What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Rebirth thus far...

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Rebirth thus far? I've been enjoying it greatly with the only real stinker for me personally was Jurgen's action comics.

Superdad was kind of boring but everything else been great.

It's been okay to flat out great.

I'm disappointed that Booth's art still sucks on Titans.

The only book I haven't enjoyed has been WW but that's only been a single issue.

>Jurgen's action comics

Actually thought that was decent. Only problem was that Jurgens' Superman doesn't act much like Superman. But that was an issue with his Superman run in the 90s as well.

Batman was meh, but everything else has been great so far.

>Jurgens Action Comics
>bad

Maybe I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since I've been following his Superman since Convergence, but I didn't think Action was bad at all. The only thing I can think that made me roll my eyes a bit was going back to the Doomsday well yet again.

IMO Jurgens writes a damn good Superman.

I have liked most of it but my initial reaction to the main Superman writers seems valid now so I'll skip out on those until they put writers I like on those two books. Batman is also what I thought it would be: a decent book but I don't really like Bruce himself a lot of the time so I needed King to win me over and he didn't.

>Superman
Very good, I hope it's more of a family drama then an "Action Comic". Not hyped for Eradicator though.
>Batman
Really a mixed bag, I didn't like the rebirth issue at all despite being a fan of most of Snyder's run, but the first issue was alright. Really like where this is going, just not where it is.
>Green Arrow
Art is fantastic, at first I wasn't a fan of this GA but now I get that he's the nu52 douchebag GA on his way to be the pre52 GA we know.
>GLs
It was okay. I like the art and I like the premise. not much else.

Really loving it thus far. The Rebirth issues are really for new readers and to set up the status quo, but that's fine. The first wave of #1s have been really enjoyable. Green Arrow is the top of the heap for me right now, but I expected that. Pleasantly surprised that the Superman comics are once again fantastic - it's been awhile. Even the lesser Rebirth books - Green Lanterns and Titans - are mediocre at worst and have enjoyable content. Looking forward to Supergirl, Teen Titans and Deathstroke.

>Falling for DC gimmicks

no thanks

b-but they're "fixing" what was wrong with nu52you. There's also gonna be a big blue penis in there somewhere.

Jurgen's Supes started off strong but it lost me towards the end with the whole Doomsday battle again and this mysterious man calling himself Clark Kent. I get that Jurgen's is setting up for an air of mystic in his run but it didn't really come off as interesting.

Willing to see how it plays out, though.

Yeah, I wish both Superman titles were better. 'Superman' has potential, but the first issue was a little decompressed/flat. Enjoyed everything else, especially Green Arrow and Batman.

Can someone remind me whether Luthor deserves to have his shit kicked in this version of reality?

I've only read him in Morrison's Action, Forever Evil, and Justice League (and I don't remember all of the last two). Is he a secret villain like when he was president or just Superior Iron Man?

He was in Superman Unchained, but I only remember him breaking out of prison.

Superman >>>> all the rest

There's no real justification for it yet. He is probably secretly a villain but preFP Superman has no evidence of villainy even after investigating him. He is just acting out of character.

Green Arrow, Superman and Flash are the best books I've read so far, but I haven't read a bad Rebirth book yet. It's pretty remarkable how consistent the quality has been across the board.

The oneshots are okay at worst, which is an improvement over how shit all the A lister books were before.
I liked the #1s better so I am waiting for Flash and Wondy's

Green Arrow and Flash have my interest based on the content of the comics. Wonder Woman has my interest based on loving the character (Perez' run is my favorite). And Green Lanterns has my attention if not really my interest, because it feels like it should be better than it is, and I think maybe it'll hit its stride soon.

I'll probably keep picking up Titans as well, to see where things go with Wally.

But, user. Aquaman.

I'm mostly looking forward to more of this

Its so cute I'm dying

You know reading these threads, I'm surprised to see that everyone has different opinions on the best Rebirth issue or #1 so far (like I don't really get why everyone has been hyping up Green Arrow) but I have yet to see one that people think was outright shit.

It's all been solid to great so far. I'm really excited for Tom King on Batman. But the real kicker for me will be how Nightwing turns out. Writer and art team are great though, so I'm optimistic.

Really liked this issue. Art and writing were nice. Interested to see how Jon develops, but at least we can rest easy knowing he has a potential qt in the wings.

Having Patrick Gleason draw qt kids is a stroke of genius after his work on B&R and R:SOB.

Technically not a #1 but I think the first issue of Action was pretty shitty outside of the art.

But it's not really surprising. The A-Lister books mostly have good talent on them and they were rolled out first. Wait until some of the shittier stuff like Lobdell, Harley, probably at least one of Batgirl or Birds of Prey, etc start coming and the overall quality will drop.

Booths colorist*

Somebody didn't see the Batman Rebirth thread

Nah even then, Booth's faces really take me out of the comic.

I really don't understand why people flipped out at that issue, I thought it was great. Not King's best work, but a solid base and a good one-and-done exhibition of Batman's character.

No, his faces and thighs are absolutely tragic.

His butts are fantastic though.

Pretty good so far, I'm disliking how everyone seems to have far widely spread opinions on which books are the best and the worst.

>Jon being a sperg
I love it, I hope they actually use him and not just forget about him like with Chris. I'm gonna go full John Byrne and say I like it because he's Superman's actual spawn.

>Action Comics
I actually really liked it, I'm liking the mystery of the new Clark Kent person (Probably just gonna be revived Nu52 Superman), Doomsday is a lazy retreat but hey, we got Lex Luthor as Superman. How Superman flipped off that quickly on him is pretty OoC but I guess after Infinite Crisis (both the Even and the Digital Comic), it just showed to us that anywhere in the Universe, a Superman and a Luthor will always be at odds.

Is justice league #52 a prequel to action comics or green lanterns? Ive seen conflicting reports

I think originally it was
>51 - Action, 52 - GLs
and then it was
>51 - Action, 52 - Titans
and now it's
>51 - Titans, 52 - Action

Nice little 4x4 from Twitter. Very fun to be able to know all the references to this kind of thing.

Overall, I'm impressed. Most importantly, the real #1s have been good so far, and so I'm hype that things look like they'll be consistent or consistently improving from here on.

- Action, 52 - Titans
>and now it's
- Titans, 52 - Action
hilarious

>I'm disliking how everyone seems to have far widely spread opinions on which books are the best and the worst.
Why would that be an issue? Comics are like movies, books etc. - a form of artistic and creative medium for entertainment. Like any artistic medium, people are going to like different things depending on individual taste. The fact that different
people have different things at the top of their list is a good thing. It means there's something for everyone, which is one of the things DCYou was trying to do. The fact that there's a pretty general consensus that nothing is outright crap is also pretty encouraging.

Nothing's been horrible so far although a lot of it has been kinda meh

Then again the Rebirth one shots were like extended previews and not many #1s are out so I guess that's understandable

GLs has probably been my biggest disappointment so far