Before in too deep I was so excited for the show and it's future... And now I couldn't give a shit

Before in too deep I was so excited for the show and it's future... And now I couldn't give a shit.

Was making the rubies from hit the diamond dull as a brick a mistake? It really breaks the world building of homeworld and if the show continues toning down homeworld is it even worth sticking around for? Everything just looks like a downward spiral from here

Steven Floats actually gave me hope.

The 2 parter was disappointing.
The baseball episode was fun, but it was just another Say Uncle or Garnet's Universe to me, just comedy.

But Steven Floats showed that they aren't forgetting what this show is about. It was nice to see the original Crystal Gems act like they always do. As long as Peridot and Lapis stay away from the gems until really important episodes, it'll be fine.

What were you expecting? The rubies level of intelligence was clearly shown in the answer, you only have yourself to blame for being surprised.

>OP getting butthurt that SU won't turn into a generic fighting anime

We didn't get to see any of the serious parts of homeworld besides Jasper. Rubies are just disposable soldier gems with no sense of identity, of course they would be dull. Just give it some more time.

>Was making the rubies from hit the diamond dull as a brick a mistake?
Is making the disposable grunts too dumb to realize they're disposable a mistake?

I don't know but it was fucking hilarious either way.

>homeworld had 5000 years to fix that when making rubies but they decided not to

I have a hard time believing they didn't replace rubies or find substitutes because of how incompetent they are at simple jobs.

>What are Jaspers

Have they announced the new eps yet

Speaking of this show's future, I'm thinking we might get an announcement about new episodes as soon as tomorrow, and almost certainly this week, because they've been waiting for summer to start. Hopefully.

Please.

cost benefit analysis and opportunity cost. really if it works don't waste time and resources fixing it. besides, gem culture is clearly based on a caste system. and who wants to be equals in a cast system when you can have plenty of subservient minions?

To add:

Misseps has conflicting info from 3 different schedules. One says the 29th at noon, one says the 30th at 6 PM, and the other says that Steven Floats isn't airing yet. Zap2it lists Steven Floats as airing on the 29th on the episode page, but on none of the actual schedules.

Also, Japan finally aired We Need to Talk, 1 year after us! Congratulations Japan!

I'll have to prepare my body for all the incoming rainbow quartz fanart.

It took a year circa to get Rose's Scabbard and the following eps here in Italy. I think these days they're airing the eps after the robolympics one

What's with this show and fucked up schedules

It's CN's brilliant scheduling departmentin the US, that apparently has nearly no communication between its various foreign affiliates, so they do whatever they frequently just do whatever they want, mio bombino.

Couldn't find the other threads.
I'm drawing Jasper and I remember specifically that the straps on her chest don't reach all the way down her back like Peridot's does. Does anyone have an example of this?

>*so they frequently just do whatever they want

My excuse is that I just woke up.

That explains why some countries have been listing the recent episodes as a season 3

>As long as Peridot and Lapis stay away from the gems until really important episodes, it'll be fine.

Oh fuck off. This is a show that is meant to develop, why would you want more of the same shit from the first seasons? Peridot isn't some plot device, she is supposed to be the newest member of the crystal gems. Throwing her in a barn and forgetting about her until 'plot' isn't good writing.

I do agree that Steven Floats was a great episode though

Well CN actually split season two in... two. CN's brilliant marketing department stateside making things easy to understand again!

Does this help?

Eh I actually liked in too deep. Sure they overhyped it with that one trailer, but you could blame the intern for that. Rubies being dumb was shown before and exploited in Hit The Diamond (I liked Amy's comment on them being dumb at the end). Also it feels like YD sent her least valuable soldiers first just in case the cluster would emerge and nothing of value would be lost

In Too Deep was good, CNs shitty marketing department totally mis sold it though.

Also Rubies have long been established as dumb hotheads, if you expected them to be some badass soldiers you clearly haven't been paying attention

I actually agree. The season openers just killed my hype.

I like these rubies then the rubie that makes up garnet. Least till they saw sapphire because im tired gaybarn for about like half the season. And 24/7 of those two wanting to screw on screen. Cant we get a new gem that is a threat form homeworld or something?

She saw a rabbit thought it was cute. A jasper comes along with a axe around its shoulders picking its nose till it hits brain if thats even possble. And then steps on it without knowing where she even is.

Yeah that's the one I'm referring to. It looks like those straps stop at her shoulders instead of going down her back like Peridots. But then where does her shirt end and begin in the back?

