No origin story bullshit, spiderman is already really good at fighting crime and using his powers

>no origin story bullshit, spiderman is already really good at fighting crime and using his powers
>developed by Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon)
>ps4 exclusive

are you ready for Sony to save superhero vidya?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo9dOT7mbE
youtube.com/watch?v=HrtwUQXuSXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

According to who? I'm still not moved. I wanna run around as Peter Parker and take pictures of shit and be able to customize the news paper they're posted in.

I feel like it'll be just as shitty as all the other Spidey games.

I actually have some interesting ideas for some Peter Parker gameplay ideas.

>Pretty much skip all the boring Spiderman stuff and play as Peter Parker
>Run around taking pictures of New York and dress up as the Spiderman and take pictures of yourself
>Be able to choose your pose
>Be able to choose your lens types and camera types
>Have date missions with Mary Jane (Not in Spiderman clothes, just as Peter Parker)
>Take Aunt May to get her prostate exam and her colon cleaned out on a routinely basis
>Actually have a colon meter on the side so you'll know when you have to take her to get all that shit flushed out of her
>Have to drive in the car with her and listen to her yammer on about how she used to take atomic man shits on Uncle Ben's chest, only for you to have to remind her you're her nephew and not her friends
>There should be dialogue boxes for you having to reply to JJ's wise cracks and also a mini game where you talk to JJ and try not to give away that you're Spiderman

I don't know if there are going to be Peter segments (would be really cool), but the lead director of the game said his favorite spiderman stories are when Spiderman's world and Peter's world collide.

>all the other spidey games

someone didn't play spiderman 2 the movie game

I meant the modern Spidey games.

Would have liked a better costume though.

>Take Aunt May to get her prostate exam and her colon cleaned out on a routinely basis

Faggot, do you even know what a prostate is?

Wow! A Spider-Man.game!!!????

Whaa whaa whaaa?????

A....SPIDER-MAN.....GAME?????

How....I....Wha.....

Who wouldve thought...?

This is so insanely new and original....genius...Spider...pure...-Man....genius...

*faints*

>not liking trap May

I bet you know you ass eating munchkin.

fuck off to your subreddit

>miss the qte and you have sit down with her & jjj sr for dinner

also
>ps4 exclusive
this is the only thing that hurts but I understand since it's all sony doing the publishing

>knowing biology makes you gay

I prefer trap Mania.

if i wanted to talk about traps, I would post on Sup Forums. Lets talk about vidya please.

That would explain why she and Ben never had kids of their own.

And it simultaneously precludes the existence of Trouble

>ps4 exclusive

You say this like it's a good thing

This, exclusives are gay af

>ready for Sony to save superhero vidya
>implying

Bloodborne is an exclusive souls game and it just happens to be the best souls game ever made

>telltale garbage

fuck off to

>developed by Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon)
Yes they also made Fuse, Ratchet & Clank reboot and Sunset Overdrive.

So talk about it and stop whining

It's a valid point, but exclusives are bad for everyone.

I'd much prefer a 60fps bloodborne

Sunset Overdrive wasn't bad, enough of this meme.

Why would Peter Parker be able to customize newspapers? If anything that'd be included in a J Jonah Jameson game.

But it wasn't good

Fuse was shit, but I liked SSOD and the Ratchet reboot.

Yes it fucking was.

>the Ratchet reboot
It was worse then the original game

>J Jonah Jameson game never
>You will never pilot the Spider-Slayer and rid your beloved city of a dangerous menace
>You will never tell Godzilla to fuck off

>he didn't cry at the end of TWD season 1

I'll give you that, but I still enjoyed it. I fucking hated the story though. I blame the movie for that.

You mean PS4 Exclusive*

*also coming to PC

If Rocksteady proved anything, it's that superhero vidya can't be saved

I hope the web swing mechanics are better, as in actually swinging on buildings and removing that god awful QTE parkour. That and having a decent cast of villains

*Published by Sony* I wouldn't be surprised if this was party of the MCU deal.

>>ps4 exclusive
Why the fuck is this considered a good thing?

>ready for Sony to save superhero vidya?
Rocksteady saved it years ago

>party
Damn typos.

FIGHT
FIGHT
FIGHT

He even has the eye lenses.

Why would they have an origin story in a game? You going to walk around as peter parker stepping on spiders until you get bit?

Sunset Overdrive was fun as fuck if you're not autistic and you are capable of looking past the hit and miss meme humor

What's exactly your problem with a new spidey game coming out?

>you are capable of looking past the hit and miss meme humor
You expect someone to look past the entire story section of the game? That's like selling an MMORPG on the argument that if you look past the MMO aspect then it's a great game.

Why is that blonde guy wearing lipstick?

I'm from Sup Forums. Sorry for shitting up nice Sup Forums thread

But only reason people on Sup Forums are excited is because its Sony-exclusive. You nice people here care about the story and characters and whatnot which is cool

Sorry for shitposting

>Ratchet & Clank reboot and Sunset Overdrive
Fuse was shit but both R&C reboot and Sunset Overdrive were okay

And overall, fun. I just want to crash and shot webs in someone's face

He's stunning and brave that's why

>playing a video game for the story
>caring about the story more than the gameplay
really user?

