>>Dr. Strange 2nd trailer
>>GOTG 2 first peek
>>More Spider-Man stuff?
>>Carol Danvers actress revealed?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-sdcc-2016-appearance/
youtube.com/watch?v=VUznviXV-U8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought they cast Denvers already? That girl who got an Oscar for something, think her last name was Brie?

>That girl who got an Oscar for something, think her last name was Brie?
Yes but that casting is unconfirmed so far.

Oh. Well.
Hoping for more Doctor Strange though. How much of the runtime do you think is going to be devoted to him training?

We would probably have heard most things spider related before sdcc

I expect to hear BP and avengers stuff

Please, they're gonna keep milking the Spider-Man stuff because fans for some reason can't get enough of it.

Plus, you know, comic book news.

We're at an interesting point. Strange is done filming and is in post production, GOTG 2 is almost done filming as most of the cast has wrapped up, Spider-Man is gonna start filming soon, Thor 3 films in a few months, and the big one, Infinity Wars starts filming in November and will film throughout next year.

Right, right, the whole Marvel NOW thing.

You guys actually support the atrocious white washing?

>Sup Forums will bite this

aw shit, here we go.

I don't care about the "whitewashing". Fuck you and fuck off.

> not supporting the superior race
Racist

If anything, it's a plus because none of the Tumblr crowd will see the film which means no tedious memes.

>>>Carol Danvers actress revealed?
Larson is just a red herring, they'll announce at the convention that it was all a joke and it'll be Monica instead of that train wreck "Carol"

>More movie shit
When does it finally end? It's been 10 years.

Is thsi really what MCU threads have become?

It's going to be ten more, at least.

>CW
>Failure
That's weird way to spell BvSDoJ.

Ignore it, don't feed it with delicious replies.

Movies are the only thing keeping comics alive.

There's still a lot of time till BP, they haven't even started filming yet.

Strange, Ragnarok and GotG is what we'll probably get.

So is that

Hopefully they'll announce that the unwarranted man bashing will all be contained into a single book titled "Men suck," and that superheroine books will go back to actually be about women being super hero's and not fucking archie characters with an axe to grind against the XY chromosome community.

Nobody cares about those shit comics, we're talking movies here.

BvS wasn't a failure as much as it underperformed.
Hack Snyder expected it to break the 1b mark and shame Avengers, and it obviously didn't happen.
But yes, in comparison to CW, it did fail tremendously.
The quality of the movie has nothing to do with these facts, so please keep your company war bullshit out of this argument.

Capeshit is the cancer killing the Movie industry.

>The quality of the movie has nothing to do with these facts
Then what does?

Meh, I'll wait for the DC stuff instead.

What's DC gonna show?

The fourth Joker, The Comedian

Rumoured as "in the running".
I'm holding out hope it's fake. She's so fucking young. Carol needs a little gristle.

>Justice league teaser
>Shazam reveal
>Flash reveal
>Lantern reveal
>Suicide Squad spin offs and sequels
>Wonder woman trailer

DC week 2 baby!!
DC will steal the show again 5 years in a row

>he'd support the casting of a non-Tibetan Asian
no john
you are the racists

Last time they "stole" the show they revealed a movie that took nearly three fucking years to come out.
Stop.

Movies did it to themselves.

I support women being allowed positions of authority.

It's not fair, is it? :^)

TWENTY
TWENTY
EIGHT

>The quality of the movie has nothing to do with these facts
Oh yeah, that brand of company war bullshit is TOTALLY different.

I thought Marvel didn't do SDCC much anymore with movies and saves everything for some Disney expo shit?

Kinda don't care since it was a semi-racist caricature that SJWs would have lauded if he was casted Asian.

I honestly want Marvel to exhaust EVERYTHING from the comics.
EVERYTHING!

They skipped last year because they had nothing to show.

Same reason Fox is skipping this year.

screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-sdcc-2016-appearance/

James Gunn and the DS Director make a big deal that they are going.

>steal the show constantly
>never deliver

FOX I thought skipped because they didnt' want their stuff to leak online. Then again, they only seem to be doing Wolverine 3 right now.

And it kind of makes sense they skip last year as they only were filming Civil War and Dr. Strange was too far off. I think these upcoming years will be one SDCC after the next, as they are filming 3 movies a year soon. They might skip SDCC 2018 because Infinity Wars would be wrapped up and Carol Danvers is the only other film.

>Implying

Of course they will, they'll bite their tongue and watch it as always, its got fucking Cumberbatch as the lead for god's sake. Just like how they follow the MCU while slagging it off for being problematic.

>She's single
Hubba hubba.

I've read that issue and am pretty sure I saved that very page so this is rather embarrassing.
In my defense my favourite Carol stories & characterization are from after this, when she was in her 30s.

These movies aren't going to go away so the actress will have time to get older with the character.

I know, it's just weird seeing someone, a woman in the 70s no less, make rank in the military and have time to retire before she's 30.
And haven't they changed it so that she was now once a colonel? Is that higher than major?

