Man of Steel

Exactly 4 years ago today this perfect movie was released to a wide flawed audience. How based is this movie exactly?

>zero memeing
>zero SJW bullshit
>zero faggotry
>100% Superman kicking ass and finding his identity as the most powerful being in the world

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTb5jJu9pho
youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>zero memeing

ITS NOT AN S
IT
MEANS
HOOOPE

it's almost perfect

Very good film with moments of greatness. Really liked it. Classic Superman moments, the Kryptonians were awesome.

Go back to Sup Forums with your anti-art sensibilities

>religious why
>look he made a cross in space so Jesus

Oh my god my sides. Theres no way this is serious.

>zero SJW bullshit
>Krypton gets destroyed by climate change because old white males government wouldn't listen to scientists.
>villain is eugenics-loving military guy who fights for survival of his own race
>hero performs thousands of abortions
>Superman is a symbol of free will and liberal ideals
>zero faggotry
>Superman cries after defeating villain even though Marvel chads will literally make jokes and whistle after killing people
>Superman spends his entire life crying or remembering that time he was crying

Was this post made by someone over the age of 18? I find it hard to believe so

>completely missing the point that choice and freedom are the ultimate form of conservative ideology as it values the most important aspect of the gift of life: free will. It's up to the individual to recognize what's important in life, and the "degenerative bloodlines" that Zod forcefully wants to destroy will die off naturally

You tried though

It relied too much on the audience filling in their own preconceptions of Superman instead of giving him proper motivations for becoming that Superman, or some other one for that matter. It's still a watchable.

if America and the world were more intelligent MoS would be the highest grossing movie of all time.

>expecting anything more from children of pajeethood

What was your favorite scene? Mine was when Clark stands and watch his dad die just because he was told not to help. Such a great scene.

Krypton prologue is A+
Hans Zimmer's soundtrack is A
Faora is B+
Amy Adams is B
Rest is C+

The weakest part is Henry Cavill.

you should watch marvel movies then. because the hero and the villian sometimes have dance-offs EPIC BRO

I really liked it.
>Pa Kent wanting to protect his son, even possibly at the cost of other lives
>Ma Kent letting him know that he didn't owe the world anything.
>He chooses to take the earth under his protection, even against his own kind.
>Zod's motivation and his "and now I have no people" line.
>Fight scene actually felt like super powered gods fighting each other.
>Faora!

It was a 9/10 imo. Loved it.

This. I walked out of the theater after that. I felt I'd seen a complete and finished movie by then. So perfect.

>choice and freedom are the ultimate form of conservative ideology
>keep things how they were and don't allow change from established order = choice and freedom
nice one mate

Pedro do we have to post your picture again?

SJW numale detected

Change PA Kent death
Get rid of world engine fight (just cut to Superman fighting Zod...the ending is too long)

Solid 7/10 film
Only plebs disagree

>MY SOUL... THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN FROM ME
Michael Shannon was a Zod-tier villain

There's two reasons why Man of Steel failed imo.

1. For a movie that drives home the point that Clark feels like an outcast and is desperately wandering the world trying to figure out where he belongs, Snyder seems extremely uninterested in how Clark and the Kryptonians relate to each other when they meet. Why not show Clark's initial joy at finally meeting other members of his species and thinking on some level, "finally I'm not a freak". In the novelization of Man of Steel, it's mentioned that apparently there's psychological differences between the different castes and that the military branch lacks empathy. Why not showcase that? Have Clark try again and again to connect with Zod and his crew only to realize that there's something fundamentally "off" about these aliens?

2. It doesn't dwell on how Clark feels after he's killed Zod. Yes, Clark screams for a bit after killing Zod, but then the movie cuts away to Clark being bright and cheery arriving at the Daily Planet without an explanation for how he got to that point. Even though killing Zod was the right thing to do, how does Clark feel knowing that he's the cause of his species' final extinction and that he's sacrificed his chance at "belonging" for a planet that has yet to accept him?

yeah this scene really makes you think, like if my dad handed me a gun and told me to shoot him in the head could I do it? I love my dad and would do anything for him sure, but do I love him so much I could kill him?

these are the kind of questions other capeshit movies don't dare to ask

Nah fuck fun. I hate fun. Fun is for plebs, not wicked psychos like us.