>It's another "paint over SU's flaws due to waifuism and call it 'development'" episode

Ah, a small update.

Misseps has noted that their schedules have been known to give dates a week in advance before. If so, that lines up perfectly with July 7th for the date that Steven Floats airs, which makes the probability of an announcement this week even more likely.

I absolutely agree. And it wasn't just a case of easily deceiving some dull grunts, that would've been all right, it was all that silliness and cuteness for the first Homeworld contact after the introduction of Yellow Diamond that killed all the menace.

Do you remember that ominous feeling after Warp Tour and during The Return, with the Crystal Gems actually scared of what would come? That feeling won't be coming back after Hit the Diamond. And neither will my hype. The CGs don't take Homeworld seriously anymore, why should I?

i don't know if "homeworld isn't like my fanfiction" counts as a flaw

Rubies are disposable. And they are fusion fodder. I'd like to see how the five Ruby fusion in action.

Plus Homeworld still has Quartzes and Peridots and Pearls. Just Jasper and the Gem Warship managed to wipe the shit out of the Crystal Gems

>Watched Steven Floats already
>Adds +1 week of waiting
>Need to wait about 4 more weeks

Fug

Same here, but at least we'll probably have a date and some new promos soon.

WHEN ARE THE NEW FUCKING EPISODES?!
REEEE

Yeah hopefully those potential promos give us enough to discuss about to survive these last few weeks

fag and retard ruby make me dick hard. i want to fuck them and tell them its a traditional human greeting.

Shows final end is a big ass gem fusion orgy idea was made by steven and garnet backed it up forever one.

So when is Jasper getting a redemption arc and joining Lapis Lazuli and Peridot in the barn?

Bismuth when?

Which one is the retard?

At the very least the thread for when the announcement's dropped will be exciting.

The speculation in this thread is basically the best we have to go on right now.

when is jasper coming back and killing lapis?*
ftfy

bottom right

They all seem retarded but they gay one. How did you not notice the bigass RED barn and its the same color as your skin,gems,and your ship?

I've been out of town for a bit, are there more episodes coming soon, or is this another 5 month hiatus?

Like a life time of hiatus only to get more gaybarn and crap focus on relationships.

I don't think the rubies are a microcosm of all of homeworld's army, they were on what-homeworld-would-think was an easy mission, go to a threatless planet and get jasper. Once Homeworld realizes that Rose Quartz is still sort of alive in some regard, they'll send something actually menacing and not some spare cannon fodder.

>Steven Floats finally airs on broadcast
>New episodes are announced
>... for October
>"Summer of Steven" was just five episodes

Are you fucking shitting me?

Seriously, what is CN thinking? This show is a fucking goldmine for them and they just don't know what the fuck to do with it.

CN only gives a shit about episodic comedies that can be aired out of order

Hit the Diamond and Steven Floats gave me hope. They were the best episodes in a long time.

maybe it's because they're rubes

>There won't even be 20 episodes this year.

Jesus Christ.

Personally I really enjoy this 'wait' for it all to come crash down eventually. It really feels like a wait before the storm and once that storm arrives there is no going back. Homeworld will keep sending stronger forces and that won't end until the diamonds are taking care of probably.

So again I really like this anticipating wait

It's not true, that user is humourously describing an unpleasant potential scenario

Nah that user was just teasing a worst case scenario. It's not actually announced nor do I think it's likely we only get 5 episodes this whole summer

taken care of*

And in the meantime, we can have more fluffy pointless adventures with everyone's favorite fatty, SADIE!

I get the disposable part, the worthlessness of Rubies, but not the silliness and cuteness of some gems supposed to be shock troopers.

I can understand a rebel fighting for Rose Quartz finding earth lovely, but a Ruby under Yellow Diamond? Where did they learn to appreciate beauty back in Homeworld? (remember how Peridot's "is that a weapon?" made us feel about that society?)

How is there no screening process to ensure the Rubies worthy of military training (IF they have some training, that is) are at the very least hostile and belligerent towards inferior life forms like the humans?

I like the cute and silly episodes of Steven Universe all right, they were part of the whole package that made it special from the very beginning, but making a cute comedy episode involving the main antagonist force so early in the conflict did hurt the momentum of all the buildup for Homeworld we've had. It was a bad writing decision in my opinion.

