What do Mexicans and Spaniards think of this man?

What do Mexicans and Spaniards think of this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_de_Jesús_Nazareno#Cortés_tomb
youtube.com/watch?v=K7WsIpS7Psw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was based, a visionary of his time who managed to conquer a whole civilisation of beasts.
He appeared on our 1000 pesetas banknotes before the euro arrival.

fuck that puto

A real hero and a human bean

*sneezes in your direction*

sorry pal

CHI

He's my uncle

Likes his beer cold

>fuck that puto

My Ancestor :)

kys

He was a visionary, unlike idiotic losers on Sup Forums who don't know he was amazed with the Aztec civilization.

Obligatory reading

>Mexican government unironically keeps his burial location secret to protect him
Why are Mexicans such a gigantic cucks?

>What do Mexicans and Spaniards
>american flag

fucking kek

How did the Aztecs react to seeing some rag tags Castile sent to die on their coasts? I'm pretty curious from the Aztec perspective.

Los diablos de Los indios

There are books about this and a movie but I havent read or watched either.

White gods is a meme, but Moctezuma was a superstitious ex priest so a bearded conqueror arriving right at the time of the prophecy was positively spooky.
They were curious of their floating mountains and their beards, and terrified and in awe of their horses. They were probably confused at the Spaniards disdain for their customs, and were likely not impressed by the Spaniards very much, who may have been stinky compared to Aztecs who bathed regularly. At the time nutrition had not had as big of an effect on height as it does now so they were not really physically imposing either.

> la otra conquista
movie about it

Why were Aztecs so stupid? Mayans resisted way more.

Didn't pay attention in class did you?

1. Maya terrain was much more difficult to traverse
2. Maya cities were built for local defense, every Maya city presented an independent and difficult enemy to the Spanish
3. The Aztec empire was in a heated political situation, Cortez used this to acquire native allies which were the most important factor in the conquest
4. The Aztec empire was centralized as fuck and striking at their core was extremely damaging

Aztecs were inland. You are thinking of Mayas and other coastal ethnicities.

Demonized by modern History

In general an awesome dude.

If he hadn't come I'd be 100% Indio rather than 1% so thanks Mr Cuts.

If he hadn't come, you would be a 100% Spaniard living in Spain instead of a mongrelized """Indio""".

I guess that makes more sense actually.

Fucking Spaniards, they ruined Spain

That doesn't make sense lmao

I obviously don't like what he did, but I won't demonize him. He was a cunning and brave man, and he was an honorable man who respected the grandeur of his conquered nation. He even had nightmares and felt guilty after executing the last emperor of the Aztecs, because he felt it had been unfair. He was much better than the savages who conquered the Andes I guess.

>we will never know what these numbers meant

This can't be true.

It's more about Cortez tho

There was a monk with him that discribed the customs of the aztecs pretty detailed.
I am too lazy to find the source.

But damn the Aztecs were massive cunts and savages. How can he feel bad he should be a saint for what he did.

3 rows of 11
3 rows of 18
3 rows of 14

Are you CHI?

Please don't make him shy.

>There was a monk with him that discribed the customs of the aztecs pretty detailed.
Yes, let's trust a source who tried to demonized every single aspect of the indigenous culture.

Wtf are you talking about Germany? He felt bad for torturing and then killing their emperor because he had already surrendered and he only wanted gold. Aztecs did do sacrimemes, but it wasn't "tens of thousands". And they weren't innocents, it was POWs who considered it an honor. The spaniards were amazed by their civilization.
What do you think
their descendent is still alive and is a castizo spaniard who is nobility over there
Sad the level of civilizational collapse that happened to the Maya, on par with rome if not worse. Went from an alphabet to pictorial writing.

He was a monk. Not your CNN reporter.

>It is a mistake to pass Cortés off as a pirate. According to his own lights, he was a Christian knight, whom God had generously granted an opportunity to become another Alexander the Great. With a tiny army, Hernán Cortés was prepared to conquer any kingdoms that might be encountered in the west, for glory, God, and gold. Not only was he misunderstood by later men; he was far from typical of his own time and place. He was a considerable cut above all other Spanish conquistadores, especially murderous swineherds like Almagro or Pizarro.

>Although ruled by his ambition for personal glory, he was an honest patriot to his country. Determined to conquer a kingdom for himself, he was still entirely loyal to Carlos I, a king he had never seen—more loyal, in fact, than that suspicious Hapsburg ever really understood.

>Cortés could be brutal—no gentle soldier in that age could have long survived—yet he instinctively preferred to avoid bloodshed whenever possible. He was crafty and could be murderously cruel—but his cruelty invariably derived from policy. Cortés would employ any amount of force to succeed, but when he was victorious he was genuinely magnanimous to his enemies. He was pragmatic and coolly accepted the world—and yet few men who ever lived have been so stubbornly single-minded in pursuit of a goal.

>Cortés cannot be weighed against anachronistic values; he can only fairly be measured against his times. His faith must be seen against the fanatic Catholicism of sixteenth-century Spain. His ambition must be put against the bursting vanity of the Renaissance, when fame was everything. His brutality and cruelty must be compared with the treacheries and tortures accepted everywhere in Europe, and his morality balanced against the cesspool of amorality and intrigue that Italianate politics was making from Fernando's Aragon to Tudor England.

