What did Sup Forums think of Age of Apocalypse?

What did Sup Forums think of Age of Apocalypse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qmb9cnx__hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was very disappointed, it tried to up the stakes but by the end, it felt like nothing changed. Apocalypse got his horsemen, had a fight at the end and that was it. It's a shame because I like First Class and DoFP.

I felt the same way. It felt as though it was trying to build a world-changing even but in the end, it was 10 mutants fighting in a desert.

Pretty good, it's a shame they didnt use the white dress for mystique, i mean she hates the naked suit, why not give her the dress? also, wasnt "i don't want to be looked by horny teens" a better excuse to not look blue?

The movie was pretty fun, the wolverine cameo was really good (and i hate wolverine), loved the magneto arc, and it's great that they didnt go for the "o nooes, aploclipse it killing my son, now im gud" i was fearing.

Nice movie, needed more asian girls. Munn wasnt terrible.

Average. Like most Xmen movies besides First class/X2/X1.
6/10

I enjoyed it
but it was some lazy ass story telling.

Yeah, the plot was the worst thing about the movie.

It's the third most entertaining I've found a mainline X-film, after X2 and DOFP.

The plot was weaker than expected, and the dialogue could have been better...but Oscar Isaac was fucking amazing as Apocalypse.

thankfully munn only had like 90 seconds of screen time.

>Oscar Isaac was fucking amazing as Apocalypse.
I'll agree there. I would have rooted for him.

The way he regarded Archangel after he got killed seemed to contradict his behaviour from the rest of the movie just to give Psylocke a reason to distrust him, though.

It was okay. It wasn't bad enough to offend me or good enough for me to want to see it again. The only things that stood out were Quicksilver and nightcrawler.

>Angel takes part in a fighting ring
>As soon as he loses a fight he decides the world should end
ow the edge

More like the Sage of Apocalypse

>didnt even tried to make apocalypse menacing
>Havoc died and nobody cared
>why did they brought back that chick from FC?
>out of place quicksilver scene
>underdevelopped horsemen
>shit fights
>Pussy quicksilver
>random wolverine cameo
At least the x-kids were good.

He didn't WANT to fight, he just knew the people would kill him if he didn't, add to that his freedom cost him to be crippled and unable to fly, I'd say he had reason to be pissed.

i understand that perfect comic-accuracy isn't that big a deal or that important, but it's also not very hard to achieve. at least to get the FEEL of a character's looks. Like okay, you wanna make the kingpin a big fat bald BLACK guy? that's fine. he had the right feel for that character. but.. fuckin apocalypse is supposed to have a broad flat nose, big weird lips, little eyes.. he's supposed to look creepily inhuman. casting just a regular looking guy as him really spoils it. It's not like x-men doesnt have tons of regular-guy-except-skin-color characters, like mr sinister and whatnot. pocky needs to be a black guy or maybe a samoan or something. as much as people like to shoehorn minorities into things, they couldn't use one when they're appropriate?

He was given a power-up and metal wings by the mutant messiah. Why wouldn't he follow him?

>>>Havoc died and nobody cared
I was sure that Apocalypse took him or something.

Where did he take him then? We never saw him later in the movie after the explosion.

I meant during the movie I got the wrong impression. I was like, oh maybe Apocalypse took him too and I didn't realise.
Because yeah, it seemed like a comic book "death" rather than Scott's brother actually getting killed.

why would he
he wasn't even given the wings by choice

>>he wasn't even given the wings by choice
His wing was visibly scarred and he couldn't fly properly.
He didn't just get his ability of flight back, he got an impressive show of power.

Oh right, sorry about the misunderstanding, dude.

>>>out of place quicksilver scene
>wow look at me I can save dozens of people from an explosion that already started before I even entered the house
>wow a sound gun fuck me, can't dodge that

How did a single wooden arrow kill a mother and child instantly?

Straight through both their hearts. Or something.

I thought it was a little cheap.

There was way too many blue people in this. Seriously, why are there so many blue people?

If you had wings, and you could fucking fly, would you just be okay with losing them? Or would you join the guy who's offering to replace them with better, cooler wings and give you the chance to fuck everyone up for what you had to go through?

I thought it wasn't worth going to see.

Good point.
>forced to fight under threat of death by humans
>wings get fucked up as a result
>guy fixes wings and offers way to get revenge on humans

>Angel forced to fight clearly against his will
>is crippled in the process
>left to drown in his sorrow there after
>given power and a new purpose by a god

Sure its edgy but I mean he's a henchman relax.

Racist.

It felt rushed.
The horsemen were barely developed.
The x-men were just thrown together, had half a minute to say 'hi' and then sent to battle.
Nothing Apocalypse did had any real impact.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qmb9cnx__hA

There's no body. He can come back.

>Havoc died and nobody cared
Not just that
>Hinted that he died with the rest of the characters from first class off screen, they showed his broken disc with items from the rest of the team
>brought him back without any mention of it
>then have him be solely responsible for destroying the mansion and almost killing everyone

Havoc was fucking pointless. Why couldn't they have Apocalypse destroy the mansion?

>Why couldn't they have Apocalypse destroy the mansion?
It was the only reason for Cyclops to give a shit. Havoc's death gave us leader Cyclops

Should've killed off JLaw.

Mystique rescued him from Vietnam in DoFP. They never hinted that he died off-screen.

It was funny how he couldn't really cry because laser eyes. It reminded me of Neo's blindfolded "crying" in The Matrix.

pretty good, in the top half of quality for X men movies

dunno why they gave it 47%

I know

Too much stuff going on and brought the movie down but it was still good.

Oh right, I saw that, didn't I.

Somehow they manage to make Jlaw look worse in every movie.

come on disney, you have enough money, you don't need to rob rotten tomatoes as well.

>Pretty good, it's a shame they didnt use the white dress for mystique, i mean she hates the naked suit, why not give her the dress? also, wasnt "i don't want to be looked by horny teens" a better excuse to not look blue?

because she'd still have to have the blue makeup, and because she'd be wearing white it would have to be latex, and she's been exposed to latex so extensively that it would really be surprising if she hadn't been heavily sensitized to it

that means it provokes an allergic reaction

there's more than one reason to hate a naked suit, user, and to be honest, most actors don't really care who sees them naked, if it's for the job and the job is worth doing

but this is some ridiculous flyblown franchise nobody ever really cared about

What bothered me the most is that they still can't make characters jump or move in the air without it looking really fucking weird.

He really was Ivan Ooze, but blue.

it reminded me of that one Tails Gets Trolled picture. You know the one with Porky Pig losing his wife and child.

>Made less than 500 mil

Jesus what a fucking shit show

he didnt see it and didnt know what it was

I feel Magneto and his new family was wasted, he already was in Hitler mode at the end of the last movie, to introduce new characters for temporary character growth feels kinda cheap.

>a muh strong womyn lead

FUCKING DROPPED

Best capeshit of the year so far.

i'm sure it's been covered but it still confuses me.
if quicksilver's strong enough and durable enough to punch apocalypse at super speed, should his leg bones have snapped that easy?
Shouldn't he have been snapping his bones throwing punches and kicks?

Speed Force

Or rather Speed X-Gene