. It was extremely clean compared to what supposedly happens in most of them.