Talkback Thread #18: Sweaty Allura Edition

Last thread: Torrents:
kat.cr/voltron-legendary-defender-tv26685/

Streaming:
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Voltron-Legendary-Defender

Official Site:
voltronlegendarydefender.com

You guys working on any art or fics?

What did you like most about this season?

What did you like least?

How could it have been improved?

Got any episode ideas you'd like to share?

I wish there was a way to make it longer

Or have it shown weekly on television so that it can reach a wider audience

Waifu potential: high

I really dug the fight scenes. The Shiro PTSD moments in episode nine were great too, and I do like the chemistry the cast has. Wasn't a fan of some of the humor early on, but it got better.

Maybe adding some more info on the villains would have improved it, but I know there's only so much you can do in a season with 13 episodes.

It could have been improved if it stretched out the beginning more into an extra episode so it wouldn't be too bloated

Otherwise, a weekly schedule would be great since episode 4 is when things get good

>weekly on television
It would probably be axed promptly or at least messed with like Korra. I'm glad it's on Netflix, it has more freedom.

They are actually encouraged to serialize the plots instead of it being mandated they need clip shows and bullshit. Also and that is key. You view the show on your own schedule. Not hoping they don't start fucking about and changing things.

Yeah weekly formats dont work for netflix shows. They've been trying it with the mortal instruments series but its backfired horribly and is considered to be the weakest show they've ever produced. I give them the benefit of the doubt tho since someone else is leading the development of it and is controlling how it is being released and netflix is just acting as the hosting ground.

That being said i sometimes dislike how dreamworks shows end on that episode 13 cliffhanger when we know there are another 13 episodes coming in roughly 5-6 months time. This is realistically only arc 0.5 where as the remaining 13 episodes will make it into a full arc 1 for the voltron story.

I am really digging this show though, it has to be one of the best cartoons pumped out in a really long time. My main concern was that it would pander towards 9 year olds but clearly this show is going to be dark, Zarkon and Haggar are fine examples of how twisted the Galra empire is and i can't wait for more!

Also pidge is best girl

Well part of that I think is to keep the budgets level with what they want to produce. And Netflix has ideals to put a good deal of money into their animation.

Cliffhangers while may not be the cup of tea for everyone remind me a lot of the old show serials that places like Sci-fi channel used to run way back in the day.

Neat. Allura's VA voiced Jasper (SU) and Ashley Williams (Mass Effect) Lady has some solid range.

This place is already a shithole. I fucking warned you guys.

And then you bump it you faggot.

I think the issue is cliffhangers are so over used now days that i just dont like them in a netflix series knowing how they go. Granted i get the mid season finales and what not and thats how they work but in general it just drives me up the wall knowing ill be waiting 6 months just to go "well no shit they're all okay". It just seems like such a messy story technique to pull off. If you have a cliff hanger, maybe make it so its not so... abrupt, actually thats what this one was, an abrupt/really badly timed cliffhanger.

I just hope they don't spend half of next season uniting them all after getting shredded off in the wormhole.

>Allure's all Jasper-looking when she comes out of stasis
>Lance still hits on her

Keep this freak away from the Druids or he'll probably turn traitor.

>You guys working on any art or fics?

I'm not creative enough to make it work.

>What did you like most about this season?

Pidge and Shiro mostly.

>What did you like least?

Maybe the bad guys not having much to do, I hope they get more focus in the future.

>How could it have been improved?

Keith having a bit more clear cut direction would be nice.

>Got any episode ideas you'd like to share?

I'd like to see Allura and Coran learn about Earth culture, also more cute Pidge.

Allura goes all Battle Rage and gets feral stronk.

Also money on Witch Haggar being hot under that robe.

I think at least one of them needs to be in peril while Allura uses her Voltron connection and warping to easily gather the rest.

I vote for Lance winding up on Earth so he has to choose between his family and space justice.

>His lion got lost, so it went home.

Yea I could see that. Be nice.

I can see them spreading it out over two or three episodes, but not much more than that

I want to see some of them on Earth so that we can catch up with what's been going on with Galaxy Garrison since they've been gone, explain why Keith could have visions of the Blue Lion, etc

Lance: Haggar? More like, Hot-gar.

>all the other Druids groan and boo his wordplay
>one of them, an emotion eater, dies from all the secondhand embarrassment.

>Lance takes over the universe by seducing all the galran women

Indeed

Mass Effect armor is so generic that it took me a minute to recognise it.

The fact she's also Batgirl and Buena Girl really shows how extremely versatile she is.