Top 10 films of all time?

STOP. INVINCIBLE SON

I would shoot your dad on principle. Fuck that faggot loser, you're better off without him.

yeah everytime i go to the movies i expect the ceiling to open and for the staff to hand out jetpacks to everyone. so far i havent enjoyed a movie yet

>tfw Amy Adams will never ask why my penis is shaped like an 'S'

>OST
Top tier.
>Cinematography
Best of DC. Bright in most important parts, no shaky cam obsession, you can see what's going on.
>Colors
Poor job, noise effects and too much color correction. Still, not completely shit as further DC movies.
>Acting
OK. There are based Russell Crowe and Antje Traue as Faora. Zod is close to be best capeshit villain since Joker. Lois is shit. SHIIT.
>Stupid plotholes
There are some of them, but nothing compared to MARTHA from BvS or Joker's magic masterplanes and explosives everywhere from Dark Knight.
>Script
It has some pretty decent amount of lines that you will remember after watching.

It could be done better, true. But for now it's best new-age capekino we've got

Maaan this is God tier score
youtube.com/watch?v=OTb5jJu9pho

Not a big loss, actually.

I can not step into sunlight without pic related crossing my mind. so good.

>Conservatism
>defined by liberal numales on Wikipedia

Again, you tried

% Superman getting his ass kicked and acting like a teen faggot despite being in his 30s
FTFY

>Change PA Kent
Everything about him was shit, and it was mainly his fault that this Superman is such a fucking pussy.

I can not step into wind without pic related blocking my path. so stop.

>Perfect movie
Ahahahahahhahahah

Irredeemable filth -- it takes a Christopher Nolan to have Superman's earthly father suggest that young Clark Kent should let a schoolbus full of kids drown rather than reveal his superpowers, but it takes a Zack Snyder to encase General Zod inside a fullbody metallic dildo before sending him into the Phantom Zone. And it takes both of them to grossly exploit 9/11 imagery with all those collapsing skyscrapers. Cinemalets please keep to your twitter memeing and pretending VA understanding

>hey lets make a dark/gritty/realistic origin story to superman!
>but the character that could organically grow from such a story won't be superman
>just force it no one will notice

Zack Snyder is a 16 year old stuck in a grown mans body.

everything but lois was great. and i hate that lois was shit because i really like her as a character. she was just nothing in this movie. no fire, attitude, personality. it's fucking distracting.

His death is pointless in the film too, sacrificing himself for the dog.

The comicbook version is so much better wih Jonathan dying of a heart attack. It instills in Clark a great lesson at a young age that despite being able to fly, his great strength, invulneability, there are some people he cannot save. One of the people he most care about in the world dies in his arms and there's nothing he can do to save him.

In Man of Steel you just get Costner telling him maybe you should let people die.

>In Man of Steel you just get Costner telling him maybe you should let people die.
I loved that actually. He was more of a true father protecting his son. We know Clark becomes Superman and could never just stand by and watch but Jonathan knows you can't save everybody no matter what, even if his son has incredible powers and he doesn't want him to feel like the world is his responsibility.

Same reason Martha tells Clark he doesn't owe anybody anything. We know Clark will become the worlds protector regardless but his parents want him to feel like a normal person who can fail and recover like the rest of us.

and remember, being a hero and doing good in the world just causes more problems so don't do anything.

>it led to "MARTHA?!?!"

>We know Clark becomes Superman

uh, no we don't.

and considering pa kent does nothing to instill in clark any sort of empathy or compassion, there is no reason to think, from the origin story in MoS, that this clark would ever become superman. Especially considering how he reacts to a drunk trucker.

>uh, no we don't.
so...you don't know who superman is or the story of superman that has been around since before you were born?

okay.

If Amy Adams hadn't got on the ship for no fucking reason the movie would have ended and mankind would be dead/enslaved.