I want a ruby but minus the hotheadness. I dont need something that can get me and her killed because you dont have a 1stgrade education.

I really hope ppl still dont think they are kiddies dispite that they are older then our earth.

>Implying all episodes will be about Sadie, Lars or Ronaldo

Sure we will get some townie episodes but I don't mind a small break from the barn adventures (even if I enjoy Lapis' and Peridot's company). I've been positively surprised about some townie episode before (including some unexpected gem lore) so I'm interested in what will happen in the next few.

C'mon user there is nothing wrong with some optimism

It's kinda odd when what's essentially a female acts like a gay male.

Those Rubies were hothead AND insultingly gullible. There was not even need for Steven to charm them or sweet talk them into a pacific resolution, he simply imposed on them some random rules of engagement and they meekly obliged.

Earth is a planet awaiting its obliteration, there was no need to send polite, diplomatic hotheads to gracefully ask for directions and thank its inhabitants for their cooperation.

The gempire still thinks earth is an unpopulated wasteland

Since he can control how gravity affects him you know that him and Connie are going to fuse and stevonnie is going to have rose's shield and her sword, jump super high, and descend super fast in order to attack.

Not really. Peridot informed them there was an infestation of Stevens early on.

>Earth is a planet awaiting its obliteration, there was no need to send polite, diplomatic hotheads to gracefully ask for directions and thank its inhabitants for their cooperation.
Homeworld didn't expect them to interact with the humans, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby and Ruby only did so because Ruby involved Steven who convinced Ruby and Ruby and Ruby and Ruby and Ruby to play ball afterwards.

>Was making the rubies from hit the diamond dull as a brick a mistake

That was annoying yes, it took the seriousness of the situation out of the entire episode, but what really grinded my gears was how sapphire and ruby couldn't fucking get a hold of themselves, to keep the CG from getting caught.

It was just so fucking corny
>all I want to look at is you
Damn nigga, there's aliens literally ready to fucking make one call to HW and fuck your shit up, can you really not keep your vaginas in your pants for 11 minutes?

Look sugar and her tumblr writers can hype this show as much as they want making these bitches look like gods from a outer heaven beyond our own. But try killing a sabertooth or mammoth with just a rock and a stick. Magic not included.

Cavemen didn't actually fight the mammoths like that, they just stalked it until it passed out from fear and exhaustion.

Like someone said upthread At last report Yellow Diamond thought that the Cluster was on schedule to emerge and destroy the Earth.

Why risk sending valuable gems to a planet about to be shattered by a geoweapon just to pick up an incompetent Jasper so that they can punish her? If the Rubies failed to get Jasper before the Cluster forms or get destroyed on with the Earth then no real loss, there's plenty more Rubies where they came from.

Point is that before these creatures came from space we was fine. And sometimes if your hungry you cant wait for your food to get tired. My thing is that we came from a cave and we can advance. The gems dont want to be flawed they all act like they should be mary sues expect amythyst she is the only gem i can actually talk to besides pearl because she is my fav. To be perfect is to have error.

>Homeworld didn't expect them to interact with the humans, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby and Ruby only did so because Ruby involved Steven who convinced Ruby and Ruby and Ruby and Ruby and Ruby to play ball afterwards.

You see, that explanation itself makes some sort of sense only as a comedy plot, but nothing else. There's people comparing Hit the Diamond with Cry Uncle and Garnet Universe, but at least those were non canon/make believe stories, not actual worldbuilding as was the case here.

I feel the writers went overboard on the lightheartedness where they should've taken a more subtle approach if they were to keep up the mystery and hype about the Homeworld threat.

>You see, that explanation itself makes some sort of sense only as a comedy plot, but nothing else.
This was pretty unambiguously a comedic episode. The plot is about baseball.

>I feel the writers went overboard on the lightheartedness where they should've taken a more subtle approach if they were to keep up the mystery and hype about the Homeworld threat.
All they were aiming to convey was that Homeworld is looking for Jasper and they succeeded at doing that. Eventually there will be more serious threats doing so once HW finds out about Rubies' failure but before then there's nothing wrong with having the Ginyu Force fuck around harmlessly.

Eh disagree OP. I loved the ep and the use of the word play.

I think that's more indicative of how not important the Earth's Cluster is in the big picture. If you remember when Peridot contacted the space Giraffe, the same said giraffe spoke of the mission very casually and dismissive. Not to mention she pretty much send a Jasper and a Peridot for the mission, with a snitch Lapiz.

