>falling for counterfeit yifys.

hahaha enjoy being on the watchlist, expect a letter any time you seed enough

>seeding on public trackers

>not using a proxy
>living a country where that letter shit actually happens

They should be going down any day now

>proxy
lel
they also log everything regardless of your countries laws just incase they can prosecute you in future

aXXo is where it's at guys

>scene groups ever going down

Let me guess you don't have a 4k screen?

>vpn doesnt log
>somehow "they" are holding logs for the future
>living in a cucked country like that anyway

yeah, nah. stick to your useless film major bullshit, let people who actually know how the internet works speak kid. holy shit.

Why are public trackers so shit?
You can't even find older scene releases on it, just YIFY garbage, reencodes, or autistic 20+GB releases.

this.
third world shitholes have no interest in enforcing copyright so film producing countries can make money.

Filesize too big

>he doesnt know

I've been downloading for over 15 years and I've never once had a letter or any notifications about ANYTHING.
I don't seed, ever... don't give a fuck if that's shitty, but seeding gets you caught.
Plus I live in the UK and it's very rare ANYONE gets done for downloading.

People who only download 20gb movies are fucking retarded

if you watch normal full HD tv (1080p) you aren't gonna tell the difference between a 3gb or a 20gb movie.

UNLESS you watch on a 4k tv and you sit like 30cm in front of the screen. But if you sit on sofa and your tv is on other side of the living room there is NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL you are actually gonna tell a difference.

The only time I might think a yifi rip is bad is when I watch it on my computer monitor on my desk, but then I sit like 30cm in front of it so it's understandable. But for televisions it doesnt matter and the only people shitting on yifi or the only people downloading 20gb rips are fucking tryhards

Agree completely.
If I sit like I am now, at my desk, like 30 inches away from my screen, I can tell the difference in quality.
When I sit back on my bed like I usually do when watching films, it looks absolutely fine.

lucky bastard, p2p is dead in Germany, you'll get a five digit fine or even jailtime for downloading anime let alone Hollywood movies. Piracy is only alive here though direct downloads and the Usenet.

What you fail to realise is that sitting all the way away from the screen is actually what makes you a pleb with clearly no concept or appreciation of cinematography or the artistry of film making

>torrent fags

no way. just dont respond to the emails? if they show up at your door deny and say it must have been the neighbours?

YIFY is pretty bad even for the file size.
Just compare the shit to a scene release of similar size.

YIFY shit is often choppy as fuck, so it's awful to watch even while you're on your sofa.

just get a vpn

Guess I am lucky, dowloaded a shit ton of movies from public trackers a few years back, even seeded quite a bit. All without a VPN.

Advanced bait

What movie?

You know as well as me that that's not true.

I got a letter from a lawyer trying to blackmail for downloading a Walking Dead episode.
I declined to pay and luckily never got sued and it falls under statute of limitations now.

You know you spot a first class filthy ass plebeian when the only thing he cares about is the video quality

So you only judge a file quality by the picture?
You don't mind the disgusting downgraded 92kbps audio with every sound louder then someone talking is completely digitally distorted uncomprehensible garbage?

You listened to better quality audio when you ripped dodgy bootleg songs from Limewire 8 years ago for fucks sake.

Even if you watched it on your fucking phone you would notice the atrocious quality.

>downloading that extra 18gb just for the audio

yeah you're unironically retarded

To the best of my knowledge, the cops don't come after you for torrenting. The police aren't watching you and neither is your ISP. Greedy studios can sue you and force you to pay up, but it's rather complicated. Once they get your IP, they have to go to your ISP to get your info, and from there, they have to agree to release it, though I don't believe they're legally bound to do so (perhaps if they get a court order or something, it's different).

I've always heard, though this may be wrong, that they can only get you for uploading, not downloading. This is why hardly anyone has gotten into trouble for streaming. It's always torrents because you're uploading by default. Don't know if they even factor in how much of the file you've seeded, so I doubt refusing to seed makes any difference. Your IP isn't in the peer list as long, so I guess you could argue having it up for half an hour or less vs say two to three hours or whatever could help in the sense that you have a slightly smaller window for any studios to get a hold of your IP, but you're talking about a marginal difference at best, and this is incredibly selfish (torrenting as a concept only works if people give back what they get).

If you're really worried about getting a letter, just stick to streaming, or get a VPN (they're inexpensive and easy to set up). Alternatively, you could stream for big movies and torrent less mainstream stuff (this is what I did before I started using VPNs, and I've never been in any trouble).

Only a small percentage of people who download ever get any lawsuit, and they either pay a $500-1000 fine or whatever it is or they can take it to court and if they do that they'd probably win because it's hard to prove that you were actually the one who downloaded/uploaded the fine (could be someone leeching your wifi, could be a lot of things). As far as I know, most of the cases that have actually went to court have been thrown out.

Inferno

just place a quran on your doorstep and you can even download cp

Where did I say I download 20GB's files when downloading films? Why do you even think that's the norm?

I download files around 6-9GBs and I have a fiber-optic connection so I have it downloaded literally before I even finish taking a shit.
There's not a lot of difference in quality between a good 8GB encode and a 20GB encode unless you have a supreme setup, but there is certainly an obvious difference between an artifact filled uncomprehensible dogshit audio "1080p" YIFY encode and a decent 7GB SPARKS file, no matter which setup you have.
Stop pretending like you don’t notice it yourself.

Not how it works. If you don't pay the fine they can sue you and they'll have the logs to prove it.

