Lost Media

What's your favorite bit of lost media? I think Dexter's Rude Removal is a cool one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KC5QFhZ7ZMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The deleted content from Land Before Time
The deleted content from All Dogs Go to Heaven
The Deleted content from the Transformers movie
The deleted content from the GI Joe movie
The uncensored version of Fist of the North Star

Too hyped. I expected them to cuss up a storm, but hearing that cockney accent ruined it for me.

The animated new testament, with foreword and commentary by God.

wait. THE God?

The Harvey Beaks pilot

Here's a cool one I've heard passed along in the industry for years:

Bill Watterson is prolific for his staunch anti-commercialization stance surrounding his best-known work, Calvin & Hobbes.

In the early 90's however, he was *briefly* convinced to float the idea of a C&H animated project after screening "A Wish for Wings That Work", a 1991 adaptation of friend and colleague Berkeley Breathed's popular "Bloom County" strip. He was put in touch with Disney Animation to explore the idea further.

Whether this rumor refers to a TV series or a direct-to-video featurette, etc. is unknown. It is also unclear who reached out to who first. But, hoping to give the concept some traction, Disney tapped one of their in-house animators to produce a impromptu pencil test to gauge how well Watterson's existing designs would work in motion.

A short clip of Hobbes, seen stretching and stirring from a nap (and acting all tiger-like), was animated by none other than Eric Goldberg, having just finished serving as lead animator of 'the Genie' in Aladdin (1992).

Watterson's reaction to the test was reportedly positive, though eventually he decided to pass on the idea and the project was quietly shelved. By then, Watterson's efforts to stave off scores of would-be licensors proved exhausting and turned him off to the whole idea of perpetuating that pressure with a new cartoon.

It's also suggested that he might have witnessed what had happened with Garfield's attempt at an animated show, and promptly pulled the plug after a single viewing.

>The uncensored version of Fist of the North Star

someday...

The original cut of 1969's Frosty The Snowman where June Foray ACTUALLY voices Karen. It's amazing that she's still working considering she's 98 years old. I'd wish that CBS at least make an attempt to go find the original cut and have it on the air before June passes away.

Someone ask him. Hopefully Watterson responds to people online.

Mark Millar's The Rape of Wonder Woamn.

i would love to see a lot of the content that was cut from upcoming films after 9/11

I'm not even sure Watterson has a computer

Don't forget The Simpsons Movie!

ded bort

I swear I've seen that animation at some point, I can vividly picture it

Rude removal was a real let down for me. But it has to do with the changing standards. What was once banworthy is now an average episode of family guy

Sup Forums severly misunderstood nwhat Rude Removal was.

They expected it to be like that Rugrats strip where there were real swears, instead of just an episode, like Sup Forums is retarded, so whatever

Yeah Dee Dee flipping us off is very appropriate considering the disappointment the episode was was pretty much giant fuck you to everyone who hyped it up

It'd probably be easier to contact Eric Goldberg, desu.

I know this isn't co related, but Friends was good enough to do this on the DVDs. Would be interesting to see the same for all media that was changed.

wait what the hell did friends have to cut
still that sounds neat i will have to check it out

When Monica and Chandler were going for their holiday, instead of competing with the other newlyweds, Chandler made a stupid joke about a bomb, and they ended up getting interrogated. It was funny material, just incredibly unlucky timing.

ah i see
that is some pretty shitty timing

I'm pretty sure the episode was always intended to be bleeped and that was the reason why it didn't air. Say you're a parent listening to the episode in another room and you just start hearing the bleeping, look in at the tv and see Dexter and Dedede making a mess, swearing at each other and telling their mom to fuck off without knowing the context. An ignorant soccer mom that doesn't know any better would think they were watching something on the level of South Park and ban their kids from watching the show. Plus the whole idea is only funny when you know what words they're saying which a young child wouldn't anyway. Given that this was before the internet became commonplace, Cartoon Network was wise to not air that episode.

Meanwhile, Spongebob gets away with the same concept because they used dolphin chirps instead of bleeping which makes it seem more innocent. As well as having the message that swearing is bad out in the forefront. (Dexter didn't really do that aside from having their mom pissed at them.) And had other gags that were funny beyond the swearing.

>The deleted content from Land Before Time
The dialogue for Ducky that was "deleted".

what sort of dialogue was it

Speaking of which the original airing of Rudolph where they don't go back to the island of misfit toys.

I watched some of the Chris Farley Shrek storyboards this morning. It was really interesting. I still can't believe they had so much of the dialogue recorded.

WITNESSED

You're probably thinking of the Sunday strip where Hobbes stretches a bunch and just mentally animating it. Watterson was a master of communicating motion in a static medium.

youtube.com/watch?v=KC5QFhZ7ZMo

he really was very good at it