What is your favourite black-and-white horror film Sup Forums?

what is your favourite black-and-white horror film Sup Forums?

I. AM. A KEKOLD!

Nosferatu

the crawling eye

>tfw no qt Barbara Steele gf

begotten

This is fucking disturbing even by modern standards

Pretty great, highly suggest the book if anyone here is /lit/.

Mines either The Old Dark House or Creature from the Black Lagoon (though I'm more partial to Revenge of the Creature)

Black Sunday is my favourite, but since it's already been said I'll go with Night of the Demon.

Carnival of Souls

Good idea for a thread btw OP

dead of night is the best, but the one that freaked me out the most on first seeing was night of the living dead, at age 9, on tv while i was alone in the house. cant top that ever, when the hands come through the boards.

Seconding this, excellent movie. If you can find it there's a podcast, Filmically Perfect, that goes into the making of this film.

Thanks.

Here is another b&w horror film I enjoy.

Night of the Living Dead is great, forgot about that one.

Is this the one with the ridiculous looking skeleton? Have been meaning to watch it for ages.

caught this on hulu awhile back. Fantastically creepy with the atmosphere of fairy tale. A real treat

Ah, shit. Most of my favorites were already mentioned.
I'll go with Burn, Witch, Burn then.

Onibaba

Oh shit, how did I forgot about these

bump

The Wolf Man and Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man

The Innocents. Really underappreciated horror film.

This. Every scene with Max Schreck in it makes my skin crawl. Incredible acting and makeup.

That's because they did it better with The Others

THEM!

Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Son of Frankenstein.
Each one is better than the last.

It's a toss up between...
>F.W. Murnau's Faust
&
>Kuroneko

Eraserhead and Repulsion

kekkles quietly

Came here to post this. It's pretty schlocky but it'll always have a place in my heart for some reason I can't quite explain.

I really wish I'd gotten to see it in the cinema with the gimmick where a skeleton swoops down from the ceiling. Must have been a hell of a special experience at the time.