>tfw living in a transitional shithole in the Balkans
>tfw I could sit in the centre of the main town square, open up my laptop and project my screen with me leeching 20 torrents of the latest mainstream hollywood blockbusters and no one would do jackshit, maybe someone calling me a pleb because of the blockbusters and that's it
>tfw I do all that with zero proxies or VPN, literally straight from Chrome with my account even signed in

Even if you stopped a policeman and told him what am I doing he would laugh right at your face thinking that you can't be serious.

What normies don't seem to understand is the higher file sizes have only so much to do with resolution and more to do with the bitrates. To simplify it for the tiny normie mind, higher bitrate = higher quality. Smaller file sizes = more compression and small bitrates. You can only get so much out of judging and comparing screenshots (to be honest it's really pointless for such purposes), a better test would be to see the thing play in action. If you want the best possible picture obviously you want something with a decent bitrate for the given resolution.

This is one of those things where the old saying 'ignorance is bliss' applies. Netflix's 4K (4K not 1080p) streams stream at only 18mbits. Compare that to an actual 1080p bluray disc which has a bitrate of ~40mbits or an UHD 4K bluray which has a bitrate of ~100mbits.

let me guess, Romania?

>usually download ~4 GB 1080p bluray rips.
>once have to download a 15 GB one because nothing between that and YIFI is available
>not even a tiny step up in quality from what I normally watch

Kek

>hate color banding with all my heart
>have to download high quality rips

>then
Stopped right there

>plebs watching movies on a 15" laptop or a small TV from a mile away

>watching movies with a power-devouring monster that is so big that it doesn't have any source material that would be sharp enough for it

t. American

Kind of off-topic, but is there any real advantage paying for a service like Netflix or Filmstruck over just pirating everything? I've noticed that a lot of otherwise tech savvy people use these services despite presumably being aware of torrents/free streaming sites. Why is this? Convenience? Morality? Fear of lawsuits? Superior quality?

Easy peasy enough to use. Also barely more inconvenient than pirating. Same thing why Spotify is popular.

Morality.
If you're tech savvy you value DRM-free videos that don't' require some shitty specific playback software.

>if you watch normal full HD tv (1080p) you aren't gonna tell the difference between a 3gb or a 20gb movie.
I can very easily tell even on my 23" monitor. Not to mention the absolutely shit tier audio

Bet the movie sounds like shit

>you need a 4k tv to notice the shitty compression of a 1080p torrent
Are you retarded?

30GB looks way better than 20GB.

it really doesn't. For x256@1080p 20gb is pretty much the upper limit before you don't see a visible difference anymore

unless it's anime

>(You)

>just incase they can prosecute you in future
>prosecute you for crimes that weren't illegal when it happened
lol only in America

i'm pretty sure 100% of Sup Forums knows this

it's pointless to download anime in higher resolutions than 720p since madvr can supersample it if you have a good enough graphics card

>implying the letters actually matter
>not just mailing them saying "Prove it" and have it be over with

It all depends on the content. Some things really don't need the extra bit of resolution/quality because they don't have anything that depends on it.

Sub 30 min sitcoms? Better not be over 200mb.

Over 30 min sitcoms? Better not be over 600mb.

Sci-fi/fantasy/action tv show? 1gb max.

Flick? 1gb max

Movie? depends; 3gb max for the cgi shit fests, 2gb max for anything else.

Kino? the best you can get.

oops

>Having such bad download speeds he needs to limit himself based on file sizes
lol

that screencap is 1/400th of the videofile

rlly made me think

Can you imagine living in what is basically a giant open sewer?

not really about that. I just don't see the point in taking on the extra data if I don't need to.

Unless I'm watching animation with a simple artstyle I can't stand low bitrate video. Not to mention banding and other kinds of artifacts. Audio is fine up to a point, nothing less than around 192kbps though.

It's called the middle ground fagtron

Encoding on mainstream movies and TV shows is universally terrible even with large filesizes. In general, the more niche something is, the better its encoding will be, because the uploader and the viewers aren't plebs who only care about speed and storage. Japanese kid's shows unironically have the best encoding at the smallest sizes I've ever seen, they're literally flawless.

More like 1/294th

>using VLC

>VLC
>YIFY

Do you regularly hit yourself in the nuts too?

There are no 4k movies that haven't been upscaled. That's why there's no difference, regardless of the TV you use.

Now post a close up shot

>not using vlc

>not using MPC-HC + madVR + ReClock + SVP

>SVP
Why the fuck would you want frame interpolation?

Um, in English please?

That's not a screencap of a yify rip, you imbecile.
Nice digits tho.

>tfw 50gb master race

you're all fucking plebs

None of it compares to owning the actual Blu-Ray and if you disagree you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about. Get a job.

Why download YIFY/YTS if there's already decent HEVC encode from Uniteam (with featurettes) or PSArips? And it's only about 3-5GB.

>4k.jpg
>1920x1080

woah woah slow down professor

>seeding

Get a taste of glorious HEVC encode from these encoders user. Other wannabe HEVC encoders should go.

Literally just download a remux and you have the same video that's on the disc.

>normal tv
>monitor

good reading job there m8

this

feels like a waste of space

Yeah try it was an example, Yifi or RARBH or EVO or whatever the fuck

With yifi people on Sup Forums usually means rips that arent +20gb

>YIFI has been dead for years
mfw YIFI has been dead for years.

It's just other people using his name for ad revenue