What is your countries prime example of beautiful architecture demolished in the name of progress?

What is your countries prime example of beautiful architecture demolished in the name of progress?

I have something worse, they didn’t even let the building die with honor

It's demolished in the name of not being a being a dangerous piece of shit that's nowhere up to code and can't be repaired

No,
>cultural cringe resulted in anti-heritage attitudes which led to the demolition of many world class pre-war buildings in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney, destroying some of the world's best examples of Victorian architecture.[16] Modernism was promoted to many Australians as casting off imperial Europe to rebuild a new independent identity, and the existing pre-war architecture, which was a feature of Australian cities, was denigrated.[17] This resulted in many calls to demolish the Royal Exhibition Building, labelled the derogatory term "white elephant". It was not until Queen Elizabeth II granted the building Royal status that Australians began to recognise its value. The building became the first in Australia to be given World Heritage status

>those ugly-ass windows
Don't tell me they also put a steel door in there.

Jesus christ. Either way the last few shitstorms I've seen thrown over historical building demolition were what I described

What the fuck is that?

if that was true, europe wouldn't be filled with those buildings

>in the name of progress
That's a funny way to say capitalism

The ones he is talking about are often buildings built in like the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s which technically have heritage value to the history of the city, but are filled to the brim with asbestos, made with poor materials etc.

ah i thought we were talking about buildings that were older than my grandma

isn't scandinavia full of modern buildings

only norway and parts of sweden

is this in australia?

Still better than commieblocks and Le Corbusier 2bh

está en valpo, es la compañía sudamericana de vapores

We destroyed it all in the Meiji era :(

Before Meiji

This one is great, actually, one of my favourite combinations. Would be better is the glass structure was a bit thicker, though.

there is a specific name for stuff like this, anyone remembers it?