Alright who here is switching costumes first chance they get? Because I dont know what they were thinking with that white logo. I hope we at least get a wide selection, wouldnt mind the Civil War costume either

People like you are the reason why the market is flooded with call of duty shit.

I prefer Track Mania
no, not really

>people who care about gameplay are why the market is flooded with derivative rehashes

You might want to rethink that one

I agree with you but either way it's a good game

The only bad thing it's the history that basically ruined all the character progression that ratchet, clank and quark had

How did Spiderman get his powers?

Supposedly the White logo serves a purpose. It's to help keep track of yourself during "intense action" apparently. I expect that's a massive fucking lie though.

A spider spidered him.

Barely anyone Sup Forums has a PS4 compared to other sites. Sup Forums is PC + nintendo for the most part.

So spiderman was trapped in a web and [...] got his powers?

>ps4 exclusive
Really sad about this

I don't know about Spiderman but Spider-Man was bitten by a radioactive spider

Yeah. It was a REALLY big spider.

I don't play video games for the story, but if you do have a story then you are not allowed to neglect it simply because you're a video game. Might as well neglect special effects in movies or music in both games and movies while we are at it.

I mean really who needs music? Both movies and games can be mute, nobody would miss it.

The last time I went to Sup Forums it was Sony v Nintendo arguing non-stop.

The place is an utter shithole, I mean like seriously fucking bad.

No, he just got spidered.

would spiderman be bitten by a radioactive man and gotten human powers?

Right because Spider Man already didnt stick out like a sore fucking thumb with the red/blue against a grey background. So yeah they're full of shit

As for the "Story vs Gameplay" thing, I think its important to either have a good balance or at least solid gameplay at the very least. Thats why Im not currently sold on the new God of War, because they completely gutted the gameplay just for a narrative

I'm not sold on the new God of War because the story for God of War 3 was so awful then I don't want anything more to do with the series.

>because they completely gutted the gameplay just for a narrative

I don't get into it mostly because it doesn't look a GoW game at all

It just the setting that rustles my jimmies

So how many Spidey villains are we expecting here? I mean its cool that we're getting Mister Negative as sort of the street level threat but I'll be a tad disappointed if we dont see some familiar faces like Rhino or Mysterio for example. Also not a fan of the voice actor they went with

>are you ready for Sony to save superhero vidya?

But superhero vidya is already great.

Fuck off.

Every telltale game is the same. First time you play you think all your decisions matter and then you run it again and find out they never did.

>You expect someone to look past the entire story section of the game?
yes

While Im happy they got Insomniac on this, because I can think of a dozen worse developers, I cant help but feel that maybe Sucker Punch should have had a crack at it

>Might as well neglect special effects in movies or music in both games and movies while we are at it.

>I cant help but feel that maybe Sucker Punch should have had a crack at it

this so much. I was surprised this didn't happen.

>I don't get into it mostly because it doesn't look a GoW game at all

This. As I watched it it made me feel like they wanted to just put a pair of balls on Lara Croft from the rebooted Tomb Raider series and call it a day.

I thought Joel started lifting weights, and Ellie had a sex change.

>Fuse
>ever blamig Insomniac for the publisher raping Overstrike to hell and back

>no origin story bullshit
Your Sup Forums is showing, relatively few Spider-Man games bother with his origins. Actually, I think it's just the first movie game that does. Well and probably TASM1's game too then, but then that's still just 2 out of all the Spider-Man games that exist.

Lucky for you, I'M A DOG LOVER

But seriously, there will be Parker segments

>Because I dont know what they were thinking with that white logo.
Mr. Negative

I dont follow

if it's not on a nintendo system i'm not playing it, so.. yeah i guess i can't get pumped, even though it looks nice

>hurr durr Sup Forums
Fuck off. OP wasnt even implying that all Spider-Man games do the origin story, just that he was glad this one wasnt going to be one either.

>Nintendo
>System
Pick one user

Except the guy flat out said that not every game does the origin story, and he's right.

>nintendo system
>2016

Why would any company besides nintendo do a game in the wii u?

I know he's right, but you can't say that when the rumors of a new Spider-Man game started coming out you didn't think it wasnt going to be attached to the new Spider-Man that we were getting, like the last two games. OPs post was a sigh of relief.

Anyone play Web of Shadows? Not perfect by any means but the web mechanics weren't bad

>Another 3D Spider-Man game.

Really? We've had plenty of them already and this one will probably be more of the same. Why not a different superhero?

Though it's DC that needs to make more games about individual superheroes. I want my Arkham-quality Superman and Flash games damnit.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo9dOT7mbE
youtube.com/watch?v=HrtwUQXuSXY

IMO the big reason that the main focus is on Batman/Spider-man is because it's just harder to do justice to the powersets of the other heroes.

I hope we get the Civil War outfit at least

I unironically think this suit should be in the game.

To be fair there should be A LOT of alt costumes at our disposal, no excuse

>ASM1 gave us the Black suit
>but not this one
I'm still mad