>pa kent does nothing to instill in clark any sort of empathy or compassion
ofcorse he does, he's just practical. clark has already shown how compassionate he is he doesn't need it installing in him, he was born with it.

So you're saying the movie relies on outside material to justify itself?

This is a huge flaw.

Oh so literally everything pa kent did is utterly irrelevant as the snyderverse superman was born superman, rather than raised to be superman.

>reacts to a drunk trucker.
Literally the first thing he did after he beat Zod. After being Superman for a while in Donners Superman 2.

On top of that, Pa Kent didn't want his son to be taken, or experimented on, or anything like that. If you're a parent, you'd sacrifice a bus following of kids to keep yours safe. It felt more real than a "you have powers Clark, go enslave yourself to the world and it's problems just because." Clark made his own decision to do so, and he's a better man for it.

>So you're saying the movie relies on outside material to justify itself?
i'm saying you obviously need things to be black and white to see how somebody can grow into an extraordinary person

what

So you're comparing de-powered superman getting beaten up by a drunk trucker in donner superman to superman very quietly crucifying a truck with several power poles.

are you high?

and now you're spouting total gibberish, that's wonderful.

>perfect movie
Fuck off. Just fuck off.

you seem to think that ma and pa kent need to be absolute beacons of human perfection for clark to become who he is. everything they do and say to him is to protect him. you're not a parent are you. i can tell.

>MOS
>dark gritty and realistic
You don't watch a lot of movies do you?

Yes, an organically developed superman is a direct result of his parenting.

Thus, snyder's superman does not develop organically.

>Kryptom B-
>Soundtrack B
>Fadora C
>Zod B+ (ironically)
>Ihop A+
>((((Super))))man F

>Prologue is more interesting than the actual plot
>Ma Kent is insane and pointless
>Lois Lane is a metahuman
>Plot Device is a flash drive
>Climax/End Battle/World Engine is a weird, CGI mess
>Zod is a stupid dumb asshole
>Everybody on Zod's side who isn't Zod is a stupider dumber asshole
>Generic Military Man General or whatever
>SVU Dad
>Penis Pods
>Why didn't the family just fucking move?
>TERRAFORMING

It had some great individual moments, but overall it's a piece of shit.

Are you? He goes back and fucks up the trucker and the bar in the process. Or did you watch it on 2x speed while shit posting?

why are you bringing up donner superman at all?

is it that impossible to defend any aspect of the DCEU?

look my point is clark comes from a farm where practicality is necessary, you're surrounded by hard work and animal death. he's a practical man. pa kent is all about owning up to your mistakes and who you are, but clark is extrodinary and would be locked up forever in a lab if as a kid, his childlike impulses got the better of him, lie when the bullies push him down and he bends that metal pole or whatever it was. he has to be blunt, that's how he protects clark.

>weakest part is Henry Cavill
What are you realistically supposed to do with a Snyderscript?
He outacts Amy Adams, that's for sure. Michael Shannon is the only one given proper material, and even then it's just SHOUTING MEANS EMOTIONS.

It's just a bad movie with a bad script directed badly. Cavill can be good. Shannon is just good. Adams can't act in anything and is just a flat slate for costume designers.

>locking up superman

... and how do you think they could ever manage that?

Because it's Supermans character, you dumbass. Always has been. Bringing up how Clark reacts to a trucker like it doesn't fit his character isn't correct. It's like complaining about Superman killing Zod when that's exactly what he did in the comics too.

I hope JL holds a candle to MoS and BvS.
I'm scared bros.

test

Ultimate kino.
It's not "perfect" because it doesn't fit into everyone's ideals. Ultimately it was made by a human being therefore flawed.

they'd manipulate him for a start. it takes more than actual containment to imprison somebody. if clark thought it was for the good of everybody else he'd let himself be locked up.

Take him as a kid. If he's in a lab, he's not exposed to solar radiation and doesn't manifest his full power. Or through experimentation they discover his reaction to red solar radiation.

okay, dude, in donner superman clark puts a bully in his place. In MoS, clark reacts passive aggressively to a drunk guy being drunk.

So, no, these aren't comparable at all.

