THE POWER OF A SHAZAM THREAD

You can keep calling him Captain Marvel if you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UaYu-3Bi3HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>if you want.

Good. Because that's what I'm gonna do. Billy ain't the wizard and the wizard ain't the captain.

But Captain Marvel is a girl.

This will also include Black Adam

Or Teth-Adam

Just pick a name and roll with it.

Just slap in the whole Shazam Squad and you're good.

The Batson's have been around for quite some time...

And like any characters

... Have changed considerably.

I dig the hood but not the shiny boots.

DON'T EVER FORGET 'TALKY TAWNY'

Yeah and her name is Monica.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN THIS WAS A THING?

This artist does the Japanese translations of some of DC's trades. Pretty neat.

And Monica is never getting her own movie.

>Autism: The Post

Black Adam and his new bro?

And getting so assblasted that you have to meme-up my opinion on a name change isn't autistic at all. Not even close.

Outside KC, will Billy ever be allowed to age?

How loudly does a Marvel family member need to say their magic word for it to work?

>Lewd Stargirl
I hope you're prepared for Cereal Man to come to your house to personally choke you out

Nah not really

As much as I like Black Adam as a centuries old edgelord with a massive bone to pick with the Wizard Shazam, I think he works better as a misunderstood ani-hero who's spirit is just manipulated by evil people into wrong doing

He aged a little Post-Crisis. Went from like 12-15.

You can't really make him too old without losing the appeal though.

I miss starwoman

>Channing "Human Beef Log" Tatum as the Captain

youtube.com/watch?v=UaYu-3Bi3HI

I think an Older Billy could work, it'd just take a writer who could handle the "no longer the innocence of a child" side of things.

Same for Mary. But I wouldn't work for more than a mini.

>Channing Tatum and the Rock trying to out Ham one another
>Billy beats Black Adam by challenging him to a Video Game competition

>Having a nice talk.
>Ibac just runs through your fucking wall.

Every time.

So which one is best?
White Mary Marvel...

Didn't he created that ship in the first place? I'm pretty sure he wrote those JSA issues

Or Black Mary?

Arguments like this are why I'm dreading a Mar-Vell storytime, despite him being one of my favorite Cosmic Characters.

DC should pick up Sen as a regular artist, she could be DC's Gurihuru

Red, but white over black.

Both. White to ruin, Black to dominate me.

That reminds of an abandoned plot in Superbuddies where Mary's costume would go from white to red after kosing her virginity to Guy.

In my headcanon there's a missing page where Superman fucking decked The Wizard before going to Billy's apartment.

I want Black Mary to corrupt Billy, sexually.

Forgot my comment.

He will always be Captain Marvel to me.

Supes wouldn't do that beside the wizard
Is way over his league, Shazam is a lord of order like Nabu, he went toe to toe against the Spectre.

Why doesn't the wizard do his own dirty work instead?

Someone must station the Rock of Eternity.

There has to be someone there to keep it intact and make sure the wild energy in it (as well as the deadly sins imprisoned there), don't break out and fuck everything up.

Remind of that sex video with mary marvel.

Because Magic is nothing but stupid rules.

As someone that has never read anything about the Marvel family I think the only time I read anything about them was in the few pages dedicated to Billy in CoIE, can someone suggest me where to start? I mean literally the basic, origin of the character and everything else And, if you please, some of his best stories to read after having learned how that family works

Because he has to keep the 7 deadly enemies of man in check inside the rock of eternity. This was established in the power of shazam ongoing. Hell in 52 weeks we see that was the first function that Billy took over once the wizard died.

Not true, but fun.

Tawny the Tiger?

what video?

Actually he goes by Talky Tawny.

The power of shazam and the ongoing after it are a pretty good place to start imo, then you can read the character in JSA.

Someone needs to storytime that run, since it'll never get reprinted.

Am I a minority here, or is anyone else disappointed they didnt do more with Billy's new god pantheon? I liked the new suit and thought fire was a nice compliment to the living lightning. Wish it would have stuck around longer

The one from the '90s?
Thanks for the answer

Apparently Im not the only one kek

Yep that one
It surprisingly good for a comic from the 90's

Was there a story time of the Shazam squad?

No, but the depowering was ambiguous enough that they can bullshit a reason for him using the new pantheon if they want. Like maybe Darkseid just siphoned off some of it but it comes back when Billy transforms again.

White > red. Black is not muh Mary.

I agree completely we didn't even get to see what source manipulation does, is as bad as the fact we haven't seen the thunderkids since the curse of shazam ended.

Wait, so we never saw Billy transform post Darkseid War then
>Theres a chance
Neat. Which by the way, its been a real shame how little Billy has been given during the New 52. I enjoyed is small arc with Black Adam and was disappointed he never got a book

Source manipulation sounds like the most broken thing ever. But my guess it was Billy's new way of casting "spells". I also kind of liked the new pantheon because it kind of helped distance himself from Wonder Womans mythological background

Isn't he still officially 'Captain Marvel' on Earth 5 or something?