How did Sup Forums's opinion on pic related flip so hard in recent years?

How did Sup Forums's opinion on pic related flip so hard in recent years?

Contrarians

this

Shows based on hype tend to crash after a few years. I still like it though.

Contrarian snowflake complex. When big older brother reddit likes something, Sup Forums has to hate it for some reason.

Sup Forums is older than Reddit and Reddit takes all their memes from here

Season 5 being ruined by Vince "I wrote the first scene of the season without planning shit and it fucking shows" Gilligan negatively impacted people's opinion of the show as a whole. In addition, the spinoff about a shitty side character that ended up eclipsing the main show in quality by a significant margin also played a part.

In retrospect Breaking Bad is extremely childish and poorly writen compared to BCS. Only the first season of Breaking Bad was genuinely great.

it got insanely popular right around when the quality of the show started to dip.
>Only the first season of Breaking Bad was genuinely great.
why do you lie, liar

what

Every season after the first got worse and worse, my man

It was not bad. Some parts were pretty good. I lost interest in season 2 at some point, when Walt started to treat his family badly. Walt was just not a good lead character. Walt was an interesting character, but basically a gimmick. If the story had focused on Jessie, it probably would have been a more engaging story. Either that, or the story should have just ended after season 2.

Mike should have killed Walter at the end of Season 3.
That way, the moral of the story would be much more coherent and reasonable.
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

There was always a love/hate dynamic on Sup Forums once the show got ridiculously overhyped.

As "that guy" who got really into it early and was trying to turn friends on I apologize for everything.

All things considered, Breaking Bad never really jumped the shark. Some seasons dipped in quality, and there were some ass pulls towards the end, but all in all, it was a decent show.

Can't say the same for GoT. Definitely the worst case of a once incredible show totally jumping the shark.

The general stance on Sup Forums has been pretty consistent, it was pretty good (even great) up until season 4 and then it dipped significantly in quality. Vince wrote himself into a corner with the Live Free or Die flashforward and didn't have the time (or talent) to come up with something that lived up to the hype. It was by that point that AMC was already putting the pressure on them with the budget and and actors' pay, Vince was seriously considering shopping the show around to other networks (that's all factual information that's been out there for years, not just speculation) until AMC relented with the 5A/5B deal which I believe was a technicality that allowed AMC to not negotiate new contracts for a 6th season. If I remember right, the season 4 finale was purposefully directed in a manner that it could be accepted as a series finale if a deal for further seasons didn't pan out, and the show seriously lost its edge after probably the biggest moment in the entire series that was never topped. Vince pussied out and played it as safe as possible with season 5 because all eyes were on the show and he was afraid of letting people down.

was it really that good of a series?

I agree with everything. This guy has the 100% truth Sup Forums

>capitalizing reddit

Didn't you post this image a few hours ago?

What does that even mean, jump the shark

intellectual hipsterism

Last season was the best one.

>shitty side character
amazing side character, at least to start with
>In retrospect Breaking Bad is extremely childish and poorly writen compared to BCS.
BCS has some serious fucking problems in terms of entertainment, lacks accessibility and direction, I barely give a fuck what happens in it or what's going to happen

also about contrarianism or whatever, overhype leaves a foul taste in the mouth
>wah you're all just contrarian
stop trying to shove its dick down my throat

I really try to step back from everybody else's opinions/presence and form my own views but it's fucking difficult when there's so much dick riding (and the complete opposite) around

it's not very rewatchble

>(or talent)
Vince has the talent lad. Say what you want about his work on Breaking Bad, but his work on The X Files and BCS show that he has some serious talent for TV writing.

Good but pretty overrated.

Future watches of the series have to have every single Skylar scene fast-forwarded

What an unbearable fucking cunt

Mr. White is a cuck for putting up with her nonsense. Also rediculous how they did the walk-walter jr. Relationship. Like you're never going to get angry at your retarded faggot son.

Lots of feminists and faggots made this show but it's watchable if you skip the scenes with Skylar in it

If he has the talent which I can believe he may very well have, then he held or was held back during season 5 and said talent wasn't allowed to flourish. He had some pretty dark and heavy ideas for Breaking Bad throughout the course of the series (stuff like Tuco killing Jesse instead of No-Doze, and a captive Krazy-8 killing Walt Jr. (with a shotgun trap Walt left as an option for Krazy-8 to kill himself with)), and I think he made the right choice going for something more understated instead of just edging it up all the time because it made stuff like Jesse killing Gale and the wheelchair bomb all the more poignant in relative terms, but season 5 was the point where I feel the series lost its teeth and would've benefited greatly from being more daring.

>pussy out on everything for years
>h-he was held back

>BCS has some serious fucking problems in terms of entertainment, lacks accessibility and direction, I barely give a fuck what happens in it or what's going to happen

not my fault you're an entry-level prole who needs to be spoon-fed everything.

fpbp

yeah, spoonfeed me good entertainment haha
spoon-fed what anyway? I understand everything, I just don't really care for a fleeting story line
ooh will Kim ever come to terms with how she got Mesa Verde
will Saul sell him commercial spots and finish his community service
will Chuck get over his electricity allergy (or will we ever get a coherent and satisfying answer to it's existence)
will Gus come back in the next episode
will Taco kill Hector (and what relevance does it have other than a side line story of Mike's side line story)

it's all over the place and not interesting enough to pull it off

This. After your first time it's pretty hard to binge. Season 2 is awful and 3 and 4 could have been one season. There's way too much of a lull before Gus dies.

when everyone and their grandmother started watching it. It was no longer Sup Forumss secret show