She's sort of like the female Phil LaMarr or Eric Bauza in that regard.

Maybe though while most sci-fi I see go with blocky angular armor parts Mass Effect armor is usually very smooth rounded suits.

Probably why it reminds me a lot of the suits they are using in Voltron. Moreover Ash's armor from 1 and 2 which was mostly white.

Also some of the weapons and ships have have a Mass Effect feel.

>>You guys working on any art or fics?

Made this yesterday

I want to draw more, any ideas?

Pidge with long hair in armor plz :V

Lance dressed as Space Dandy.

Pidge and Hunk as QT and Meow optional.

Pidge for sexual?

Pidge is top tier girl. I haven't actually seen any fanart of her with her long hair in her voltron armor. Which amazes me given that's something im expecting to come back in season 2 (next year, not during the remaining 13 episodes coming out this year) now that she's basically confirmed she's a chick.

Pidge tries on a variety of wacky disguises to infiltrate GG, but only her brother cosplay works.

to be continued in /aco/ Voltron thread

I went to that thread... i don't know what i expected but...

Lance: Huh, so that's why this armor polish was so cheap.

I liked the weekly format since it gives space for discussion while also building the fanbase

That's also risky as the show has a weak start, so it would definitely be a challenge to keep people interested until episode 4

Yes, we need a protocol for discussing the show that allows people who haven't watched the whole thing yet to join in. I think it would be best if we prefaced EVERY comment with "Ep#n" or something so people can filter the ones they haven't seen yet.

Just finished it. Shiro isn't dead. I am scared and confused.

I don't want Keith to be leader due to Space Bro Dad

Allura gives the team the Voltron Keys and they're all baffled by what they are because it's the future and who uses these kind of keys anymore?

I love the druids so much. Bunch of creepy space warlocks and it's great.

Pidge looks better with short hair. I hope she doesn't grow it back out.

From what we've seen of him, Keith would be a shitty leader. He's stand-offish and a bit of a hothead. The only thing he has going for him is he's good at being objective. Lance would be a shitty leader too, but at least he has charisma.

Something they have in common is that they're the only two people in the universe genuinely stupid enough to think that they can beat Zarkon.

Everyone else is either afraid of the guy or his 10,000 YEARS OF GARLA DOMINATION streak.

These two? Suicidally confident. And unfortunately, it's necessary since the sensible thing to do would be surrender to Zarkon.

>Shiro isn't dead.
This is a good thing.

Will there be more of it? Like season 2?
I'm still at the start of the season

>Yeah weekly formats dont work for netflix shows. They've been trying it with the mortal instruments series but its backfired horribly and is considered to be the weakest show they've ever produced.

Mortal Instruments didn't work because it was literal dogshit, not due to formatting.

Would you show Shay worlds beyond her own?

No, I'd nuke the entire Balmar.

That thing is clearly a fucking Mir, which means the Balmarians are fucking Festum and that entire things needs to be BURNED IN THE CLEANSING FIRES OF SALVATION

How will you feel when Pidge dies and gets replaced by Matt?

You gonna carry that weight.

dropped

should i rewatch the first episode?

no, rewatch it in a stream with Sup Forums.

urging to bomb Dreamwork and Netflix HQ

With the way it ended there better be a second season.

Why is Voltron almost never used

Where is Lotor, the primary Voltron villain

Why are there only two Robeasts in the entire show

Why is Shiro the main character when he never relevant
Why is Shiro even in the show at all when he wasn't in the original

Why is Shiro piloting Black Lion instead of Blue Lion
Why is Lance piloting Blue Lion instead of Red Lion
Why is Keith piloting Red Lion instead of Black Lion

Why is Keith, the only white man in the entire roster so irrelevant that he does next to nothing in the show

Why do you people defend this shit? Because you get more dark skinned boys with homoerotic undertones that you can ship and draw them fucking each other??

>mortal instruments
It sucked because the source material sucked.

when how where

Keith is clearly Asian or at least Asian hybrid

I dunno, I thought it was a fun suggestion.
Anyone wanna set up cytube? Might be fun to digest Voltron with Sup Forums.

>Why is Keith, the only white man in the entire roster so irrelevant that he does next to nothing in the show
The nothing like forming the blazing sword? The nothing like 1v1ing zarkon
The nothing like being consistently the guy who's first to do anything in the whole show related to the lions
Also fuck off you know Pidge and Pudge are also white stop shit posting.

Who here was triggered to oblivion when they teased the 'form voltron' thing like 8 times then bitched out and left it as a joke to do with the castle.