APOLOGISE

Wow, you're a cuck. Kys.
t. Other CHI

It's true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_de_Jesús_Nazareno#Cortés_tomb
>not knowing Mexico is cuck: the country
Bad chi

Why aren't you learning Nahuatl?
youtube.com/watch?v=K7WsIpS7Psw

>He was a monk. Not your CNN reporter.
An Spanish monk wasn't that trustworthy either. A lot of them were pretty biased.

>The Valladolid Controversy was organized by King Charles V (grandson of Ferdinand and Isabella) to give an answer to the question whether the indigenous peoples of the Americas were capable of self-governance, during the Spanish colonization of the Americas.
>Sepúlveda defended the position of the colonists, although he had never been to America, claiming that some Amerindians were "natural slaves" as defined by Aristotle in Book I of Politics. [...] These assertions in regard to some but not all Amerindians were made in Democrates alter de justis belli causis apud Indos (A Second Democritus: on the just causes of war with Indians) Rome, 1550.

I admired him since I read his biography at maybe 10 or 11 years old. He was a genius, and much more than just a profiteer.

> You can't respect the people responsible for your history

If it wasn't Cortez, it would be someone else. Would you rather have an outright genocide or something? I admire him as a person, but I obviously disagree with what he did. However an Aztec empire would likely not have been much kinder.

In his last will, Cortés clearly states that he wanted the hospital to be built for the sons of the Aztec warriors who had perished in battle during the Conquest of Tenochtitlan. This was not an institution for wounded Spanish soldiers. It was built many years after the Spanish conquest of the Aztec empire.

He respected what he conquered, like a true conqueror and not a simple barbarian.

lmao kill yourself. are you the same monarchist faggot from yesterday? i bet you are

wow, good master cortes takes care of his negros. such a nice guy.

Conquers you with the flu.

How sad. I wish the Amerindians all across the continent would rise up and take back their land.

It sucks having a bunch of violent, stupid, white-worshipping mestizos all over the place.

What's your problem ese

I know modern bullshit has made you think you must be deadset on total warfare and fanatic hate for your enemies, but for hundreds of years opponents respected each other when it was meritable. The last request of Moctezuma to Cortez was to take care of his daughters.

Hope we balkanize and make new empires

He was not honorable, Cortés had many genial qualities, he was brave, he was smart, he was charismatic, but he had no honor and this was a matter well acknowledged in his time, the crown was very careful to distance itself from many of his actions and Cortés was considered a disreputable man by Spaniards of his generation. His treatment of Moctezuma, which he obviously felt guilty about, and his deceit and torture of Cuauhtemoc are pretty revealing.

Pictured is a statue of Xicohtencatl Axayacatzin, this was the prince who led the Tlaxacaltecs against the Aztecs, a man who fought alongside Cortés. As thanks for his efforts Cortés denied him a warrior's death and hanged him on some made up charge in order to increase his own control over Tlaxcala.

Cortés was a murderer, a liar and a thief, his virtues do not excuse him, he was petty and misserable in victory and he tried to cheat many of the men he commanded. Very sadly I cannot say he was the most succesful man in history who had such horrible qualities, but he's certainly amongst the better known ones.

Like it or not, Cortez is the father of this country.

*new spain

Quit it with the roleplaying fuckig Aztlanistas. you know shit about Mexico.

I guess so, at best he had the respect and empathy inside him for the Nahua, but in the end he let greed take the best of him.
>Monument to rape
why is this allowed?

> t. chilango dropped out of 4th grade to sell elotes

leave chi's alone

Why are Zacatecas' borders so fucked up?

>sudacas luchiendo

No, mestizo, I don't want to speak Spanish
No, mestizo, I don't want to shake my ass to reggaeton
No, mestizo, I don't want to be a drug-dealer
No, mestizo, I don't want to be cultureless mongrel
No, mestizo, I don't want to be a white lapdog
No, mestizo, I don't want to be you.

Go to Europe where you wish you were born.

>be me
>take a little road trip
>end up in a place called colon
>see cristopher columbus statue at the entrace
>me being an autist hadn't realized the town was named after him
>mfw columbus statue and town named after him in the middle of mexico

What did Amerimutt mean by this
Mexico seems to be weirdly neutral to this stuff as well as Americaz despite condemning it. Confed statue memes will probably end up in Mexico sooner or later

I'm t Sinaloense who knows his country's history a lot better than you, I wrote Joke's on you I'm white, and yet more of a heir to the Aztecs than you'll ever be Pocho

>I'm white
>>>/europe/

>Sinaloense
>I'm white

> We wuz kangz

Maybe you do know better, it is always good to see someone who doesn't fall for the muh savages meme. I think you can't really compare Cortez to people like Pizzaro, although he was no Cabeza de Vaca either.

we CHICANOS view him as the literal antichrist, sent by the devil himself to conquer our native lands. we CHICANOS are of pure 100% amerindian blood and view and white “person” as a subhuman unworthy of either adoration or hatred. in fact, i pity him more than anything for not recieving the blessing of KARA BOGA

No, we wuzn't kangz but we wuz no lepers either

As for Cortés I wouldn't really make much of a distinction in between him and Pizarro, if anything that he could appreciate the worth of what he was destroying only made him the more guilty for it. Leaving aside the acts and means of conquest there was no need for much of what he did later.

Cortés did nothing wrong.

I dont get your first reply to me lol
He didn't utterly destroy it or try to though? I dont think so anyways

He tortured an innocent man for money and forcefully converted people so yeah he did

He could've done a better job. That's what I think. I'm sorry but Indios aren't very attractive. Mexico could've been like Argentina or Uruguay. It might even be Spanish clay if not for them.