Foriner says they learnt English just by watching English language films/tv

>foriner says they learnt English just by watching English language films/tv
is English that easy to learn?

Yes, it is. Comics and books are better ways to learn.

Yeah it is
It’s very barebones, it’s not ridden with stupid complicated exceptions, genders, multiple alphabets, it’s not that context sensitive

No, it's just that English media is omnipresent

It's definitely one of the more babby-tier languages.

In all fairness, the simplicity of it stems from the fact that the only problematic part (writing/pronunciation, which makes Chinese characters look appealing) is the one that is easily fixed with semi-frequent exposure.

No amount of catchphrases is going to help your ass with Slavic declensions, or learn the 3 different pronunciations and several meanings inherent to the various kanji. Seeing 'fire' and 'escape' a few times and you'll be able to reproduce the sound as well as write them down easily.

If 90% of the internet; or 90% of good films, books, music, and television; were in Latin, I think that I'd be fluent in that too.

Now ask most foreigners to understand the myriad of English types, accents, dialects, etc.

I was talking to a Scottish hobo in London he said I understood him but the locals didn't

> London
Do not think that London represents Britain. At all.

True

Haahahahahaha faggot!

>is English that easy to learn?
No.

Even you as native had to take courses in school to grasp all the complexities of it. People who said that watching films/tv is enough to learn English is lying or is overrating its own understanding of the language.

It's more constant exposure/immersion than using TV or whatever as a tool

Due to its historical contacts with other languages like Norman and Nordic, English legitimately exhibits linguistic features such as the loss of its once complex grammar features that are mostly found in créolized languages.

It's not just a meme.

t. brainlet

Really fucking easy..
I never went to a fuckng languages school or nothing like that cause there is really no need for it.
You can learn it alone, also most english teachers here are shit anyways.

To read and write it is, but listening and speaking are the hard part of English.

that, and they don't have to learn genderised nouns, and how every sentence can change because of it.

Listening is also easy..
The only hard part would be the accent but only when you learnt it at an old age.
If you learn it as a child speaking it is also easy as fuck.

Learnt it playing runescape at 7years of age

>>foriner

Apparently not.

They get a lot more exposure to it than anglophones get to whatever language they're learning. Resources for English are much more abundant. They have more motivation for learning English than anglophones have for learning another language.

dont be mean to him user..
everyone knows anglos are shit at languages, even if said language is their own.

If you've watched an entire movie with low or medium volume, or series, made for native speakers this is not exactly true.

Bilingual schools are off possibilities to most people, especially American or British also.

>is English that easy to learn?
like your mom

Yes Engrish is eesy!!!

rude tb h

The hardest part is the pronunciation in my opinion.

Maybe you're just dumb.

2bh it's not so easy when you're trying to read books by authors like James Joyce or poetry for example.

Same

Yeah man. I leaned English from watching the Simpsons.

Amerimutts and beady-eyed Anglos are LITERALLY speaking the equivalent of ebonics

Makes me think......................................

English isn't simple, it's a clusterfuck of of different languages and has a ton of exceptions to its rules. You just hear it everywhere so it's easy to learn.

>samefagging 6 hours later
dumb bullethead

I've never ever seen foreigner who saying loving anime speaks Japanese fluently, but when I met foreigners who speak Japanese really fluently (at least on comprehensive level) they say they love watching Japanese drama so I think the best way to learn language is watching drama.

>grammar
perhaps, but it's irregular
>pronunciation
absolutely no

I learned it by playing videogames, tho i often fuck up pronunciation and have troubles typing some words.

Maybe if you're an illiterate monkey.

Jokes aside the only difficulty stems from it being written over a hundred years ago. Hell, even reading lithuanian from a hundred years ago is harder, compared to it.