I actually think Voltron is kind of boring on its own. I don't mind it only being used in a couple episodes. I prefer the characters doing their own things honestly.

hell yeah 100% behind this.

>> I'm a whiny little shit faggot who never wants anything to change because nostalgia is a beautiful poison that ruins any new ideas for an existing IP.
Go fuck yourself dude.

>>Why is Keith, the only white man in the entire roster so irrelevant that he does next to nothing in the show

I thought Keith was some sort of Asian? Isn't that why he's trying so hard to marry the other asian?

I like the lions getting the spotlight. What's the point of a bunch of lions forming a giant robot if they don't do anything on their own? Why not just have a giant robot not made out of lions if that's the case?

nice pasta cuck

Yeah I'm here for the characters more.

the mecha action is a bonus.

I can set up a Rabbit stream.

>Why not just have a giant robot not made out of lions if that's the case?
That completely misses the point of gattai

Yes please.

>wait 10,000 years to see the most beautiful woman in all of existence again
>help her and her friends complete their mission
>kill your own hideous father
>work to genocide your fugly unsightly race
>she won't even give you a pity handie.

Will LD Lotor be the biggest cuck Sup Forums has ever seen?

Yis

I just want Pidge to be more feminine.
My dick is confused.
I also find it hard to believe that she's so god damn flat.
I hate reverse traps.

EMBRACE IT

PIDGE IS LOVE, PIDGE IS LIFE

>Have Hunk's personality
>Works for Hunk because he's Hunk-sized
>But be a manlet
Suffering.

Oh, is that who that dude was?

Actually, that's not gonna work. Anyone got any other good suggestions for streaming sites?

If you don't want your netflix out there just use kisscartoon.

Oh. Hop on in, then

http[s]://rabb [DOT] it/r/vt8bq2

>make the pilot four episodes long for pacing purposes
>cut down on that one episode with the two bounty hunter aliens and move all the relevant dialogue to other episodes
Could work.

It's starting.

I actually wouldn't mind if they spent a few episodes on that. The first season rushed so hard in getting them together in the first place that aside from Pidge the individual characters could use the breathing room to be fleshed out more. Only hope is that they don't recycle plot beats across the characters.

I wonder if they're saving Lance acing a leadership situation akin to the failed rescue mission test from the premiere for season 2.

Get in the fucking stream, cunts!

Don't be rude.

But yeah, get in there.

From last thread, weekly Voltron simulator.

Episode 1-3: Totally not Gurren Lagann, guys! Delicious Brown Space Elf. Why are all the aliens speaking English? I'M A LEG!
Episode 4: This bitch is crazy! Pidge has no chill.
Episode 5: KATIE! KATIE! KATIE!
Episode 6: Lance was Sven all along; 3 days from Retirement.
Episode 7: We Mulan Now! Best Girl! Die Hard with Robot Lions! Oh, the triangle died. LANCE'D!
Episode 8: Ticks vs. Seconds. CRADLED YOU IN MY ARMS! BIG! MEATY! HANDS!
Episode 9: oh my god. It's literally the Magnificent 7.
Episode 10: Asuka, you whore! Mari, you bitch!
Episode 11: Winter Shiro. tfw you will never plant your feet on Pidge's ass. King AI was underdeveloped, but I will overlook that because Allura is moe
Episode 12: Best Sup Forums Princess! The best! Inflation fags BTFO! I'm so fucked up. Purple Waifu, noooooooo!!!
Episode 13: We Wuz Garla. The Svenening. Zarkon has ALL THE POWERS! tfw it wasn't Lotor who lowered the shields. No news of second season. Activate worthless petition. Galaluna Will Never Be Free 2.0.

He seems to know Shiro already, what if the Altean hybrid theory is true and he absorbed his appearance because they were the first people to take him in for a bit?

>not liking based Faris
Shit taste famalam.

Episode number is kinda confusing since Netflix treats the pilot all as one episode.

It was too sudden. Why did you guys decide to do it now?

It's Father's Day and I'm traveling

>BIG! MEATY! HANDS!
>Inflation fags BTFO!
Huh

probs wont be the last stream.

Did I miss something? Why did Zarkon's lieutenant help them at the end?

We don't know. Lots of possibilities. An Altean mole in disguise, Keith's secret father, purely selfish political bickering to spite Zarkon and the druids, a face turn of some sort. We'll just have to wait and see.

>Alfor's VA is also Lightning McQueen, Bloo, Basch fon Ronsenberg of Dalmasca, and Reaper

>Its not the old Voltron