How different would the original Thor be if it were made today...

How different would the original Thor be if it were made today? I feel like it was made at a time where superhero movie creators were still afraid to go all out with some of the more far-out comic book concepts, so the movie has a very safe feeling, with the gods not being actual gods and most of the movie taking place on Earth with the main character being Natalie Portman's Jane Foster and her ragtag group of scientists instead of Thor.

I would have prefered the first Thor when they did it the same as wiht Captain American and made 95% Asgard and only at the end comes to earth.

Thor is really tricky, because it needed Thor to be on Earth so that he had a reason to team up with the Avengers.

They really should have adapted Donald Blake Thor.

>with the gods not being actual gods
The ancient aliens approach was legitimately the best case scenario.
The comics themselves never explicitly addressed how the fuck ancient pantheons actually exist for the longest time, and had so much Kirby bullshit everything and stories about invading aliens that for all readers knew they were advanced extra-terrestrials themselves.
And when they DID address it, it boiled down to Gods being made of magical farts.
And that, you know, he's Thor. Guardian of Midgard. Caring about the wellfare of Earth instead of the latest interstellar troll hunt is a major dramatic theme in his stories.

>creating a new comic book character in 2016 that isn't a thinly veiled attempt to sell a screenplay or inane navel gazing indie bullshit

Introduce The kree with Mar-vell as the threat that he needs to stop
That should be motivation enough for him to care about the earth since theres an intergalatic treaty not to touch it.

The pacing is too fast at least give him a a couple of months to immerse in midgard.

They could have easily introduce Ant man and Wasp here for the science part
Then we could have haf the original roster of the avengers in the first movie

I can accept that they are not gods but aliens

But depowering Thor ruined it for me.

>Introduce The kree with Mar-vell as the threat that he needs to stop
How about they stick to Thor characters and concepts? Novel idea, I know.

Seems like MCU likes to connect things more than see them as separate entities

How many people know that Donald Blake is the original alter ego to Thor?

Just be happy that Thor still is a Aryan blond muscle Man.

isn't classical thor a redhead though

like, isn't comics thor only blonde because stan and jack probably went "lol norway amirite??"

The only piece of evidnece for this I'm seeing is Civil War famalam.
And even then it was a Cap villain manipulating a Cap character into causing a lot of grief for Cap. After two prior All-Cap movies.

I knew thanks to the 90s Hulk cartoon but had noooo idea how the fuck it was meant to work. The best i could come up with was that was a dude who could magical-girl up himself some powers and simply called himself Thor (ironically, what most Marvel civilians think).

I think in the original myth Thor has red hair.

>Ant man and Wasp as the science team

And Roy Thomas made his own OC donut steel Thor with red hair for his Ragnarok.

They had a throwaway line in the first movie. Seriously though,
>Donald Blake being a nurse
>meeting Jane
>secret identity hospital shenanigans
>Loki creates the Wrecking Crew
I think he was ruined by Avengers being on the horizon. They needed no loose ends so streamline him into the teamup. I want a reboot dammit.

>Loki creates the Wrecking Crew

I still like the first Thor movie. It's an 80's family-friendly fantasy movie about a meathead who needs to learn humility and find true love, and in that context it all works.

I like that the whole thing takes place in some shitty town in the middle of nowhere, just this fun little adventure to get you to meet the characters

This. Also, Foo Fighters.

I thought making everything science fantasy was done to please the Chinese. It's the reason why I'm not looking forward to Dr. Strange.

Apparently that was one user shitposting and the actual guidelines simply state "no ghosts".

That's how I'm introducing Loki. He will be behind their origin. You do KNOW their origin right?

does astral projection count as a ghost
does he even still do that only strange i have read is his strange tales stuff up to 141 and the amazing spiderman annual 2 so maybe he has completely changed from what i know