I think the stakes are going to increase though, but I hope it's not just because Giraffe gets angry.

You're all over thinking this, you want seriousness and grimdarkness from every single enemy? Watch something else, the show is not for you, not trying to be condescending or anything but I've seen this before and it only ends up with people getting more mad about things that were never there.

I can fucking see it now.
Steven is going to pull a Tai and become a Gem ambassador or some gay shit for Humans and Gems.

You know, this would actually make Rose look attractive if her hair and face weren't so fucking ugly

You're blaming the writing crew instead of CN for the hype.

Left up to the show creators, and we'd be through this season or have a drasticly reduced break compared to what we got.

Marketers are the ones that hyped this shit to be like it was some dramatic shit as we know it will never be the same.

I just can't blame the crew for their pacing getting fucked up for a show that always set out to be a balance of kid friendly with a not so brain dead plot.

Kid friendly has existed since AT and RS rolled in. Only kid friendly show is clarance

Hasn't*

>This was pretty unambiguously a comedic episode. The plot is about baseball.

Certainly, and even Sapphire saying she had foreseen this plot as a possibility but didn't believe it was going to actually happen makes fun of how people joked about Hit the Diamond being a baseball episode but nobody actually believing it. The writers went out of their way to make this joke, even if it weakened the tension of the overall Homeworld storyarc.

>there's nothing wrong with having the Ginyu Force fuck around harmlessly.

The Ginyu Force, the obvious inspiration for this bunch of hapless Rubies, is a good example of this kind of joke done with more subtlety and preserving the menace. They were, for all their goofiness, pretty deadly and remorseless adversaries not to be taken lightly.

These Homeworld Rubies were way too friendly, adorable and ultimately toothless, they overdid it.

As i said these rubies are better to be around then the one we got. She cant even keep cool around other ppl with sapphire. But seems like homeworld gems are better then ones we got. Our pearl talks to much versus Blue colored eyes covered pearl knows whats up.

Tell me whats more important. Steven have a education,or a childhood incase this all blows over and they live as a family. Or how cute can Ruby and sapphires lesbian love can make everyone feel that you will never get that same feel. Cuz im reading another thread about Ruby and sapphire and one guy is whining about these shits are mega cute and thats all that matters.

I don't watch the other two, but how is SU not an all ages show? Unless you're a shut in soccer mom that needs more dick in her life, its a pretty inoffensive show with a non spoonfed plot.

Even the overly "progressive" shit is covered up by making the Gems identify as teachers and Rubies played off as men. Pearls relationship has deeper meaning but only in a "oh, just close friends fashion" to kids.

Nah i just thought instead of only saying that these two characters are cute and thats enough for u isnt really good. I mean they only come out to annoy and then they remind the whole show that we are in love and shit. Thats the only thing they do 100% of the time. And nothing else. Not saying you got to kill a dragon or something but geez what else is going on besides their deep love for each other.

Season 2 ended with Log Date 7 15 2. Super Watermelon Island is the first episode of season 3.

>They cancelled that episode that they were going to air yesterday.

CN's scheduling in general has been terrible, get it together already.

user was joking, but cartoon scheduling in general seems to be fucked nowadays.

On the one hand SU isn't as bad as Gravity Falls about this, but one episode of the latter has more punch because 22 minutes instead of 11.

Killing her off was a mistake.

Get hype for Fall of Steven.

>killing her off
There's no way she's gonna die unconscious outside of the fusion, and especially not in a crack.

Rose is a goddess, you take that back.

You meaning to reply to ? I love Rose m8.

oops, yeah I did

>CNs shitty marketing department totally mis sold it though.
Yep, but what's worse is the crew supporting those trailers which led us to believe they were legit. Even Ian called them awesome.

And no, Rubies were never shown as totally dumb, just hotheads. Even at the end of the episode when said, "Wow, Rubies are kind of dumb" Garnet responds, "Not all of them".

>There's people comparing Hit the Diamond with Cry Uncle and Garnet Universe
well all three of those episodes were boarded by the same storyboard team: Joe Johnston and Jeff Liu

Also it's actually Say Uncle. geddit? because SU

Ironically I think the last few UG episodes were actually from next season (that could've played role in why the next few premiers were cancelled, as the next premiers scheduled are episodes that already aired outside the US from the currently airing season)

Say Uncle wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but it's still not good.

I will fight anyone who doesn't like Garnet's Universe.