That relies entirely upon clark being defined by material that is outside MoS.

You're asking too much from a Hollywood movie production which ultimately was made to make money.

>asking for a movie to justify its own ideas is asking too much

... what an insane claim to make

i don't see it that way. i think he has a great sensitivity and without his parents telling him to look out for himself as well he could have ended up fucking anywhere.

Okay yo, you've either just straight up watched a completely different movie from everyone else in this dimension or you can't divorce said movie from all the other superman material you've consumed in your life, and are thus making inferences on MoS based upon material that isn't in MoS.

>you've either just straight up watched a completely different movie from everyone else
just because you took something different away from the movie than i did doesn't make me wrong.

Go watch Borat you pleb

That's not the point at all.

When you're clearly inferring things based upon outside material, yes, you are wrong.

that was the exact point of the drowning horses speech.

Not, it wasn't at all.

i barely know superman from outside material, i watched the justice league cartoon when i was younger that's it. you see things one way i see them another, i'm not saying your wrong, so stop saying i'm wrong. it's pointless, im not interested in a shit flinging competition.

oh you fucking idiot.

Those big lines from the trailer fell flat in the movie. The de-saturated color scheme did nothing for the tone of the movie. And above all Zod was a caricature of his source material.

feel free to elaborate then

you're basing your conclusions upon things that aren't in the movie. Thus your conclusions about the movie are fundamentally wrong.

>What an insane claim you make.

You're claiming a movie needs to meet all your criteria to be perfect and bash it at every step because it doesn't?

Who's the insane one?

The people who hated MoS probably would have hated it even more if it had explored these ideas

I'm saying you're insane for thinking no profit-seeking movie has ever justified it's own ideas and themes within the narrative structure demanded by formulaic bullshit.

That other guy had some decent ideas for some actual character development in MoS, that didn't happen, for no good reason.

>you're basing your conclusions upon things that aren't in the movie.
no i'm not. this is you isn't it you're a fucking idiot i'm sorry but you are.

I see you've exhausted your ability to justify your interpretation of the DCEU thus far.

The fuck kind of stupid arguments are being made in this thread? Pa Kent didn't tell Clark to only watch out for himself or to never help anyone ever. That's not the point of the "Maybe..." line. You two fucks are fucking mental. The point was that Pa Kent was fucking conflicted. He knew what Clark did was right, but he was also scared about his son risking himself at such a young age and possibly being taken from them due to the townsfolk hysteria.

He still continue to reveal Clark about his heritage, how important one day he'll become to the world and humanity, and how he probably was sent to the planet for a reason and he important it was he find what that reason is. He basically agreed that Clark should do good, but in the future, when he was a bit more grown up and mature.

You fucks are crazy.

>Pa Kent didn't tell Clark to only watch out for himself or to never help anyone ever.

He did just that, though. As the emotional context of that scene is a boy being scolded for saving a bus load of kids from horrible deaths.

>feel free to elaborate then

The horse story is about how once Pa Kent tried to help his folk and without knowing end up killing the neighbor's horses. He didn't intended for that to happen, he just wanted to help his family, but that guilt still ate at him. He was only able to put that behind him once he met Ma Kent. Ma Kent was always his rock during times like these.

He tend concludes by saying that there'll be moments where you'll be trying to do something good and will end up fucking something else. It's something that just happens and is out of your control. You can't punish yourself forever for it. Just trying to find strength and support on a loved one to get you through it, and continue on to do good. Don't let the guilt affect you.

I dare you to find a better villain speech in capekino
youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE

and now, add to that speech, the context of superman. something that doesn't have to just deal with the fact the neighbors horses are going to drown.

Thus, in the context of the movie, of who clark is, the speech means, "it don't matter what good you do bad things will happen."

These movies are not made to spoon feed plebs into their narratives. Directors are only telling a story within the confines of the story and studio bosses. Ultimately the bosses win.
The losers are the audience that will be left with half-truths and stories to unravel in sites like these.
Blaming the movie for not feeding your stupid brain with coherent narratives is futile.
Come up with your own conclusions and build upon what the director was able to show you.