Brie Larson? I don't mind. She can look a bit older, I think.

At least in my country air force pilots retire after 15 years of service. It's not that much of a stretch in a comic book movie.

>Shazam reveal
I don't know much about comics, but this interests me.

So, she started when she was 13/14?

What is retiring early?

>all these (You)s
Why is Sup Forums the easiest board on Sup Forums to bait? It's not even a recent thing as we've always been like this, but I just don't understand. Sup Forumsmrades literally can't help themselves but take the bait.

You could put in your post
>This is bait but I bet you'll respond to it seriously anyways
And people would still respond to it seriously.

I've wondered this a lot. Strange is more interesting as a sorcerer, less as a trainee, and it would suck if he's only a sorcerer for the last act of the movie. On the other hand, Strange's personality changes so thoroughly and he acquires so much power through his training that you need to set that up, make it feel organic and not rushed.

Hopefully they don't go with the Beginnings and Endings approach.

Personally, I suspect they'll do a con-only teaser for Strange and the new footage won't be released publically. At best we can hope for some leaks to surface in a month or two.

After it gets the first few people start responding just so they can belong.

They may actually screen Suicide Squad at Comic Con

He's Feige's babbu, user. Dude's getting at least 2 more movies.

Oh, I'm sure we'll see more of strange in the future, that's not my point. I just don't think Strange's training is a particularly interesting period in his history. There's a reason Lee and Ditko skipped over it.

Considering how cautious DC should be right now with their movies, that would be the dumbest thing possible.

Unless the movie shits gold bricks and cures cancer, odds are they're being paying for review embargo's out the ass, to delay them as long as possible.

>Steve reading huge-ass books all night
>he starts to doze off
>suddenly Morgan Freeman's voice starts narrating The Raven

>This is the director of Doctor Strange
>Writer was the writer of Prometheus and that shitty invisible alien movie.

Movie is gonna be a disaster.

Because the previous MCU movies were directed by people who never did anything shitty, right?

Hellraiser: Inferno was actually pretty good for a low-budget straight to dvd horror movie.

Difference is they at least did something good.

The director and the writer have always been shitty.

One of the writers claimed that Marvel rejected the initial balls-to-the-wall script but hired them anyway because they clearly "got" the source material and should save the truly ambitious shit for a later time.
They're purposefully easing audiences into the Strange experience, we just gotta be patient.

>invisible alien movie.
You know it's a terrible concept when all you gotta say is these 3 words for everyone to know exactly what movie you're talking about.

They'll be fine. Not like they've got too much freedom.

Do modern horror films ever get good reviews?
I mean, the past 20 years seems to be built around making them as shitty and campy as possible.

James Wan's horror movies get good reviews.

Super 8?

Monster?

The Darkest Horror.

There's being invisible, and then there's being pretentious.

Learn the difference.

The Darkest Hour*

The guy who wrote this
youtube.com/watch?v=VUznviXV-U8

Is writing Doctor Strange.

Isn't that a movie about Aileen Wuornos?

Sounds Lovecrafty.

If they do it wrong, though, it'll be a fairly dull movie with a fucked up structure. With Strange you NEED to go weird right out of the gate. Slowly working through his trainee days isn't the way to do it. That stuff is better covered in sparing flashback. Get him to the Ancient One, then move past that to Strange a s a sorcerer.

>Difference is they at least did something good.
Which we're only admitting in retrospect.
After they made capeshit we liked.
Slither's no better than this shit.

Super was one of the best movies of 2010, and 2010 was a great year for movies.

>>>Carol Danvers actress revealed?
Please god be Anna Torv and not some bitch ass teen.

>Denvers

>>Writer was the writer of Prometheus and that shitty invisible alien movie.
Carlyle didn't write any of that???

Horror movies always get rated low.

Although to be fair, they usually have to deal with concepts way to big for their budgets, so maybe the big budget will fit.

Derrickson is my least liked director of the Marvel lineup, though. Although to be fair, that's almost by default.

No, bad horror movies get low ratings.

She can't be over 30. They need someone that won't age but also has an adult face, and doesn't look like a teenager, like Rachel McAdams or Chastain, but they need her at like 26-27, so she can do movies for the next 10 years.

Larson is already showing some ageing signs, so I'm hoping for someone else. Hopefully someone with low-profile like they did for Star Wars. Hannah New? Hannah New without a huge forehead?

Fair, but then by that argument there has never been a good horror movie, has there? I'm not too inside the issue, it was just an observation.

>implying
tumblr has hated cumberbatch for years now, he's a racist britbong, the worst thing you could be in their eyes.

lots of movies with whitewashed leads have flopped recently, Pan and that Emma stone movie come to mind, but I think the MCU brand name might actually protect it against it flopping horribly. at worst it'll be Thor 2 tier

in both of those movies the white washed people were supporting characters

What do you think the Ancient One is?

The ancient one has a clear Scar on her head. She was more than likely reluctantly operated on by Strange early in the movie.

They are playing with it, not just swapping the race.

Anna Torv is where acting goes to die